[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

If you noticed in my guide, there is only 1 download link for CI only package and QE/CI package. This is because the packages are now available at InsanelyMac Downloads section. You can still download the older 10.8.5 packages for OS X Mountain Lion. That will probably be the last package for OS X Mountain Lion users. For OS X Mavericks, the 10.9.2 packages are now available. You can still download the old OS X Mavericks packages if you need to, but remember that having the latest release of OS X is recommended, especially if there are security issues. 

These packages are now exclusive to all InsanelyMac members, so you need to be a member and you have to log in to download them. I have been planning this transition since the longest because MEGA and their flash player requirement became annoying. The file size limit has increased to the point where I am able to upload these packages successfully. 

That is all for now. 

• Like 1

Great work, GhostRaider!!!

BdORApc.png
I just recently updated my system to 10.9.2 and it seems it's working including brightness and "sleep/wake up issue" but I had one concern about the driver.

Ever since I'm using mavericks I do seem having this log from the kernel...  :(
Is there any way I could prevent this?

Anyway thank you for all of your hard work...

IOMemoryDescriptor 0x9aaf6213b30be957 prepared read only
Backtrace 0xffffff80006b9dbe 0xffffff7f818be0e1 0xffffff7f818c8fe2 0xffffff8000692f1f 0xffffff8000692adf 0xffffff800068e6b9 0xffffff8000693633
      Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
         com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphics(8.2.4)[84DE8845-D8E6-3C61-B457-1AC155AEF904]@0xffffff7f818a0000->0xffffff7f8195ffff
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[EDA75271-4E9D-34E7-A2C5-14F0C8817D37]@0xffffff7f808bb000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(2.4.1)[4421462D-2B1F-3540-8EEA-9DFCB0565E39]@0xffffff7f81180000
IOMemoryDescriptor 0x9aaf6213b30b9557 prepared read only
Backtrace 0xffffff80006b9dbe 0xffffff7f818be2db 0xffffff7f818c8fe2 0xffffff8000692f1f 0xffffff8000692adf 0xffffff800068e6b9 0xffffff8000693633
      Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
         com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphics(8.2.4)[84DE8845-D8E6-3C61-B457-1AC155AEF904]@0xffffff7f818a0000->0xffffff7f8195ffff
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[EDA75271-4E9D-34E7-A2C5-14F0C8817D37]@0xffffff7f808bb000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(2.4.1)[4421462D-2B1F-3540-8EEA-9DFCB0565E39]@0xffffff7f81180000

I am trying to boot into Mac OS X Mountain Lion but I can't, appears an eternal spinning wheel. I had to delete all IntelGraphicsHD kexts from penboot, so it installs Ok, but now I am not booting up on Mountain Lion. Any suggestion? I deleted all kexts related to IntelHDGraphics and nothing... Should I put Natit.kext on USB Mac OS X installer? What can I do? Well, I'm waiting for suggestions.

I am trying to boot into Mac OS X Mountain Lion but I can't, appears an eternal spinning wheel. I had to delete all IntelGraphicsHD kexts from penboot, so it installs Ok, but now I am not booting up on Mountain Lion. Any suggestion? I deleted all kexts related to IntelHDGraphics and nothing... Should I put Natit.kext on USB Mac OS X installer? What can I do? Well, I'm waiting for suggestions.

I'm sorry but this thread is only for laptops. Desktop users with integrated graphics cannot enable graphics acceleration (QE/CI) with Intel HD Graphics. However you may be able to install a dedicated graphics card. 

I'm sorry but this thread is only for laptops. Desktop users with integrated graphics cannot enable graphics acceleration (QE/CI) with Intel HD Graphics. However you may be able to install a dedicated graphics card. 

But it's impossible? I want to use it with i3 530 and DH55PJ until I change to HD 3000 or later. I want to know if it's possible to have Intel Graphics HD 100% working on any Mac OS X, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion or Mavericks, but on Desktop systems.

1st gen Intel HD Graphics does not work on desktops with any OS X. Apple never coded the kexts for desktop systems which means that its not supported. If you have a laptop with 1st Gen Intel HD Graphics, then yes it would have worked.

1st gen Intel HD Graphics does not work on desktops with any OS X. Apple never coded the kexts for desktop systems which means that its not supported. If you have a laptop with 1st Gen Intel HD Graphics, then yes it would have worked.

But with HD 2000, HD 3000, HD 4000 or HD 5000 it's possible, yes? I think I'll upgrade to HD 3000.

But with HD 2000, HD 3000, HD 4000 or HD 5000 it's possible, yes? I think I'll upgrade to HD 3000.

I cannot guarantee you that these will work, since you're talking about a desktop. Usually people with desktops buy dedicated graphics cards like NVIDIA or ATI to run OS X (I'm not sure why you don't want to buy one). If you have questions about this, ask other users in the forums. I'm not familiar with those IGPUs.

I cannot guarantee you that these will work, since you're talking about a desktop. Usually people with desktops buy dedicated graphics cards like NVIDIA or ATI to run OS X (I'm not sure why you don't want to buy one). If you have questions about this, ask other users in the forums. I'm not familiar with those IGPUs.

In fact I have one, but I'll sell it, because it generates freeze and I found people saying HD 3000 or later are fine, I just want to confirm.

I can't get this to work ( CI ) and I must admit it is killing my ego a tad. I have "eDP"so only CI is available

per Intel HD Graphics patcher - linux intel_reg_dumper analyse. I include a snapshot that has current

files plus graphics output of Info.

Mavericks 10.9.1 on Intel Core i3 (430)

Thanks 

jhawk

BugMe.png

I can't get this to work ( CI ) and I must admit it is killing my ego a tad. I have "eDP"so only CI is available

per Intel HD Graphics patcher - linux intel_reg_dumper analyse. I include a snapshot that has current

files plus graphics output of Info.

Thanks 

jhawk

BugMe.png

Are you using GMA 5700 HD (desktop) like me? If yes, how do you get to this resolution? I really need this!

Marcos393

I think you failed to notice 1280x1024x32.

However, if i'm in error here is org.chamleon.Boot.plist:

Did you note the comment above that stated this driver will not work on the "Desktop" 

that answered my question. They say "RTFM" i failed to do that well enough!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>SkipAtiGfx</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SkipNvidiaGfx</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Marcos393

I think you failed to notice 1280x1024x32.

However, if i'm in error here is org.chamleon.Boot.plist:

Did you note the comment above that stated this driver will not work on the "Desktop" 

that answered my question. They say "RTFM" i failed to do that well enough!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>SkipAtiGfx</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SkipNvidiaGfx</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

On HD Graphics perhaps, but on HD Graphics 3000 I think it will be ok.

Anyone have AGPM working properly with the 1st Generation HD Graphics?

I'm on a Thinkpad X201(with LPC, HPET, SpeedStep and C/P States enabled), and my cores are getting quite toasty (5-8C higher than Windows) with QE/CI enabled.

I'm totally stumped on what to do next- Vendor8086Device0046 is in AGPM.kext, but I'm still getting [AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform messages in the system log :(

HI everyone, i have a i5 450m arrandale, with intel HD Graphics integrated and a Ati mobility radeon hd 5650.

I went on ubuntu, and i found out that i'm a eDp user, so i installed the CI kext, but mavericks won't boot.

For normal boot, i go to bios and set Graphics to "Discrete"...with discrete, i think, the intel hd graphics is disabled...does this kest allows me to boot with "Switchable" instead of "Discrete"?

If yes, what am i doing wrong?

Thanks to all!

HI everyone, i have a i5 450m arrandale, with intel HD Graphics integrated and a Ati mobility radeon hd 5650.

I went on ubuntu, and i found out that i'm a eDp user, so i installed the CI kext, but mavericks won't boot.

For normal boot, i go to bios and set Graphics to "Discrete"...with discrete, i think, the intel hd graphics is disabled...does this kest allows me to boot with "Switchable" instead of "Discrete"?

Thanks to all!

no. This kexts will allow you to boot with switchable but it wont switch to the discrete one, it will always use the intel hd. Afaik hackintosh can't do vga switch

And for op. Thanks for the kexts

no. This kexts will allow you to boot with switchable but it wont switch to the discrete one, it will always use the intel hd. Afaik hackintosh can't do vga switch

And for op. Thanks for the kexts

so, what am i doing wrong? :S 

I set "switchable" in bios, but when i boot in os x i get error (the spinning circle under the apple logo blocked).

That's what i've done:

Installed kexts, rebuilded cache, rebooted with "switchable" with graphicsenabler= yes and graphicsenabler=no. it make no difference: always error.

Am i wrong in something?

Anyway, sure, thanks for this kext! If i'll make this works on my laptop, will be the usefull kext for my hackintosh!

edit

just tried with GraphicsEnabler=No and with "switchable" setted on BIOS, and that's what i get:

post-1300524-0-03263600-1394681043_thumb.jpg

try install natit.kext and/or remove all amd kexts.

can u use the amd (discreet) one to boot? 

what do you mean with "can u use the amd(discrete) one to boot"?

I can boot mac os x ONLY with discrete mode, with switchable i get this error, if this is what you meant.

Anyway, are you saying that if i want to boot with intel graphics i have to uninstall all amd kext?? O_O Can i set the boot loading just the appleintel kexts??

Look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edW8OyxXHc8

he can use and switch graphic card from os x...can we do that too?

Thanks to all!

There are some computers that give you the option in the BIOS to either boot using the dedicated GPU or the integrated Intel HD Graphics IGPU. Since you have disabled  the Intel IGPU, your computer is allowing full access to the dedicated AMD Graphics GPU on OS X. There is no point in fixing your Intel HD Graphics. You have to make your AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650 work on OS X. Search the forums and i'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

There are some computers that give you the option in the BIOS to either boot using the dedicated GPU or the integrated Intel HD Graphics IGPU. Since you have disabled  the Intel IGPU, your computer is allowing full access to the dedicated AMD Graphics GPU on OS X. There is no point in fixing your Intel HD Graphics. You have to make your AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650 work on OS X. Search the forums and i'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

yes, but my pc has got this option! If i set "Switchable" my pc boots with intel and amd activated...anyway, i found another option in bios (lvds-sdvo), that if enabled and boot without any vga plugged, i can have qe/ci both (it appear to me "enabled" in ubuntu command)...

i have all hardware right, rights ids...it has to works on me too! :( seriously, i think it's just something that i make wrong...

ok, since i don't have support for make this intel working ( :( ) i have another question:  

can i boot in "switchable" graphics mode activated, maybe forcing os to not load some kext that allows the operative system to see that the internal graphic is enabled...i don't know how to do, i already tried "skip intel gfx" but it crashes at the boot...i want to boot with "switchable" mode activated so i can use windows and mac both without changing any options from the bios!

So, returning to the point: is there a way to avoid that my mac os x detect that "Switchable" mode is activated and so forcing to use just my discrete graphics card?

thank you :)

Hi, everyone. It's been a while since I showed up here, but here I am needing some help or pointing direction as to how can I update my Mavericks 10.9 to 10.9.2 without seeing black or grey screen with no mouse nor icons etc.

What I did was to download and manually install the Maverics OS Combo update 10.9.2 after what I just removed the existing kexts in /S/L/E and installed the working ones with a single led screen frame buffer (confirmed to be working perfectly for 10.9). After fixing rights and cache with kextwizzard and/or any other app for that job I am rebooting. After the initial boot I see the screen to flicker for a second and goes to black with no icons.

Trying to boot in safe mode (-x) and/or using GraphicsEnabler=no does not help much as well as some of the combinations of: npci=0x2000 (or 3000), busratio=16 (that is for my CPU), pcirootuid=1, cpus=1, -f etc.

So if I restore my Mavericks to 10.9 it is all perfectly working (well at least what I need) but after the update it seems as I have some other problems to solve but what...?