OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Ok I finally burnt it correctly (I don't know what went wrong but now it's working.

How do you run 2 screens ? Did you do something in particular ?

When I boot I have the Bios on both screens, the Apple logo on both screens but then one disappears before the login screen.

Any idea ?

all the BIOS settings are defaults I think, both screens using DVI to DVI, no adaptors.

As TheKing says, if you read through the ozmosis thread, there is stuff about changing the default framebuffer in the BIOS or by settings in nvram. You may also find some help over on netkas's forum.

QUO Board & Filevault : anyone using it, is it safe to turn on ? I've read that Clover and Chimera cannot handle it .. does the same hold true for Ozmosis ?

Another question : Could one use any other Ivy Bridge CPU like a i3 or Pentium with the QUO board ? I have a spare QUO board and am wondering if I could theritically use it by adding a few low cost components

Thanks

I've bought a QUO motherboard via Kickstarter and then other 2 for varius reasons. It's more than an year that I've 2 workings workstations and I've made a lot of money out of those. Configurations are in my signature.

I work as DataWrangler shooting HD/4K/6K RAW files with cinema cameras and I've try to use hackintosh instead of regular Apple machine for years before QUO and I never been able to confiugure a valid computer using a bootloader to run OSX. I just need it very stable, I don't care about iMessage or iWhatever but there's no room for mistakes or downtimes on my job.

I need to offload up to 2/3TB a day from SSD cards up to 512GB as fast as possible (eSata/USB3/TB/miniSAS via TB readers involved), making multiple copies (with ShotPut Pro) and run DaVinci Resolve to transcode the clips to some lighter codec in AppleProRes or DNxHD MXF.

I do understand that the real benefit of the QUO motherboard is the BIOS and not the motherboard itself, that is too little for me.

I've bought and I'm trying to configure a new machine based on a GA-Z87X-UD7 TH with a i7-4770K and a EVGA 780 6GB because I need at least 2 PCI3 16x (GPU & RedRocket), 2 PCI 1x (WiFi & HD-SDI monitor out) and TB2 funcionality for a external RAID (as the ARECA 8050T2) but I'm far to have the time and the knowledge to do it without voldemort unstable {censored}. I don't care to reboot twice for TB but I would like avoid to have to boot in Win 8.1.

There's someone capable of write the right BIOS for this machine that what to help me? Donations are not the problem, funcionality and stability are.

Reopened. Please do not attempt to restart the previous discussion. I have life outside of the forum, so I don't enjoy being dragged in to deal with a mountain of personal attacks disrupting a thread.

If you feel something is out of line, please report the post and let us handle it. Don't add fuel to the fire by replying.

• Like 5

I do understand that the real benefit of the QUO motherboard is the BIOS and not the motherboard itself, that is too little for me.

Happy to see that are users satisfied with  this board that post here. :)

As for the quoted part of your post, you are wrong, this motherboard works very easy with other boot-loaders like Chameleon/XPC/Clover.

The motherboard components works OOTB, you don't need to flash anything to get them working.

Where OZ BIOS make the difference, is that user have to do nothing else after flash then install OS and run, total n00b proof, while on other boot-loaders you have to configure long mile configs, stuff that should be boot-loader job to handle automate, at least most of it, as OZ does.

However making a bios for the board you asked is not as easy as making a pie, some think that slapping some file there and there will do it, they ignore/do not know about ACPI/SMBios part or other BIOS modules that are modified/patched, and a serious developer will work on board itself, not on "blind".

Since you raised the donation flag, I am pretty sure you will get some offers, just make sure you don't get half backed ;)

• Like 3

But is there a need to reassure there are happy users out there? ;)

I for one, am pretty happy with my board. I had built hacks before and it was always a pain to get all the correct kexts going and every update was done without any idea if it would reboot without issues.

This board is what it is: An easy way to build a hackintosh with little or no user tweaks needed. It is just that simple.

But is there a need to reassure there are happy users out there? ;)

I for one, am pretty happy with my board. I had built hacks before and it was always a pain to get all the correct kexts going and every update was done without any idea if it would reboot without issues.

This board is what it is: An easy way to build a hackintosh with little or no user tweaks needed. It is just that simple.

@ jaco2k

Yes, indeed, it may be useful to reaffirm that there are happy users of this board. I, for my part, have this board running happily since September 2013. I had no whatsoever experience in hackintosh before. True to say I had a long experience in building and servicing my pcs and other's but nothing with Macs. I made my first installation of OS X quite nervously, but succeeded. Small problems were solved with the help of many of the members of this forum. Since that, I upgraded to Mavericks, then to Yosemite without great problems and I am really satisfied with my computer. Since then, I continued in Hackintoshing with two Laptops. 

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm building my first Hackintosh with this Quo mobo purchased 3 weeks ago. I took a Be Quiet Silent Base 800 case, a Corsair RM 750 power unit, an I7 3770 (not k), 2 X 8go G skill Ripjaws ram , a Thermalright CPU fan, a Radeon Sapphire HD 7950 with the bios flashed as Mac Edition, 2 X SSd Micron 256 Go: one cloned from my MacPro rev 5.1 with Yosemite, the other with Win 8, and a broadcom BCM94360 CD Wifi/Bt4.0 PCI card . For the FW 800 headers, I found an Asus P5AD2 bracket with two IEEE 1394B ports and RJ45 without use here.

It works great with sound, wifi, BT, HDMI, the only one problem was when the plastic slot of the 16 X PCI  socket went off with the graphic card when I took it out... I got a new slot on ebay, and I'll fix this problem later: 164 pins to sold on the mobo is not a funny passtime. I put the GPU in the 8X slot, and I'm not sure to see any difference with 16X ?

Now, I want to have a graphic interface for choosing the boot disk. The Quo Legacy folder downloaded contains a version of chameleon. How can I install it? I don't need any Ktext for sound or OSX install; I just need the bootmanager so I don't think that I need chameleon wizzard to do that. Thanks for any help.

Not sure what do you want:

1. Install Chameleon boot-loader?

2. Have a GUI to chose what to boot like Chameleon have?

If 1, then just download latest Chameleon package installer and install, the legacy folder you got is kinda outdated...

If 2, then all you have to do is to flash latest hacked BIOS and press HOME key at boot up, or setup your Defaults.plist to enable GUI at every boot like was explained here or on Ozmosis topic.

Hello,

I paid 229 $ for my mobo last month on the website. Just had to wait for delivery in europe, 10 days later by Priority Mail with no tax. Most components have been found on ebay, like the wifi/BT pci card, the I73770 processor, the case, the FW800 ports card for the headers and the 2X Micron SSD.The power supply, graphic card, ventirad and WD blue HD came from a local shop.

I just had to print the User Manual, as no paper version was sent.

It was not a problem, the pdf has done the job. No need to complain about that !

OSX 10.1 works as well as on my old mac Pro. The wifi connection is good. Obviously, it is still a problem with the 10.2 beta  for some users. I only have a problem with my microsoft mouse. The right button has been configured as "double click" in the Intellipoint menu, but every time I boot, it returns to "secondary click" and I have to change it. Any idea to fix this?

• Like 1

The card has two Firewire IEEE 1394b ports and one LAN connector RJ45 bracket provided for a ten years old Asus P5AD2 mobo. Got it on  the bay from a seller is  in Carlsbad calif. I didn't need the PJ45 bracket, so it's easy to unscrew it. I had not the occasion to use it yet, but I'll test the assy. tomorrow with a camcorder and Imovie. Anyway, it fits perfectly in place, you just have tu plug the 2 purple connectors in  the 2 headers , assuming that Assus and Gygabyte respect the ISO headers configuration: I'll have to check this point  first....

$_57.JPG

Hello,

On my mobo I've got latest firmware version, I was wondering if I was the only one to have AirPlay Mirroring broken since the update ... if not could someone can give me which parameters to use to get mirroring working again with an AppleTV. thx

Hello,

On my mobo I've got latest firmware version, I was wondering if I was the only one to have AirPlay Mirroring broken since the update ... if not could someone can give me which parameters to use to get mirroring working again with an AppleTV. thx

I am under Mavericks and I don't see AirPlay as available ... 

The card has two Firewire IEEE 1394b ports and one LAN connector RJ45 bracket provided for a ten years old Asus P5AD2 mobo. Got it on  the bay from a seller is  in Carlsbad calif. I didn't need the PJ45 bracket, so it's easy to unscrew it. I had not the occasion to use it yet, but I'll test the assy. tomorrow with a camcorder and Imovie. Anyway, it fits perfectly in place, you just have tu plug the 2 purple connectors in  the 2 headers , assuming that Assus and Gygabyte respect the ISO headers configuration: I'll have to check this point  first....

$_57.JPG

Is there a part number on the card ?

attachicon.gif No. No part number. I just found it was part of the  ASUS P5AD2 premium bundle, the left top one.

Man, I love you! I had that exact same board and have the left-over connectors and never even occurred to me to go and check! :) Thank you a lot! :)