chasingcharlie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Ga-Z77-DS3H
Radeon 5450 512
i3 2120 LGA1155

Could someone please point me to a VERY basic "how to" on editing kext? Is there an application to do this? I mean very basic; I've had a Snow Leopard PC running for a long time and it's only recently in trying to upgrade to Mountain Lion that I've had problems. (My old system won't upgrade.)
Since it's been a while since I've done anything but update my software -- everything was great -- that I realize I'm very rusty -- if I ever was sharp.
I have been very blessed to have Azimutz help me in the past but he's busy and I do need to stand on my own.
So anyone who can help me with this (getting an Radeon 5450 512 running), I would greatly appreciate it. I know I'll have to be able to edit kext sooner or later.
thanks
charlie

chasingcharlie

chasingcharlie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Well, my question was answered on this very forum in a past posting here:
http://www.insanelym...mission-repair/
The answer is text wrangler and I have already used it and it works. I used it to get my Radeon 5450 installed -- and it now works. I'd recommend this to anyone who wants to edit kext. It is really good and, best of all, it is free.
thanks for this!

charlie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy