[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

Guys now we have Intel 1st gen working, and for me also other video card could working (ati mobility radeon hd 5650) because is supported. But there is no chance for switch to only ati video card (i haven't option to switch off intel from boot)?

It's possible to make it work on a desktop computer with only a VGA output? (Gigabyte H61M-S1 with Celeron "Arrandale")

And in a laptop, is possible to get VGA or HDMI output?

The desktop computer should automatically use the VGA port when you turn it on. This also applies to laptops as well if you connect a VGA monitor before you turn it on. Not sure if Celeron processors are supported. Let me know if they are so I can add it to the list of compatible processors.

Guys now we have Intel 1st gen working, and for me also other video card could working (ati mobility radeon hd 5650) because is supported. But there is no chance for switch to only ati video card (i haven't option to switch off intel from boot)?

Somebody here in the forums suggested to play around with the OS-Info values. These values could activate the VGA and HDMI ports but it would take a long time. Its worth a try to see all possible combinations.

The only way that it could be supported is if your BIOS allowed you to switch to a dedicated card. I've seen people in this forum who have Intel HD Graphics but are able to disable the IGPU and boot using the ATI card. Maybe there are BIOS hacks for your computer?

I'm not sure if its me but I think games run better on OS X than on Windows. I played Minecraft and Amnesia - The Dark Descent because they are less than 1GB to download and on OS X it runs very nice. Running the same games on Windows is more choppy.

Internal LVDS is working perfectly!! Thank you!! VGA only outputs to 1024x768. Could anyone recommend a fix for this? This would be a perfect if I could get the VGA functioning correctly as I use this old laptop as a media center. Thanks for all of the work... never thought I would have gotten it this close!!

Hi!

I've installed ML 10.8.3 using pandora box to my Toshiba Portege R705 laptop with i3 350m and intel hd graphics.

I've deleted all intel hd graphics kexts but after reboot I still have shadows and animations. GraphicsEnabler=Yes

When I try to load with attached kexts in first post the AppleIntelHD.kext is not loading and I have distortions on screen. Without graphics kexts I have 1280x800 resolution. But my laptop display resolution is 1366x768.

Error when loading patched kext is: IOGraphicsFamily not found. Failed to resolve dependencies.

I have tried to delete AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and install some frame buffer kexts from first post but there was no visible changes - all boots with 1280x800. Display identified as external standard display.

Also there is some artifacts while animations.

Graphics card is identified as IntelHD2000 64mb. With natit as IntelHD 128mb. Tried macBookPro 6.2 smbios, now using 8.1 smbios. No changes.

Please help me to find some way to enable graphics with native res. Thanks for your time.

Here is error while loading HdGraphics kext:

post-887143-0-87178200-1367236078_thumb.jpg

Hi!

I've installed ML 10.8.3 using pandora box to my Toshiba Portege R705 laptop with i3 350m and intel hd graphics.

I've deleted all intel hd graphics kexts but after reboot I still have shadows and animations. GraphicsEnabler=Yes

When I try to load with attached kexts in first post the AppleIntelHD.kext is not loading and I have distortions on screen. Without graphics kexts I have 1280x800 resolution. But my laptop display resolution is 1366x768.

Error when loading patched kext is: IOGraphicsFamily not found. Failed to resolve dependencies.

I have tried to delete AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and install some frame buffer kexts from first post but there was no visible changes - all boots with 1280x800. Display identified as external standard display.

Graphics card is identified as IntelHD2000 64mb. With natit as IntelHD 128mb. Tried macBookPro 6.2 smbios, now using 8.1 smbios. No changes.

Please help me to find some way to enable graphics with native res. Thanks for your time.

There is something wrong with your Pandora installation. How can you not have IOGraphicsFamily? Maybe you should create a new installer without Pandora. Maybe try myHack or something. Make a USB installer not DVD. It's the best way to avoid errors like that.

There is something wrong with your Pandora installation. How can you not have IOGraphicsFamily? Maybe you should create a new installer without Pandora. Maybe try myHack or something. Make a USB installer not DVD. It's the best way to avoid errors like that.

There is IOGraphicsFamily kext in S/L/E i've checked this. checked permissions. I can't understand why it can't be found when loading AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext. I tried ignoreKernelCache yes/no but still no luck. Also I've installed this system from usb.

• Like 1

There is IOGraphicsFamily kext in S/L/E i've checked this. checked permissions. I can't understand why it can't be found when loading AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext. I tried ignoreKernelCache yes/no but still no luck. Also I've installed this system from usb.

You might have a corrupted IOGraphicsFamily kext. Problem is who knows if the other kexts are corrupted too which is going to be real hard to fix and might prevent you from enabling QE/CI.

Hacks (Optional)

:excl: I'm assuming that you already patched your DSDT with the DTGP method. If you don't know how to do that, the InsanelyMac community is filled with information about DSDT patching. Proceed at your own risk.

1. DSDT (Differentiated System Description Table)

*GFX0 Section in DSDT

I followed this topic to hack DSDT, but my dsdt have already existed _DSM method, and I don't know how to add more code in DSM method. This is my dsdt, please help me (I want to rid of Nati.kext :( )

DSDT: http://www.mediafire.com/?y7gtu77e4td4bal

Did you add that DSM method in GFX0 or was it already there when you extracted it from your computer? If it was already there, then its strange since DSM is usually not used for Windows.

How about deleting everything in that DSM method and then follow the instructions in my GFX0 hacks section? It wouldn't harm your computer if the DSDT is faulty. In case you can't boot normally, in Chameleon type "-x" and "DSDT=No". You will boot into safe mode and your DSDT will not load.

Thanks, I don't add any method to GFX0, DSM method was already there when I extracted DSDT from my computer. I'll try to deleting everything and then follow the instructions in GFX0 hack. Please wait

I tried:

step 1: remove Nati.kext

step 2: + add hack code to the last DSM method => NOT WORK

+ Remove all code in DSM method, then add only hack code to DSM method => NOT WORK

:(

I'm not sure why there is already a DSM method to be honest. I recommend asking your question in the DSDT sections of the forum. Maybe someone else has had this problem and maybe you can find out how to add extra code into the existing DSM method.

Also, any reports on VGA support? Has anybody tried connecting an external monitor to see if its detected? I am able to activate the VGA but its useless since it only mirrors what I have on my desktop. It does not extend the desktop.

You might have a corrupted IOGraphicsFamily kext. Problem is who knows if the other kexts are corrupted too which is going to be real hard to fix and might prevent you from enabling QE/CI.

I've made a clean install of 10.8.3 using myHack. Now hdGraphics.kext is loading ok.

But I can't find framebuffer that works.

I've made a lot of reboots with different combinations of kexts and framebuffers. I've managed to boot only with grey screen, all other are stuck after dsmos has arrived.

Through VNC i saw "no display detected" in about Mac/displays while boot with grey screen.

I got data from edid and intel_reg_dumper under Linux.

Edid call is failed. Seems there's no edid for my panel. Panel is lvds x1 width. I patched framebuffer but got grey screen(no network was available to VNC). Also tried to alter values to 0 in info.plist of patched framebuffer - stuck at load.

I have no ideas what to do next.

I tried native kexts with all framebuffers, 2bad0's package, natit/no-natit/natit-w-only-os-info. Almost all stuck, others got grey screen.

I've made a clean install of 10.8.3 using myHack. Now hdGraphics.kext is loading ok.

But I can't find framebuffer that works.

I've made a lot of reboots with different combinations of kexts and framebuffers. I've managed to boot only with grey screen, all other are stuck after dsmos has arrived.

Through VNC i saw "no display detected" in about Mac/displays while boot with grey screen.

I got data from edid and intel_reg_dumper under Linux.

Edid call is failed. Seems there's no edid for my panel. Panel is lvds x1 width. I patched framebuffer but got grey screen(no network was available to VNC). Also tried to alter values to 0 in info.plist of patched framebuffer - stuck at load.

I have no ideas what to do next.

I tried native kexts with all framebuffers, 2bad0's package, natit/no-natit/natit-w-only-os-info. Almost all stuck, others got grey screen.

Check if your computer is using the LVDS connection for the internal monitor. If its using eDP, then enabling Core Image is your only option at the moment.

Check if your computer is using the LVDS connection for the internal monitor. If its using eDP, then enabling Core Image is your only option at the moment.

I've checked this. As said in buffer patcher instructions I got info from Linux. Panel is LVDS and x1 width as I mentioned ?

I installed clover and now there is no grey screen anymore. But hd and fb kexts still not loaded in report/extensions. And no visible changes. display is detected as external. I tried to inject custom edid but can't find it in ioreg neither any proof that it was successful. By the way now there is two graphics cards in report/graphics. New one is with device Id 0x2d10. Mine is 0x0046.

I don't know is there any chance to got proper resolution.

And thanks for your help GhostRaider

Hi!

You said it is recognized as hd2000 be certain which it is because this thread is for intel hd1000 series aka gma5700

I would also recommend you disabling all boot-loader gfx options and be certain that your Natit kext has an osinfo value.Without the osinfo value it is quite useless.

You said it is recognized as hd2000 be certain which it is because this thread is for intel hd1000 series aka gma5700

I would also recommend you disabling all boot-loader gfx options and be certain that your Natit kext has an osinfo value.Without the osinfo value it is quite useless.

My graphics is gma5700. It was identified as hd2000 before I deleted intelhd2000 kexts.

Currently there is only intelsnb*.kexts and intelframebufferkapri from native ones related to grsphics, didn't know if i needed to delete them.

Without natit it is identified as unknown graphics. With natit as 'intel hd'.

How can I check if os-info from natit is the right one for my graphics?

First of all, great thread and many thanks to GhostRaider!

I have a working 1st Gen IntelHD QE/CI Full resolution (core i3 370M). I was wondering whether I can get the memory usage of my IntelHD to show up iStat. Currently, it shows unknown.

Can something be done about this?? A little pointing in the right direction would help a lot.

Thanks again for this wonderful piece of work!

• Like 1

My graphics is gma5700. It was identified as hd2000 before I deleted intelhd2000 kexts.

Currently there is only intelsnb*.kexts and intelframebufferkapri from native ones related to grsphics, didn't know if i needed to delete them.

Without natit it is identified as unknown graphics. With natit as 'intel hd'.

How can I check if os-info from natit is the right one for my graphics?

Ive' attached my current working kexts......use the natit from it.

Archive.zip

Ive' attached my current working kexts......use the natit from it.

With your natit:

-got grey screen using all your kexts from archive zip

-got grey screen with first post kexts + SL+VGA framebuffer

-stuck at dsmos using first post kexts + alt framebuffers

-got grey screen using first post kexts + framebuffer by patcher: SL, SL+VGA

Panel is single link x1 lvds from intel reg dumper

Grey screen with VNC: "no display found" in about Mac/displays.

I think I need to inject edid somehow.

Maybe with empty edid there is no chance to use patched framebuffer.

I've tried display override and it shows up overrided by vendor&product I'd without graphics kexts as external. Smbios is 8.1 tried 6.2 same results.

Clover doesn't inject custom edid I don't know why. Maybe with dsdt I can insert edid?

Maybe the solution for overheating stays in AppleGraphicsPowerManagement. In some ways, our card stays always at full load (and maybe staying at full load the card produces the weird sound). I think so because my GTX 580 without AGPM stays after a benchmark on 51°C and remains so even when I don't do anything.