• Please log in to reply
1774 replies to this topic

Blaggah

Blaggah

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
Wow, I just say that I'm a bit jealous because the fact that I see a lot of people are getting success with Yosemite and even high sierra in their arandale based laptops and I can't seem to get mines to work for the life of me. Someone please help me Mac peer, what's up bro?

#1 Laptops: Toshiba Portegé R705-P35
Intel HD Graphics M370
4GB of Ram 500GB HDD

#2 Toshiba Satelite A505
Intel HD Graphics 330M
4GB of Ram 500 GB HDD

GuneetAtwal

GuneetAtwal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

can anyone please help me and reply to make the following things work

- Powermanagement ( i3 370m) + sleep

- Brightness Control (Was a working with generic brightness kext in yosemite but not in sierra)

- Battery Percentage 

i have tried and searched a lot but there is nothing for powermanagement for arrandle first gen processors. Also battery percentage was working in yosemite but not in sierra.

Please can anyone help me ? 

HandaTakuya

HandaTakuya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

can anyone please help me and reply to make the following things work

- Powermanagement ( i3 370m) + sleep

- Brightness Control (Was a working with generic brightness kext in yosemite but not in sierra)

- Battery Percentage 

i have tried and searched a lot but there is nothing for powermanagement for arrandle first gen processors. Also battery percentage was working in yosemite but not in sierra.

Please can anyone help me ? 

sleep not work for Intel gen 1

Brightness Control and Battery patch DSDT 

GuneetAtwal

GuneetAtwal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Brightness Control and Battery patch DSDT 

i was able to patch brightness but the controls for brightness are still kind of broken. When on fresh start if i press brightness low key then screen dims completely to dark and it stays like that as i can't increase brightness :/

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

[...]

Non-sense, it worked perfectly on my HP G72 with Intel i3-330M and still works after upgrading to i5-540M (it's a simple matter of opting for generation of P States & C States and disabling hibernation); but this is all off-topic in a thread dedicated to 1st gen Intel HD graphics.

iWin32

iWin32

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
I'm coming out of "retirement" to throw this idea out there: Is it possible to consider creating a kext based on Lilu to automatically patch the kexts and other issues related to first-gen Intel HD Graphics? I would try myself, but I'm not a programmer and all the plugin reading is going over my head.

More info: http://www.insanelym...rocess-patcher/

vusun123

vusun123

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

I'm coming out of "retirement" to throw this idea out there: Is it possible to consider creating a kext based on Lilu to automatically patch the kexts and other issues related to first-gen Intel HD Graphics? I would try myself, but I'm not a programmer and all the plugin reading is going over my head.

More info: http://www.insanelym...rocess-patcher/

If there are no hacks to the info.plist, sure you can, but since there are Single Link and Dual Link display, you will have to create an additional boot args so that it will change the patching pattern to Dual Link if you input it, for example -1stgfx=dual or something like that

Baio77

Baio77

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 249 posts

Good evening, wanting to test the new High Sierra 10.13 on my notebook I turned to Gengik84 and we were able to install it with the bootable usb created with C_I_M. So without the need to erase any kext. That's allowed to get to the desktop and then put the 2 kexts in the clover into the folder created by me 10.13 ...........

VGA ON without erasing anything ...........

Add fake id 0x12345678 to clover gui or config only x install

Grande Gengik84 ........................

img_0513.jpg

img_0514.jpg

Attached Files

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,955 posts

:whistle: "Getting mad" does not prevent from reading post #1 which explicitly states what platforms this guide applies to and which it does not!

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 22.52.30.png   228.25KB   15 downloads

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 22.53.16.png   177.85KB   14 downloads

Baio77

Baio77

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 249 posts

Hey , Help me  :(

i try this method for my ASUS X45A intel Celeron 1000m, 

but not working  :(

already patching dsdt, patch intel graphics, inject intel graphics .

why not working in my notebook ??
i used snow leopard, mavericks, yosemite, sierra. but always not respond my vga card :'(

anyone can solved this problem??

this my intel reg dump from ubuntu  :(

help i stress  :(

device id

0x0156

0x0009

all kext working, sound, acpi bright, dsdt fix bug, battery, wireless swap to ar9285.

ONLY Graphics my problem  :(

please help mee,,,,

^sorry bad english^

THIS GUIDE ONLY INTEL CPU 1°GEN ARRANDALE ............ Sorry

MacNB

MacNB

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

with kext here

Instead of using these kexts here and erasing original, why is not possible to use Clover to patch the original kext on the fly ?

If it is possible, then what are all the changes made to the original kexts here ?

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,955 posts

:wallbash: Folks, this thread/guide is for 1st gen Intel HD graphics of 2010 Arrandale CPUs only! It's not applicable to any other later gen low-end Intel HD graphics. It says so on p1 so please stop polluting this thread with queries about other iGPUs and open your own ones.  :poster_spam:

If a shop window said "No dog, no food, no French!", would you walk in with your dirty poodle, a baguette and say "Bonjour"?  :compress: :boxing:

Hamza Jeljeli TN

Hamza Jeljeli TN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello there, I have a Dell Latitude E6410 (Intel Core i5 520M, 8Gb of RAM, 1 TB HDD) .. It only has Intel HD Graphics with eDP connector  :blush:  .. does any one have the correct Kexts for it ? It's device id is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_040A1028&REV_02 . and i wish to install OS X El capitain 10.11.6 or greater .. Thanks in advance  :) .

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,955 posts

Well, if you read p1 of the thread you will find:

• information that explains that eDP displays can only get partial graphics acceleration (unworthy imo but it's only mine)
  • a link to the 1st gen Intel HD patched kexts in the download area
  • the process to follow to implement partial (CI only) support

The link leads to the download area where kexts up to Sierra are available. However, that download area page states:
Note: CI only (CI) is only available on OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 and below. Future releases of macOS requires full graphics acceleration (QE/CI) for optimal performance and stability.

In other words, the trick for eDP displays does not work beyond Mavericks 10.9.5 and your system has no graphics support in Yosemite and beyond... Sorry!

Goldfish64

Goldfish64

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Does anyone here have the backlight working after sleep on 10.12.6? I recall that it worked fine on 10.12.4 or 10.12.5, but after doing a clean install of 10.12.6, the backlight stays off after a resume from sleep, brightness slider doesn't appear either. The DSDT is patched according to the guide with the IntelBacklight kext present.

Baio77

Baio77

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 249 posts

Does anyone here have the backlight working after sleep on 10.12.6? I recall that it worked fine on 10.12.4 or 10.12.5, but after doing a clean install of 10.12.6, the backlight stays off after a resume from sleep, brightness slider doesn't appear either. The DSDT is patched according to the guide with the IntelBacklight kext present.

I also hit the DSDT and put the kext on 10.12.6 or 10.13, I have the cursor and buttons but the brightness does not change .....
Can you post your DSDT?

trupetiago

trupetiago

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

How to boot the installer without the black screen during graphical entrance? I tried many things, some dumb (removing the kexts from the DMG on USB). Restore method display OSInstall.mpkg Missing or Invalid. CreateInstallMedia seems to work but display blackscreen. Include the patched kext on EFI partition is order to bypass the native display Unable to load kext. The method of fake id (Baio77) display blackscreen. If i boot in -x mode it restart by itself.

How can we (owner of 1st gen intel graphics) can install High Sierra?

arcade33

arcade33

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:electronic informatic

How to boot the installer without the black screen during graphical entrance? I tried many things, some dumb (removing the kexts from the DMG on USB). Restore method display OSInstall.mpkg Missing or Invalid. CreateInstallMedia seems to work but display blackscreen. Include the patched kext on EFI partition is order to bypass the native display Unable to load kext. The method of fake id (Baio77) display blackscreen. If i boot in -x mode it restart by itself.

How can we (owner of 1st gen intel graphics) can install High Sierra?

have you checked intel graphic in CLOVER config.plist ???

HIGH SIERRA FINAL on ACER ASPIRE 5733

working for me  :)

captur10.jpg

trupetiago

trupetiago

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

have you checked intel graphic in CLOVER config.plist ???

HIGH SIERRA FINAL on ACER ASPIRE 5733

working for me  :)

captur10.jpg

I tried with Inject Intel and without... same result (black screen).

Baio77

Baio77

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 249 posts

I tried with Inject Intel and without... same result (black screen).

Install :with fake ID 0x12345678 ....... 

Post install : copy with KEXT WIZARD only this file in S\L\E ...... until you install this kext, you have to start with fake id ..... In the configplist, in Clover graphics section: select Patch Vbios and Intel inject ....

scherm11.png

scherm13.png

Attached File  AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.zip   57.3KB   22 downloads With Kext Wizard in S\L\E ONLY this KEXT for active your VGA Arrandale in 10.13

Attached File  NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip   29.16KB   5 downloads Only if you have CPU problems , copy in Clover Kext ... To cancel, if you want to manage PM with Clover

Once installed, you can enable PM management with Clover

scherm14.png

scherm15.png

Can you post your EFI folder?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Intel GMA HD, Arrandale, Intel GMA 5700HD

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy