• Please log in to reply
983 replies to this topic

bitemeoftn

bitemeoftn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thank you for reporting this issue. The problem was that I forgot to change the plist files for the SingleLink Alternate framebuffers in the 10.9.5 QE/CI package. I have reuploaded the package so it should now be working. 

For those users who are wondering about the QE/CI package for OS X Yosemite Beta 3, Apple did not update the Intel HD Graphics kexts. So if you want QE/CI (full graphics acceleration) on OS X Yosemite Beta 3, just install the kexts from the QE/CI 10.10 B2 package. 

Try the new uploaded QE/CI package for 10.9.5. Maybe it works now. Again, use the SingleLink Alternate LW1 framebuffer.

I downloaded the newly uploaded 10.9.5 kext file and still freezes up at boot with the spinning wheel.  I just can't figure out for the life of me why it works perfectly for 10.9 with the appropriate kext file, but this one doesn't want to work no matter what combination I try with the kext file.  Thank you for all of your hard work!  It really is appreciated :)

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

I downloaded the newly uploaded 10.9.5 kext file and still freezes up at boot with the spinning wheel.  I just can't figure out for the life of me why it works perfectly for 10.9 with the appropriate kext file, but this one doesn't want to work no matter what combination I try with the kext file.  Thank you for all of your hard work!  It really is appreciated :)

Have you tried installing the 10.9 QE/CI kexts you used before on 10.9.5? It should still enable graphics acceleration but you'll be using an older version of the kext. If this doesn't work, then something is wrong with your installation.

AlanHenriquebr

AlanHenriquebr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

GhostRider...

you are the guy !!!

you have my respect !

good tutorial, best explanation!

thanks again ! bye !

bitemeoftn

bitemeoftn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Have you tried installing the 10.9 QE/CI kexts you used before on 10.9.5? It should still enable graphics acceleration but you'll be using an older version of the kext. If this doesn't work, then something is wrong with your installation.

Something must be happening to my installation during upgrade.  I even tried backing up and restoring the mach_kernel and all of my kext files from /System/Library/Extensions and I still get the freezing spinner at boot until I remove AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.  Thank you so much for your time and effort anyway!  Found an accidental bug along the way :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Intel GMA HD, Arrandale, Intel GMA 5700HD

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy