32 replies to this topic

whatcouldbe

whatcouldbe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Thanks for the info Perdu.

when it comes to version 10.6.8 combo upate after the restart but should not replace the mach_kernel with 10.6.8 Mach_kernel_atom to use Kexutility and only after reboot.

I did not understand this part.

Perdu

Perdu

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
when you install the 10.6.8 comboupdate do not have to restart, first you have to rename mach_kernel mach_kernel_old Mach_ Kernel_atom and copy and rename mach_kernel 10.6.8, then use Kext Utility.app to repair extensions
I do not know if I explained it well but unfortunately I do not speak English, mine works fine except as I said rpima the resolution of the video card.
I can just re attach the files I have used.

greetings Perdu

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,111 posts
Again.....step out of the Hackintosh stone age. There is no reason to faff around with renaming kernels.

Let Apple install and update mach_kernel whenever they want.

Keep your atom_kernel (or whatever you want to name it) alongside mach_kernel at the root of your system drive.

Set the kernel you want to load in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>kernel</key>
<string>atom_kernel</string>

Or use /Extra/Modules/KernelPatcher.dylib and never worry about kernels again.

Perdu

Perdu

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
Thanks Gringo Vermelho, so I try and always nice codividere what you know with others.

Can you tell me if there is a solution for 10.6.8_27AE_GMA950 can not get it to work well, the pc works well with a high resolution screen is half the mo I always come back to 1024x600 resolution but the pc slows and work evil with Tab menu of programs.
If it were possible solution would be grateful.

thanks Perdu

whatcouldbe

whatcouldbe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Update: Since I'm recieving a kernel error at start up, I am planning to start the 10.6.0 installation from scratch. Before doing so, I tried ...

1) To boot in safe mode (-x)

2) to boot the recovery partition (recovery=y)

Success! Both got me to the desktop. But when I start regularly, I get the grey apple screen with a VERY slow rotating wheel.

Should I start the installation from scratch, or can I fix this in safe or recovery mode??

Perdu

Perdu

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
hello whatcouldbe try again a clean install when I come to the desk without flags, wing desk when you arrive you can install the 10.6.8 combo update, making sure to install both before rebooting the new kernel and replace the driver extra \ extension repair permissions and restart

Hello Perdu

whatcouldbe

whatcouldbe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I got 10.6.7 installed! Most thing work that I can tell (battery, camera, sounds) EXCEPT WIFI!

I have been trying to find the right solution, but nothing has come to fruition yet. If you know a solution, please let me know.

Perdu

Perdu

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
Hello whatcouldbe, follow this link and find the kext - PCI / mPCI / CB (RT2860/RT2790/RT309x) 05/18/2010 V1.2.2.0 10.3/10.4/10.5

http://www.mediatek....dows.php?sn=502 :wink2:

It works but it is uncomfortable, try it and see how it goes, let me know how the graphics card?
What resolution do you have?

greetings Perdu

Sorry for my english

whatcouldbe

whatcouldbe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I think I'm going to stay at 10.6.7.

I have a resolution of 1024 x 600. followed this guide to install and this guide (post #88) to update. Post #88 has the files I used.

I downloaded and installed the MediaTek driver, nothing seemed to change. Could have have a different WLAN card?

I am thinking of ordering this apple card. Can anyone tell me IS THIS THE RIGHT CARD and HOW SHOULD I INSTALL IT?

whatcouldbe

whatcouldbe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I tried to install Sleepenabler.kext by doing this ...

Download this sleepenabler.kext: http://www.mediafire...jwvrx030c646c4j
create within your /Extra folder an Extensions folder and put the sleepenabler.kext you downloaded in there
Drag the Extensions folder from /Extra you created into the Kext Utility app, let it do its job.
Once done, open up terminal and enter:
sudo chown root:wheel /Extra/Extensions/

and enter your password as requested, voila Sleep works!

I got a kernel error panic after restart!
I assume the important line after booting with -v is: "kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies): sk.triaxis.kext.SleepEnabler(1.0.0)@0x2e684000->0x2e685fff"
Booting with -x or recovery=y doesn't work.

UPDATE!!
I'm DONE! Everything (except sleep) works.

SleepEnabler Kernel Panic
  • To get around SleepEnabler kernel panic boot with : pmVersion=0 arch=i386
  • Delete SleepEnabler.kext from everywhere.
  • Make sure SleepEnabler.kext was emptied out of trash.
  • Ran "UpdateExtra" to fix kexts (Not sure if I had to, but didn't hurt)
  • I've tried a few methods (boot flag: darkwake=0 and darkwake=1 with no luck)
  • In the end, I've just set my System Prefereces/Energy Saver to Never put computer or display to sleep.
WIFI
  • To get Wifi to work, I had to enable the WLAN in BIOS (f2; Advanced; Onboard Devices Configurations; Onboard WLAN [enable]; f10)
    • When I got to desktop the RaLink window popped up.
    • I connected to a wifi my wifinetwork, but the internet did not work.
    • Once I connected and configured my ethernet connection, then disconnected my ethernet wire, the WIFI worked!
  • I've heard people complain about the RaLink Wireless Utility feeling like it's clutter. Here's what I did to make it minimally invasive:
    • Under Site Survey tab, Log onto your network, then Add Profile. Create Profile for that network.
    • Under Profile tab, click network profile and hit Activate.
    • Now, the computer will log onto that network automatically when you start up the computer.
    • Each time you log in, make sure that it connects, then Click RaLink Wireless Utility (up top) and Quit Wireless Utility (or just hit Command+Q)
    • The utility will still run, but will not stay open on your dock.
HotKeys (esp. volume up/down/mute)
  • To designate F12 as System Volume Up (without having to hold down Fn key) I used Spark for Mac (3.0b9).
  • Download and Install Spark
  • Double Click System (Hotkey Group)
  • Enter F12 as shortcut; Volume Up under Action.
  • Repeat for F11 (Volume down); F10 (Mute)
  • Add any other keystrokes you want using Spark!

whatcouldbe

whatcouldbe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
HELP! I'm stuck on blank grey screen.

I was able to update to 10.6.8 with success using this method (#97).

The fix for Sleep and waking from sleep also worked perfectly.

Then, I tried the fix for the Apple App Store and after editing the com.apple.boot.plist and rebooting, I get stuck at a blank grey screen. It's a grey screen after the Apple logo and spinning wheel. That is, when the desktop should appear, I get a blank grey screen.

I've tried booting with -x; -x -v; recovery=y; graphicsenabler=No; but none of those solver the problem. Please, any suggestions???

whatcouldbe

whatcouldbe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Solved!
(Ok, I know I keep posting questions after searching for a few hours without success, then answer my own questions after a few more hours, but hopefully my tribulations can help others in a similar situation).

Problem: I had edited my com.apple.boot.plist file, which was causing the computer to not boot.

Need: To edit the culprit file (back to its original form) without being able to log into the desktop.

Solution: You can edit files from the pre-boot terminal as follows:
  • tap shift at start-up to get to the chameleon bootloader
  • type "-s" to enter single-user mode
  • type "mount -uw /" to mount the hard drive as read/writable
  • type "cd /extra" the file I wanted to edit was in the "extra" folder
  • type "nano [file name]" in my case "nano com.apple.boot.plist" This allows you to edit the file.
  • edit the file however you need
  • follow directions to Exit, Save,
  • type "exit" to boot.

whatcouldbe

whatcouldbe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
NEW WIFI CARD:

I bought an
Apple Airport Extreme Card MA688Z/B BCM94321MC 802.11n

WIFI card on ebay for $20. Plugged it in and it worked right away.

This is much better than using the RaLink software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy