• Please log in to reply
1706 replies to this topic

Blaggah

Blaggah

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
Wow, I just say that I'm a bit jealous because the fact that I see a lot of people are getting success with Yosemite and even high sierra in their arandale based laptops and I can't seem to get mines to work for the life of me. Someone please help me Mac peer, what's up bro?

#1 Laptops: Toshiba Portegé R705-P35
Intel HD Graphics M370
4GB of Ram 500GB HDD

#2 Toshiba Satelite A505
Intel HD Graphics 330M
4GB of Ram 500 GB HDD

GuneetAtwal

GuneetAtwal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

can anyone please help me and reply to make the following things work

- Powermanagement ( i3 370m) + sleep

- Brightness Control (Was a working with generic brightness kext in yosemite but not in sierra)

- Battery Percentage 

i have tried and searched a lot but there is nothing for powermanagement for arrandle first gen processors. Also battery percentage was working in yosemite but not in sierra.

Please can anyone help me ? 

HandaTakuya

HandaTakuya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

can anyone please help me and reply to make the following things work

- Powermanagement ( i3 370m) + sleep

- Brightness Control (Was a working with generic brightness kext in yosemite but not in sierra)

- Battery Percentage 

i have tried and searched a lot but there is nothing for powermanagement for arrandle first gen processors. Also battery percentage was working in yosemite but not in sierra.

Please can anyone help me ? 

sleep not work for Intel gen 1

Brightness Control and Battery patch DSDT 

GuneetAtwal

GuneetAtwal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Brightness Control and Battery patch DSDT 

i was able to patch brightness but the controls for brightness are still kind of broken. When on fresh start if i press brightness low key then screen dims completely to dark and it stays like that as i can't increase brightness :/

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts

[...]

Non-sense, it worked perfectly on my HP G72 with Intel i3-330M and still works after upgrading to i5-540M (it's a simple matter of opting for generation of P States & C States and disabling hibernation); but this is all off-topic in a thread dedicated to 1st gen Intel HD graphics.

iWin32

iWin32

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
I'm coming out of "retirement" to throw this idea out there: Is it possible to consider creating a kext based on Lilu to automatically patch the kexts and other issues related to first-gen Intel HD Graphics? I would try myself, but I'm not a programmer and all the plugin reading is going over my head.

More info: http://www.insanelym...rocess-patcher/

vusun123

vusun123

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

I'm coming out of "retirement" to throw this idea out there: Is it possible to consider creating a kext based on Lilu to automatically patch the kexts and other issues related to first-gen Intel HD Graphics? I would try myself, but I'm not a programmer and all the plugin reading is going over my head.

More info: http://www.insanelym...rocess-patcher/

If there are no hacks to the info.plist, sure you can, but since there are Single Link and Dual Link display, you will have to create an additional boot args so that it will change the patching pattern to Dual Link if you input it, for example -1stgfx=dual or something like that

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Intel GMA HD, Arrandale, Intel GMA 5700HD

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy