133 replies to this topic

NiPeGun

NiPeGun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

@NiPeGun

I had a look at your uploaded ACPI tables. They are looking so far fine, because there is nothing about IGPU. You could try to insert in your PEG0/GFX0 a DSM method following this guide: http://rampagedev.wo...rd-into-a-dsdt/ In any case you have also to add the DTGP method patch from DSDT Editor or MacIasl. If you are booting with the edited DSDT.aml GraphicsEnabler has to be deactivated.

Can you please upload an Ioreg gethered by IORegestryExplorer app vers 2,1 without the patched DSDT, and if the DSDT is partial working one after booting with the edited DSDT?

Do you get an external display working?

Have fun.

Well, following that guide is just an impossible. Use DSDT editor to take a look into the dsdt I posted above. The graphics card is atached to PEG0. You will see about 2000 lines of code inside PEG0 beeing GFX0 a monster device with a lot of devices inside. Where to put the fcking code?? You can't just replace the whole GFX0 cause it will gives you about 40 errors and you will not be able to compile the dsdt!!

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Please post an IOReg from IORegistryExplorer 2.1. I will give your DSDT a try.

Have fun.

NiPeGun

NiPeGun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

IORegistry save with graphics enabler no

IORegistry save with graphics enabler yes

Attached Files

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

IORegistry save with graphics enabler no

IORegistry save with graphics enabler yes

Try these DSDT files and please report back, if you get with one of the versions NVDAResman.kext loaded. Set at first GE=No and boot with flags -f -v. You could then also try GE=Yes.

I have patched the DSDT with the usual patches, except HDEF DSM method, and all warnings/remarks removed.

I´ll wish you the best, for getting your GTX 670mx at least partial working. :rolleyes:

Have fun.

Attached Files

NiPeGun

NiPeGun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Option 1: DSDT1 without nvdaresman and GE=No is booting and system info recognizes 3072mb vram and name of the card
Option 2: DSDT1 with nvdaresman GE=No: the progress circle freezes
Option 3: DSDT1 with nvdaresman and -f -v freezes on screen #1
Option 4: DSDT1 with nvdaresman and GE=Yes same as above

Now trying DSDT 2...

Attached Files

NiPeGun

NiPeGun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

DSDT2 same behavior as DSDT1 above.

UPDATE: The two DSDTs that you provided panics the system after 2-3 minutes on desktop.

NiPeGun

NiPeGun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

The code we need to solve is in the attached picture. We need to figure out which part of the code on that picture is making NVDAResman to fail. First we need to solve is what type of hardware is each device inside GFX0.

There are several:

CRTD (I assume CRT monitor??)

DPOD

EDPD

HDMI (HDMI audio out ?? or conector HDMI ivdeo??)

HDI2  ???

LCDD (The display of the notebook??)

Attached Files

• Attached File  GFX0.png   78.92KB   5 downloads

NiPeGun

NiPeGun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

@Styrian, the NVCAP extracted from my VBIOS rom is 0400000000000100020000000000000700000000

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Looks good. Try to to compare it with the value you can find in the Ioreg after booting with GE=Yes/No. If it has not the same value in ioreg, the try to inject your extracted value in the org.chameleon.boot.plist. Perhaps, this is then changing something.

Have fun.

NiPeGun

NiPeGun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Well, maybe we are now on the right track.

Without NVDAResman.kext both NVCAP with GE=Yes and GE=No are different to original NVCAP extracted from rom. Being:

Original NVCAP from rom = A

NVCAP with GE = B

NVCAP without GE = C

All of them different

Compassion

Compassion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Did anyone come up with a kext list and config.plist for use with Clover. I know Chameleon is the trail most beaten at this point, but Clover seems to have more perks for the EFI multiboot side of the house. 

Rikoshet

Rikoshet

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Hi NiPeGun! How did you extract NVCAP? I have problem to find a solution for this!

I have a similar problem, no acceleration on quadro k4000m, and I descover an intresting thig that may be can help you!

Do you know how your internal LCD is connected to geforce? iMac and macbookpros uses eDP, but mine uses internal LVDS, so I must find my NVCAP and inject it. eDP is used to connect geforce to IPS or 3D lcd so if you have one of this may be yor problem is diferent...

beton3009

beton3009

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

hello

i am in the same situation and nipgun has changed his lapy with g750 Lucky :P

i have efi string and i inject nvcap in it

NiPeGun

NiPeGun

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Guys, I created a web yesterday, to centralize all stuff related to hackintoshing Asus ROG Notebooks and motherboards. ONLY for Asus ROG products. Not normal Asus products. The web is:

www.roghackintosh.org

Right now I´m creating all the structure for the database and forums. So, it is possible you can´t find your notebook or motherboard. Be patient. Maybe in a few days you can find it operative. I mean, it is operative already, but since the forum will be in english, spanish, french, russian, chinese, portuguese, hebrew, etc, It will take me some time to create all forum structure for all languajes.

If you are and advanced hackintosh user with ROG hardware, and want to help, contact me at contact@roghackintosh.org If you know other languaje than spanish or english I will need your help for sure.

I´m excited with the idea. With a little help from the insanelymac community, we can build a solid ROG hackintosh encyclopedia.

Regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy