MAXniper

MAXniper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

I installed Mountain Lion 10.8.3 and this kexts:

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext (DualLink LCD Alternative)
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

Natit.kext

This is About this Mac:

But in my notebook's monitor I see this:

Solution? Regards.

i'm on the same step as you

MAXniper

MAXniper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

try editing the plist in the FB kext the guide is in a post by enjoiner...

I have edited and is the same distortion

franmglp

franmglp

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I edited the Info.plist as enjoiner said and it still looks like this:

Monitor.jpg

I patched the framebuffer with the command used by pashoni (-d LVDS+VGA AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB) and it hangs at [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed.

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

I installed Mountain Lion 10.8.3 and this kexts:

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext (DualLink LCD Alternative)
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle
AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

Natit.kext

This is About this Mac:

But in my notebook's monitor I see this:

Solution? Regards.

I will try now Thank you!

Now is like in ScreenShot, I will try to follow the guide here http://www.insanelym...splay-problems/
It seams that Toshiba has the Display EDID and i didn't find it on my Hackintosh.

I haven't covered this part yet but I think you guys might need to create your own patched framebuffer. The ones that I prepatched are basic and its possible that some laptops will not work with these because they require abit more work. I will link you guys to Alexanita's thread for now. It may give you something to work with on how to patch the framebuffer with advanced options:

http://www.insanelym...on-lenovo-x201/

alboz83

alboz83

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Hi, thank you very much for this guide, finally i have a mac almost fully working..I have 2 question, now i have iatkos ml2 (10.8.2), can i update to 10.8.3? the intel kexts for 10.8.2 are different to 10.8.3, and i think that i might have problems. Second, now that Intel HD works, its possible to have ati radeon working( (i have 2 graphics card with switchable). Thanks

JahStories

JahStories

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,120 posts
  • Interests:Everything that got a screen on it, skateboarding, reggae music, PowerPcs, Amigas and retrogamin...
@alboz83 for now you can only use the intel card no chances to make a dual video card setup work right now, by the way, i think this fix is driving my computer to hell since it's working at 70° celsius idle and it reach 100° easily watching flash videos online... is not so good, i don't want to cook eggs on it... any help? speedstep is working and i've patched my dsdt to disable the nvidia card (i'm running on a Optimus lap)... Plus, no wake from sleep... (it works but no backlit on screen)

franmglp

franmglp

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I was installing DualLink framebuffers. Installing DualLink LCD+VGA Alternative I got a distorted screen. Installing DualLink LCD+VGA my system isn't started.

For my screen resolution (1366x768) I need a SingleLink framebuffer. I had not heard that.

I reinstalled the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext with a SingleLink LCD+VGA Alternative framebuffer and now the screen is working flawlessly!

Thanks for the help!

JahStories

JahStories

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,120 posts
  • Interests:Everything that got a screen on it, skateboarding, reggae music, PowerPcs, Amigas and retrogamin...
great franmglp ;) are your temperatures good or the lap get hot easily?

MAXniper

MAXniper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
I need some litle help shoosing the right SMBios,

My CPU is dual core Processador Intel® Pentium® U5400, but in osx it assumes as core i7, what is the best SMBios for this CPU?
Thank you all for helping me!

lance76

lance76

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Just to let you guys know, my ZIP archive already had this, you just had to pick the one you needed, i'm guessing the alternative frame buffer. You didn't have to go through all that trouble. :P Assuming you were using 10.8.3.

I tried all kinds of combinations but always had to remove the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext to be able to boot. It didn't work until I followed enjiner's method. Dunno why :S And yes, I am on 10.8.3, installed via myhack.

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

I need some litle help shoosing the right SMBios,

My CPU is dual core Processador Intel® Pentium® U5400, but in osx it assumes as core i7, what is the best SMBios for this CPU?
Thank you all for helping me!

Have you tried all framebuffers from the ZIP archive?

I tried all kinds of combinations but always had to remove the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext to be able to boot. It didn't work until I followed enjiner's method. Dunno why :S And yes, I am on 10.8.3, installed via myhack.

I saw the plist file and yeah I can confirm there is a slight modification compared to the ones in my ZIP archive. I will add another framebuffer to the family.

MAXniper

MAXniper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Have you tried all framebuffers from the ZIP archive?

I saw the plist file and yeah I can confirm there is a slight modification compared to the ones in my ZIP archive. I will add another framebuffer to the family.

i have tested all and changed one like below, tested also all kind of SMBios and Clover Chimera and Chameleon. lol i have made so many restarts to my laptop that is better to guive VNC access to someone that understands much better than me wat todo hehe.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
<string>English</string>
<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
<string>AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB</string>
<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>
<string>AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB 8.10.44</string>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB</string>
<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>6.0</string>
<key>CFBundleName</key>
<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
<string>KEXT</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>8.10.44</string>
<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
<string>????</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>8.1.0</string>
<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
<dict>
<key>AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<key>FBCControl</key>
<dict>
<key>Compression</key>
<integer>0</integer>
</dict>
<key>FeatureControl</key>
<dict>
<key>FBC</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>GPUInterruptHandling</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Gamma</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>MaximumSelfRefreshLevel</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>PowerStates</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>RSTimerTest</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>RenderStandby</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Watermarks</key>
<integer>0</integer>
</dict>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB</string>
<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
<string>IOFramebuffer</string>
<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
<string>0x03000000</string>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x468086</string>
<key>IOProbeScore</key>
<integer>80000</integer>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
<key>IOSourceVersion</key>
<string>8.10.44</string>
</dict>
</dict>
<key>NSHumanReadableCopyright</key>
<string>Copyright © 1999-2012 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.</string>
<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>
<dict>
<key>com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily</key>
<string>1.2</string>
<key>com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily</key>
<string>1.3</string>
<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>
<string>1.1</string>
<key>com.apple.kpi.bsd</key>
<string>8.0.0</string>
<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>
<string>8.0.0</string>
<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>
<string>8.0.0</string>
<key>com.apple.kpi.mach</key>
<string>8.0.0</string>
<key>com.apple.kpi.unsupported</key>
<string>8.0.0</string>
</dict>
<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
<string>Safe Boot</string>
</dict>
</plist>

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

i have tested all and changed one like below, tested also all kind of SMBios and Clover Chimera and Chameleon. lol i have made so many restarts to my laptop that is better to guive VNC access to someone that understands much better than me wat todo hehe.

You said your computer has an Intel Pentium U5400? I'm not sure if the Intel HD Graphics IGPU on that processor is the same, but as I said awhile back, go to Alexanita's thread and create your own patched frame buffer by following his short guide.

MAXniper

MAXniper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

You said your computer has an Intel Pentium U5400? I'm not sure if the Intel HD Graphics IGPU on that processor is the same, but as I said awhile back, go to Alexanita's thread and create your own patched frame buffer by following his short guide.

Thank you GhostRaider, i will do that, in mean wille your guide for CI worked great for me, before youtube videos were black and now i can see them, really thanks.

mengrh

mengrh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Toshiba TOS5091 monitor problems: Looks like MAC can not define the fresh rate: 60HZ

13-4-7 下午3:32:08.372 System Preferences[204]: CVCGDisplayLink::setCurrentDisplay didn't find a valid display - falling back to 60Hz

There is no @60 HZ in my monitor Screen.

But where can I do it in DSDT?

EDID:
00 FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 51 F3 91 50 00 00 00 00 0E 10 01 03 80 1D 11 FF 2F 00 00 A0 57 49 9B 26 10 48 4F 00 00 00 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 14 1E 56 13 51 00 0C 30 23 70 12 00 27 A6 10 00 00 18 0E 14 56 13 51 00 0C 30 23 70 12 00 27 A6 10 00 00 18 00 00 00 FC 00 49 6E 74 65 72 6E 61 6C 20 4C 43 44 00 00 00 00 FD 00 00 3C 00 35 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 15

After fix the @60HZ issue, Maybe we can try the FB kext. So far all FB Kext can not show the internal LCD. Through the VNC there is no internal LCD available .

I only have CI with 8.3, With Chameleon and modules to get the 1366x768 screen.

Attached Files

pentothal

pentothal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hi all,
I got in touch with Slice (the guy who made Clover Bootloader and many other stuff for the hackintosh community). I explained him my problem. Basically I told him my laptop panel is not outputting any edid and so the framebuffer cannot work at all. I told him I've done many tests (edid injection with clover, different FBs, device string injections and so on) and I came to the conclusion that the FB is not working in my case because of no edid datas were provided by the laptop panel.

Slice thinks the edid is not the problem. I'm quoting his answer: "......About your issue I may say that EDID is injected but Framebuffer don't find any connected monitor. It is not because of EDID. It is because of other address of I2C/DDC registers which is OEM specific. If someone disassemble the kext AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB and understand where is the register then we can propose a method to correct it."

It looks like we were wrong! If anyone is able to disassemble the kext AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB all people with EDID problems may finally have a working FB.
Maybe Verteks can do that?

With hope
Pentothal

stacyk819

stacyk819

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
That makes sense considering the problems that others were having.

This is a little beyond my skill level, but a good place to start would be comparing the 10.6 fb to the 10.8 because evidently the panel works in sl also, this may explain why some people were having success with multiple edid overwrites

2bad0

2bad0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Guys I Love to test new stuff and all beta's are part of it, i don't know if my consciousness is tricky but the new graphics drivers its like i have an nvidia in my system the fluidity is so amazing.I will attach them un-patched prove me wrong or right.

NOTE it's not patched so you will have to apply vertex patcher to it.

And i was thinking why don't we make verteks patch into a clover or chameleon module.

It would allow us to boot vanilla without deleting kexts and it would avoid patching after every update or installation

it would just need a argument like hdenabler -w 1 -p LVDS. or any other way you get the idea.

If flash video is black disable graphics acceleration of chrome/chromium.

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Guys I Love to test new stuff and all beta's are part of it, i don't know if my consciousness is tricky but the new graphics drivers its like i have an nvidia in my system the fluidity is so amazing.I will attach them un-patched prove me wrong or right.

NOTE it's not patched so you will have to apply vertex patcher to it.

And i was thinking why don't we make verteks patch into a clover or chameleon module.

It would allow us to boot vanilla without deleting kexts and it would avoid patching after every update or installation

it would just need a argument like hdenabler -w 1 -p LVDS. or any other way you get the idea.

If flash video is black disable graphics acceleration of chrome/chromium.

Thank you for reporting 2bad0 :smoke:
You're saying that our Intel HD Graphics IGPU works even better on 10.8.4? I noticed that every Mountain Lion release makes our IGPU better. I was on 10.8.2 and it worked alright. On 10.8.3 it works much better. On 10.8.4, well we'll wait and see lol.

Unlike Intel, they have stopped improving our 2010 Intel HD Graphics on Windows. Apple on the other hand is still improving and making our IGPU work better on OS X. That's really generous of them. :)

It's somewhat of a conspiracy, but I still think Verteks works for Apple lol.

2bad0

2bad0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Why did i have that exact same thought :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Intel GMA HD, Arrandale, Intel GMA 5700HD

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy