OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Hope you guys understand that some stuff must remain private till certain point

King, don't take offense on what i'm about to say, but these "should-be-private" posts are from Quo customers (de facto or potential) that are exercising their justified right to publicly complain about a treatment they feel inappropriate (notice that i'm taking no sides here, just stating facts). If you can speak from Quo's side and feel the complaints are unjustified, let us all know about your points of view about these.

All the best!

• Like 2

Hi Guys,

I am still interested in this board but it may become difficult to invest in it with haswell right on its heels. We will have to see how that plays out and what haswell board compatibility and features look like. My main question, and one that would probably push me over the edge into ordering a few of these boards for my DIT work is if thunderbolt hot-swap is working in OS X. I had asked this via email to QUO directly earlier on, and was told that was something they planned to have working but it wasn't working yet. That was several weeks ago and i am wondering if you guys can tell me if this is working now or if you are confident it will work.

Thanks,

g\

Please let me state im no complaining about the june delivery of my pledged motherboard

i quite looking forward to building it and testing it all out

and like we all do when getting enthused about a new build we say (IE: im expecting the waterblock next week.ect ect)

when i expect something from what ive been told.

why shouldn't i share with like minded ppl

its not a big deal and we all do it. sites like this run on shearing information will tell you more when its up and running some time in june

King, don't take offense on what i'm about to say, but these "should-be-private" posts are from Quo customers (de facto or potential) that are exercising their justified right to publicly complain about a treatment they feel inappropriate (notice that i'm taking no sides here, just stating facts). If you can speak from Quo's side and feel the complaints are unjustified, let us all know about your points of view about these.

All the best!

Not at all, but you are wrong, IMHO...

We all here use nick's, there is no way to track who is who and what mail address he/she used if ever used or ever mailed... This isn't QUO support forum(that will come) but a topic where we discuss the board.

I feel inappropriate to deal with something we don't know, or can't know and state that is right, for all sides.

Lets just stay on things that we know, the board is ready to launch, answer what we can answer about it and make people happy, customers or not. :)

• 3 weeks later...

There was a message sent out via Kickstarter the other day. Problems with the board supplier, but everything is still coming. Air mail likely to ship next week.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of buying 5 or 10 of these babies and hooking my friends up! but i'm afraid of customs.... unfortunately, i live in Egypt.

:help:  

Thought i would post a few pics of what i will be using for this motherboard build.

The case is a old Akasa  62 eclipse

Swiftec waterpump 120 Thorochill rad a cut down and rethreaded res tube

the plan is to mount everything on the slide out motherboard tray.

post-342888-0-20509700-1372301275_thumb.jpg

post-342888-0-07697100-1372301302_thumb.jpg

post-342888-0-47399100-1372301322_thumb.jpg

post-342888-0-55426900-1372302109_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

this is no modding thread ...

There is a Public kickstarter update with unboxing video. Looks like the FW800 backplate is not included :-( 

The QUO site has a kickstarter page with the evolution of the parts availability.

The "brackets" entry is not checked for the moment so we can expect them to be provided with the boards, once received.

My opinion only, I do not have any more info than you.

@subxero

The article is published in 2009 may 29. It's 2013 now. AFAIK QUO, on their site does not mention OS X as target OS to install on the product. QUO should have no problems with Apple as long as OS X is mentioned in any of the official papers/information. Perhaps they even should make an official statement on the subject with explanation what OSs are officially supported. We all know that OS X officially can only run on Macs. :)

subxero....that article is from 2009.  Whatever happened to their retail store?  Did they ever really open it?   Are they just repackaging an earlier problem with the aid of kickcash?  A different group with the same name??

This is a bit curious.....

my apologies... made a fool of myself (blush) I did not think to look at the date. I got that article from their web site. Sorry move along people... this is embarassing. Still think they are dodgy though. They promised first motherboard shipments in June. Did anyone receive theirs? Tomorrow is July.

Ooops! Edited to delete my post. Embrassed much! Old article was old!

I still have red your post  :wink_anim:

Many true things were there (not about the intentions, but the situation with apple clones in general). Simple edit with explanatory first-liner would suffice.

I for one am waiting for MB reviews and it's hackintoshability. Only one shameful thing - it's already haswell time.

• Like 1

A mobo made for a Hack? This is a revolution in Hackintoshing! Will it boot without FakeSMC if you aren't using legacy mode with Chameleon?

As far as I understand "NO".

It is usual motherboard for Windows PC just having Firewire and Thunderbolt.

This is strange I thought the couple of houndred mobos they claimed they actually have was actually in stock for orders. Now I wonder if they are reserved for the kickstarter. Doesnt say that on the homepage though so its confusing.

Maby I made a misstake ordering one of these and pay for it? Did anybody get theirs?

No, this is worthy of making noise. I'm damn sure QUO staff has a pretty good explanation, but it has to be given. Last time i read the topic i remember shipment would start at jun 29th, so probably there's a few people who should probably have their hands on their QUO boards by now. Did you try to contact the staff by the channels available in their page?

All the best!

P.S.: and i expect this topic doesn't dive, and the QUO project doesn't end, because it's a promising idea. Hope it succeeds and does the transition to Haswell as soon as possible - that would probably be the time i'd buy a QUO motherboard.