Lenovo T530 Working with Mountain Lion?

ktroncroz

8 posts in this topic

My company just issued me a Lenovo T530 to replace my 5 year old Dell Inspiron 1720 (running 10.6.8). I am hoping to run Mountain Lion on this new Lenovo T530. Any one have a T530 working with Mountain Lion? This is the high-res model with a Core i5 CPU.

The searching I have turns up a couple of T430 that are sort of working and I can't find anything on a T530. I am hoping someone has this working can provide some pointers or as DSDT file.

I am going to start working from the T420 install threads tonight and see how far I get.

Thanks,

Kevin

After a week or so of workI have 10.8.2 running on it.

USB works out of the box.

Webcam works out of the box.

Sleep is working (uses SleepEnabler)

Audio is working (uses VoodooHDA 2.8.2 - not perfect, no mic input - jacks don't match the real configuration and its a little scratchy.

Bluetooth works with modification to the IOBluetooth kext

HD4000 graphics with EFI string in the info.plist. No idea if the external video ports are working yet.

Wireless doesn't work and won't until someone finds out how to the patch the BIOS white list - Fixed with AWL5088 USB dongle ($13 at amazon).

Voltage and fan speed sensors aren't working.

Speedstepping and such doesn't work yet, because I can't run with NullPowerManagement yet.

Kevin

• 5 months later...

hi kevin,

can you share the config.plist and the content of your EFI folder?
 i use T430, my screen gets blank a minute after passing loading showing ++++ below system UUID.  :(

thanks in advance.

After a week or so of workI have 10.8.2 running on it.

USB works out of the box.
Webcam works out of the box.
Sleep is working (uses SleepEnabler)
Audio is working (uses VoodooHDA 2.8.2 - not perfect, no mic input - jacks don't match the real configuration and its a little scratchy.
Bluetooth works with modification to the IOBluetooth kext
HD4000 graphics with EFI string in the info.plist. No idea if the external video ports are working yet.
Wireless doesn't work and won't until someone finds out how to the patch the BIOS white list - Fixed with AWL5088 USB dongle ($13 at amazon).
Voltage and fan speed sensors aren't working.
Speedstepping and such doesn't work yet, because I can't run with NullPowerManagement yet.

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...