OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

To me, this seems like an ssdt issue. I generated an ssdt and placed it in EFI:Efi/Oz/Acpi/Load (on both drives i have installed since they both have an EFI path now) but nothing changes- In fact i suspect that for some reason SSDT is not even loading.

I am not sure this is possible in Ozmosis as it is. There is no mention of it in the README. Have you checked in the firmware log (you can retrieve it with Darwin Dumper) if it says anything about the SSDT you placed in the EFI partition ?

I'll attach the last BIOS version here for anyone that needs it.

Thanks!

[later]

Whoa! A lot has changed since I built my QUO.

Can I just do a vanilla install of the BIOS (specs in sig) and expect everything to work? Or do I need to mess with Defaults.plist? I'm hoping for minimum downtime, since this is a production machine.

Cheers!

Thanks!

[later]

Whoa! A lot has changed since I built my QUO.

Can I just do a vanilla install of the BIOS (specs in sig) and expect everything to work? Or do I need to mess with Defaults.plist? I'm hoping for minimum downtime, since this is a production machine.

Cheers!

*sigh*

I used Q-Flash to update the BIOS to the latest rev, and bricked my board. It does not boot, and I cannot get to the settings screen. 

I have reset the CMOS and even removed and replaced the motherboard battery.

Nothing - I just get a black screen.

I don't know what to do next. Any suggestions? I don't even know how to phrase a query for google on this one.

1. Turn off power via AC main switch on PSU.
2. Press and hold the ATX power switch then switch the PSU back on while still holding ATX power switch. Hold the power button until the PC starts and shuts down again.
3. Release the ATX Power switch, wait 5 secs and press it again. Backup Firmware should kick in. If not, repeat.

Received and installed a new SSD for Windows this past week-end. I got it working (Windows 7 Pro EFI install) but when  I hit F12 at startup to choose which partition to boot from I have well over 35 entries  while I have a total of 12 partitions (including EFI partitions and MSR partition)... any way to clean this up ?

Received and installed a new SSD for Windows this past week-end. I got it working (Windows 7 Pro EFI install) but when  I hit F12 at startup to choose which partition to boot from I have well over 35 entries  while I have a total of 12 partitions (including EFI partitions and MSR partition)... any way to clean this up ?

Choose the last shell entry in the F12 list (the only real one there) once in the shell use the bcfg boot rm ? command replacing the ? with the entries number you want to remove.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface#bcfg

1. Turn off power via AC main switch on PSU.
2. Press and hold the ATX power switch then switch the PSU back on while still holding ATX power switch. Hold the power button until the PC starts and shuts down again.
3. Release the ATX Power switch, wait 5 secs and press it again. Backup Firmware should kick in. If not, repeat.

Thank you!

That's exactly what I needed (although I had to google to find out what an "ATX Power switch" was... ;).

Now.

Back to my regularly scheduled problem.

I reset the BIOS as per above, then ran Q-Flash again, installing the 1479 ROM and setting the BIOS to defaults. The same problem appeared - it boots to a black screen and that's it. No appearance of the QUO splash screen or anything. No getting to the settings by holding down DEL or END.

So I reset the BIOS again. This time I rolled it back to the 894 ROM and it boots fine to Mac OS Yosemite as before.

I then did a checksum test on the ROM to make sure it wasn't corrupted or anything, and it passed md5 and sha1 no problem.

Just in case I'd done something wrong the first time (not beyond the realm...) I did it again and 1479 still only boots to a black screen.

I'd like to get the latest ROM to work for reasons of sound. Any ideas what to try next?

Thanks!

Your problem is related with fusion drive and was discussed here or in Ozmosis topic before, guess you missed it, so I'll remind you the fix:

1. Stay with older BIOS

2. Wait for newer BIOS

3. Read this topic or Ozmosis one and learn how to fix the boot entry from shell or within OS.

Your problem is related with fusion drive and was discussed here or in Ozmosis topic before, guess you missed it, so I'll remind you the fix:

1. Stay with older BIOS

2. Wait for newer BIOS

3. Read this topic or Ozmosis one and learn how to fix the boot entry from shell or within OS.

Thanks, yes I did miss it from before.

OK. I can do 1. and 2. 

Is the boot entry fix the "boot 0" one? Is that what I would search for?

And also, where is the Ozmosis topic? Sorry - I only ever found this thread discussing QUO, did not know there was an Ozmosis one also.

Thanks.

Anyone knows if there will be more updates of Ozmosis for the QUO Board ?

Feature request :

1. Updated GeForce Sensors for GTX 9xx series
  2. Fix for Wake-On-LAN issues

For anyone who has/is/will contribute(d) to Ozmosis. you have my thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated drivers for 10.10.3 here

Works with my GTX 970

Which 970? Ref design?

I'm trying to get my gtx960 working on my quo with HC3.1479.

Is the 960 compatible with the bios?

I've tried a few combinations of nvidia web graphic drivers and DisableNvidaInjection on and off.

The JetStream 960 is not reference design, does this matter?

Mine has 2 dvi, 1 hdm, 1 DP.

Ref has 1 dvi, 1 hdmi, 3DP.

It does not get detected in sys config like my old 5870 used to when I boot from the IGPU.

As described in my signature GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G , it is not a reference design and it should not matter. 

Nvidia Web drivers are keyed to specific kernel version of OS X.. they must match or the driver will not get loaded.

A complete signature from your system would help a lot.... are you on Yosemite ? which version ?

Bootlog from DarwinDumper could also contain some hints...