[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

i've tried but still no luck. now it give me an error like "missing bluetooth controller transport!"

im not familiar with clover.. what bootflags did you use? should i use "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" on bootArgs?

by the way to boot Yoyemite partition im using USBdrive, not installed in partition.

and bootflags "-v kext-dev-mode=1 ncpi=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnable=No" without any IntelHDGraphics kexts (in mycase)

Edit:

works now using patchVBios, but without intelHDGraphics kexts installed in System/Library/Extensions/.

so laggy..

ss1.png

image.png

what setting did you use to patch 10.9.3 i'll try patching it for you

Hi,

Maybe a stupid question but (Have a edp contector):

Can I aspect that video playback using DVD player, VLC, mplayer or xbmc will work when I have CI only.?

I ask this because it looks like everything works (Youtube HD) but no video player wil work. Some crash , DVD player says A valid device could not be found for blayback for example....

Regards

Hi,

Maybe a stupid question but (Have a edp contector):

Can I aspect that video playback using DVD player, VLC, mplayer or xbmc will work when I have CI only.?

I ask this because it looks like everything works (Youtube HD) but no video player wil work. Some crash , DVD player says A valid device could not be found for blayback for example....

Regards

Not to sure maybe someone with CI only might respond better,but i think there is a way to make vlc work without full gfx stack

not sure if its an older version but you can check out google.Those programs might have hardware acceleration hard coded.

and have you ever tried an external monitor to see if you get the complete experience?

No I didn't try an external monitor yet, more focussed on video playback.

When I use mplayer for example, it can show video in a window (DVD disk). but when fullscreen is switched, I got a destorted video file. I can go back to the window again and I have normal video....

XBMC crashes when started.....

DVD player says  gives the video playback error...

Hi still finding out things regarding video playback.

When I remove the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext i can start XBMC and plays video using VAD hardware acceleration. The VAD  is installed using the CI installation according the 1st post…??

So any idea why this app is not started with AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext is installed? The videos must be played using VAD. VAD is mentioned in the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext…… 

Has anybody had any problems with OpenGL at all? I have full QE/CI enabled, but games like Minecraft and Half Life 2 are having problems with Transparent Textures. I checked both their debugs and all is pointing back to OpenGL Errors with the ID's of 1238 and 1208. I have a feeling this is related to the Intel HD Open GL plugin somehow. But I could be wrong.

Here Are The files for 10.10

https://anonfiles.com/file/a748010260d526af08e0b3136a961b00

and patcher

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=141684

the file named AppleIntelHDGraphics.FBUnpatched.kext should be renamed accordingly to AppIentelHDGraphicsFB.kext and patched with the respective settings ie. the settings you used in patching previous iterations of the frame-buffer

AppleIntelHDGraphics.FBpatched.kext is one patched by me with lvds+vga additionally the plist is edited to have powermanagement off

Remember to rebuild kext-cache,if you use kextutility or a similar app then this process is optional

i use kext your intel HD but monitor not full :( and this have 2 card intel HD but 1 card full QE/CI and 1 card no kext load

plz fix :( tks

post-1053696-0-73403700-1402743160_thumb.png

post-1053696-0-88756100-1402743181_thumb.png

post-1053696-0-86120800-1402743206_thumb.jpg

post-1053696-0-44155900-1402743236_thumb.jpg

My Hackintosh Niresh Lion 10.7.2 is booting with native resolution using the chameleon module, however there's no CI/QE!

the OP only has info for ML and Maver

Any tips to get Lion working here?

it's a toshiba Satellite A665-S5170 i3 Laptop btw.

tia

My Hackintosh Niresh Lion 10.7.2 is booting with native resolution using the chameleon module, however there's no CI/QE!

tia

Your graphic card is GT 330M, right ?

Use it.

Don't use Intel HD Graphics...

Just install Mavericks and use GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Your graphic card is GT 330M, right ?

Use it.

Don't use Intel HD Graphics...

Just install Mavericks and use GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

No I don't have nVidia

Intel

®Core™ i3-380M Processor o 2.53 GHz, 3MB Cache
 Mobile Intel
®
HM55 Express Chipset
 Mobile Intel
®
HD Graphics with 64MB-1696MB dynamically allocated
shared graphics memory

No I don't have nVidia

Intel

®Core™ i3-380M Processor o 2.53 GHz, 3MB Cache
 Mobile Intel
®
HM55 Express Chipset
 Mobile Intel
®
HD Graphics with 64MB-1696MB dynamically allocated
shared graphics memory

Oh, ok, i'm sorry, wrong notebook !  :P 

This kext's only work on Mountain Lion and Mavericks... 

Don't work on Snow Leopard or Lion  :wink_anim:

Installed Mountain Lion. The Kext work I got CI enabled.

Installed Mavericks. The Kext from 10.9.3 don't work. Got a distorted screen....

Any ideas???

Install Natit, maybe it help...

I've a question... (or a problem)

When i'm playing Counter-strike 1.6 (very old game), when i zoom AWP, my screen go Black.

I'm posting a screenshot to show better...

I've tried Counter-strike 1.6 STEAM and No Steam and the problem still  :(

post-997542-0-69018800-1403036790_thumb.png

Installed Mountain Lion. The Kext work I got CI enabled.

Installed Mavericks. The Kext from 10.9.3 don't work. Got a distorted screen....

Any ideas???

Weird, should work fine. All you need is the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, AppleIntelHDGraphicsGL.bundle and AppleIntelHDGraphicsVA.bundle. Make sure that if you are using Clover, disable Intel injection. Maybe you have wrong Intel graphics igpu? to little information

tia

I'm not sure if Toshiba laptops can enable QE/CI. You have to install Mountain Lion 10.8.5 or Mavericks. Lion and anything else is not supported.

Has anybody had any problems with OpenGL at all? I have full QE/CI enabled, but games like Minecraft and Half Life 2 are having problems with Transparent Textures. I checked both their debugs and all is pointing back to OpenGL Errors with the ID's of 1238 and 1208. I have a feeling this is related to the Intel HD Open GL plugin somehow. But I could be wrong.

As for gaming in OS X, it can be that the Intel HD Graphics kexts weren't really programmed for games. So this can be an issue with Apple and their kexts. If you really need to play games, consider dual booting Windows for games and OS X for everything else.

When i'm playing Counter-strike 1.6 (very old game), when i zoom AWP, my screen go Black.

Same thing as said above. OS X and the Intel HD Graphics IGPU probably have bugs when it comes to games. If you really need to play games, dual boot Windows. Besides games on Windows perform better than OS X for some reason.

If you are wondering why the Intel HD Graphics IGPU has bugs, its because Apple never intended people to use the IGPU for games. In a real MacBook Pro with Arrandale processors, they switch to the NVIDIA GPU. Apple probably didn't want to spend time fixing this anyway. Not sure if this is fixed in OS X Yosemite.

for me it's working without problem.. 

Screen%20Shot%202014-06-18%20at%2011.59.

I am trying to boot up mavericks and I keep getting an error regarding Bluetooth. I have searched around and found it is connected to the HD4000.

Does anyone know how I can boot the system with the HD4000 and have full qe/ci?

Thanks

Weird, should work fine. All you need is the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, AppleIntelHDGraphicsGL.bundle and AppleIntelHDGraphicsVA.bundle. Make sure that if you are using Clover, disable Intel injection. Maybe you have wrong Intel graphics igpu? to little information

I have the intel (8086) Device 0046 (i3 380M)

I installed mountain lion n hard disk (works fine)  and to test mavericks on a USB disk. Clover boot is install on the USB disk too. Copied the clover configuration from Mountain Lion to the USB disk with mavericks.  So clover configuration is same for ML and Mavericks.

Installed the CI 10.9.3 with kext utility for mavericks.... 

Is the kext utility maybe causing this problem. Which kext installer do you use for mavericks?

• Like 1

I have the intel (8086) Device 0046 (i3 380M)

I installed mountain lion n hard disk (works fine)  and to test mavericks on a USB disk. Clover boot is install on the USB disk too. Copied the clover configuration from Mountain Lion to the USB disk with mavericks.  So clover configuration is same for ML and Mavericks.

Installed the CI 10.9.3 with kext utility for mavericks.... 

Is the kext utility maybe causing this problem. Which kext installer do you use for mavericks?

I use Kext Utility as well. I'm not sure what's going on. What if you install 10.9.2 or earlier versions of the CI kexts? If its the same result, I believe maybe Clover is doing something unless you have the AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA kext somewhere hidden in the Extensions folder. Check thourougly that Intel injection is disabled in Clover and make sure that AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA is nowhere to be found. Not in Clover folders nor in Extensions folder.

I am trying to boot up mavericks and I keep getting an error regarding Bluetooth. I have searched around and found it is connected to the HD4000.

Does anyone know how I can boot the system with the HD4000 and have full qe/ci?

Thanks

There are many threads on HD4000 here but this thread is for 1st Gen Intel HD Graphics. I do not think bluetooth is the problem. Delete all of the Intel kexts in the Extensions folder and that should force OS X to show the desktop without graphics acceleration.

• Like 1