[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

Guys i was successfully able to fresh install High Sierra 10.13.4 on my Dell Inspiron n5010 with i3-370m processor and intel hd graphics.

After installing it my Laptop is running very hot and it sometimes auto shutdowns due to over heating.

Can anyone tell me what is going on ? Also sleep/wake is not working.

Can anyone tell me how to better the power management and make the sleep/wake work ?

Hello everybody. I got my Gateway NV59c fully working on High Sierra, but after 10.13.4 update I got black screen, I only can see trough screen sharing on my iMac, but I can fix to normal again... Everything works like a charm, except from this black screen and some sort of heating... any ideas???

Thank you!!! 

11 hours ago, Baio77 said:

Hello, every time you update MacOS you have to re-install the Kext x VGA intel 1st gen, you have to repeat the procedure as you have already done

I already install the kexts into the EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other and also on S/L/E and L/E. as far I know, neither of three folders conflicts each other.

I think is a kind of Clover configuration, but I still can get it exactly... 
I let you my config.plist if somebody want and can help me... Thank you very much!

Screenshot 2018-04-17 15.25.31.png

config.plist

10 hours ago, Baio77 said:

This configplist NO good.
is really disgusting, Tony's tools ????
Download and install original OS from App.Store

I Installed everything without Tony tools, as this guide says. The problem then was, that when looking for Hda.kext I use a Tony tool to get it... Maybe that was my mistake... Thank you very much for your help. Proceed to do a clean install again... Report when done!

On 4/18/2018 at 3:53 AM, Baio77 said:

This configplist NO good.
is really disgusting, Tony's tools ????
Download and install original OS from App.Store

On 4/18/2018 at 2:42 PM, irako said:

I Installed everything without Tony tools, as this guide says. The problem then was, that when looking for Hda.kext I use a Tony tool to get it... Maybe that was my mistake... Thank you very much for your help. Proceed to do a clean install again... Report when done!

Install from fresh again. This time without Tony Tools, follow some guide in this topic. Install IntelHD kexts as usual in S/L/E and thats it.

Everything works again, except for backlight, I never could have this work, also got heating problem and when boots apple logo dissapears from like 5 seconds and then appear the login window... Any ideas on any of this????

29 minutes ago, irako said:

Install from fresh again. This time without Tony Tools, follow some guide in this topic. Install IntelHD kexts as usual in S/L/E and thats it.

Everything works again, except for backlight, I never could have this work, also got heating problem and when boots apple logo dissapears from like 5 seconds and then appear the login window... Any ideas on any of this????

The brightness is NOT from Sierra, in my signature you find tools with which to give info on your system .....
Post Hack Info and the clover folder ......
Only in this way can I help you ......

49 minutes ago, Baio77 said:

The brightness is NOT from Sierra, in my signature you find tools with which to give info on your system .....
Post Hack Info and the clover folder ......
Only in this way can I help you ......

Thank you Baio77.

Here is my CLOVER folder and the Hack info. 

For Some Reason I can't upload my CLOVER folder. But here you can download...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjprxs1idtj9pt7/CLOVER.zip?dl=0

Thank you again!!!

Screenshot 2018-04-23 23.14.38.png

HackInfo_Report.zip

Edited by irako

Test the configplist, copy the folder Other in place of yours, I have filtered the kext you need to your PC ...
You should extract ACPI tables from the clover GUI with F4 and post it ....
Before doing so, delete all the files you have in Clover Origin ......
We try to make this PC work like a real Macbookpro......
Post Photo DCPI manager  

Test.zip

• 1 month later...

So I'm back at it again. Just to recap my post back in 2015

I was attempting to Hackintosh my VAIO VPCEB3AFM to OS X Mavericks but it never worked out great on me and I gave up doing it. Then I decided to install macOS Sierra using an Olarila Image (which is 10.12.6)

Updated Specs:

Core i3-350m 2.2 GHz

4GB DDR3 RAM

320 GB HDD

I tried using the framebuffer for AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext to my EFI/CLOVER/kext folder on my Mac HD but everytime I reboot to make it work it keeps showing distorted screen

I have Patch VBIOS enable on my Clover Config Plist File and also if I can't get it to work and change a framebuffer. I have to Inject Intel with 0x12345678

Note: If I had Patch VBIOS disabled and had the FB kext in S/L/E it would show white screen and thus never see the logon screen

I tried the macOS sierra Framebuffer (Normal, Normal IOPCI, Alternate, Alternative IOPCI, Alternate 2 and Alternate 2 IOPCI) as well as the Unmodified Framebuffer (Either Safe Mode Disabled or Enabled) and nothing ever works. I've been trying to get this machine working for a very long time and I had not the chance to use this machine to boot Hackintosh since 2012.  I was thinking if I should try the Legacy Framebuffer???

Everything else works: Audio, ACPI (Battery Status), Keyboard and Trackpad, Wi-Fi. Just the graphics is the biggest issue I've faced

(tried other OS'es - Mavericks, Yosemite) Nothing!! :(

Please help me out. This is stressful

first attempt with Mojave and Intel HD Graphics 1.Gen :wub:

unsupported SMBIOS (here as MacBookPro6,1) with boot-flag "-no_compat_check" for unsupported SMBIOS / Mac's

Atheros WLAN is not working anymore (my AR5B95 does not work with Mojave anymore)
maybe with rollback, I want to try

Edit: Atheros WiFi works again with AirportAtheros4.0.kext to S/L/E

no transparent dock

Screensavers for example "Origami" and others work great

Launchpad without stuttering

Video and sound work very well here

1.thumb.png.00e33c830a6b3e3681ff0bf219fbb237.png

2.thumb.png.54ce18828074fc758b417ffeccdd26ab.png

DarkMode:

3.thumb.png.0db108faf0efc3d7b9d5eb242e7dade3.png

:thumbsup_anim:

Edited by MacPeet
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No, not a perfect acceleration

No transparent dock

Full resolution 1600x900 yes

Videos with QuickTimePlayer work well

actually everything works, only transparent dock is not

intel1.png

intel2.png

3 minutes ago, MacPeet said:

@Hervé

Unfortunately, Sleep / Wake is not working

I deleted my 5 IntelHD Kext's in S/L/E and put them after Clover /other.
Exactly the same result.

@cavallo

EFI Mounter v3 works with Mojave

EFI Mounter v3.zip

Thank you very much. I have always done the same, deleting all existing kexts restarts and install the right ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Fyi, my friend's 1st Gen. Intel HD Graphics is working fine with QE/CI enabled under macOS Mojave Beta 2 using patched AppleIntelHDGraphics*.kext from Sierra (16A323: 1st MAS Release). Have you tried with this?

PiKy8Vy.jpg

• Like 1

More info!!! Special boot-flags?
For me, QE / CI does not work with Mojave.
My i3 380M is still working with the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext from Yosemite.
Duallink Alternate 2 1600x900 works very well up to HS.
IntelGraphicPatcher does not work for me. Maybe I'm too blond.
Mojave only without QE / CI here.

Wow... :thumbsup_anim:
I also have QE/CI with Mojave.
I have again installed my 5 patched Intel Kext's and IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext from the HS with KextUtility. Now QE / CI non metal works with unsupported SMBIOS MacBookPro 6.1.

Now everything works.
VLC, Youtube-Video's works
DVD player plays DVD's
... :thumbsup_anim:   :wub:

post-8047-0-87460000-1529844028.png

post-8047-0-52650300-1529844044.png

post-8047-0-23023100-1529844059.png

Edited by MacPeet
  • Like 2