[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

Hi, probably you need inject the AAPL,os-info with Clover (if you aren't using dsdt injection).

This is the code: 
600000000100000001000000540000000100000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04001e0000004100410050004c002c006f0073002d0069006e0066006f0000001800000030490111011008000001000000000000ffffffff

(In Clover Configurator go to "Devices", paste the code in "Properties" and mark "Inject")

Regards.

Hi warraisraw. Thank you for answering. I "think" I'm not using any GPU related injection on my dsdt. The only injection I might have is for audio. I will give your instruction a go and let you know how it goes. Thanks again for the help!!

UPDATE:  Yup!!! That did it warraisraw!! Thank you so much for this!! Full QE/CI enabled!! Now I have to try cutting down the boot time. Chameleon gets to desktop in about 40 seconds. Clover is taking twice as long. It gets to desktop in about 1 minute and 20 seconds. Thank you again!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i created a usb installer with Chameleon 2.3 svn-r2578 by following this guide carefully.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1024x768x32</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-v</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

rebooted and got the message: Can´t find boot file: 'S/L/Kernels/kernel

Can you please guard me in the right direction.

What os you're using? Yosemite use that folder for the kernel. If you're not on yosemite, maybe you should use the older version of chameleon.

Not sure, just give it a try

first time i run the usb installer i could reach the screen where the bluetooth mouse is shown.

but the keyboard did not work.

so a run chameleon again and added keylayout to modules, but finally it stucks

/Users/mpi/Desktop/IMG_0503.JPG

where can i place the voodooPS2Controller?

If you're using chameleon, you can temporary place it on /extra/extensions, but you have to boot without cache.

After that, you have to place it on /S/L/E so you can boot it faster with cache

so i have to create this folder manually, because it was not generated with the chameleon installer?

or do i have to run the chameleon again?

Yes, you can create /Extra/Extensions folder manually. But remember if you want a faster boot with a cache, that folder will be ignored. So, place those kext on /System/Library/Extensions after you can boot into your system and re-build the cache

does not make any changes, system still waiting at [iOBluetoothHCIController].... calling registerService

why it was one time possible to reach the installer screen? irritated :surprised:

VoodooPS2Controller is a kext for PS2 Keyboard/trackpad/mouse. So it has nothing to do with your BT Controller.

Not sure for this, but maybe you should try disable your BT first, do you have a switch button to do it?

Edit: i read in other thread. It's not your BT. Your BT is fine and your system maybe stuck on the next process, which is probably graphics related. So maybe you should remove your graphic kext and try another framebuffer?

i can disable bluetooth via Bios->SecuritySettings.....

it also sometimes waits at "ATH: Unknown locale: 60". i find something for this error http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/97428-ar9280-athr-unknown-locale-xx-eeprom-mod.html

i had to change the wifi module, because the original was not supported. the pci-e card AR9280 is working without any problems in 10.9.5

edit: everything points to graphics related things. okay, first of all i will flash the eeprom for the atheros card to minimize the errors.

I suggest you first remove your intel hd graphic kexts, so you can boot into your system without graphic acceleration.

You posted a screen before, it's screwed, but at least it boots. So you are on the right track, you already choose the right choice for 'normal/alternate/alternate2' choices. Wrong choice will make a boot failure.

So stay on your first path, and try another output (LW1-LW4). Wrong choice will make a screwed screen you post

sry, this is my fault. i tried out a usb test drive to switch from the myhack installation to a clover bootloader; i gave up.

now i´m trying to install Yosemite on a second HDD. if everything works out fine, i will switch to Yosemite.

btw, is it possible to get the information which LW is actual used with my 10.9.5 installation? and thank your for help!  :)  :)

well, in my opinion, clover is a better choice. now with clover, i have a better vanilla system. i can even update my system like a real mac. no more re-patching after update. every patch already done on the fly from clover.

So maybe you should keep trying :)

i don't know how to get the info about what LW you use. but, i believe you already try one that screwed your screen. so you only have 3 more choice to try :)

sry, this is my fault. i tried out a usb test drive to switch from the myhack installation to a clover bootloader; i gave up.

now i´m trying to install Yosemite on a second HDD. if everything works out fine, i will switch to Yosemite.

btw, is it possible to get the information which LW is actual used with my 10.9.5 installation? and thank your for help!  :)  :)

Your using a Lenovo Thinkpad X201 right? I believe your computer may be compatible. Someone already has made a guide for the X201s variant and it may work for your model. Link here: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2833-install-osx-on-lenovo-thinkpad-x201s-and-maybe-x201/

Since you already installed OS X, then you only need to download the EDP installer. From there you would also need to download the Extras package from the compatibility table and download the appropriate OS X version your using. Make sure you remove all Intel HD Graphics kexts from S/L/E so you don't have an ugly screen when your configuring your computer. Graphics is usually the last thing to fix.

Guest calabash

Your using a Lenovo Thinkpad X201 right? I believe your computer may be compatible. Someone already has made a guide for the X201s variant and it may work for your model. Link here: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2833-install-osx-on-lenovo-thinkpad-x201s-and-maybe-x201/

Since you already installed OS X, then you only need to download the EDP installer. From there you would also need to download the Extras package from the compatibility table and download the appropriate OS X version your using. Make sure you remove all Intel HD Graphics kexts from S/L/E so you don't have an ugly screen when your configuring your computer. Graphics is usually the last thing to fix.

thank you GhostRaider for your reply, and btw for this great guide. And yes, you are right, i´m running a x201.

With big helping hands from riski_alkaf we got the x201 running into the Yosemite desktop, configured with clover.

As you have written in the guide

3) Install OS X and eventually you will be asked to restart. (May take a while.)

4) Follow the onscreen first boot instructions to setup OS X on your PC.

this was not possible for my installation. After installation I had to remove AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext from /S/L/E too, then it booted in the desktop.

Workaround: Boot in Single User Mode:

mount - uw /cd /System/Library/Extensionsrm -rf AppleIntelHDGraphics*.kextsudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*shutdown -r now

Someone could help me to run QE / CI on my Asus K52F?

I'm using mountain lion 10.8.5

I've looked everywhere, I followed the guide to the letter but does not work.

Help me please. Thank you :(

Qualcuno potrebbe aiutarmi a far funzionare QE / CI sul mio Asus K52F?

Sto utilizzando mountain lion 10.8.5

Ho cercato ovunque, ho seguito la guida alla lettera, ma non funziona.

Aiutatemi vi prego. Grazie

Intel® Core™ i3 330M/350M/370M Processor

Intel® HM55 Express Chipset

DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM, 2 x SO-DIMM socket

15.6" 16:9 HD (1366x768) LED Backlight

Integrated Intel® GMA HD

2.5" SATA 500GB 5400rpm

Super-Multi DVD

4 -in-1 card reader ( SD/ MS/ MS Pro/ MMC)

0.3 Mega Pixel web camera

Integrated 802.11 b/g/n

1 x Microphone-in jack

1 x Headphone-out jack 

1 x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor

3 x USB 2.0 port(s)

1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert 

1 x HDMI

im going crazy .. 10.9.5 dell E6410 worked in 10.9.4 CI (eDP from what i remember in linux )only i believe till update.. now i cant get screen to show due to black screen backlight on. not sure if its _DOD in dsdt issue.

i got it once to show distorted screen but that was days ago.

will test 1 by one.. but is there any special FB patches for Dell ?

the wireless AR9280 needs a special Region flash fix with COMVIEW driver in windows

im going crazy .. 10.9.5 dell E6410 worked in 10.9.4 CI (eDP from what i remember in linux )only i believe till update.. now i cant get screen to show due to black screen backlight on. not sure if its _DOD in dsdt issue.

i got it once to show distorted screen but that was days ago.

will test 1 by one.. but is there any special FB patches for Dell ?

the wireless AR9280 needs a special Region flash fix with COMVIEW driver in windows

eDP displays don't work with the framebuffer since Apple never coded them to support eDP. (Well, I'm assuming that, but reality is that I don't know if there is a way to enable eDP displays. Verteks never confirmed if eDP was supported.) Usually when you see a black screen with backlight it means that the framebuffer kext has been loaded. You don't see anything because its not patched 

Someone could help me to run QE / CI on my Asus K52F?
I'm using mountain lion 10.8.5
I've looked everywhere, I followed the guide to the letter but does not work.
Help me please. Thank you :(

Qualcuno potrebbe aiutarmi a far funzionare QE / CI sul mio Asus K52F?
Sto utilizzando mountain lion 10.8.5
Ho cercato ovunque, ho seguito la guida alla lettera, ma non funziona.
Aiutatemi vi prego. Grazie

Intel® Core™ i3 330M/350M/370M Processor

Intel® HM55 Express Chipset

DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM, 2 x SO-DIMM socket

15.6" 16:9 HD (1366x768) LED Backlight

Integrated Intel® GMA HD

2.5" SATA 500GB 5400rpm

Super-Multi DVD

4 -in-1 card reader ( SD/ MS/ MS Pro/ MMC)

0.3 Mega Pixel web camera

Integrated 802.11 b/g/n

1 x Microphone-in jack

1 x Headphone-out jack 

1 x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor

3 x USB 2.0 port(s)

1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert 

1 x HDMI

I have yet to see someone write about how to enable QE/CI on Asus K52F. However there have been people that reported that it works. Usually the most common framebuffer that works is the SingleLink Alternate LW1 framebuffer. Since your resolution is 1366x768 then the framebuffer must be SingleLink. You did not tell us if your computer freezes or you see a black screen etc. More info might help.

What is the difference between single and dual link ?

I have a working configuration using the single link and my internal LCD (1366x768).

now sometime I want to connect an external VGA which is 1920x1400, in which case if I understand, I should use the dual link version ?

with the dual link, will my internal LCD  work ?

if not, how can I switch them at boot time ?

thanks

OK so, Its been a while since I posted. Using a Sony Vaio VPCEA46FM.

i7 640M

8gig RAM

128gb SSD

128mb - 256mb Video Memory

Yosemite 10.10.2 <--forgot..sorry

SingleLink with 1366x768

Followed the guide.

Using the natit.kext from guide

Using resolution.lib in modules and also tried without = same WhiteScreen...

Using PCIRootUID=1 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Using Chimeria Bootloader, used Chameleon, used Clover..

Already tried FB(normal)+LW1= white screen after verbose mode is done

Already tried FB(alternate)+LW1=white screen after verbose mode is done

Already tried FB(alternate2)+LW1=white screen after verbose mode is done

Using MacBookPro 6,1 smbios

Tried PCIRootUID=0 but leads to crash of AppleIntelHD kexts or goes to white screen

Tried both npci=0x2000 and 0x3000... 0x3000 seems to work.. and gives the white screen while 0x2000 stays stuck in verbose mode

Used UseKernelCache=Yes and No = white screen after verbose mode is done

Any help would be appreciated.. I"m still going through using all the LWs in each folder... yet they all give me the same damn White Screen. ??!?

I'm going to try DSDT edits but I get the weird errors when I patched the main stuff. I googled but there isn't a fix for it..

Sony Vaio PCEA46FM

i7 640M

8gig

The DSDT.aml and RegDump

dsdtandregdump.zip

If anyone can patch this for me, I'd appreciate it greatly or at least show me where I can do this myself.

I already know of MaciASL.

I'll try this and see where it gets me.

Do not update to 10.10.2 , they did something to the kexts and the patcher fails. What worked is 10.10 in the patch.  I've read all day to compile a proper dsdt and I patched it correctly after reading tons of tutorials. It has Zero Errors now. I edited the patch for the HD Graphics and even did everything to the tee. The patched kexts in the Insanelymac downloads for 10.10.2 do not work. I've tried every single one. Alternate kexts, freeze at white screen. Alternate 2 kexts, freezes at verbose screen, and normal just somehow boots on by and ignores the whole kext altogether. They must of patched something in 10.10.2. Has anyone else had any success in getting this to work with 10.10.2?

Do not update to 10.10.2 , they did something to the kexts and the patcher fails. What worked is 10.10 in the patch. I've read all day to compile a proper dsdt and I patched it correctly after reading tons of tutorials. It has Zero Errors now. I edited the patch for the HD Graphics and even did everything to the tee. The patched kexts in the Insanelymac downloads for 10.10.2 do not work. I've tried every single one. Alternate kexts, freeze at white screen. Alternate 2 kexts, freezes at verbose screen, and normal just somehow boots on by and ignores the whole kext altogether. They must of patched something in 10.10.2. Has anyone else had any success in getting this to work with 10.10.2?

I patched the original kext on the fly on 10.10.1 with clover. And then did an update to 10.10.2 wihout having to repatch anything. So, i assumed what works in 10.10.1 (which exactly the same kext with 10.10) will also work in 10.10.2

Hi everyone!

I've just updated my laptop from 10.9.5 (installed using this guide and everything worked) to 10.10.1 and I can boot into the desktop without any boot arguments but I can't get the graphics to work no matter which framebuffer I choose. The last line on verbose was [AGPM] Unknown Platform or something like that.

It looks as if the graphics kexts aren't even loaded (just saying though).

Any reason behind this?

Thanks in advance

I patched the original kext on the fly on 10.10.1 with clover. And then did an update to 10.10.2 wihout having to repatch anything. So, i assumed what works in 10.10.1 (which exactly the same kext with 10.10) will also work in 10.10.2

Whats your cpu, smbios, and what settings in detail did you use in the patcher??

There's also another thing I want to point out about display ports. I have played around with  AAPL, os-info and this is what I came up with:

"AAPL,os-info", 
Buffer (0x14)
{
0x30, 0x49, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}, 

0x30, 0x49, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

There are a total of 20 bytes. The highlited blue hex codes cannot be changed. If you change them you will not be able to boot. As you noticed, everything else is 0x00. However the 5th byte in red is interesting.

I tested out some values and I can say that the 5th byte controls internal LCD and VGA. It can maybe enable other stuff but its unknown. 

If you change the 0x00 byte to 0x01, it enables internal LCD.

If you change the 0x00 byte to 0x04, it enables VGA display.

In other words, you cannot enable both, as far as I know unless someone here wants to play around with this code.

A normal os-info code looks like this:

"AAPL,os-info", 
Buffer (0x14)
{
0x30, 0x49, 0x01, 0x11, 0x01, 0x10, 0x08, 0x00, 
0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF
}, 

0x30, 0x49, 0x01, 0x11, 0x01, 0x10, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF

From what I see, the green values don't do anything for our IGPU. Only the blue and red bytes are important.

Im also wondering if eDP users can enable their VGA port by changing their os-info code. Anybody want to try?

This clean os-info code enables internal LCD:

"AAPL,os-info", 
Buffer (0x14)
{
0x30, 0x49, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}, 

This clean os-info code enables external VGA port:

"AAPL,os-info", 
Buffer (0x14)
{
0x30, 0x49, 0x00, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}, 

what were results for this ? eDP MPB6,2  user here has worked Ci only with no dsdt in 10.9.4 and after update i cant find the working Ci method..

i have EDID in the Display folder Forced.

still only get backlight black screen internal dell E6410. 10.9.5 wil try this ^

Do not update to 10.10.2 , they did something to the kexts and the patcher fails. What worked is 10.10 in the patch.  I've read all day to compile a proper dsdt and I patched it correctly after reading tons of tutorials. It has Zero Errors now. I edited the patch for the HD Graphics and even did everything to the tee. The patched kexts in the Insanelymac downloads for 10.10.2 do not work. I've tried every single one. Alternate kexts, freeze at white screen. Alternate 2 kexts, freezes at verbose screen, and normal just somehow boots on by and ignores the whole kext altogether. They must of patched something in 10.10.2. Has anyone else had any success in getting this to work with 10.10.2?

So what kext version enables QE/CI on your laptop? I always test the kexts before releasing them and they work fine. Computer boots up with QE/CI enabled using patched 10.10.2 kexts. Not sure what's the problem. However I have OS-info on my DSDT. Without this my computer cannot boot. Unless that is what you need now.

what were results for this ? eDP MPB6,2  user here has worked Ci only with no dsdt in 10.9.4 and after update i cant find the working Ci method..

i have EDID in the Display folder Forced.

still only get backlight black screen internal dell E6410. 10.9.5 wil try this ^

Well I abandoned the idea since its buggy. Basically the idea was that eDP users who have an external VGA display may be able to use their laptop with QE/CI. The problem is that you will disable your internal display. So for example in your DSDT you would inject an OS-info code with a certain value that enables VGA output. After that you would install a framebuffer, i.e Alternate SingleLink LW1 (assuming that your external vga display outputs a resolution at 1366x768 or lower). After that you would reboot and still have your internal LCD on. When the computer is booting, you would connect the VGA cable to the external display and once the framebuffer is loaded, OS X disables the internal display and outputs to the vga monitor. Whether it works now or not is up to someone to test it out.

• Like 1