[SOLVED] DSDT error in OS X verbose after Windows shutdown

SRSR333

18 posts in this topic

Well, as the title says, I am not able to boot to OS X desktop with a DSDT in my /Extra folder after I shutdown from Windows on my Samsung RF411 notebook. Verbose mode always hangs somewhere around System State [s0 S3 S5 etc..]

What's the problem?

My system specs:

Samsung NP-RF411-S03SG

Intel Core i7-2630QM

8GB DDR3 RAM 1333 MHz

NVIDIA GT 525M + Intel HD Graphics 3000 NVIDIA Optimus

Windows 7 + OS X 10.8.2 Dual-boot on single hard drive

My laptop isn't with me right now, so I can't upload a photo. But let me elaborate on what happens: after shutting down completely from Windows, I boot up to OS X with Chameleon. I get a hang. I boot up again with boot flag 'DSDT=null' and I can boot to OS X desktop. I think it is indeed something to do with DSDT...

No, self extracted DSDT but I used a patch file from the Olarila forum... No weird stuff happening in the DSDT editor. Only 2 errors and 2 warnings which I corrected myself. I use a DSDT for brightness and audio and battery detection. I prefer DSDT over third-party kexts...

Thank you.

Can you try the following file and see if it solves the problem? Applied basic patches and fixes.

The 2 dsl files differ a lot, and the patched one, did not match the txt, had extra info in it that is not provided by the patch.

Right.. I'm not too literate when it comes to DSDT. What exactly do you mean when you say that the patched DSDT had 'extra info in it that was not provided by the patch'?

I simply extracted my DSDT with DSDT Editor, applied the patch, then edited out errors and warnings with the 'Fix Errors' button in the compiler. I didn't do anything else..

Probably a stupid question but does it hang when booting Mac without any DSDT file?

You don't mention it explicitly in your first post.

If it doesn't, does it hang with a DSDT with fixed errors only?

No, its not a stupid question. Yes, I didn't address it in my first post. OS X only shows this error WHEN I HAVE a DSDT.aml in /Extra folder. As I mentioned earlier, I have to use the boot flag DSDT = null in Chameleon before I boot else I get an error. This error only happens after a shutdown from Windows.

And @Lejenk, yes, I extracted this DSDT in OS X. I used MaciASL to extract, but I use DSDT editor to patch and stuff

So it does! work with a DSDT without any problems whatsoever as long as you don't have any Windows boots in between?

Then it is clearly not a DSDT issue.

EDIT:

What Windows version are you using?

Things that you could try.

- Use patched AppleRTC. I don't know if Chameleon can patch it, otherwise you will need to do it yourself.

- Set Windows to use Unreal err, I mean Universal Clock Time (UTC) :P instead of Local Time (click)

Edited by k3nny

@ k3nny:

I already have a patched AppleRTC.kext. I think I'll try your fix, see if it works, because I have to readjust time every time I switch OS. I'm just wondering if this also happens on a real Mac with Boot Camp.

BTW I use Windows 7 SP1.

@Lejenk:

Yeah, I'll extract my DSDT in Windows and apply the patches in the patch file, see how it works.

Thanks for the help, guys.

• Like 1

Things that you could try.

- Use patched AppleRTC. I don't know if Chameleon can patch it, otherwise you will need to do it yourself.

- Set Windows to use Unreal err, I mean Universal Clock Time (UTC) :P instead of Local Time (click)

Yeah, the time fix fixes my time issue. I've not tried DSDT yet, so have to wait a little..

And after using a DSDT extracted in Windows and then edited in OS X with the patch file, I don't get the error anymore! It works perfectly! Thanks!