[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Hervé said:

Pre-patched kexts are only available for ML 10.8.5 at a minimum. Same applies to the patcher afaik: supports starts at 10.8.5. See p1.

But have a look here for SL.

That is if there is hope for snow leopard, full QE / CI, Toshiba L500-sp6018m, i3 330M, Linkwidht 1 LVDS, I currently have High Sierra but I need to experiment, I really want to use Intel HD in Snow Leopard, Thanks , :) Thanks , Thanks.  

can extract FB of Snow leopard iatkos s3 v2 and patch Giofrida old version 

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-14 a la(s) 3.44.38 p. m..png

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-14 a la(s) 3.41.16 p. m..png

Edited by jgil00
  • Like 1

@Badruzeus We meet on Facebook, howdy? Thanks for helping out within this thread, help really appreciated, homie. @GhostRaider Please add the following number to HP working laptops: HP G62-b40SG: Works: QE/CI, full resolution, rotate screen, sound, ethernet. Wifi works if replaced wireless card. Performance - 2013ish macbook pro. Bootloader has to be loaded through legacy means: that is Grub2 loading up Clover from Mojave EFI partition.

• Like 1

Hello, I was wondering if with future updates I will have to install my kext again, Mojave works well with 3GB of ram even with apps like photoshop, it will be the last macOS in which this chip works  

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-26 a la(s) 8.50.58 p. m..png

• Like 2

Hello from Brazil, everyone. I'd like to ask you guys for a little assistance, if possible:

I have a Lenovo ideapad z460 with a Core i3 350m processor (Arrandale). The kext package provided for QE/CI works beautifully with Chameleon bootloader and Yosemite.  From 10.10 to 10.10.5, I have always selected the SingleLinK option (since my native resolution is 1366x768), "Normal" Framebuffer, LCD+VGA LW1. With these choices for Chameleon/Yosemite, I have QE/CI fully enabled.

Here is my problem:  I have now decided to install El Capitan 10.11.6 and use Clover Legacy (laptop has older bios - no UEFI support) as the bootloader. Depending on which Framebuffer I choose, either the system won’t get past the Apple Logo and progress bar, or it does reach the desktop, but the screen is all garbled. I have tried every Framebuffer kext provided, but the result is always the same: either the system never reaches the desktop, or it does reach it, but the screen is all messed up. 

In Clover settings, I have “PatchVBIOS” checked, but everything else unchecked.  Clover GUI resolution is perfect.

Here is where things get confusing:  With Clover, if I do not install AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext, I can reach the desktop just fine with my laptop’s native resolution. However, obviously no QE/CI…

If I use Enoch as the bootloader, I can install the kexts from the package and have QE/CI fully enabled?!

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Hello, I read that upgrade to Mojave is very easy, but I'd like to know that 1st gen intel hd graphics have to be done with special configs or something.
In other words, how can I upgrade to Mojave in a secure way??? or if there's a secure guide to do it, I'll appreciate the help! 

Thank you very much!!!

I know its kinda off-topic but since there is no thread with our old processors. 

How can i make a mojave usb cause it says that i cant download it since my hackintosh doesnt support it. 

I downloaded an img and created an usb with mojave from the very same place i create the high sierra. I can install High sierra normally but when i try to install mojave it starts but then gives me the error of still waiting for root device. Already tried the usual kexts and bootflags but still cant pass that. Is really high sierra the highest os i am able to install on my pc?

Edited by mrblamz

19 hours ago, viloulo said:

Hello from Brazil, everyone. I'd like to ask you guys for a little assistance, if possible:

I have a Lenovo ideapad z460 with a Core i3 350m processor (Arrandale). The kext package provided for QE/CI works beautifully with Chameleon bootloader and Yosemite.  From 10.10 to 10.10.5, I have always selected the SingleLinK option (since my native resolution is 1366x768), "Normal" Framebuffer, LCD+VGA LW1. With these choices for Chameleon/Yosemite, I have QE/CI fully enabled.

Here is my problem:  I have now decided to install El Capitan 10.11.6 and use Clover Legacy (laptop has older bios - no UEFI support) as the bootloader. Depending on which Framebuffer I choose, either the system won’t get past the Apple Logo and progress bar, or it does reach the desktop, but the screen is all garbled. I have tried every Framebuffer kext provided, but the result is always the same: either the system never reaches the desktop, or it does reach it, but the screen is all messed up. 

In Clover settings, I have “PatchVBIOS” checked, but everything else unchecked.  Clover GUI resolution is perfect.

Here is where things get confusing:  With Clover, if I do not install AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext, I can reach the desktop just fine with my laptop’s native resolution. However, obviously no QE/CI…

If I use Enoch as the bootloader, I can install the kexts from the package and have QE/CI fully enabled?!

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Anyone?

2 hours ago, MacPeet said:

How did you solve the problem?
Here since 10.13.4 it does not work any longer with HS and Mojave.

Hi, i just scrapped my dsdt and add pnlf patch directly to dsdt but didn't work, i also followed rehabman guide how to patch dsdt/ssdt for brightness it shows the slider but it still didn't work, I'll try more futher tomorrow for patching and using AcpiBacklightInjector kext 

@RiskyRis

I misunderstood you
I thought with you the brightness control works.

