OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

You need a compatible Chameleon when using Ozmosis? Erm, you are aware of the fact that when you use Chameleon, Ozmosis doesn't really do anything? Also, I'm a little irritated by people constantly insisting that boot solutions need to be adapted to every new OS X release or specifically for SIP. The only boot solutions that need an update are boot loaders (no, Clover and Ozmosis are not boot loaders), such as Chameleon or macosxbootloader. SIP is an OS X feature that is controlled entirely by boot.efi and OS X. OS X sets the data (more specifically csrutil), boot.efi reads the data - no need for Ozmosis or any other boot solution not launching the kernel directly to be updated.

Yes, Clover had an update to set those variables, but that is primarily for legacy boards using EmuVariable, so you don't need to re-set the variables every time NVRAM.plist gets deleted for some reason - and no, it is not essential, you could set it manually in nvram.plist as well. Ozmosis' concept of the Defaults.plist is pretty much equivalent to Clover's concept of RtVariables, except that Clover needs to be adapted to accept new keys.

Hey, lose the horse, men, no need to be that aggressive, the reason of this site is to help each other, anyway, if I am not wrong the bios of this board is in itself a boot loader with Chameleon integrated or, at least that is what The King says in this post a the beginning of this treat. #3 icon_share.png

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

InsanelyMac Legend

• av-53345.jpg?_r=0
  • Retired Developers
  • Retired-Dev.png
  • 852 posts
I am one of the motherboard developers(ACPI and UEFI customizations).so few inputs from me:

- This board will require minimal (to none on future) user input for OS (X) boot, AOS stands for ALL OS, so is not just a board for hackint0sh, we are developing it for Windows and Linux too.

- It will feature built in UEFI Open Boot Loader and as a future plan built in Chameleon for legacy boot, more info and details later.

- Built in components: Intel 82574L LAN, Intel USB 3.0, TI FW800 2x ports on board and x1 FW400 on back, HD4000 Graphics(require CPU support), ALC892 Audio Codec, and 2x Cactus Ridge Thunderbolt ports all this in Micro ATX form factor.

- All built in components works OOTB with our custom firmware(exception is audio).

and that is what I was talking about. All of you are confused in what I was talking about, I use chriss1111 tool only to make the installer and boot it, after that you boot normally to the OS with the Osmosis bios. If I am wrong you can correct me, but, be more polite, please.

Sorry, but what makes you think I'm aggressive? I asked if you were aware and in my opinion 'I'm a little irritated' is polite. If you want me to say 'I'm sorry to ask, but I think you might [...]' I have to disappoint you, I try to keep my forum posts rather short and neutral after experiences I made in the past... If it's due to the lack of emoticons, see before.

On topic, I will just quote what you quoted and highlight a few words: '- It will feature built in UEFI Open Boot Loader and as a future plan built in Chameleon for legacy boot, more info and details later.'

So, THe KiNG said that Chameleon might be added later for legacy boot. As Ozmosis is only working in UEFI mode and Chameleon is and always was a legacy solution, both exclude each other.

And yes, he called it a 'Boot Loader', but this is simply common tongue. Technically though it isn't as it is boot.efi to pass control to the kernel, the way it is on Macs. This is not a critic at the usage of the term though, but rather a notice of a misconception.

• Like 2

Okay, my bad, and you don't need to "disappoint" me, the only thing that I ask is, for the people with better knowledge, to work toward a better experience for all of us, the real reason why this site exist.

• Like 1

Update the BIOS to 1479.

DO NOT use fusion or raid drives with 1479 version(it has a bug).

I use a fusion drive. Do you know if there's another version of the BIOS planned, or when it might be out, and whether it will address this?

Thanks.

Couple of feature requests/questions:

- can we get  feature to turn computer on via USB keyboard or key combination?

- can we get WOL feature? If this is implemented, where to set it to listen?

Since I did not get a proper answer for this, I will bump to clarify - I don't want to sleep PC from OS to then wake it up, although I guess I need to put it into powersaving mode, regardless of used OS, in order for WOL to work.

As to the power via keyboard shortcut (e.g. space bar) this is a BIOS feature.

I have a USB keyboard and when my system is completely off, I would like to replace the pressing of the power button on the motherboard and instead power it up from USB.

So just wondering if anyone has ever been able to get in touch from the Quo computer company in the last 3+ months. I am still waiting to hear from them about an RMA. *snickers* I know at this point it is pretty much hopeless but I still want to keep prodding in case I can get it.

Planning on installing El Cap GM tonite or tomorrow on my test partition, here are my expectations :

1) Unless Apple changed its mind, I expect that kext injection from Ozmosis will still be a no-no

2) Built-in audio will not be recognized because of 1)

3) Might have to boot in single-user mode the first time to load FakeSMC.kext and plug-ins manually because of 1)

Tidbits

You can boot the El Cap Recovery HD partiton in single-user mode :)  .. usefull if you need to disable SIP especially after a PRAM reset, or fix some permissions 

Guys RMA It is something to discuss with QUO, here on InsanelyMac we talk about hackintosh.

Thanks for yours collaboration

Oh I agree, just this thread is their existence in the community and it is literally impossible to contact them anymore except for when one of their employees checks this site because this thread is all the QUO-AOS exists in anymore. This thread is a product thread about modification and how it relates to hackintosh. It's still their product, however, and a last ditch effort to get any information about their product.

Apologies for the inconvenience, but I hope you see why the last ditch effort for information about the product from the community.

Planning on installing El Cap GM tonite or tomorrow on my test partition, here are my expectations :

1) Unless Apple changed its mind, I expect that kext injection from Ozmosis will still be a no-no

2) Built-in audio will not be recognized because of 1)

3) Might have to boot in single-user mode the first time to load FakeSMC.kext and plug-ins manually because of 1)

Tidbits

You can boot the El Cap Recovery HD partiton in single-user mode :)  .. usefull if you need to disable SIP especially after a PRAM reset, or fix some permissions 

Apple broke compatibility with all of the different loader projects and many of them have to be re-coded to varying degrees since Apple has gone back to its old methods of deliberately trying to block universal out of the box hacks. It will take weeks with final code to figure out how to get more universal fixes for what OS X now expects to receive from the platforms when they boot. It's just like the early P4/Core days all over again it seems.

Apple broke compatibility with all of the different loader projects and many of them have to be re-coded to varying degrees since Apple has gone back to its old methods of deliberately trying to block universal out of the box hacks. It will take weeks with final code to figure out how to get more universal fixes for what OS X now expects to receive from the platforms when they boot. It's just like the early P4/Core days all over again it seems.

I think that Apple is trying to secure its platform which is a good thing, as far as compatibility with loader projects they did not break anything since they did make anything in the first place.. it is just collateral damage. 

It tried to install El Cap GM last nite , installer failed ..99% because of FakeSMC not being loaded (or it could be my GTX 970 with is not supported OOTB).

I think I will try to modify BaseSystem.dmg (which is inside InstallESD.dmg to put FakeSMC into it, maybe make a script like /etc/rc.server to load the needed kext so the install can be done without intervention. 

It tried to install El Cap GM last nite , installer failed ..99% because of FakeSMC not being loaded (or it could be my GTX 970 with is not supported OOTB).

To ensure that this is the problem try to manually patch the prelinked on the installer... want to try?

I tried to patch prelinked method but that did not work out .. 99.99% sure it is because my prelinked ends up with Nvidia Web drivers in it.

The way i was able to get it to install is this:

1) make sure you have FakeSMC.kext somewhere else than the startup drive for installation

2) when you decide to install OS X El Cap it creates a Install OS X Data folder on the target drive

3) inside that folder there is a com.apple.boot.plist file

4) Edit and add "-s nv_disable=1 " to the <Kernel Flags> if your GPU is not supported out-of-the-box else "-s " is sufficient 

Let the installer proceed with the install ..

It will reboot and stop in single-user mode

Mount the partition that contains FakeSMC.kext

#/sbin/mount -t hfs /dev/disk_s_ /tmp

#cd /tmp/directory_to_FakeSMC.kext

#kextload FakeSMC.kext (FakeSMC must be owned by root, if not fix it)

#exit

Voilà

This trick also works to get El Cap Recovery Partition working too

I tried to patch prelinked method but that did not work out .. 99.99% sure it is because my prelinked ends up with Nvidia Web drivers in it.

Sorry, your prelinked extracted from the installer sure does not contain any of your kext. What I suggest was to manually patch the prelinkedkernel to allow the booter to accept your kexts (eg the FakeSMC.kext) :)

find:       C34885DB7470488B034889DFFF502848 
replace:  C34885DBEB12488B034889DFFF502848 

then one of the two should work:

find:       E825000000EB05E8CE020000 
replace:  E8250000009090E8CE020000 

find:      E827000000EB084889DF
replace: E82700000090904889DF

you need to decompress the prelinked and then compress back.
If work your booter probably should be able to link your external kext without installing it..again
  • Like 1

Sorry, your prelinked extracted from the installer sure does not contain any of your kext. What I suggest was to manually patch the prelinkedkernel to allow the booter to accept your kexts (eg the FakeSMC.kext) :)

i had not taken it from the installer but from my Public Beta Partition.. i could see that FakeSMC was loaded it failed when came the time to enable the graphics display.

Hi,

well done. Was this a clean install of GM? I've tried putting fakesmc in EFI/../Common, in /L/E and /S/L/E - none of them work.

I was upgrading from Public Beta 6 to GM

Under El Capitan .. injection of kext is not allowed so forget about  /EFI/../Common, Apple does not want anyone to put stuff in /S/L/E so the place to put them is /L/E

The installer OS does not use kext from the target partition that is why you have to get into single-user mode and manually load FakeSMC.kext

The requirments for /Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext  (or any other kext) to load are

1) Must be owned by root:wheel (#chown -R root:wheel FakeSMC.kext)

2) Must have correct permissions (#chmod -R 755 FakeSMC.kext)

3) Have a valid signature according to Apple, if not  SIP must be disabled (#csrutil disable) or add "kext-dev-mode=1" to <KernelFlags>

This method would probably work too, Step 9 is not required for Oz 

I was upgrading from Public Beta 6 to GM

Under El Capitan .. injection of kext is not allowed so forget about  /EFI/../Common, Apple does not want anyone to put stuff in /S/L/E so the place to put them is /L/E

The installer OS does not use kext from the target partition that is why you have to get into single-user mode and manually load FakeSMC.kext

Thanks for that. An interesting journey! I created a small partition at the end of my target drive and put Fakesmc.kext in it. When the install restarted and stopped in single user mode and I went there to kextload Fakesmc, I found that the contents of the small partition had been wiped and replace by a cpuple of temporary files. Undeterred, I found a copy of Fakesmc.kext on my backup disk, MacBack, kextload'ed it and the install continued. Once the install finished, I started Migration Assistant to bring over apps and data from my main disk, only to find it didn't appear in the list of sources. It too had been wiped and had a number of launch files there. Whoa! Fortunately my backup disk was untouched, so I copied it back to my main disk. Copying back meant that Timemachine wanted to do a full backup of my main disk again, so cancelled that and used tmutil to attach the last backup.

Phew!!

If I have to do this again, my main disk will not be connected.

find:       C34885DB7470488B034889DFFF502848 
replace:  C34885DBEB12488B034889DFFF502848 

then one of the two should work:

find:       E825000000EB05E8CE020000 
replace:  E8250000009090E8CE020000 

find:      E827000000EB084889DF
replace: E82700000090904889DF

you need to decompress the prelinked and then compress back.
If work your booter probably should be able to link your external kext without installing it..again

So you are saying that this patch would re-enable kext injection into the kernel ?

soooo... can we install El Capitan on this board ? Ive tried about every usb installer method and none are working. Ive tried 3 different usb drives and still get the crossed out zero sign after halfway loaded. Clover is giving me CPU 0 panic attacks also.. Anyone know of a way to get this working? Thank you all in advance..