[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

[ASK] 

I have installed Yosemite 10.10.5 on my Compaq CQ41-210TU, VGA out works well at 1680x1050@75 (VGA only patch, Single Link, Normal, LW2). Use LVDS+VGA, Single Link, Normal, LW1 to mirror Built-in display to VGA out, but VGA out cropped to 1024x768 (built-in display is 1280x800). So I prefer to use VGA only.

I am using Clover bootloader, because chameleon can't display VGA only.

So, the problem is, how to get Native Power Management? when I follow the instruction on the first page, kernel panic always appeared after 2 or 3 minutes after booting.

PS: I plug "HDMI to VGA+Audio converter" to HDMI port to make bios displayed on VGA External Display,... the converter itself not connected to any display. But it can stream audio if I don't use intel hd kext. and sorry if my english sucks T_T

Can giofrida or ghostraider post El Capitan patches for clover? I have upgraded to El Cap and os x crashes and reboots with the yosemite patches so I am using the old frame buffer instead. I need Dual link and LCD patch along with the general patch.

Much thanks

Can giofrida or ghostraider post El Capitan patches for clover? I have upgraded to El Cap and os x crashes and reboots with the yosemite patches so I am using the old frame buffer instead. I need Dual link and LCD patch along with the general patch.

Much thanks

How to upgrade it? did you just install El Capitan from AppStore or made usb installer first?

[ASK] 

I have installed Yosemite 10.10.5 on my Compaq CQ41-210TU, VGA out works well at 1680x1050@75 (VGA only patch, Single Link, Normal, LW2). Use LVDS+VGA, Single Link, Normal, LW1 to mirror Built-in display to VGA out, but VGA out cropped to 1024x768 (built-in display is 1280x800). So I prefer to use VGA only.

I am using Clover bootloader, because chameleon can't display VGA only.

So, the problem is, how to get Native Power Management? when I follow the instruction on the first page, kernel panic always appeared after 2 or 3 minutes after booting.

PS: I plug "HDMI to VGA+Audio converter" to HDMI port to make bios displayed on VGA External Display,... the converter itself not connected to any display. But it can stream audio if I don't use intel hd kext. and sorry if my english sucks T_T

Hm,... I didn't use AppleHPET.kext before, because it makes my USB port not work if I use clover. Now Power Management work well when I installed AppleHPET.kext,... But now, I must use Chameleon to get USB working. Did someone knows how to fix USB not work on clover when AppleHPET.kext installed?

Hm,... I didn't use AppleHPET.kext before, because it makes my USB port not work if I use clover. Now Power Management work well when I installed AppleHPET.kext,... But now, I must use Chameleon to get USB working. Did someone knows how to fix USB not work on clover when AppleHPET.kext installed?

Patch HPET to your DSDT

I don't know what I've done  :D but now USB is working again,...

- No AppleHPET on /S/L/E/
- AppleHPET + Disabler on /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/
- AppleHPET on /Extra/Extensions
- Fix HPET from Rehabman DSDT Patch

Must use -f on Chameleon to get USB work
Must use Kernel Cache on Clover to get USB work

I don't know which of those action that makes my USB works  :D

How to upgrade it? did you just install El Capitan from AppStore or made usb installer first?

I made a usb and ran the installer over my existing install. It took a while but eventually did finish. The updated os would crash as soon as the frame buffer loaded. So I boot back to the usb removed the frame buffer kext from El Capitan install. Boot into the new install and installed the yosemite frame buffer. Its working fine since. But I don't want go through this hassle everytime I update to a 10.11.x incremental update.

Can someone please help me?

Dell Studio 1749 laptop with

Intel Arrandale i5 430m Processor

4gb of RAM

Samsung EVO SSD 120GB

This is my first hackintosh. I have tried many of the guides on this website and others for clover, and all have failed. Most of the failures are a grey screen that flashes after booting the os x installer and then the computer reboots. With this guide and some others, however, I get a circle with a line before it gets past the black screen with apple logo and progress bar. Does anyone know why either of these happen and/or how to fix it?

Just tried new EI Captain ##### method and had same problem of circle with line (prohibited symbol)

I don't like going off topic here but you get this error because your USB ports fail to get detected when booting El Capitan. If I'm correct, the error that appears before the prohibited sign says "Still waiting for root device". If you are booting through a USB drive, it won't read the USB anymore because the USB ports don't work.

So what exactly is the solution?

I don't really know since there is no patch for USBs in El Capitan. You could try to change the SMBIOS in the clover.plist file to another MacBook Pro model like MacBookPro 3,1 or something to see if the USB ports get mapped to your computer. You would have to try all USB ports to see if any of them get detected. 

Hello ! After install kext intel hd gen 1 - 10.11 my screen like this, please help !!

My spec : asus a42jc vx059

-Legacy bios.

-GPT UEFI.

The framebuffer did not load in the 1st screenshot. Did Yosemite give you QE/CI?

Make sure you install the kexts correctly.

The framebuffer did not load in the 1st screenshot. Did Yosemite give you QE/CI?

Make sure you install the kexts correctly.

Yes, work full QE/CI with Yosemite, but I lost that kext after convert hard disk to GPT to use clover bootloader, too bad =.,=. Before Im using Chameleon bootloader, but I wanna change to GPT now. Have you had that kext work with 10.11 ?

Yes, work full QE/CI with Yosemite, but I lost that kext after convert hard disk to GPT to use clover bootloader, too bad =.,=. Before Im using Chameleon bootloader, but I wanna change to GPT now. Have you had that kext work with 10.11 ?

There's no need to use an older kext when the new one are working fine. Did you try the alternate framebuffers?

There's no need to use an older kext when the new one are working fine. Did you try the alternate framebuffers?

Yes, I tried some, but same result, what can I do now ?

PS: My kext wizard not show up the name of target disk, after some Excute, it's show up Item 2, Item 3, when I chose one of them, no execute can work !

Why not use kext utility?

But everytime I remove a kext, so how can I rebuild cache ? I'm using clover, and just can use kext wizard 1 time only, then the choosing option automaticaly transforme with name "Item", and can not use any more ?

OK. I got El Capitan working on my HP 630, but Clover on-the-fly patch doesn't (one of the patches fail in debug mode) and ACPIBacklight.kext also doesn't work. I got the slider in display preferences but doesn't control it. Also PC wakes up from sleep instantly and screen doesn't turn on.

But everytime I remove a kext, so how can I rebuild cache ? I'm using clover, and just can use kext wizard 1 time only, then the choosing option automaticaly transforme with name "Item", and can not use any more ?

Kext Utility rebuilds cache and repair permisions automatically when you open it. Just delete the kext, open Kext Utility and put password when asked.

@ GhostRaider

thank you very much for your hard work  :thumbsup_anim: 

i get full QE/CI on my ASPIRE 5733 with your's kexts 10.10.

and Credit to CHRIS111 for Chris's Clover 2.3K Special Edition Installer :wink_anim:  :wink_anim:  :thumbsup_anim: 

all is working like a charm  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim: 

arcade33 tester Chris's H.M.F. Forum 

have fun good hack 

el11.jpg