[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

Does anybody who using Yosemite, can test Maps app, because for me it doesn't show map. Its same same with 3D charts in Pages/Numbers/Keynote on OS X Mavericks and also keynote advanced effects. Is it only problem with my graphic card or it's normal with patched kext, because it must work's on real Macbook Pro 2010.

Hi, 

The same problem here, what revision is your HD Graphics? Maybe the revision is the issue.

Rev 02 cause some graphics problems.

Regards.

Hi GhostRaider, I am under 10.9.5 but Sleep-wake (mode 0 and mode 3) never worked for me, I only get a blackscreen, seems that HDD works for two seconds (then off), and just the fan keep working. Console.app shown nothing about sleep. So, anybody have sleep-wake working? Can share his DSDT and .ioreg, please? Thanks in advance.

I was never able to get sleep to work correctly on my hackintosh since the days of Snow Leopard. I gave up on finding a fix for this. There is this one feature in the info.plist file of the framebuffer kext that mentions "Power States" but I could never enable it because it freezes my hackintosh upon booting. Idk if that does anything for you.

Hi, 

The same problem here, what revision is your HD Graphics? Maybe the revision is the issue.

Rev 02 cause some graphics problems.

Regards.

It seems that Apple has switched the graphics profile to OpenGL Core on certain applications. The Intel HD Graphics IGPU was always set to OpenGL compatibility mode for us hackintosh users even on OS X Mavericks. If developers are switching to OpenGL Core, then we won't be able to use certain applications anymore. The Intel HD Graphics IGPU only supports up to OpenGL 2.1.

OpenGL Core profile requires a compatible graphics chip that supports OpenGL 3.0 or higher.

Dear GhostRaider,

Thanks for the updates in time. The kext and patcher had worked perfect for my Thinkpad x201 on OSX 10.8~10.9.5.

But for the final OSX 10.10, the kext and patcher not work now. As there are only Four AppleIntelHD*.kext in Yosemite (Missing AppleIntelGraphicsGLDriver.bundle).

I used "OSX Yosemite Chameleon" (Downloaded from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301138-new-usb-installer-os-x-yosemite-chameleon-enoch-r2403/) to make bootable USB from Yosemite Installer downloaded from AppStore. And the USB installer worked fine would enter installation UI with fuzzy language setting screen as well as OSX 10.8~10.9.5.

If I try to patch the FB again or use the Patched V10.0.19 kext, it can not enter installation UI. I guess there were something missing with the Patcher or patched kext. Would you please give a glance?

As I said, the framebuffer kext is not loading. It's not running on your computer for some reason. Make sure you allow Yosemite to use unsigned kexts by booting using kext-dev-mode=1. Use Kext Utility NOT Kext Wizard. Obviously if it was loaded and there was a problem with the patched kext, you would see a black screen.

I just found out that Yosemite needs to be started with kext-dev-mode=1 before you install the kext.

That solved my issue thanks! :)

I just found out that Yosemite needs to be started with kext-dev-mode=1 before you install the kext.

That solved my issue thanks! :)

Hi gvanderwindt, thanks for the hint. I guess it would solve my problems. But how do I install patched kext to my bootable USB installer? I tried Kext Wizard 3.7.10 and it now worked. And Kext Utility cannot install kext to bootable USB installer too.

Hi gvanderwindt, thanks for the hint. I guess it would solve my problems. But how do I install patched kext to my bootable USB installer? I tried Kext Wizard 3.7.10 and it now worked. And Kext Utility cannot install kext to bootable USB installer too.

Plus, kext-dev-mode=1 was set in chameleon boot option plist file. So the patched kext should had work but failed.

Dear GhostRaider, Thanks for the updates in time. The kext and patcher had worked perfect for my Thinkpad x201 on OSX 10.8~10.9.5. But for the final OSX 10.10, the kext and patcher not work now. As there are only Four AppleIntelHD*.kext in Yosemite (Missing AppleIntelGraphicsGLDriver.bundle). I used "OSX Yosemite Chameleon" (Downloaded from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301138-new-usb-installer-os-x-yosemite-chameleon-enoch-r2403/) to make bootable USB from Yosemite Installer downloaded from AppStore. And the USB installer worked fine would enter installation UI with fuzzy language setting screen as well as OSX 10.8~10.9.5. If I try to patch the FB again or use the Patched V10.0.19 kext, it can not enter installation UI. I guess there were something missing with the Patcher or patched kext. Would you please give a glance?

I don't understand what you are trying to do. You cannot patch the Intel HD Graphics kexts from the installer. You have to delete these kexts from the installer in order to be able to boot to the installation screen. Then once you have installed Yosemite then you have to download the QE/CI package for 10.10 and install them using Kext Utility.

Does anybody experience these graphic bugs or its just me?
It looks like problem with this old graphic card...

There is no fix for this since Apple is the one that develops the drivers. Maybe it might get fixed in the next few updates, if they remember. You might be able to send Apple a bug report about this but they'll probably ask you to upload real Mac dumps.

I don't understand what you are trying to do. You cannot patch the Intel HD Graphics kexts from the installer. You have to delete these kexts from the installer in order to be able to boot to the installation screen. Then once you have installed Yosemite then you have to download the QE/CI package for 10.10 and install them using Kext Utility.

There is no fix for this since Apple is the one that develops the drivers. Maybe it might get fixed in the next few updates, if they remember. You might be able to send Apple a bug report about this but they'll probably ask you to upload real Mac dumps.

I am trying to install Yosemite from USB installer. But the AppleHD*.kext in installer cannot be removed as there is only one DisplayCard in my laptop Thinkpad X201. If the Intel HD kexts are removed, it couldn't be boot into installation UI. Could the Intel HD kexts in installer be patched?

Plus, it seems the installer can only load original Apple Intel HD kexts in /S/L/E. It can also load my AppleIntelEther1000 kext. But if I copy the original Apple Intel HD kexts out of /S/L/E and then copy back again, it still failed to enter Installation UI. Frustrated.

Have tried various options. It seems that Apple Intel HD kexts in /S/L/E of installer, actually in BaseSystem.dmg, should be patch for laptop and PC which get only one video card to install Yosemite. As there are only FOUR Apple Intel HD kexts in BaseSystem.dmg. :blush:

Have tried various options. It seems that Apple Intel HD kexts in /S/L/E of installer, actually in BaseSystem.dmg, should be patch for laptop and PC which get only one video card to install Yosemite. As there are only FOUR Apple Intel HD kexts in BaseSystem.dmg. :blush:

Friend, as I said before, you have to delete the Intel HD Graphics kexts from the USB drive once the installer has been copied over. What this means is that you have to copy the OS X Installer "manually" using Terminal. You cannot use "OS X Yosemite Chameleon" app to make the USB. You have no access to S/L/E if you use this or any other app that automatically makes a bootable USB drive.

Here is a link to help you copy the OS X Yosemite Installer manually:

http://www.skylineosx.com/yosemite-installation-guide/

You'll need to install a bootloader to the USB drive but you can use Chameleon or Clover installer and change the installation destination to the USB drive.

After you follow those steps, you'll have access to S/L/E from the USB drive. From here you must DELETE the Intel HD Graphics kexts. Do NOT patch them. DELETE them.

This will allow you to install Yosemite successfully and boot. After you are able to boot to the desktop, then you can download the QE/CI package for 10.10 and install the Intel HD Graphics kexts you need. 

Friend, as I said before, you have to delete the Intel HD Graphics kexts from the USB drive once the installer has been copied over. What this means is that you have to copy the OS X Installer "manually" using Terminal. You cannot use "OS X Yosemite Chameleon" app to make the USB. You have no access to S/L/E if you use this or any other app that automatically makes a bootable USB drive.

Here is a link to help you copy the OS X Yosemite Installer manually:

http://www.skylineosx.com/yosemite-installation-guide/

You'll need to install a bootloader to the USB drive but you can use Chameleon or Clover installer and change the installation destination to the USB drive.

After you follow those steps, you'll have access to S/L/E from the USB drive. From here you must DELETE the Intel HD Graphics kexts. Do NOT patch them. DELETE them.

This will allow you to install Yosemite successfully and boot. After you are able to boot to the desktop, then you can download the QE/CI package for 10.10 and install the Intel HD Graphics kexts you need. 

Thank you GhostRaider for your help. I am biting Yosemite on my Thinkpad x201 now. :D

I tried to delete NV*.kext, AMD*.kext and AppleKextExcludeList.kext, and apply my SMBIOS and patched AppleIntelHD*.kext from your attachments. To my surprise it ran into installation screen.

After installation, the new Yosemite couldn't boot to desktop, and then I just boot to my MountainLion on USB HDD and remove NV*.kext, AMD*.kext, Geforce*.kext, ATI*.kext, and AppleIntelHD*.kext, and apply patched AppleIntelHD*.kext to the /S/L/E of new Yosemite. Just boot the Yosemite with installation USB driver, and apply post installation with  "OS X Yosemite Chameleon" to install Chameleon. And now The new Yosemite running well :lol:

Dear everyone,

i know this is a bit off topic. But i believe everyone here are using 1st gen intel core i processor. I have core i3-380UM and trying to install yosemite. But never reach the installer screen. It gives early reboot after the kext load. Do i need a patched kernel? Or maybe some kernel flags?

Thanks

Hi,

i've installed Mavericks on hd usb - Model Notebook Probook HP 6450b with Intel HD Graphics (i5 - TM520, 4gb ram). I've verified with ubuntu (intel_reg_dumper) the line "

• PCH_LVDS: 0x80308302 (enabled, pipe B, 18 bit, 1 channel)"

i've deleted original osx kexts (as specified in Ghost Raider Guide) of Intel HD Graphics and i've replaced with QE/CI for Mavericks ver. 10.9.5.

Probably my notebook is a single link (with dual link kext i view ever screen black after apple logo), i've installed all LW (1,2,3,4 => ver. Normal, alternate and alternate 2) and only the LW1 (LCD+VGA) works partially. Obviously, after i rebuild the cache with kext utility.

With Giofrida'patcher the results don't change too.

Bootloader is configured qith MacBook 8,1 (is this the problem?). I've copied resolution module (resolution.dylib on Extra folder.......but don't wont work. 

I insert a photo of my screen (LCD Notebook). url: http://it.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eb6ebk&s=8#.VE5bviKG8SA

I'am a new user, Can you help me?

Hi, I'm able to successfully install Yosemite in my Laptop with 1st Gen. Arrandale processor, but the problem is I have a eDP display connector with which I'm not able to get CI at least as we got in Mavericks. Any reason why CI only has discontinued for Yosemite.  also is there any alternate to get CI working.

Thanks

Hi, I'm able to successfully install Yosemite in my Laptop with 1st Gen. Arrandale processor, but the problem is I have a eDP display connector with which I'm not able to get CI at least as we got in Mavericks. Any reason why CI only has discontinued for Yosemite. also is there any alternate to get CI working.

Thanks

GhostRaider said a while ago that CI-only users can only go up to Mavericks.

If you want to no why, then ask Apple. But don't ask Apple.

Hi,

i've installed Mavericks on hd usb - Model Notebook Probook HP 6450b with Intel HD Graphics (i5 - TM520, 4gb ram). I've verified with ubuntu (intel_reg_dumper) the line "

• PCH_LVDS: 0x80308302 (enabled, pipe B, 18 bit, 1 channel)"
i've deleted original osx kexts (as specified in Ghost Raider Guide) of Intel HD Graphics and i've replaced with QE/CI for Mavericks ver. 10.9.5.

Probably my notebook is a single link (with dual link kext i view ever screen black after apple logo), i've installed all LW (1,2,3,4 => ver. Normal, alternate and alternate 2) and only the LW1 (LCD+VGA) works partially. Obviously, after i rebuild the cache with kext utility.

With Giofrida'patcher the results don't change too.

Bootloader is configured qith MacBook 8,1 (is this the problem?). I've copied resolution module (resolution.dylib on Extra folder.......but don't wont work.

I insert a photo of my screen (LCD Notebook). url: http://it.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eb6ebk&s=8#.VE5bviKG8SA

I'am a new user, Can you help me?

Our experience here has always had success with either the MacBookPro6,1 or

MacBookPro6,2 smbios.plist configuration. Try that and see if you still have an

issue!

Hi, i try with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to set macbook pro 6.1 but don't change nothing after booting.

Can you help me please?

Finally, I have sleep-wake working in Yosemite 10.10, so the key was the flag USBBusFix=Yes (that include legacy usb off). Thanks to Chameleon team. But anybody know how apply this fix to the DSDT?

bdmesg output about that fix:

EHCI controller [8086:3b3c] at 00:1a.0 DMA @f0806000

Setting Legacy USB Off on controller [8086:3b3c] at 00:1a.0
Legacy USB Off Done
EHCI controller [8086:3b34] at 00:1d.0 DMA @f0807000
Setting Legacy USB Off on controller [8086:3b34] at 00:1d.0
Legacy USB Off Done

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I have a Sony Vaio VPCS111FM with Intel Core i5 430M (Arrandale) (LVDS) 4GB RAM and 500GB HDD. I have successfully installed OS X Yosemite. I have followed the steps of the guide provided in this forum to get my old Intel HD graphics to work in order to get native 1366 x 768 resolution and I have had no success. I went as far to patch my DSDT to add the OS, VRAM info as the guide states and OS X indeed sees the info correctly. I have tried the 3 FB (Normal, Alternate, Alternate 2) and even the Giofrida Patcher and still no success.

A little bit of help will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Regards!

Dear everyone,

i know this is a bit off topic. But i believe everyone here are using 1st gen intel core i processor. I have core i3-380UM and trying to install yosemite. But never reach the installer screen. It gives early reboot after the kext load. Do i need a patched kernel? Or maybe some kernel flags?

Thanks

Hi rizki,

I have a similar laptop (i3-350M) with 1st gen Intel graphics. My successful flags are: dart=0 IGPEnaber=Yes USBBusFix=Yes -f -x -v

Using these flags I can reliably get to the installer. Hope that helps!

--John

Hi, excuse me, help me.....  :(

Looking at your dump, it mentions Pipe B, which is not really common. Most of us here have Pipe A enabled. So what is the native resolution of this laptop? 1366x768 or is it higher? Need more info. You can't be testing all of the framebuffers since you need to know at least whether you need Single Link or Dual Link.

For other people that are having problems, you need to know your hardware well. 

1. Make sure you have OS X working with your other hardware. Leave the graphics issue for last to avoid any other conflict. Good advice for beginners. If you know how hackintoshes work, then its alright to fix the graphics first and then everything else.

2. Chameleon or clover? Whichever bootloader you use, you must fix the bootloader resolution either by using the resolution module for chameleon, and then typing your native resolution in org.chameleon.boot.plist. Or if you use Clover, make sure that the patch vBios is checked in clover configurator. If either of these give you native resolution, then the only thing left is to enable QE/CI

3. Make sure that your computer is using the LVDS connector. You must already know the native resolution of your display in order to make a decision. SingleLink is for displays at 1366x768 or lower. DualLink is for displays higher than 1366x768. 

4. From here you have to try either the normal framebuffer or the alternative framebuffer. Use the alternative framebuffer if your computer freezes during boot. If you still can't get to the desktop for some reason, you may have to inject the OS-Info code onto your DSDT. Then try again. 

Please make sure that you did all of these steps before asking help. All of this information is already in the main guide so don't skip reading it unless you already know what you're doing.

So Great! GhostRaider, I made it by your dsdt lesson.

But the backlight problem,can u fix it? Each time the computer sleeps, and the power button light flashes.  I try to wake my computer up by pressing power button.

The computer seems to wake up, because the fan starts to work, the screent is still black..

All what I can do is to keep pressing power button for 5 seconds that power down..

I am waiting your info....

The other thread about backlight does not work for me (6# of that thread..).

So Great! GhostRaider, I made it by your dsdt lesson.

But the backlight problem,can u fix it? Each time the computer sleeps, and the power button light flashes.  I try to wake my computer up by pressing power button.

The computer seems to wake up, because the fan starts to work, the screent is still black..

All what I can do is to keep pressing power button for 5 seconds that power down..

I am waiting your info....

The other thread about backlight does not work for me (6# of that thread..).

I've had this same problem for years but I just haven't bothered looking into it since I don't use my hackintosh as a daily device. The problem usually comes from the DSDT but again every computer is different. That's my theory. The only other possibility could be is if you are using an Alternative FB. In the plist file the P-states is set to 0, but if I set this to 1, my computer freezes. Some people have sleep working but I'm not sure how they configured their DSDT or what FB they're using.