[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

In te log of kext utility I see this:

Found com.apple.driver.KextExcludeList:1.23

Updating OSKextSigExceptionList ........ Done.
-- Total processed: (393 kexts) Added 0, Updated 0 entries for 4 sec.

Updating the system cache files .............. Done
-- Build time = 26 sec

Could this be an issue. which causes CI not to work??

In te log of kext utility I see this:

Found com.apple.driver.KextExcludeList:1.23

Updating OSKextSigExceptionList ........ Done.
-- Total processed: (393 kexts) Added 0, Updated 0 entries for 4 sec.

Updating the system cache files .............. Done
-- Build time = 26 sec

Could this be an issue. which causes CI not to work??

i have the same problem like you before..

if you use clover, do you have clover configuration.app installed also?

Hi installed 10.8.5 CI kexts on mavericks 10.9.3   now it works !!!!!!!!  Weird!!!  

So packard bell easynote tk 85 GN-221 (i3-380M) runs mavericks 10.9.3 with CI now...

So what is the difference between these kext versions??

Safari shows black screen when playing Youtube. In Chrome uses HTML5....

I can use XBMC in 10.9.3 now too!!!

@anzahnedra: yes i installed the clover configurater app..

I am a newbie. Installed Niresh OS X 10.9.0 on my Portege R705-P25. Removed AppleIntelHDGraphics*. Then updated to 10.9.3. Followed the guide to fix my graphics but have no luck. Tried all 3 framebuffer categories of SingleLink with LCD+VGA LW1 through LW4 as suggested but nothing works. The boot screen show the spinning wheel freezes. Each time I install one of the suggested framebuffer kext (along with the other 4 kexts) the desktop won't show. It got past DSMOS but no desktop. The only way the desktop shows is when I delete all AppleIntelHDGraphics*. Don't know what else to do. Wondering if I am doning something wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

My specs:

Triple boot Windows, Xubuntu, OSX using grub2

Portege R705-P25 i3-350m

intel_reg_dump show: PCH_LVDS: 0x80300302 (enabled, pipe A, 18 bit, 1 channel)

org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Credits</key>
<string>www.Niresh.co</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768x32</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 dart=0</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>y</string>
</dict>
</plist>

smbios.plist:

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>Niresh12495.com</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F22589C8</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBook Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookPro6,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C02CGEE6DC79</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I am a newbie. Installed Niresh OS X 10.9.0 on my Portege R705-P25. Removed AppleIntelHDGraphics*. Then updated to 10.9.3. Followed the guide to fix my graphics but have no luck. Tried all 3 framebuffer categories of SingleLink with LCD+VGA LW1 through LW4 as suggested but nothing works. The boot screen show the spinning wheel freezes. Each time I install one of the suggested framebuffer kext (along with the other 4 kexts) the desktop won't show. It got past DSMOS but no desktop. The only way the desktop shows is when I delete all AppleIntelHDGraphics*. Don't know what else to do. Wondering if I am doning something wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

My specs:

Triple boot Windows, Xubuntu, OSX using grub2

Portege R705-P25 i3-350m

intel_reg_dump show: PCH_LVDS: 0x80300302 (enabled, pipe A, 18 bit, 1 channel)

org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Credits</key>
<string>www.Niresh.co</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768x32</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 dart=0</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>y</string>
</dict>
</plist>

smbios.plist:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>Niresh12495.com</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F22589C8</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBook Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookPro6,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C02CGEE6DC79</string>
</dict>
</plist>

After some trial and errors and reinstalling everything over again, it turns out that if I don't install the framebuffer kext I am able to boot into the desktop with transparency on. I installed qe/ci graphics kexts minus framebuffer. In fact installing the ci kexts works too, but this is not surprising as they're the same (I guess). The only problem that I have still is I can't get native resolution of 1366x768x32. Have tried the section of the guide on eDP fix for resolution but doesn't work. Current resolution is 1280x720. Any suggestion on how to get native resolution or by fixing the framebuffer?

After some trial and errors and reinstalling everything over again, it turns out that if I don't install the framebuffer kext I am able to boot into the desktop with transparency on. I installed qe/ci graphics kexts minus framebuffer. In fact installing the ci kexts works too, but this is not surprising as they're the same (I guess). The only problem that I have still is I can't get native resolution of 1366x768x32. Have tried the section of the guide on eDP fix for resolution but doesn't work. Current resolution is 1280x720. Any suggestion on how to get native resolution or by fixing the framebuffer?

are you using natit?  and in the cham.plist use Yes :) and try again

What about integrating these kexts into my usb flash drive installer ? Lets say, that i picked right combination of kexts / framebuffer, that works for my laptop, then if i would copy these new kexts and replace the old ones in osx setup in system/library/extensions, then my intel graphics should work from the very beginning, right ? I mean, now the installer runs at 1024x768 without intel drivers with laggy animations and so on, so if kexts integration into setup would work, then i should get good graphics and native resolution at setup too ?

What about integrating these kexts into my usb flash drive installer ? Lets say, that i picked right combination of kexts / framebuffer, that works for my laptop, then if i would copy these new kexts and replace the old ones in osx setup in system/library/extensions, then my intel graphics should work from the very beginning, right ? I mean, now the installer runs at 1024x768 without intel drivers with laggy animations and so on, so if kexts integration into setup would work, then i should get good graphics and native resolution at setup too ?

From my experience, this will enable acceleration on the installer itself, but the vanilla framebuffer kext will still be installed on the partition you selected. You'd have to manually copy the framebuffer from the installer to the partition using terminal and repair permissions. I've done that before, so it isn't an issue.

Someone have a generic LCD icon in Displays Preferences instead of a MacBook Pro icon?

I have it since I installed 10.9.3 from scratch. Before in 10.9 and 10.9.1 I had a MacBook Pro icon.

this is how i got full qe/ci in yosemite DP1

i used the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext the lcd lw1 from 10.9 and the AppleHDGraphics.kext from 10.9 the files off this site .. and then i used the AppleHDGraphicsGAplugin.kext from yosemite and the AppleHDGraphicsGLdriver bundle and the IntelHDGraphicsVAdriverbundle 

the frame buffer will obviously differ between systems  i have only tested this with my acer aspire 5741 series laptop   i should also add i used kext utility to install them  i hope this helps anyone who needs it 

this is how i got full qe/ci in yosemite DP1

i used the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext the lcd lw1 from 10.9 and the AppleHDGraphics.kext from 10.9 the files off this site .. and then i used the AppleHDGraphicsGAplugin.kext from yosemite and the AppleHDGraphicsGLdriver bundle and the IntelHDGraphicsVAdriverbundle 

the frame buffer will obviously differ between systems  i have only tested this with my acer aspire 5741 series laptop   i should also add i used kext utility to install them  i hope this helps anyone who needs it 

thanks now I feel hope for the best

to install the kext using kext wizard

So, if i want to use my intel hd graphics with yosemite, i have to patch my own framebuffer kext, right ? And do i still need then those other kexts from 10.8.5 or 10.9.x, if i will patch my own framebuffer kext ? I mean, are there any changes made to other kexts than framebuffer, or i can just use all the default kexts, that comes with 10.10, and just patch framebuffer myself ?

And will that intel hd patcher work with 10.10 kexts ? it says that it works mavericks, but i wonder if it will work with 10.10 too.

btw, you can check your display connector type in windows too, just right click on desktop -> graphics properties -> options and support -> information center -> select buid-in display (at top) -> connector type (mine shows lvds).

Update :

I tried patching framebuffer, but i got error, tha it couldnt patch with singlelink, but duallink worked and patch completed. Then i tried to patch dsdt so i wouldnt need natit kext, did everything as first post said, but at the end i got error "code 4064 object does not exist", and the line number pointed to variable Local0, which is right after "Hacks are put in here". Long story short, osx just froze in the progress, and i havent tested neither of my patched things, and now i cant even boot. Not to mention, that this whole patching took some time, because in beta versions of osx even generic video drivers are broken, and instead of 64 mb of vram, that full versions of osx has, developer version shows only 3 mb of vram, and because of that all animations and actions goes really slow, like in matrix.