OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Thank you KING! Im going to wait a bit before updating as i'm really happy with 1479 and I use my machine for business. One thing i'm afraid about is that it looks like the boot commands (Verbose, Safe Mode) don't work in the new BIOS. This was great help for me when having issues on boot. Never the less, thank you for your continued support!

One thing i'm afraid about is that it looks like the boot commands (Verbose, Safe Mode) don't work in the new BIOS

They do but you need to press the combo right after boot entry selection, exactly like on apple(no wonder since now it use same "native" driver)

You need to be quick since boot is fast...

If you want it to stick more, entry shell and:

setvar boot-args -ascii ="-v -s"

Then debug your stuff and when done:

setvar boot-args =

To delete the variable.

• Like 1

They do but you need to press the combo right after boot entry selection, exactly like on apple(no wonder since now it use same "native" driver)

You need to be quick since boot is fast...

If you want it to stick more, entry shell and:

setvar boot-args -ascii ="-v -s"

Then debug your stuff and when done:

setvar boot-args =

To delete the variable.

Thanks KING!

I have been out of the loop with the thread for a while and have been spending some time trying to catch up with the Quo project. The board is running like a champ on my Windows 10 and Ubuntu builds. I now have more time to dedicate to my Mac build. One odd question that has haunted me for a while is creating a default plist. This is probably a noob-ish question, but I'll throw it out there...how do you create a default plist? Is there a method to make this? Do you use SMBios or clover configurator to generate a default file? Can you inject only specific items in the default plist or do you need have a full file for the entire system? Thoughts anyone? 

I am excited to monkey more with the new bios release. Tinkering is always fun! Thanks in advance for anyones help on the plist questions.

Defaults.plist is a simple text file in plist format .. (you can use plutil to validate it)

Forget Clover configurator  this is not Clover, The main reason to create a Defaults.plist is to change system definition or assign nvram variables.

• Like 1

IronManJFF: Can you only tweak the NVRAM variables and leave other things alone? I have done the NVRAM variable tweaks with Terminal, but have seen panics after attempting the changes. I was figuring it was a text file, but figured it would be safer to ask then assuming things. Thanks for the help! 

Hello All

First of all thank you to all the devs for the new 1699m BIOS but I just dont seem to be able to get it to work. All I get is black screen on IGPU or Graphics card in my signitaure does any one have any suggestions? I can supply Darwindump if it helps

And by the way I am running 10.10.5 at the moment would like to have 10.11 without fake.SMC in the file system.

Thank you all.

Hello All

First of all thank you to all the devs for the new 1699m BIOS but I just dont seem to be able to get it to work. All I get is black screen on IGPU or Graphics card in my signitaure does any one have any suggestions? I can supply Darwindump if it helps

And by the way I am running 10.10.5 at the moment would like to have 10.11 without fake.SMC in the file system.

Thank you all.

Do you have a Time Machine drive or partition on your system ? I do have one and I cannot boot or access BIOS features1669M with the drive containing the Time Machine partition connected,, if I unplug this drive it works.  I have reverted to 1479 until a fix is released or a work-around is found (besides unplugging). I do not know if this is related to the Time Machine partition itself or the total number of partitions present on the system ...

Do you have a Time Machine drive or partition on your system ? I do have one and I cannot boot or access BIOS features1669M with the drive containing the Time Machine partition connected,, if I unplug this drive it works.  I have reverted to 1479 until a fix is released or a work-around is found (besides unplugging). I do not know if this is related to the Time Machine partition itself or the total number of partitions present on the system ...

very interesting... Ive always had a Time Machine backup and multiple partitions on my startup drive. I wonder if this is also a reason that some of my other upgrades had failed in the past. I did have one Time Machine backup drive die on me ( all data was Xfered through USB 3.0 ) so maybe a combination of compatibility issues with USB3 (Some people reporting) and Time Machine caused some faults.  Overall, very happy with 1479 and Mavericks 10.9.5. El Capitan is still buggy even with 10.11.2 (USB, Spotlight, AU VST Plugin authorization issues)

Jeff, how do you like your Noctua NF-F12? Im curious because id like to work a little on fan noise as my Hackintosh is used in a recording studio. The more silent, the better for floor noise when recording.

I have not experienced this issue before with Time Machine my disk layout is as follows

10.10.5 120 GB Samsung 840 SSD

10.11.1 120 GB Samsung 840 SSD

Seagate ST2000DM001 2TB SATA III (1.7 TB Data Partition, 2 X Time Machine Partitions 114 GB)

Will give it ago without the HD attached and report back. thanks for the suggestion.

Jeff, how do you like your Noctua NF-F12? Im curious because id like to work a little on fan noise as my Hackintosh is used in a recording studio. The more silent, the better for floor noise when recording.

I like them very very much  ..I don't hear them at al. The noisiest part of my build is the HD.

I have not experienced this issue before with Time Machine my disk layout is as follows

10.10.5 120 GB Samsung 840 SSD

10.11.1 120 GB Samsung 840 SSD

Seagate ST2000DM001 2TB SATA III (1.7 TB Data Partition, 2 X Time Machine Partitions 114 GB)

Will give it ago without the HD attached and report back. thanks for the suggestion.

My partition setup is a bit more complicated ...

/dev/disk0
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *256.1 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS PowerHack i5            255.2 GB   disk0s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3
/dev/disk1
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *128.0 GB   disk1
   1:                        EFI NO NAME                 209.7 MB   disk1s1
   2:         Microsoft Reserved                         134.2 MB   disk1s2
   3:       Microsoft Basic Data BOOTCAMP                127.7 GB   disk1s3
/dev/disk2
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *2.0 TB     disk2
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk2s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS Internal Clone          255.3 GB   disk2s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             784.2 MB   disk2s3
   4:                  Apple_HFS Super Tempo             500.0 GB   disk2s4
   5:                  Apple_HFS Super Time Machine      1000.0 GB  disk2s5
   6:                  Apple_HFS Super Beta Software     243.7 GB   disk2s6

Hi I had an issue with my Windows SSD.

Everytime I try to start Windows 10 I only get a black screen.

I already disabled the Windows filter with following command:

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableBootEntriesFilter=%01

But without success.

Any idea?

I already disabled the Windows filter with following command:

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableBootEntriesFilter=%01

That has nothing to do with Windows, as name says is a filter for AMI {censored} endless boot entries...

How is/was windows installed?

UEFI or using bootcamp {censored}?

If second I have no idea.

LOL I also have no idea why "c r a p" is {censored}  :D

I was able to get El Captain successfully installed, everything is working great.

I have two concerns.

The first is not a big deal, but when I go into About this Mac, it thinks I have 24GB of ram installed. I only have 16.

The second issue is that I can only get 4 monitors working on my GTX660, the onboard ports do not work within OSX. I have Windows 10 installed and I can use onboard.

System Specs are:

i7-3770k

2x8GB (16GB) Corsair DDR3-1600

Samsung 840 Pro

Intel 520

3TB Seagate

4xLG 24" connected to GTX660

1xSony 32" TV connected to HDMI port onboard

The first is not a big deal, but when I go into About this Mac, it thinks I have 24GB of ram installed. I only have 16.

It was mentioned just one page back, don't want to be rude but is that hard to read few pages since the release?

Yes it was noted, already fixed, wait for next release.

The second issue is that I can only get 4 monitors working on my GTX660, the onboard ports do not work within OSX. I have Windows 10 installed and I can use onboard.

Yes it does, up to six monitors where tested. If you setup your BIOS correct:

Peripherals/Init Display First/IGPU

You will see that it works.

It was mentioned just one page back, don't want to be rude but is that hard to read few pages since the release?

Yes it was noted, already fixed, wait for next release.

Yes it does, up to six monitors where tested. If you setup your BIOS correct:

Peripherals/Init Display First/IGPU

You will see that it works.

You are not being rude. You were right, I did over look that post. Thank you for linking directly to it. Issue resolved.

For the additional display connected to the onboard HDMI, the issue I am having now is that the Screen shows the Apple loading screen with the bar filled 25% of the way.

What I am thinking about trying is removing my GTX660, and reinstalling OSX with only the HDMI onboard connected. Then plugging in my graphics card. Would this be the best course of action?

EDIT:

With BIOS Set to IGPU, Windows 10 is not using the Graphics card, giving an error "(Code 12) This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use."

Edited by brainfr33z3

With BIOS Set to IGPU, Windows 10 is not using the Graphics card, giving an error "(Code 12) This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use."

When I tested I had to install windows with IGPU first then after IGPU driver installation I added my GFX discrete card.

Even Windows 10 have his up and downs...

You might need to toggle b/w graphics card init first for windows, as far I remember windows refused to use one of them if init was not let to auto but that kills OS X multi gpu setup, so chose what you love/need must ;)

That has nothing to do with Windows, as name says is a filter for AMI {censored} endless boot entries...

How is/was windows installed?

UEFI or using bootcamp {censored}?

If second I have no idea.

LOL I also have no idea why "c r a p" is {censored}  :D

Good to know then I can finally activate this back.

UEFI installation, no bootcamp.

Good to know then I can finally activate this back.

UEFI installation, no bootcamp.

The easy way to find out is to flash back older BIOS if it works then is OZ bug in newer(and that I doubt).

The easy way to fix windows is to reinstall, the hard way is to try some days to fix it then reinstall, you chose...