you are so kind as to put in a zip file here? maybe FB is compatible with my pc

Thank you

paulllyyyy

paulllyyyy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

i put a post up last night and forgot to add that you also need that natit.kext sorry people 

BlackMagick

BlackMagick

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

I've also used it natit but does not work. thanks if you want to put the files attached

startas

startas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

So, if i want to use my intel hd graphics with yosemite, i have to patch my own framebuffer kext, right ? And do i still need then those other kexts from 10.8.5 or 10.9.x, if i will patch my own framebuffer kext ? I mean, are there any changes made to other kexts than framebuffer, or i can just use all the default kexts, that comes with 10.10, and just patch framebuffer myself ?

And will that intel hd patcher work with 10.10 kexts ? it says that it works mavericks, but i wonder if it will work with 10.10 too.

btw, you can check your display connector type in windows too, just right click on desktop -> graphics properties -> options and support -> information center -> select buid-in display (at top) -> connector type (mine shows lvds).

Update :

I tried patching framebuffer, but i got error, tha it couldnt patch with singlelink, but duallink worked and patch completed. Then i tried to patch dsdt so i wouldnt need natit kext, did everything as first post said, but at the end i got error "code 4064 object does not exist", and the line number pointed to variable Local0, which is right after "Hacks are put in here". Long story short, osx just froze in the progress, and i havent tested neither of my patched things, and now i cant even boot. Not to mention, that this whole patching took some time, because in beta versions of osx even generic video drivers are broken, and instead of 64 mb of vram, that full versions of osx has, developer version shows only 3 mb of vram, and because of that all animations and actions goes really slow, like in matrix.

BlackMagick

BlackMagick

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
paulllyyyy?

Adryano Silva

Adryano Silva

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Installation success! 

Yosemite 10.10

Lenovo G460 
Intel core i3 330m 
Intel Hd Graphics 
4Gb ram 
500 Hd 

Using Boot Usb chameleon.

BlackMagick

BlackMagick

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Installation success! 

Yosemite 10.10

Lenovo G460 
Intel core i3 330m 
Intel Hd Graphics 
4Gb ram 
500 Hd 

Using Boot Usb chameleon.

please can you put kext you used to qe/ci? Thank you

Adryano Silva

Adryano Silva

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

please can you put kext you used to qe/ci? Thank you

Follows the modified kext version. 

good hack

BlackMagick

BlackMagick

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Follows the modified kext version. 

good hack

Thank you. unfortunately I had no luck with my pc in signature. charge screens in white, red, green, blue etc.. no desktop

BlackMagick

BlackMagick

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

thanks I had no luck using the kext of your package and replacing AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext with the functioning of mavericks. Now full QE / CI.

also 3d and renderings works well.

Attached Files

Sega Dude

Sega Dude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I installed Mountain Lion 10.8.5 (upgraded from 10.8.4 via the combo update) on my Asus X52F on a spare desktop hard drive with a USB to SATA adaptor. This machine has an Intel Core i3-380M, which is an Arrandale, and a 1366x768 panel. It uses the LVDS connection according to Ubuntu. I spent all day trying to get the graphics working with this guide. I tried every frame buffer (VGA+LCD LW 1-4 in Normal, Alternative and Alternative 2) and none of them work for me. All of them result in a scrambled screen when I get to the desktop. See the picture below. This is very frustrating and I really want this to work. Is there any other frame buffer files I can try? 

DSCF8002.jpg

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,486 posts

Sega Dude, have you tried natit.kext or DSDT injection? Because "AAPL,os-info" is required to works with the patched FrameBuffer.

Sega Dude

Sega Dude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Sega Dude, have you tried natit.kext or DSDT injection? Because "AAPL,os-info" is required to works with the patched FrameBuffer.

I tried Natit but I still get the scrambled screen. I don't think DSDT Injection will work since Natit essentially does the same thing. When booting up in verbose mode, it says something about how it cannot alloc the IntelHDGraphicsFB class. It scrolls up too fast to read the full message. I am using Kext Wizard to install the frame buffer kext, maybe it has something to do with Kext Wizard?

51r

51r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

I tried Natit but I still get the scrambled screen. I don't think DSDT Injection will work since Natit essentially does the same thing. When booting up in verbose mode, it says something about how it cannot alloc the IntelHDGraphicsFB class. It scrolls up too fast to read the full message. I am using Kext Wizard to install the frame buffer kext, maybe it has something to do with Kext Wizard?

are you using clover? if yes, disable Inject Intel

Sega Dude

Sega Dude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

No, I am using chameleon. I tried the DSDT injection but it's still not working. It now says Intel HD Graphics in safe mode so it must be reading the DSDT. I don't get the scrambled screen, it just sits on the Apple screen spinning forever. I tried patching my own frame buffer using Giofrida's Intel HD Graphics Patcher using the linux dump analyzer and then going to manual patch. It just sits on the Apple screen spinning forever. Interestingly, I can connect to it via screen sharing and it looks fine, the display is not distorted or scrambled. It doesn't seem to be detecting the display. If I go to About this Mac > More Info > Displays it says "No displays detected" IDK what else to do. Nothing I try works. DSDT Injection didn't work and Natit doesn't work either.

monsterrrrr

monsterrrrr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Mac,iphone developing and Music

I have installed vanilla mac osx 10.9.3 using insanelymac guide.I successfully booted in in initial boot and then i tried almost every kexts but i am getting this screen.I too have natit installed along with smbios of mac pro 6,2 but i am getting this scrambled screen.

Core i3 370 M I

intelHD graphics

dell inspiron n5010 6GB raam

what do i do now? 

Attached Files

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

I have installed vanilla mac osx 10.9.3 using insanelymac guide.I successfully booted in in initial boot and then i tried almost every kexts but i am getting this screen.I too have natit installed along with smbios of mac pro 6,2 but i am getting this scrambled screen.

Core i3 370 M I

intelHD graphics

dell inspiron n5010 6GB raam

what do i do now? 

@Monsterrrrr I'm sorry but you are doing something wrong somewhere. Your laptop is compatible for QE/CI. You and 51r have the same exact laptop so there is no reason why your Dell  n5010 can't work. The only difference is that he's running Yosemite. @51r, could you maybe tell him what kexts and configuration you used when you had Mavericks? It's probably not hard to fix.

I installed Mountain Lion 10.8.5 (upgraded from 10.8.4 via the combo update) on my Asus X52F on a spare desktop hard drive with a USB to SATA adaptor. This machine has an Intel Core i3-380M, which is an Arrandale, and a 1366x768 panel. It uses the LVDS connection according to Ubuntu. I spent all day trying to get the graphics working with this guide. I tried every frame buffer (VGA+LCD LW 1-4 in Normal, Alternative and Alternative 2) and none of them work for me. All of them result in a scrambled screen when I get to the desktop. See the picture below. This is very frustrating and I really want this to work. Is there any other frame buffer files I can try? 

DSCF8002.jpg

Usually you get this screen when the framebuffer isn't loaded. I'm not too familiar with Mountain Lion since mostly everyone upgraded to Mavericks. If your telling me that your native resolution is 1366x768, then it should be single link framebuffer. You will need to use Alternate LCD+VGA LW1. You can't use the normal framebuffer because I need to see if it boots without igpu power management. 

Now, when the apple boot screen spins forever, it means that os-info failed to inject. I'm not sure if you patched your DSDT correctly. As I said before, Natit is very problematic on some computers so I don't recommend using it.

Sega Dude

Sega Dude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

WOOT! Finally got it working! Turns out there was a typo in my DSDT. I typed "APPL,os-info" instead of "AAPL,os-info". This was preventing it from working. Corrected that typo and used the framebuffer that GhostRaider said to use and it worked right away. So happy to finally have it working!

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

WOOT! Finally got it working! Turns out there was a typo in my DSDT. I typed "APPL,os-info" instead of "AAPL,os-info". This was preventing it from working. Corrected that typo and used the framebuffer that GhostRaider said to use and it worked right away. So happy to finally have it working!

Glad you got it working! I suggest you upgrade to OS X Mavericks and then in the fall upgrade to OS X Yosemite. It may be hard to get things working at first but once you have the correct hardware kexts and patched dsdt, then upgrades should go smoothly since you would know what to fix.

51r

51r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

@Monsterrrrr I'm sorry but you are doing something wrong somewhere. Your laptop is compatible for QE/CI. You and 51r have the same exact laptop so there is no reason why your Dell  n5010 can't work. The only difference is that he's running Yosemite. @51r, could you maybe tell him what kexts and configuration you used when you had Mavericks? It's probably not hard to fix.

Usually you get this screen when the framebuffer isn't loaded. I'm not too familiar with Mountain Lion since mostly everyone upgraded to Mavericks. If your telling me that your native resolution is 1366x768, then it should be single link framebuffer. You will need to use Alternate LCD+VGA LW1. You can't use the normal framebuffer because I need to see if it boots without igpu power management. 

Now, when the apple boot screen spins forever, it means that os-info failed to inject. I'm not sure if you patched your DSDT correctly. As I said before, Natit is very problematic on some computers so I don't recommend using it.

He have my kexts and dsdt ... but his laptop is not working.. i dont know.. :D he tried with my kexts.. he is on 10.9 and i have it for 10.9 but it's not working on his laptop.. we are chatting in fb to fix the issue but we cant.. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Intel GMA HD, Arrandale, Intel GMA 5700HD

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy