• Please log in to reply
1193 replies to this topic

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

There's also another thing I want to point out about display ports. I have played around with  AAPL, os-info and this is what I came up with:

"AAPL,os-info", 
Buffer (0x14)
{
0x30, 0x49, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}, 

0x30, 0x49, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

There are a total of 20 bytes. The highlited blue hex codes cannot be changed. If you change them you will not be able to boot. As you noticed, everything else is 0x00. However the 5th byte in red is interesting.

I tested out some values and I can say that the 5th byte controls internal LCD and VGA. It can maybe enable other stuff but its unknown. 

If you change the 0x00 byte to 0x01, it enables internal LCD.

If you change the 0x00 byte to 0x04, it enables VGA display.

In other words, you cannot enable both, as far as I know unless someone here wants to play around with this code.

A normal os-info code looks like this:

"AAPL,os-info", 
Buffer (0x14)
{
0x30, 0x49, 0x01, 0x11, 0x01, 0x10, 0x08, 0x00, 
0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF
}, 

0x30, 0x49, 0x01, 0x11, 0x01, 0x10, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF

From what I see, the green values don't do anything for our IGPU. Only the blue and red bytes are important.

Im also wondering if eDP users can enable their VGA port by changing their os-info code. Anybody want to try?

This clean os-info code enables internal LCD:

"AAPL,os-info", 
Buffer (0x14)
{
0x30, 0x49, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}, 

This clean os-info code enables external VGA port:

"AAPL,os-info", 
Buffer (0x14)
{
0x30, 0x49, 0x00, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}, 

what were results for this ? eDP MPB6,2  user here has worked Ci only with no dsdt in 10.9.4 and after update i cant find the working Ci method..

i have EDID in the Display folder Forced.

still only get backlight black screen internal dell E6410. 10.9.5 wil try this ^

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Do not update to 10.10.2 , they did something to the kexts and the patcher fails. What worked is 10.10 in the patch.  I've read all day to compile a proper dsdt and I patched it correctly after reading tons of tutorials. It has Zero Errors now. I edited the patch for the HD Graphics and even did everything to the tee. The patched kexts in the Insanelymac downloads for 10.10.2 do not work. I've tried every single one. Alternate kexts, freeze at white screen. Alternate 2 kexts, freezes at verbose screen, and normal just somehow boots on by and ignores the whole kext altogether. They must of patched something in 10.10.2. Has anyone else had any success in getting this to work with 10.10.2?

So what kext version enables QE/CI on your laptop? I always test the kexts before releasing them and they work fine. Computer boots up with QE/CI enabled using patched 10.10.2 kexts. Not sure what's the problem. However I have OS-info on my DSDT. Without this my computer cannot boot. Unless that is what you need now.

what were results for this ? eDP MPB6,2  user here has worked Ci only with no dsdt in 10.9.4 and after update i cant find the working Ci method..

i have EDID in the Display folder Forced.

still only get backlight black screen internal dell E6410. 10.9.5 wil try this ^

Well I abandoned the idea since its buggy. Basically the idea was that eDP users who have an external VGA display may be able to use their laptop with QE/CI. The problem is that you will disable your internal display. So for example in your DSDT you would inject an OS-info code with a certain value that enables VGA output. After that you would install a framebuffer, i.e Alternate SingleLink LW1 (assuming that your external vga display outputs a resolution at 1366x768 or lower). After that you would reboot and still have your internal LCD on. When the computer is booting, you would connect the VGA cable to the external display and once the framebuffer is loaded, OS X disables the internal display and outputs to the vga monitor. Whether it works now or not is up to someone to test it out.

rizki_alkaf

rizki_alkaf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Whats your cpu, smbios, and what settings in detail did you use in the patcher??

Intel Core i3-380UM 1.33GHz, SMBIOS MBP 6,1, patched kext on the fly with clover: single link, LVDS+VGA, LW4

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

So what kext version enables QE/CI on your laptop? I always test the kexts before releasing them and they work fine. Computer boots up with QE/CI enabled using patched 10.10.2 kexts. Not sure what's the problem. However I have OS-info on my DSDT. Without this my computer cannot boot. Unless that is what you need now.

