[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

I guess I have to test out if CI only works on Yosemite Beta for DP users. The only way to test this is if you have Chameleon boot loader since if you try using Clover it will corrupt the screen. Not sure why. I'm planning on making a USB Chameleon stick to see whether it works or not and report back. 

As for QE/CI on OS X Yosemite Beta, there seems to be a problem with Giofrida's patch. While it does say Yosemite support, I'm guessing the frame buffer hex codes were changed for the beta. 

I've tried patching the framebuffer countless of times and I always boot into a black screen on Yosemite, which basically tells me the patch is not working. Can anyone report back if Giofrida's patcher works for the Yosemite Beta framebuffer? I don't think I'm doing anything wrong.

I have the feeling that the hex code patches for SingleLink are the culprit. The hex code patches for LVDS+VGA as well as Link Width 1-4 are fine since I found them easily using Hex Fiend. 

The workaround for this is to install Mavericks Intel HD Graphics framebuffer on Yosemite Beta which isn't bad but would be great to have the Yosemite version working.

I checked Yosemite Beta kexts along with DP1/2 and the hex patches are the same.

I can't tell you if my patcher works because I have to reinstall Mac OS X on my main PC.

The hex codes are the same, I found them using Hex Fiend but for some reason, the patcher isn't working. You boot into a black screen. I wonder if Apple added more hex codes that need patching. 

I created a partition just for Yosemite so I can test it out. If I boot Yosemite with the 10.9.4 framebuffer it works fine so the framebuffer is the culprit. No other Intel HD kexts were modified.

I don't know what Apple keeps modifying but I do know that bytes were changed if you compare the DP kexts with the open beta kexts. Now with DP 5 out, who knows what they modified next.

The hex codes are the same, I found them using Hex Fiend but for some reason, the patcher isn't working. You boot into a black screen. I wonder if Apple added more hex codes that need patching.

I created a partition just for Yosemite so I can test it out. If I boot Yosemite with the 10.9.4 framebuffer it works fine so the framebuffer is the culprit. No other Intel HD kexts were modified.

I don't know what Apple keeps modifying but I do know that bytes were changed if you compare the DP kexts with the open beta kexts. Now with DP 5 out, who knows what they modified next.

Okay know I understood the situation. I will try to find the differences between DP and Beta kexts to find out what's the issue.

Okay know I understood the situation. I will try to find the differences between DP and Beta kexts to find out what's the issue.

If you can install OS X Yosemite on your computer and try out your patch that would be great. I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this issue since no one else has said anything. If it turns out it works, then the only thing that I can think of as to why it doesn't work is because I'm injecting OS-info in the DSDT. I've been doing this since Mountain Lion and haven't had any issues.

Can someone post the latest kexts that work on your PC? I mean the kexts from DP4 (I think :whistle:

I don't think the patcher works for any Yosemite DP release. I tried patching the framebuffer from DP 1, 3, 4, 5 and I always get a black screen. Doesn't sound good. I uploaded DP 1, 3 , 4, 5 framebuffer kexts so you can take a look. DP 5 framebuffer is now version 10.0.18.

Yosemite DP Framebuffers.zip

• Like 1

I don't think the patcher works for any Yosemite DP release. I tried patching the framebuffer from DP 1, 3, 4, 5 and I always get a black screen. Doesn't sound good. I uploaded DP 1, 3 , 4, 5 framebuffer kexts so you can take a look. DP 5 framebuffer is now version 10.0.18.

So, I checked all the hex patches with verteks' info (from his patcher). All the patches are ok, I don't know what to do.

Hi there, I installed OS X 10.10 on a pavilion g6 series laptop.

CPU is i3 380 M, and it has LVDS inner cable. 

Nothing seems to work:

1st trial: Installed qe/ci kext linked in topic, tried every frame buffer (N, A1, A2) w/ GE = Yes in Chameleon = got distorted/broken screen

2nd trial: Patched stock FB w/ giofrida tool + other kext taken from this topic w/ GE=Y in Chameleon = same as above

3rd trial: reinstalled OS X + patched stock FB w/ giofrida tool w/ GE=Y in Chameleon = black screen

4th trial: kext of topic or patched stock FB w/ giofrida tool w/ GE=N in Chameleon = freeze

I think it's only single link since 1366x768 it's only supported.

No DSDT.

I've been trying for 3 days.

Solutions?

Hi there, I installed OS X 10.10 on a pavilion g6 series laptop.

CPU is i3 380 M, and it has LVDS inner cable. 

Nothing seems to work:

1st trial: Installed qe/ci kext linked in topic, tried every frame buffer (N, A1, A2) w/ GE = Yes in Chameleon = got distorted/broken screen

2nd trial: Patched stock FB w/ giofrida tool + other kext taken from this topic w/ GE=Y in Chameleon = same as above

3rd trial: reinstalled OS X + patched stock FB w/ giofrida tool w/ GE=Y in Chameleon = black screen

4th trial: kext of topic or patched stock FB w/ giofrida tool w/ GE=N in Chameleon = freeze

I think it's only single link since 1366x768 it's only supported.

No DSDT.

I've been trying for 3 days.

Solutions?

The 10.10 patcher doesn't seem to be working at the moment, and you're not suppose to use 10.9.x Intel HD Graphics kexts on Yosemite. If you really "need" 10.10 to work install Natit.kext and select the SingleLink Alternate LCD+VGA LW1 framebuffer from the 10.9.4 QE/CI package. You must install this kext with the original AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLD.driver, AppleIntelHDGraphicsVA.bundle, AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.bundle that came preinstalled with Yosemite, not from the 10.9.4 package.

So, I checked all the hex patches with verteks' info (from his patcher). All the patches are ok, I don't know what to do.

Have you tested them out on your computer? What exact hexes does Vertek's patcher patch? The one that keeps changing that I've noticed is the SingleLink for every OS X release. Everything else is the same so I'm guessing that this part is the problem.

The 10.10 patcher doesn't seem to be working at the moment, and you're not suppose to use 10.9.x Intel HD Graphics kexts on Yosemite. If you really "need" 10.10 to work install Natit.kext and select the SingleLink Alternate LCD+VGA LW1 framebuffer from the 10.9.4 QE/CI package. You must install this kext with the original AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLD.driver, AppleIntelHDGraphicsVA.bundle, AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.bundle that came preinstalled with Yosemite, not from the 10.9.4 package.

Have you tested them out on your computer? What exact hexes does Vertek's patcher patch? The one that keeps changing that I've noticed is the SingleLink for every OS X release. Everything else is the same so I'm guessing that this part is the problem.

Ok, so I tried as you said: I have no QE/CI. I tried every FB from 10.9.4, and no translucence. With natit desktop appears but it's recognized as GT430 w/ 288 ram, idkw but it's quite annoying. I'm getting tired of this  :wallbash:

Ok, so I tried as you said: I have no QE/CI. I tried every FB from 10.9.4, and no translucence. With natit desktop appears but it's recognized as GT430 w/ 288 ram, idkw but it's quite annoying. I'm getting tired of this  :wallbash:

Honestly, if you do actually have an HP Pavilion G6 laptop then it works. No excuses because someone else has a similar laptop as you. 

What bootloader do you have?

What exact model is this HP G6 laptop so I can see its exact specs?

Do you know how do configure your laptop's DSDT? This would help greatly

Why 10.10 and not Mavericks?

If you had Mavericks installed on it, all you had to do is delete the intel hd graphics kexts that are in the S/L/E folder. Then you install the included kexts in the package with the SingleLink LCD+VGA Alternate LW1. Install them with Kext Utility, rebuild cache and reboot. 

Then you check if it boots. If the spinning wheel freezes during boot, then obviously you have to patch your DSDT and add OS-Info and model because the framebuffer failed to inject that information. After that, that's it. Your computer should be able to boot with QE/CI.

In Yosemite it would be a bit different since you cannot patch the original framebuffer. But seriously all you have to do is delete the framebuffer kext from S/L/E in Yosemite, get the SingleLink LCD+VGA Alternate LW1 from the package and install it using kext utility in Yosemite. At this point you should have your DSDT already patched with OS-Info and model. The desktop should appear with QE/CI.

Again all that information is in the guide, assuming that this laptop does not have a dedicated GPU.

Honestly, if you do actually have an HP Pavilion G6 laptop then it works. No excuses because someone else has a similar laptop as you.

What bootloader do you have?

What exact model is this HP G6 laptop so I can see its exact specs?

Do you know how do configure your laptop's DSDT? This would help greatly

Why 10.10 and not Mavericks?

If you had Mavericks installed on it, all you had to do is delete the intel hd graphics kexts that are in the S/L/E folder. Then you install the included kexts in the package with the SingleLink LCD+VGA Alternate LW1. Install them with Kext Utility, rebuild cache and reboot.

Then you check if it boots. If the spinning wheel freezes during boot, then obviously you have to patch your DSDT and add OS-Info and model because the framebuffer failed to inject that information. After that, that's it. Your computer should be able to boot with QE/CI.

In Yosemite it would be a bit different since you cannot patch the original framebuffer. But seriously all you have to do is delete the framebuffer kext from S/L/E in Yosemite, get the SingleLink LCD+VGA Alternate LW1 from the package and install it using kext utility in Yosemite. At this point you should have your DSDT already patched with OS-Info and model. The desktop should appear with QE/CI.

Again all that information is in the guide, assuming that this laptop does not have a dedicated GPU.

