New iMac 2013 nvidia drivers

kelobb

21 posts in this topic

I dont think the nvidia drivers are the asked. They are from last 10.8.2 update / Oct 2012 =

304.00.05f02

The newest drivers are in the 10.8.3 dev build updates. (

304.10.65f01)

Yes build 12D61...

But I'm not apple developer and cannot access these builds...

So I;m asking for it.

No prob.

But what exact do you expect from those newer drivers?

I think within next 2 weeks you will get them within the offic. 10.8.3 update.

Or maybe not, they are not the same, size is bigger from imac and Date Modified is later. I have another one GeForceGLDriver.bundle but its too big and can't upload to this forum.

Can you upload it on www.osx86.net and put the link ?

Also i guess we will need your frameworks to make it work :

/System/library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework

/System/library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework

/System/library/PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework

Please correct me anyone if im wrong.

Thanks dude

Or maybe not, they are not the same, size is bigger from imac and Date Modified is later. I have another one GeForceGLDriver.bundle but its too big and can't upload to this forum.

Could you upload it to MediaFire along with the Frameworks that slayer2333 mentioned.

Thanks

Ok, I'm looking for any strings supporting Geforce 660M (10de:0fd4) - In AppleGraphicsPowerManagement no signs of it...

I'm stuck at kext loaded (both GK and NVDAstartup) and no graphics UI...

Hmm maybe Imac with this card has customized kexts?

Hmm, interesting, Slayer2333 so where do You think is hack, osx i loading just like for example card with incorrect PCIRoot(uid) - just no starting to graphic mode, card is recognized, maybe playing with DSDT will help us.

We simply need ioreg dumps from real iMac with GTX660M and compare it.

Thx for sharing files.

Maybe smbios is key - just like intel hd3000...

Anyway we must wait for also official nvidia...

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

What i see in bootlog : Controller: NVidia (Unknown) (vendor ID: 10de, device ID: 0e1b)

At the beginning i was thinking that my graphic card was not recognized but then when i looked closely to that line : device ID: 0e1b is my HDMI out for the 660m GTX and not the graphic card itself (device ID: 0fd4). I would be stupid but does it mean that ML is recognizing the HDMI audio out device as my graphic card and thats why it is not working ?

This dude here : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286220-no-usb-no-bluetooth-no-wifi-any-help/ got his 660m GTX working natively with ML, and it has exactly the same device ID as ours, so i conclude that the drivers are there but not rooted the right way in our machines...

Any ideas on how to make it look at the graphic card as display device instead of the HDMI audio device ?

From my experience recogintion of hdmi audio is not connected to recognition of graphic card, correct me if I'm wrong.

So we have a proof that with 12c54 build (normal 10.8.2?) the gtx660m is correctly recognized (even with 2GB RAM), and newer iMacs and 10.8.3 could help nothing in this manner.

The key maybe is in DSDT as always, maybe famous user "bcc9" could help us debugging the problem - see amd or dell xps guide from him.

Regards