[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

Use the suggested method that GhostRider gave me in the last pages, with Pandors's Box...

Thanks TheOpSis. I will try with Pandora's Box. But bear in mind that I am currently running macOS Sierra on VM on Windows 10.

The commands given above with single user mode, do I enter them before getting into the installer?

Also, I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but I am currently trying to install sierra on the second partition of the SSD.

You'll just have to make a bootable USB with Sierra, via Pandora's Box and then you will be able to delete the Intel Graphics kext from the USB, via Finder, so you can get to the install screen. After the install is complete, you'll have to delete the kexts again, from your SSD, via single user mode.

On a second partition of the SSD, on which you already have another OS?

You'll just have to make a bootable USB with Sierra, via Pandora's Box and then you will be able to delete the Intel Graphics kext from the USB, via Finder, so you can get to the install screen. After the install is complete, you'll have to delete the kexts again, from your SSD, via single user mode.

I think it is easiest to remove the kexts on the freshly install os by rebooting back in to the installer and using terminal with these commands

diskutil list

pick your install disk device identifier here diskXsX change the Xs to match your disk e.g.. disk0s1

mount -uw /dev/diskXsX

cd /S*/L*/Extensions

mkdir intel_back

mv AppleIntelHDGraphics* intel_back

then you need to touch and reboot

touch ../Extensions

reboot

Any solution for brightness slider in display settings is working in reverse direction

Increase the slider decreases the brightness and vice versa

Intel Hd 1st gen QE/CI enabled

But

It was working fine on Yosemite

My DSDT is patched

This issue occurs only on el capitan and sierra

ACPIBacklight.kext has been broke since 10.11 it can no longer reach the dsdt methods needed for working backlight brightness a new method is now required and in fact a better method search around for Rehabman's IntelBacklight.kext and install it still needs your brightness dsdt fixes but now they are far less work to achieve mainly just adding device PNLF to the dsdt or a new ssdt will work

Which battery dsdt patch r u using can u share it

use ACPIBatteryManger.kext from Rehabman it worked great for me

Ah I see. I will try this over the weekend! Hopefully it will do the trick, I've spent over a month on this and still not successful!

Yep, ideally I would like to have Windows 10 on my primary partition and Sierra on secondary partition on the same SSD. Is that possible?

I'm thinking it is if I have a USB pen drive in the laptop at all times and always boot by USB.

So I've just used Pandora's Box to create the Sierra Installer USB. It's created the USB, !75 when I open up and go to System folder and then Library folder, there's no 'Extensions' folder! This is the same issue I ran into when trying with Clover!

I haven't installed Clover yet onto the USB.

Do you know what the issue could be?

So I've just used Pandora's Box to create the Sierra Installer USB. It's created the USB, !75 when I open up and go to System folder and then Library folder, there's no 'Extensions' folder! This is the same issue I ran into when trying with Clover!

I so prefer making the installer usb the manual way by secondary clicking on the installer app in applications folder and showing package contents

then mount the installESD.dmg then use a show all files app to unhide everything then mount the BaseSystem.dmg must secondary click to do so 

then open disk utility and selecting the BaseSystem and hitting the restore option and then seleting your usb as the destination. once its finished it will rename your usb to the same as the BaseSystem.dmg. Then open the installESD.dmg and copy the packages folder then on the installer usb open /System/Installation and delete the packages link and paste the packages copy from previous step. Then go back to the installESD.dmg and copy the base system.dmg and the Basesystem.chunklist and paste them to the root of your installer drive  once all thats done install a bootloader targeting your usb drive and then remove whatever files you need to from /S*/L*/E of the installer if using clover then configure clover to needed settings then boot the pc with it

hello i am using h55 motherboard (desktop) with core i3 350 m processor. i cant install AppleIntelHDGraphicsfb.kext if i do. then booting goes freeze at apple logo and progress bar. its desktop. so please help i need to enable qe and ci for my desktop. 

hello i am using h55 motherboard (desktop) with core i3 350 m processor. i cant install AppleIntelHDGraphicsfb.kext if i do. then booting goes freeze at apple logo and progress bar. its desktop. so please help i need to enable qe and ci for my desktop.

Get an Nvidia graphics card pciexpress.

Enviado desde mi Aquaris M5.5 mediante Tapatalk

Just make sure you choose the right method when you create the USB with Pandora's Box, there are two of them, but only in one of the methods you can access S/L/E.

About the dual boot, you have to first install macOS and then Windows, check the documentation about dual boot with these two OS's.

After installation did you deleted the graphics kexts again?

If not, boot into single user mode and type:

mount -uw /

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*

After that try to boot again into macOS.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Confirmed working on Acer Aspire 4738-7664

Intel Core i3 M 370 2.4GHz

4GB RAM DDR3 1066MHz

Currently rocking 10.12.3 updated with Mac App Store like a real Mac

Which framebuffer did you use? Can you give config.plist?

Hello everyone,

My species:

Acer Aspire 5742

Core-i3-370M

Installed macOS Sierra(10.12.3)

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0046

Revision ID: 0x0002

SMBIOS 6,1

I tryed everything (Intel graphics patch 10.12.3, Legacy-macOS, Normal-Alternative-Alternative-2, LW1-LW1) but everytime only scrambled screen.

In config.plist only Patch vBios is enabled.

Also tryed with Natit.kext but not succesfully.

Always scrambled screen.

Display don't show mac book pro, it shows apple screen 22 inch, why?

I patched dsdt.aml

What I need to do?

Please help!

Hey guys! I'd appreciate your help with an issue I've been having:

After installing QE/CI kexts with Natit and getting everything working properly (full res + can watch HD videos on youtube) I'm getting some weird graphical glitches in apps like chrome (only some websites) and Spotify.

Has this happened to anyone / Does anyone know how to fix this?

Info:

Acer Inspire 5742

i5 480M

OSX 10.10.1 Yosemite

Framebuffer: Normal LW1

post-934313-0-79015000-1489689860_thumb.png

post-934313-0-71073200-1489689871_thumb.png

Hey guys! I'd appreciate your help with an issue I've been having:

After installing QE/CI kexts with Natit and getting everything working properly (full res + can watch HD videos on youtube) I'm getting some weird graphical glitches in apps like chrome (only some websites) and Spotify.

Has this happened to anyone / Does anyone know how to fix this?

Info:

Acer Inspire 5742

i5 480M

OSX 10.10.1 Yosemite

Framebuffer: Normal LW1

Can you post your config.plist?

• 2 weeks later...

I've a Dell e5410 i5 560m, I've tried all the solution in this guide but now the notebook show full resolution 1440x900, no artefacts and no glitch, the only problem is that there's no Graphic's acceleration and a Mac without  QE/CI is not a great experience!

Any solution?

Dell e5410  i5 560M 4GB ram  Monitor 1440x900 HD Graphics 40 Hz

Yosemite 10.10 SMBIOS MacBookPro6,2

post-1872097-0-45229600-1491130272_thumb.jpg

post-1872097-0-14317900-1491130434_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've a Dell e5410 i5 560m, I've tried all the solution in this guide but now the notebook show full resolution 1440x900, no artefacts and no glitch, the only problem is that there's no Graphic's acceleration and a Mac without  QE/CI is not a great experience!

Any solution?

Dell e5410  i5 560M 4GB ram  Monitor 1440x900 HD Graphics 40 Hz

Yosemite 10.10 SMBIOS MacBookPro6,2

Who can help me, please? I tried everything, but without result. I have a sony vaio vpceb4b4e with intel i5-480m. Please, help me!

I believe both of your computers are not supported by the framebuffer. Sony computers never worked. Dells, only a few. It has something to do with how the display is connected, most likely eDP. 

I've now successfully installed Mavericks with CI because if I read the guide, the only s.o. that can support CI for eDp connector end up to 10.9.5.
I've actually partial acceleration with full resolution and I sure know that this is the best for my kind of Dell, Better than nothing!

P.s. Thanks for reply Ghost rider and if I can, just one point to modify in your guide:

For enter sudo intel_reg_dumper you have to use actually Linux Ubuntu based distribution 12.04 or below, with updates Linux distros intel_reg_dumper tool don't work, so in live there's no possibility to launch the command.Bye

post-1872097-0-77074600-1492015098_thumb.jpg