Well, I'm glad to say I found a stupid solution: simply installing the qe accelarator from 10.9.4 in the topic's package. Since the 10.10 is not patched, it won't work out-of-box. 10.9.4 kext works in backtrace and it's loaded anyway.

So, reassuming, I only installed 10.9.4 AIHG + 10.9.4 AIHGFB SL ALT2 + Natit. Nothing else.

Anyway, very special thanks for the support and time dedicated.

EDIT: I was completely forgotting I got some problems on compiling dsdt: I can't find an already patched one. And automatic extraction gives many errors.

My pavilion is g6, and I can't find anywhere the exact eversion. What I only knows is it has 380m i3 / gma5700 / atheros wifi card

Hi guys, I see a low cost barebone (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/build-your-own-pc-Barebone-System-Intel-HM76-Wireless-display-fanless-Alluminum-chassis-Four-Native-USB/1847650084.html) with an Intel Celeron c1037u (http://cpuboss.com/cpu/Intel-Celeron-1037U) and "Intel HD graphics".

Do you think that is possible to make a "low power" (and low budget) Hackintosh with this platform? 

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Celeron_Dual-Core/Intel-Mobile%20Celeron%201037U.html

Hi guys, I see a low cost barebone (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/build-your-own-pc-Barebone-System-Intel-HM76-Wireless-display-fanless-Alluminum-chassis-Four-Native-USB/1847650084.html) with an Intel Celeron c1037u (http://cpuboss.com/cpu/Intel-Celeron-1037U) and "Intel HD graphics".

Do you think that is possible to make a "low power" (and low budget) Hackintosh with this platform? 

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Celeron_Dual-Core/Intel-Mobile%20Celeron%201037U.html

I personally don't recommend that. Buy a prob 4540s or some asus

Patcher 1.5.3(Debug Version) works perfectly on Yosemite DP5, but the latest patcher doesn't work. What I got was just black blank screen.

Really? What options did you select in the debug patcher?

Edit: Okay you're right, the debug version patches the framebuffer correctly on OS X Yosemite. Thank you for sharing. Hopefully Giofrida can reupload the correct patches from the debug version in the next release.

Edit 2: OS X Yosemite Beta 1 kexts are now available for download. These QE/CI kexts should only be used for OS X Yosemite Public Beta 1.

After Days of testing, laptop with yosemite public beta, finally got the solution.

my laptop is: Gateway ID49C04h with P6100 intell HDG 0x46

try different loader and kexts for last couple days, come to this:

Loader  Chameleon_2.2svn_r2380_10.10_CBv2

dsdt created by DPCIManager

plist <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000, -f, kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/SMBios.plist</string>
<key>ShowInfo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>9</string>
</dict>
</plist>
 smbios:  Macbook Pro mid 2010

use AppleIntelHDGraphics  (unmatched 10.0.16)
FB  use  old AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB   8.0.61 (patched for 10.8 and 10.9)
get qe/ci and full resolution.

Like to share this result!

I believe, 8.0.61 kext was downloaded more than a year ago,

did try every patch method from this site, 1x 2x links, Lw1-Lw4,  norm,alt,alt1 (all combinations) on 10.0.16, Not working,

did try the pre-patched 10.10 qe/ci,  every version. not working.

from kexts.com will find 3 versions of intelHD from 10.8 10.9 versions, download it and examine the version from finder's getinfo.

did try every patch method from this site, 1x 2x links, Lw1-Lw4,  norm,alt,alt1 (all combinations) on 10.0.16, Not working,

from kexts.com will find 3 versions of intelHD from 10.8 10.9 versions, download it and examine the version from finder's getinfo.

I just set the debug patcher to Link Width X1, LVDS + VGA, 10.10.x, Divisor fix unchecked. Its interesting that you have solved the Yosemite problem a long time ago but somehow changed it in the newer release. I believe its best to remove the DP patches and somehow combine LVDS+VGA into 1 checkbox. Just a thought.

The problem that I have with posts like these is that its not very informative. What do you mean by not working? Is the screen black or something? 

When using Clover from 2774 to 2795, most time hang without loading either FB or AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext,

when it did load, unreadable screen, console show AGPM unknown (with or without intel injection).

When using Chameleon Loader, Console display APGM 8086:0046 as controller,  result were the same.

By Accident, left FB of 8.0.61 on SLE alone, without other intelHDG kexts, discover, with chameleon,  it load the FB kext,

and got 1360x768 resolution. Without Other Kexts, not QE/Ci.

Then I start use FB 8.0.61 as a base for test, partially working with old 8.0x kexts, got CI no QE (smooth scroll no Video playable  by QT10)

finally, 8.0.61 did load with 10.0.16 (after repair permissions with disk utility)

I should have try a patched 10.0.16 FB alone and test whether it load by itself,  but spend too much time already on a beta OS.