[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

not with chameleon. the checkmark is not marked also. you mean i may need to do it to work with clover, even if works without it with chameleon? im not sure if i get it right.

to get it to work, i simply get the fb, patch it and install it. that works with chameleon. with clover no gui without inject intel, gui distorced injecting, and using the on the fly black screen. 

my fb is patched normal, singlelink.

perhaps i can show you my config.plist with on the fly and without for you to see if i am making some mistake.

Okay, well the only thing left to try is uncheck PatchVBIOS. I opened your config.plist file and this is enabled. So delete it or uncheck it and inject Intel again since you say you can't boot without it.

• Like 1

Okay, well the only thing left to try is uncheck PatchVBIOS. I opened your config.plist file and this is enabled. So delete it or uncheck it and inject Intel again since you say you can't boot without it.

cool! ill give it a try.

EDIT: no luck :(

So what actually happens? It just never loads or freezes or what?

with the patched fb it never gets to the gui, unless i inject intel. but injecting intel gives me a totally scramble screen. when using on the fly with original 10.11 or 10.10 fb kext, without inject intel no gui, injecting black screen.

same thing in yoses.

with the patched fb it never gets to the gui, unless i inject intel. but injecting intel gives me a totally scramble screen. when using on the fly with original 10.11 or 10.10 fb kext, without inject intel no gui, injecting black screen.

same thing in yoses.

I'm not really understanding what Inject intel actually does. As far as I know it only works for HD3000 or higher with ig-platform-id. I'm using Clover with patched kexts in S/L/E and I also have OS-Info on the DSDT. The only thing I have checked is patchVBIOS and that's it. Maybe your computer works differently for some reason. I guess as a last resort you can try to patch your DSDT even though Chameleon doesn't need this.Strange problem.

I'm not really understanding what Inject intel actually does. As far as I know it only works for HD3000 or higher with ig-platform-id. I'm using Clover with patched kexts in S/L/E and I also have OS-Info on the DSDT. The only thing I have checked is patchVBIOS and that's it. Maybe your computer works differently for some reason. I guess as a last resort you can try to patch your DSDT even though Chameleon doesn't need this.Strange problem.

how can i patch it for this? can you take a look to see if you manage it? perhaps it will be my last try before chameleon for el capn

sorry, no need, i already did the edit on the dsdt. thanks.

UHA! natit.kext did the trick.

EDIT with the dsdt edit natit is no longer needed.

DSDT.rar

post-564601-0-11822400-1434063106_thumb.png

That is correct. and well just set a default directory of your dsdt in your chameleon boot.plist file. Then whenever you want to boot different dsdts just type the flag dsdt=/extra/nameofdsdt.aml in the chameleon boot screen. It will then override the default dsdt.

Okay thanks and is performance supposed to be a little low? I have full QE/CI but it seems a bit laggy and even games like Asphalt 6 from the app store are very laggy. I tried running Minecraft too and it was also very laggy. I was only getting 5-10 FPS on all low settings. On Windows, I was able to run Asphalt 8 perfectly without any lag and was getting 60+ FPS on Minecraft. Am I doing something wrong?

Okay thanks and is performance supposed to be a little low? I have full QE/CI but it seems a bit laggy and even games like Asphalt 6 from the app store are very laggy. I tried running Minecraft too and it was also very laggy. I was only getting 5-10 FPS on all low settings. On Windows, I was able to run Asphalt 8 perfectly without any lag and was getting 60+ FPS on Minecraft. Am I doing something wrong?

It's probably the revision of your Intel HD Graphics. As far as I know its not possible to change that on OS X. It's probably being throttled somewhere but I'm not sure what kext is causing it and even then I don't know how to fix it. Some say the culprit is power managment. Some laptops don't suffer from this issue.

how can i patch it for this? can you take a look to see if you manage it? perhaps it will be my last try before chameleon for el capn

sorry, no need, i already did the edit on the dsdt. thanks.

UHA! natit.kext did the trick.

EDIT with the dsdt edit natit is no longer needed.

So it was OS-info haha. How's El Capitan? Does the patcher work on 10.11? Honestly I'm not gonna try the developer previews. Too buggy for daily use. According to Netkas, metal is not supported on 1st gen Intel HD so there won't be any graphical performance improvements. Also, does Maps work?
  • Like 1

So it was OS-info haha. How's El Capitan? Does the patcher work on 10.11? Honestly I'm not gonna try the developer previews. Too buggy for daily use. According to Netkas, metal is not supported on 1st gen Intel HD so there won't be any graphical performance improvements. Also, does Maps work?

the patch fails in one of the patches. but today ill try it mannually on the fly with dsdt and see if it solves. will be nice to be able to update from dp to dp without rollbacks and patching every time. 

about the system it is smooth. very stable and solid for me so far. cool temps and in general quick response.

It's probably the revision of your Intel HD Graphics. As far as I know its not possible to change that on OS X. It's probably being throttled somewhere but I'm not sure what kext is causing it and even then I don't know how to fix it. Some say the culprit is power managment. Some laptops don't suffer from this issue.

So is there any way to fix this? The OS isn't smooth at all. Even when I open things from dock/minimize it, the animations are very choppy. And the laptop fan always stays on (even when laptop is idle). Also another question, how do I get battery percentage working? I have Toshiba L655-S5115.

This IGPU is already 5 years old so i'm not surprised by its performance. Anyways has that string "NSSupportsAutomaticGraphicsSwitching" helped you out in any way or is everything the same?

ihave HW acceleration in Compatibility mode, tested on GLviewer the 2.1 fullscreen test run on 268-269 FPS so HW accel. working. And the system is run smoothly. Just want to know how can i run games with 2.1 compatibility mode.... or its automatic choosen by the system? Anyway... im already happy with it :) ido more learning about OpenGL.

next step to find again the article about how can i fix the black screen after sleep :D aaand 4 example i cant switch to Hardware Renderer in the Cinebench R15 (maybe cant run in compatibility mode... edit: the sys requirments says it can run on OpenGL 2.1 capable cards...) And GPUTest GUI 0.7.0 also cant run even with the triangle 2.1 test mode, just in Software mode.

attachicon.gifKépernyőfotó 2015-06-15 - 1.34.35.pngattachicon.gifKépernyőfotó 2015-06-15 - 1.33.24.png

DVDPlayer Flawlessly working QE/CI also perfect, but something wrong with OpenGL 

This is up to Apple to fix this or the app developer. I believe 2010 MacBook Pros were designed to switched to dedicated graphics automatically if an application requested it. In later versions of OS X, you will see that Apple is using OpenGL 3.0 and this is not supported on 2010 Intel graphics.

post-1540286-0-21821200-1434338631_thumb.pngpost-1540286-0-78152300-1434338653_thumb.pngpost-1540286-0-16232400-1434338675_thumb.png

Now trying Halo 1 lets see what happening, iknow very well, ihad a config with leopard and intel gma 950, and ran like a charm on that old dualcore system. in 2008

EDIT: HALO runs like {censored}!!!!! so something is very bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT2: :D ooops its just the time demo problem,  

THE GAME RUN FLAWLESSLY ON 9XFSAA and all details MAX. with the resolution of 1600x900 so thats all 

Mavericks 10.9.4  (Y)  :thumbsup_anim:  :D:yes:

Hello.

I installed Yosemite 10.10.3 and i have qe/ci working but i cannot get Power Management. I have kernel panics related to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext so i have to use NullCPUPowerManagement in order to boot. Also it doesn't boot without -f. I Think the wrong kexts are in the Kext cache but i tried removing it and rebuilding kext cache and still the same. 

HP 630 Notebook PC

Intel Core I3 370M

Thanks.

just find out that the problem with the patch on el capitan is tha single link patch 1. the others patches normally. if this one gets fixed, el capitan will have full support without rollback.

Hi, i have acer 1830T with yosemite, clover bootloader with on the fly patch for Intel HD. Everything runs very well.

And now i want to try el capitan. But i can't reach the installer with the same clover.

It gives me a symbol after still waiting for root device

Any help?

Hi, i have acer 1830T with yosemite, clover bootloader with on the fly patch for Intel HD. Everything runs very well.

And now i want to try el capitan. But i can't reach the installer with the same clover.

It gives me a symbol after still waiting for root device

Any help?

the on the fly patch will not work. about the swfrd, try initiate the installer from the .app in your applications folder and let the pendrive out. thats how i bypass that.

the on the fly patch will not work. about the swfrd, try initiate the installer from the .app in your applications folder and let the pendrive out. thats how i bypass that.

So, how did you get the intel hd to work?

sorry. there you go: 

attachicon.gifAppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.zip

Here they are

attachicon.gifAppleIntelHDGraphicsF.zip

but unfortunately i cant use them because i have a desktop hdmi connected.

PS:as i see i was very slow

EDIT: I would like someone to upload all El Capitan (10.11) Intel HD Graphics kext for me. Including AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLD, AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA, etc if possible. I believe I have found the problem and will test it on my hackintosh.

• Like 1