[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

Hi Ghostrider,

I have OSX86 10.8.3 and i follow the guide installation and i used Single AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext but i have olways the screen like on the screen.

Any tips? Thanks in advance.

My PC is a Toshiba

With 0x008086

and 0x000046

Revision 0x0002

post-609385-0-61581300-1364941424_thumb.jpg

Hei sorry for the big delay… but i must report it i was able thanks to you guys to get for the first time Qe & Ci on my Asus N53jl with Optimus and this is really a big step forward, i hope someone get the rig out of making the nvidia card work…

these are the steps i took…

i've installed the ci pack and tested it, and everything was ok

so i tried the qe ci pack with the first framebuffer and then the second one, but i was in a boot loop…

then i've installed natit that helped partially because i got a frozen spinning wheel

so as enjoiner said before editing the plist of the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext was the final solution to boot correctly.

Here there are a couple of screenshots, thx again.2jfzrwm.png

2ppg394.png

• Like 2

Maxniper did you choose the right smbios for your cpu? you should use macbookpro8,1 for i5 and 8.2 for i7...

u can try a couple of things... to set the resolution in boot.chameleon.plist, to use the resolution module with chameleon, and then with all this try a couple of boot loaders... first of all try to update to the latest chameleon via chameleon wizard then if it doesn't work give a chance to chimera or clover

Maxniper did you choose the right smbios for your cpu? you should use macbookpro8,1 for i5 and 8.2 for i7...

u can try a couple of things... to set the resolution in boot.chameleon.plist, to use the resolution module with chameleon, and then with all this try a couple of boot loaders... first of all try to update to the latest chameleon via chameleon wizard then if it doesn't work give a chance to chimera or clover

ups my smbios is macbookpro6,1. i will try to change smbios, for chameleon i'm using v2.2 r2189 vn, i tried closer and i had boot loop with black screen on -V arg, on VNC connection to Mac with image distortion i have full QE/CI working on VNC and is so beautifull.

i'm telling you to try those steps cause i was in the same situation, same distorted image...

I will try, i just have to wait 20 minutos to my boss go out of my office lol.

I realy apreciate your help Thanks!

• Like 1

after everything tested i'm at same stage, like my display is 11.6 i have tested also MacBookAir5,1 with that one the display assumes that is 11.6 inch but the image is distorted

This is the description of my cpu

SPECIFICATIONS

Essentials Status Launched Launch Date Q2'10 Processor Number U5400 # of Cores 2 # of Threads 2 Clock Speed 1.2 GHz Intel® Smart Cache 3 MB DMI 2.5 GT/s Instruction Set 64-bit Embedded Options Available

header-icon-search-18x18.png No Lithography 32 nm Max TDP 18 W Recommended Customer Price N/A

Memory Specifications Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) 8 GB Memory Types DDR3-800 # of Memory Channels 2 Max Memory Bandwidth 12.8 GB/s Physical Address Extensions 36-bit ECC Memory Supported

header-icon-search-18x18.png No

Graphics Specifications Integrated Graphics Yes Graphics Base Frequency 166 MHz Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency 500 MHz Intel® Flexible Display Interface (Intel® FDI) Yes Macrovision* License Required No # of Displays Supported 2

Expansion Options PCI Express Revision 2.0 PCI Express Configurations 1x16 # of PCI Express Lanes 1

Package Specifications Max CPU Configuration 1 TJUNCTION 105°C Package Size BGA 34mm x 28mm Processing Die Size 81 mm2 # of Processing Die Transistors 382 million Graphics and IMC Lithography 45 nm Graphics and IMC Die Size 114 mm2 # of Graphics and IMC Die Transistors 177 million Sockets Supported BGA1288 Low Halogen Options Available See MDDS

Advanced Technologies Intel® vPro Technology

header-icon-search-18x18.png No Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology

header-icon-search-18x18.png No Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x)

header-icon-search-18x18.png No Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)

header-icon-search-18x18.png No Intel® Trusted Execution Technology

header-icon-search-18x18.png No AES New Instructions

header-icon-search-18x18.png No Intel® 64

header-icon-search-18x18.png Yes Idle States Yes Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology

header-icon-search-18x18.png Yes Thermal Monitoring Technologies Yes Intel® Fast Memory Access Yes Intel® Flex Memory Access Yes Execute Disable Bit Yes

My PC is

Satellite T210-10Z

Referência (P/N):: PST2AE-00W006EP

• Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit (pré-instalado, Recuperação Toshiba-HDD)
  • Processador Intel® Pentium® U5400
  • Toshiba TruBrite® HD TFT High Brightness display with 16 : 9 aspect ratio and LED backlighting
  • 320 GB
  • Tampa do ecrã Precious Black, interior em metallic silver com acabamento cromado.
  • 4,096 (2,048 + 2,048) MB
  • DDR3 RAM (800 MHz)
  • Acelerador de gráficos Intel® HD
  • autonomia máxima : Até 8h30min (Mobile Mark™ 2007)
  • peso : a partir de 1.48 kg
  • C x L x A : 284.0 x 202.8 x 17.6 (frente) / 26.2 (trás) mm

after everything tested i'm at same stage, like my display is 11.6 i have tested also MacBookAir5,1 with that one the display assumes that is 11.6 inch but the image is distorted

This is the description of my cpu

Say, are you still using the Resolution Module? If so, try booting without it. That is only needed if you want your boot screen at your custom resolution, and the custom resolution should be enabled with just the framebuffer. Me and seige232 had worked out his distortion problem being caused by using both the framebuffer and the resolution module.

This goes to everyone: Only use the resolution module if (a) you want your custom resolution enabled at the boot screen (and you don't have distortion problems when doing so), or ( B) you are unable to enable the framebuffer properly. If you plan on using the framebuffer, and you get distortions when doing so, delete the resolution module, and you'll be good to go!

Say, are you still using the Resolution Module? If so, try booting without it. That is only needed if you want your boot screen at your custom resolution, and the custom resolution should be enabled with just the framebuffer. Me and seige232 had worked out his distortion problem being caused by using both the framebuffer and the resolution module.

This goes to everyone: Only use the resolution module if (a) you want your custom resolution enabled at the boot screen (and you don't have distortion problems when doing so), or ( B) you are unable to enable the framebuffer properly. If you plan on using the framebuffer, and you get distortions when doing so, delete the resolution module, and you'll be good to go!

Thank you, i will try now, i had graphicsenabler on also

OK, it continues with distortion, but i have smbios with macbookair5,1 shold i test other one? i have stayed on this one because on display info now show me that the display is 11,6inch

I installed Mountain Lion 10.8.3 and this kexts:

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext (DualLink LCD Alternative)

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

Natit.kext

This is About this Mac:

post-1042363-0-15538000-1365118950_thumb.jpg

post-1042363-0-58637300-1365118956_thumb.jpg

But in my notebook's monitor I see this:

post-1042363-0-55950300-1365118954_thumb.jpg

Solution? Regards.

Natit.kext

This is About this Mac:

Solution? Regards.

i'm on the same step as you

I edited the Info.plist as enjoiner said and it still looks like this:

I patched the framebuffer with the command used by pashoni (-d LVDS+VGA AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB) and it hangs at [iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed.

Natit.kext

This is About this Mac:

Solution? Regards.

I will try now Thank you!

Now is like in ScreenShot, I will try to follow the guide here http://www.insanelym...splay-problems/

It seams that Toshiba has the Display EDID and i didn't find it on my Hackintosh.

I haven't covered this part yet but I think you guys might need to create your own patched framebuffer. The ones that I prepatched are basic and its possible that some laptops will not work with these because they require abit more work. I will link you guys to Alexanita's thread for now. It may give you something to work with on how to patch the framebuffer with advanced options:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284096-intel-hd-graphics-0x00468086-qeci-on-lenovo-x201/

• Like 1

Hi, thank you very much for this guide, finally i have a mac almost fully working..I have 2 question, now i have iatkos ml2 (10.8.2), can i update to 10.8.3? the intel kexts for 10.8.2 are different to 10.8.3, and i think that i might have problems. Second, now that Intel HD works, its possible to have ati radeon working( (i have 2 graphics card with switchable). Thanks