[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

Thanks! Work perfectly on Lenovo G560 with Natit, QE/CI. I was searching for a solution to get my Intel HD Graphics to works for months. No brightness control (too lazy to patch DSDT)

Thanks! Work perfectly on Lenovo G560 with Natit, QE/CI. I was searching for a solution to get my Intel HD Graphics to works for months. No brightness control (too lazy to patch DSDT)

Well friend, welcome to the OS X family.  :)

None of the Framebuffers work on HP pro book 4520s. The first one loads with natit but get stucks on a white screen. Help plz!!!

On 10.8.2 Core i3 380M 2.53Ghz

Your HP Probook 4520 is fully compatible. I'm not sure why your trying to install 10.8.4 kexts on 10.8.2. You must update your OS X installation friend.

For QE/CI -> I have LVDS cable. So, I use the method with "7. Giofrida's Intel HD Graphics Patcher".

For Brightness -> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287133-guide-backlight-brightness-for-intel-80860046-1st-gen-hd-gma-5700mhd/

Warning, it's really hard to do this DSDT patch.

Do you find any problems in the DP are you happy with the quailty?

I think i need to use my integrated graphics card (Intel HD 3000, Z68P-DS3 motherboard) since I can not manage to get QE/CI with my Radeon 6950..

Does this work? I've clearly seen that theres a higher success using the HD3000 card and get QE/CI working on stationary computers..

I think i need to use my integrated graphics card (Intel HD 3000, Z68P-DS3 motherboard) since I can not manage to get QE/CI with my Radeon 6950..

Does this work? I've clearly seen that theres a higher success using the HD3000 card and get QE/CI working on stationary computers..

THis work with 10.8.4 i7 4770K?

HD4600

Please stop asking about other intel hd models. Intel gma 5700 IS THE ONLY COMPATIBLE MODEL.

Well friend, welcome to the OS X family.  :)

Your HP Probook 4520 is fully compatible. I'm not sure why your trying to install 10.8.4 kexts on 10.8.2. You must update your OS X installation friend.

Thank you. Loving every single bit of OS X (even without QE) 

Is the update really really necessary? I am too afraid to update what if it bricks something?

Took me about a week to get OS X working (had to reinstall win7 too so 2 days were for repairing drives and getting my data out)

is there any chance to get qe on Hp Elitebook 8440p with edp cable?

As far as I know I don't think there will be support for eDP displays. I'm not sure if anyone is working on that.  Not saying that its impossible but someone has to have a great knowledge in analyzing the framebuffer but only Apple knows that. Not sure if developers here want to take a look at the framebuffer and see what else can be found. A guy named bbc9 seems to know a lot about the Intel HD Graphics IGPU series but I don't think he's willing to help us out on an old IGPU.

Please stop asking about other intel hd models. Intel gma 5700 IS THE ONLY COMPATIBLE MODEL.

Thank you Giofrida. I don't know how people miss the big sign saying 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics. Sorry people this thread is only for 2010 Arrandale processors. There are many forums out here on InsanelyMac for 2011 Sandy Bridge and 2012 Ivy Bridge.

any successful case on PCs with 1st gen HD card?

plz show merce !!!!

I have a question for you. Most desktop PCs have the capability to have dedicated graphics cards. Why would you want the Intel HD Graphics IGPU to work? I find that odd. To get the best performance, buy an AMD Radeon graphics card that is compatible with OS X and that can also fit inside your PC. 

Although the 2010 iMacs did have Clarkdale processors, the Intel HD Graphics IGPU was never utilized and Apple didn't bother adding support for it. Desktop PCs with 1st Gen Intel HD Graphics is not supported, but you guys are lucky since you can easily add dedicated graphics cards. 

I remember even my 2003 HP Pavilion desktop had an NVIDIA IGPU but I opened it up and found out it had capabilities to have a dedicated graphics card. It was pretty interesting.

Thank you. Loving every single bit of OS X (even without QE) 

Is the update really really necessary? I am too afraid to update what if it bricks something?

Took me about a week to get OS X working (had to reinstall win7 too so 2 days were for repairing drives and getting my data out)

I understand that updating is scary sometimes, but its not as bad as it looks. The only thing you have to worry about are the kexts that you have modified but they must be official Apple kexts. If its FakeSMC or VoodooPS2 or some other 3rd party kext, they won't get touched. But if its something like AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext or AppleHDA.kext and you have modified them, they will get replaced. 

Remember this. If you have modified Apple kexts, back them up since the combo update installer will replace them. Simple steps:

1. Download the 10.8.4 combo installer.

2. Go to System/Library/Extensions and back up the official Apple kexts you have modified.

3. Run the 10.8.4 combo installer and let it install. When it finishes, DO NOT press restart. 

4. Go to System/Library/Extensions and delete all the AppleIntelHDGraphics kexts and all the Apple kexts that need to be modified. (For example, if you have a patched AppleHDA, the installer would have installed a new AppleHDA and you need to delete that.)

5. Open Kext Utility and let it rebuild cache and stuff. Then once its done drag the modified Apple kexts that you have backed up into the Kext Utility window and let it rebuild cache again. Close it once its done.

6. Go back to the combo installer and press Restart.

7. You should be back at the desktop. Now you can follow the steps to enable QE/CI. 

Its not hard to be honest.

i have dell inspiron n5010 6GB ram i have LVDS display i ran the intel_reg_dump in linux but i am still able to enable only CI why QE is not enabled i am running 10..8.4 with myhack on dell inspiorn5010 core i3 M370...plz Members help i do use the giofrida intel hd patcher and i have tried almost every kext but still no hope.framebuffer kexts loads with out a problem but as soon as i install intehHDGraphics.kexts ,upon restarting my screen get distored unable to use that distorted display i have smbios.plist of imac..plz help me i have been stuck at it over 5 months

there is a big possibilty that your disp;ay is edp and not ldvs which means that only CI can work can you confirm what your display is

i ran the intel reg dump and it says the LVDS enabled i can show u my intel_reg_dump.but it is confirmed i have LVDS display but still stuck at only CI.what do i need to do?perhaps DSDT edit.but i am noob here.i have installed using myhack on dell inspironn5010 corei3 370M 10.8.4.do u recommend me some other ways or other version i am using smbios.plist of imac..guide me people plz

Thanks for the prompt reply GhostRaider.

So I updated to 10.8.4 still unable to get anything working. OS X loads proper but the screen remains blank. If I connect my iPod it does make the audible alert. Everything else must be working too except for graphics.

Just wondering: Has anyone tried Kext patching via Clover?  I know it can do hex edits on the fly, and one added benefit is that as long as the hex edits don't change, you can update and run our integrated GPU seamlessly without having to patch it manually or roll back to an older patched kext.  See what I mean here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282787-clover-v2-instructions/?do=findComment&comment=1853204

Just wondering: Has anyone tried Kext patching via Clover?  I know it can do hex edits on the fly, and one added benefit is that as long as the hex edits don't change, you can update and run our integrated GPU seamlessly without having to patch it manually or roll back to an older patched kext.  See what I mean here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282787-clover-v2-instructions/?do=findComment&comment=1853204

No, but the patch could be added to Clover (send a feature request). It's need a more complex patch. But it may be possible after all. :)

i have dell inspiron n5010 6GB ram i have LVDS display i ran the intel_reg_dump in linux but i am still able to enable only CI why QE is not enabled i am running 10..8.4 with myhack on dell inspiorn5010 core i3 M370...plz Members help i do use the giofrida intel hd patcher and i have tried almost every kext but still no hope.framebuffer kexts loads with out a problem but as soon as i install intehHDGraphics.kexts ,upon restarting my screen get distorted unable to use that distorted display i have smbios.plist of imac..plz help me i have been stuck at it over 5 months.

Hey, just want to toss my 2 cents in here. I've been following this form for a while now (thank you very much to everyone and their hard work) and thought i'd create an account to post my own experience. My system is a Toshiba L655-S5155 With an Intel core i5 430m Processor and 1st gen IGPU. The Display is a LVDS connection and thus a pretty good candidate for enabling CI/QE. I followed this guide and patched my own framebuffer, but as soon as i would reboot i would get stuck on the boot screen with a frozen wheel. i was able to remote in and discover that 10.8.4 wasn't detecting my LCD.

The solution was very simple: I had to patch the framebuffer as VGA (Not LCD) then reboot with an external monitor attached to the VGA port. The computer would then boot into OS X, display on the built-in LCD panel, and fully detect it as a built in display with full CI/QE. After it fully booted i could then freely remove the external display and use the built-in display. It continues to work just fine after numerous reboot without needing to reconnect the external display..........so why it needed it connected that 1 time when i applied the framebuffer kext i don't know, but it works great. Just thought i'd pass that along if anyone else is struggling with the frozen boot wheel like i was for weeks. :)