Asus G75VX - Mountain Lion

Valse

138 posts in this topic

Hey I think you need to inject the correct connector-type, display-cfg, connector-flags. My theory is that kepler desktop cards and some mobile are working because the type of the conector they use Display port, DVI are working with the detection the driver itself is doing, but if your first display is LVDS like in your case the driver detection is not working. So try to inject with an EFI string.

If you like to try it out let me know and I can generate for you some EFI strings

Good luck

How can I tell the Hackintosh that the graphics is connected to the display trough the displayport instead of hdmi?

Something lime this but applied to nvidia:

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2945-guide-for-enabling-vga-and-hdmi-in-intel-hd4000-gpu/

I'm not entirely sure but here's all of the chameleon boot options:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284994-all-the-possible-boot-options-for-chameleon/

This part interested me though:

display_0=<value> Inject alternate value of display-cfg into NVDA,Display-A@0 (HEX).
display_1=<value> Inject alternate value of display-cfg into NVDA,Display-B@1 (HEX).

Kexts in Mavericks must be signed. according to what I've been reading this week.. We better keep doing ML too. Just in case. When we fix this stuff in ML we can keep growing the thread about Mavericks that I already started.

I already extracted the vbios from the bios and told chameleon to use it with "use nvidia rom". Same results. Meaning that chameleon already see the vbios in normal conditions. So, I think we better focus in tell the system to forget about hdmi. We need to know what files to modify.

After that we modify all the nvidia kexts with our GA info and lets see.

• 2 weeks later...

Well my laptop just crapped the bed exactly like yours did. There must be one kind of a glitch in the bios. So it's not in RMA. In the mean time, I installed mavericks on my big rig and it seems to be much easier to set up with more kexts for more hardware. It may be even easier to try mavericks. Can you post the link for the mavericks thread you started?

Well my laptop just crapped the bed exactly like yours did. There must be one kind of a glitch in the bios. So it's not in RMA. In the mean time, I installed mavericks on my big rig and it seems to be much easier to set up with more kexts for more hardware. It may be even easier to try mavericks. Can you post the link for the mavericks thread you started?

Sorry to hear that. Think might be constant forced power offs etc. BIOS gets corrupted. I'm not making modifications to the BIOS anymore since I use the 1.2.7 usb 3.0 kext.

The thread of mavericks it's located here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291673-asus-g75vx-mavericks/

Whe need to make some multiconference on skype to work faster. Writing we are getting old...

Strange info on notebookcheck about the GTX 670MX:

"However, as most laptops with this graphics card will feature Optimus, the integrated GPU will likely have direct control over the display ports and may limit the feature set available by the Nvidia Kepler cards"

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-670MX.82603.0.html

@NiPeGun

I had a look at your uploaded ACPI tables. They are looking so far fine, because there is nothing about IGPU. You could try to insert in your PEG0/GFX0 a DSM method following this guide: http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/guides/inject-your-nvidia-fermi-and-quadro-graphic-card-into-a-dsdt/ In any case you have also to add the DTGP method patch from DSDT Editor or MacIasl. If you are booting with the edited DSDT.aml GraphicsEnabler has to be deactivated.

Can you please upload an Ioreg gethered by IORegestryExplorer app vers 2,1 without the patched DSDT, and if the DSDT is partial working one after booting with the edited DSDT?

Do you get an external display working?

Have fun.

@NiPeGun

I had a look at your uploaded ACPI tables. They are looking so far fine, because there is nothing about IGPU. You could try to insert in your PEG0/GFX0 a DSM method following this guide: http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/guides/inject-your-nvidia-fermi-and-quadro-graphic-card-into-a-dsdt/ In any case you have also to add the DTGP method patch from DSDT Editor or MacIasl. If you are booting with the edited DSDT.aml GraphicsEnabler has to be deactivated.

Can you please upload an Ioreg gethered by IORegestryExplorer app vers 2,1 without the patched DSDT, and if the DSDT is partial working one after booting with the edited DSDT?

Have fun.

The link on RampageDev you provided says that nvidia GTX 6xx will no longer need that DSDT edits. Plus, point 6 of part 2 says that is only to Fermi cards. This is a Kepler one. Should I do it anyway ??

You should try it indeed. The gtx 670m needs to be recognized at early bootup. For desktop cards the opinion of rampagedev is correct. An other thing are laptops, as you know by yourself.

Have fun.

Yes. Well, I think 670m is a Fermi card. This 670mx is a kepler one. I'll try it anyway.

@NiPeGun

Have fun.

Well, following that guide is just an impossible. Use DSDT editor to take a look into the dsdt I posted above. The graphics card is atached to PEG0. You will see about 2000 lines of code inside PEG0 beeing GFX0 a monster device with a lot of devices inside. Where to put the fcking code?? You can't just replace the whole GFX0 cause it will gives you about 40 errors and you will not be able to compile the dsdt!!

IORegistry save with graphics enabler no

IORegistry save with graphics enabler yes

Try these DSDT files and please report back, if you get with one of the versions NVDAResman.kext loaded. Set at first GE=No and boot with flags -f -v. You could then also try GE=Yes.

I have patched the DSDT with the usual patches, except HDEF DSM method, and all warnings/remarks removed.

I´ll wish you the best, for getting your GTX 670mx at least partial working. :rolleyes:

Have fun.

NiPeGun.zip

Option 1: DSDT1 without nvdaresman and GE=No is booting and system info recognizes 3072mb vram and name of the card

Option 2: DSDT1 with nvdaresman GE=No: the progress circle freezes

Option 3: DSDT1 with nvdaresman and -f -v freezes on screen #1

Option 4: DSDT1 with nvdaresman and GE=Yes same as above

Now trying DSDT 2...

post-898685-0-29497600-1386466306_thumb.jpg