DSDT.aml.zip

Worked earlier with IntelBacklight.kext and DSDT.
IntelBacklight.kext now broken
Have synonymous only the slider without function.
I also tried other solutions from Rehabman, but to no avail.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my dilemmas guys, I have 2 1st Gen Intel hd laptops. And they both running high Sierra 10.13.6. I just can't seem to use HDMI out to tv, whenever I do, I get blank white screen. Is it possible to use HDMI out with those 1st Gen Intel hd machines running MacOs?

On 10/16/2018 at 12:15 AM, Blaggah said:

Here's my dilemmas guys, I have 2 1st Gen Intel hd laptops. And they both running high Sierra 10.13.6. I just can't seem to use HDMI out to tv, whenever I do, I get blank white screen. Is it possible to use HDMI out with those 1st Gen Intel hd machines running MacOs?

Do you have working Brightness, mine didn't work so i revert back to el capitan

Guys I have a weird issue. I am running Mojave on Gen 1 laptop. I have qe/ci working when i choose smbios macbook pro 6.1 however when insert usb pen drive it does not get recognised.

When I change smbios to mackbook pro 9.1 qe/ci does not work i have to inject 12345678 to boot back into system but usb gets recognised.

I have usbinjectall and usb generic kext files in efi other folder.

For those who have gen 1 laptop fully working with qe/ci and usb ports please advice on what to do.

Any help would be appreciated.e850fb0325a1dc2b7383fcf6bf0a6fcd.jpgfa484e8c5502374ffa5cbd4c561a84e8.jpg9ac9c884707be695d1dc0857f7bab6d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

On 6/21/2018 at 5:53 PM, Badruzeus said:

Fyi, my friend's 1st Gen. Intel HD Graphics is working fine with QE/CI enabled under macOS Mojave Beta 2 using patched AppleIntelHDGraphics*.kext from Sierra (16A323: 1st MAS Release). Have you tried with this?

PiKy8Vy.jpg

On 6/24/2018 at 5:55 AM, MacPeet said:

Wow... :thumbsup_anim:
I also have QE/CI with Mojave.
I have again installed my 5 patched Intel Kext's and IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext from the HS with KextUtility. Now QE / CI non metal works with unsupported SMBIOS MacBookPro 6.1.

Now everything works.
VLC, Youtube-Video's works
DVD player plays DVD's
... :thumbsup_anim:   :wub:

post-8047-0-87460000-1529844028.png

post-8047-0-52650300-1529844044.png

post-8047-0-23023100-1529844059.png

Hi Badruzeus, MacPeet,

I am able to get full hardware acceleration on my T410i with Sierra Kexts and Yosemite / El Capitan Patched FB Kext. However, I notice that the sidebar of the active finder window or menubar/dropdown-options are very dark (this is not dark mode). See in the attached screenshot.

Is it a problem or it is like that? How can I have the sidebar or menubar (including top menubar) with base color white. The sidebar base color is white in the inactive window.

I don't see this in Badruzeus screenshot. His top menubar is simply transparent and shows the underneath blue.

But your's (MacPeet) and mine top menu bar are not transparent but rather dark grey. 

Also, is there a way to make the backlight brightness work?

Thanks.

My screenshot...

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 9.16.34 PM.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RiskyRis said:

do you manage to make your brightness control work, could share how to guide?

Nope, I don't see the brightness slider. Sleep is also not working, so I have disabled sleep, hibernate and standby using pmset command.

I have a T410i with Intel HD Graphics, does anyone know how much it is different from T420. There seems to be a very nice guide and configuration prepared by tluck (@tluck) for T420, I'm thinking to apply that and see how much of that helps.

no no is not a good idea because T420 have a HD 3000 ( I GOT ONE )

the best one is the T430 with HD 4000 , i got one six months ago 

i'm running MOJAVE WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS 

ALL IS WORKING 

1 hour ago, arcade33 said:

no no is not a good idea because T420 have a HD 3000 ( I GOT ONE )

the best one is the T430 with HD 4000 , i got one six months ago 

i'm running MOJAVE WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS 

ALL IS WORKING 

I understand that and will use the appropriate kexts for arrandale graphics. I already have them working currently. The problems I want to solve is sleep and backlight which need dsdt/ssdt modifications but I don't understand them. 

In one message I read tluck saying that T410 is quite close to T420 and with small adjustments we might be able to get things working properly.

@MacPeet i found workaround for the brightness problem on This graphics.

1. Patch dsdt for brightness using this guide or @mnorthern guide.

2. After that use IntelBacklit driver from rehabman, delete ACPIBacklit

3. Download Brightness By bergdesign

4. Voila you have working brightness on High Sierra

Notes :

The slider that shown on Syspref became only cosmetic, fn brightness keys works but not affecting the display

Proof :

Proof brightness control working

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 13.25.41.png

On 10/23/2018 at 3:21 PM, ronaldo9_r9 said:

All is working now. Running Mojave on Gen 1 laptop.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

How did you solved it? Im having same problem but i cant even install mojave cause it is not detecting usb.

Had no problems installing high sierra.

Edited by mrblamz