Well I abandoned the idea since its buggy. Basically the idea was that eDP users who have an external VGA display may be able to use their laptop with QE/CI. The problem is that you will disable your internal display. So for example in your DSDT you would inject an OS-info code with a certain value that enables VGA output. After that you would install a framebuffer, i.e Alternate SingleLink LW1 (assuming that your external vga display outputs a resolution at 1366x768 or lower). After that you would reboot and still have your internal LCD on. When the computer is booting, you would connect the VGA cable to the external display and once the framebuffer is loaded, OS X disables the internal display and outputs to the vga monitor. Whether it works now or not is up to someone to test it out.

well idea can still work. i saw in my dsdt of E6410 a _DSM from factory..  it injects special properties if the external port is enabled.. hmmmmm

btw i did the 04 and got no internal LCD.. so it does work i think .. stil checking

now i just need to make the original DSM inject 04 instead of 01 for internal/external  and test. ( once i got internal workign better. CI.

seems with FB it doesnt show graphics ..  black screen. (needs LCD DP LW x1 single link patch ? )

without it it works with the basic driver.. 

elio935

elio935

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Hi, i've an asus x52ju with intel core i5 480m... And i want to know how to make my vga works... I've an ati radeon 6370m but for this gpu there isn't  any way to make it works with yosemite... So i want to know how to make work the integrated intel graphics with yosemite 10.10.2

thanks in andvance and sorry for my bad english!:S

rizki_alkaf

rizki_alkaf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Edit: sorry, wrong post

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

well idea can still work. i saw in my dsdt of E6410 a _DSM from factory..  it injects special properties if the external port is enabled.. hmmmmm

btw i did the 04 and got no internal LCD.. so it does work i think .. stil checking

now i just need to make the original DSM inject 04 instead of 01 for internal/external  and test. ( once i got internal workign better. CI.

seems with FB it doesnt show graphics ..  black screen. (needs LCD DP LW x1 single link patch ? )

without it it works with the basic driver.. 

No you need LCD+VGA SingleLink LW1 framebuffer. You have to connect the external display when you see the Apple Logo when booting on your internal LCD. At one point the internal LCD will turn off and you should see the external monitor turn on and show the desktop. That's as much as I can remember on how I got it to work. 

datasone

datasone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi,

I use clover on-the-fly patch to patch AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext,and it works perfectly on Yosemite.But when I want to boot the Yosemite Installer,the patch won't work.I only get a black screen same as when the kext isn't patched.So I turn on the debug switch in "Kernel And Kext Patches",when I boot into Yosemite,I can see the message that AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext is being patched,but when I boot into the Installer,there is no message like that.Is there anyway to patch this kext for Installer?

Sorry for my bad English and thanks :)

alexanderq

alexanderq

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

You are facing that problem because AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext is not loaded in kernelcache so there is another way to load that and then patch it, read here

http://clover-wiki.z...orceKextsToLoad

and please report if it is working.

datasone

datasone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

You are facing that problem because AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext is not loaded in kernelcache so there is another way to load that and then patch it, read here

http://clover-wiki.z...orceKextsToLoad

and please report if it is working.

I tried to add this part

<key>ForceKextsToLoad</key>

<array>

<string>/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext</string>

<string>/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext</string>

</array>

to config.plist but that kext still can't be patched,here is my config.plist

Attached File  config.plist.zip   1.77KB   7 downloads

Rafeh

Rafeh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi, Can anyone patch the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext . here are my dsdt.aml , intel reg dump and ioreg. Running Mavericks 10.9.0
Attached File  IOregall.zip   311.45KB   4 downloads
Attached File  intel reg dump.zip   2.49KB   3 downloads
Attached File  DSDT.aml.zip   14.44KB   5 downloads

Guiltys33d

Guiltys33d

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

GhostRaider (i Respect you boss)

So there is no hope for Dell e6410 users with:

Intel® CoreTM i5-520M (2.4GHz, 3M cache)

Mobile Intel® QM57 Express Chipset

Intel® HD Graphics

eDP internal Display.

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

GhostRaider (i Respect you boss)

So there is no hope for Dell e6410 users with:

Intel® CoreTM i5-520M (2.4GHz, 3M cache)

Mobile Intel® QM57 Express Chipset

Intel® HD Graphics

eDP internal Display.

If it does indeed have an eDP display, then you can't enable the internal LCD with QE/CI since the framebuffer isn't coded for eDP displays. Now, if this computer does have a VGA port, then you may be able to use an external VGA monitor with QE/CI. The problem is that its very experimental. I tested this once before on my hackintosh and while it kind of works, the resolution either works or not which is why I abandoned it. I may look into this again in the future.

Duggglas

Duggglas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Спасибо, это сработало.
Так же можно просто развернуть образ установленной системы 10.9\10.10 далее загрузиться с-х и далее идти по этому руководству: удалить кексты, перестроить, перегрузить, установить, перестроить, перегрузить. ФБ кекст дольше подбирать, если ничего не видно, или полосатый яркий экран, опять с-х загрузка, и иснова подбираем ФБ кекст, как сказано в этом руководстве.
Это работает для первого поколения встроенной графики интел на  HP 6450b

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Intel GMA HD, Arrandale, Intel GMA 5700HD

8 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy