OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

i am having a similar issue (I don't use the Nvidia drivers).  When the system wakes from 'deep sleep' from a keypress or button press , the screen stays black.  At first , I tought it was an issue with the DisplayPort so I move back to DVI but it did not fix it.  I have narrowed it down to Bluetooth , the proof is that if you VNC into it , the screen will then come back on  but the system will not accept any input from a bluetooth device (mouse, keyboard) until you shut it down, unplug the Bluetooth Adapter , re-plug it and reboot.

My IOGear Bleutooth adapter is connected on a USB 3 port on top of the case (better line of sight) , I will try to move it to a USB 2 port and see if the problem persists.

I don't have any bluetooth devices attached, so for me it's not a bluetooth issue.

Also, for me, I don't think my computer is in a "deep sleep", because the power LED is still on and fans are still running (but the monitor is getting no signal, and there is no response to keyboard/mouse ).  When I put the computer to sleep, though, power LED is off and fans are silent, and it wakes with no problems.

However, I recently did a PRAM reset (command+option+P+R--on startup), which then gave me a kext signing startup error (due to Trim Enabler), and then I ended up doing a reinstall of Yosemite (though not clean), and so far no wake freeze issue.  I wonder if the PRAM reset fixed the issue.  Also I will keep Trim Enabler off for now.

UPDATE: Still having the freezing issue.  This is a bit maddening...

recently ordered one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131343121358?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201204735311?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Should have native bluetooth & AC wifi speed.

Using natively supported bluetooth etc cut's out allot of issues.

Lemme know how it works once you have it .. it looks pretty interesting

With the latest release of the Bios OS X Yosemite installed flawlessly.   Audio works OOTB.  My EVGA GTX 760 works OOTB.  I did not have to touch any settings in the Bios left everything at default except profile 1 XPM for memory since I have 1600 speed.

How do I set developer mode ?  Can I add the boot-arg to nvram as below?

sudo nvram boot-arg="kext-dev-mode=1"

Exactly where do the fakeSMC and voodooHDA kexts reside?  EFI shell?  I see MAcPro3,1 is set is the the best profile for power management or would iMac or mac mini be better?

Also not sure why I am getting unknown CPU?

Nov 22 09:44:05 localhost kernel[0]: WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a

Nov 22 09:44:05 localhost kernel[0]: -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported
Nov 22 09:44:05 localhost sandboxd[131]: Metadata.framework [Error]: client check-in failed: (268451843) (ipc/rcv) timed out
Nov 22 09:44:05 localhost sandboxd[131]: Metadata.framework [Error]: _MDAccessCopyClientPort failed retrying

Anybody else have GUI issues with H3C 1479? 

When I access the BIOS, Q-flash, etc. the GUI is out of alignment from what appears to be a possible mismatched screen resolution. This happens with my 20" aluminum cinema display over dvi as well as my tv over mini displayport and hdmi. CPU: i5-3475S with integrated HD4000.

Stock and 894M do not have this issue. Navigating the screens is impossible at this point. I was able to get back to 894M through trial and error in q-flash.

post-560835-0-01418000-1416685479_thumb.jpg

post-560835-0-50697500-1416685501_thumb.jpg

Anybody else have GUI issues with H3C 1479? 

When I access the BIOS, Q-flash, etc. the GUI is out of alignment from what appears to be a possible mismatched screen resolution. This happens with my 20" aluminum cinema display over dvi as well as my tv over mini displayport and hdmi. CPU: i5-3475S with integrated HD4000.

Stock and 894M do not have this issue. Navigating the screens is impossible at this point. I was able to get back to 894M through trial and error in q-flash.

Take out the TV, go to BIOS Features/Display Boot Option ROM Control and set to UEFI First or UEFI Only.

CsmVideo has trouble to handle multi-monitor setup, it should fall back to standard resolution but in your particular case seems is not...

Does anyone have much experience with Wake on LAN and this board?

While this BIOS is much better than prior versions (I used to only get successful power on intermittently, tested my WoL tool on other machines and it worked reliably with them), an issue I've had in the past still occurs:

On all BIOSes (including H3C 1479) the machine turns on successfully, however after shutting down from a WoL boot, it reboots a second or two later. Subsequent shut downs nearly always work, but its a bit of a pain having to shut down twice.

• Like 1

Take out the TV, go to BIOS Features/Display Boot Option ROM Control and set to UEFI First or UEFI Only.

CsmVideo has trouble to handle multi-monitor setup, it should fall back to standard resolution but in your particular case seems is not...

No luck. I should also mention that this happened before attaching the second display. Thank you for your suggestion, hopefully I can figure it out.

No luck. I should also mention that this happened before attaching the second display. Thank you for your suggestion, hopefully I can figure it out.

Then the problem is the ADC, use instead the TV connection to go to BIOS(remove ADC) setup to UEFI OpRom and pray...

While this BIOS is much better than prior versions (I used to only get successful power on intermittently, tested my WoL tool on other machines and it worked reliably with them), an issue I've had in the past still occurs:

On all BIOSes (including H3C 1479) the machine turns on successfully, however after shutting down from a WoL boot, it reboots a second or two later. Subsequent shut downs nearly always work, but its a bit of a pain having to shut down twice.

I encountered the exact same issue not from Wol however, just at random.  Must be H3C 1479 related.

Lemme know how it works once you have it .. it looks pretty interesting

I just received mine and... it works perfectly!  No drivers needed, it's recognized as native (apple) hardware.

This means bluetooth 4 and wifi with airdrop, handoff, instant hotspot, etc. all that new things coming with Yosemite fully enabled. I'm just doing some tests but all of them seem to work smoothly.

post-1206509-0-91056000-1416918210_thumb.jpg

Hi need some help.

I update the BIOS to 1479.

I am 2 drive :

-SSD apple OS X 10.10

- Hard drive Windows 8.1

I want to manage the first boot OS.

If I press F12 :

please select boot device

Built-In EDK Shell

Recovery HD

Built-In EDK Shel

SSD APPLE

Recovery HD

SSD APPLE

Windows Boot Manager

Built-In EDK Shell

Enter Setup

​I select enter setup

go to BIOS Feautures

Boot Order :

Boot option #1 Disabled

Boot option #2 Built-In EDK Shell

Boot option #3 Built-In EDK Shell

Boot option #4 SSD Apple

Boot option #5 Recovery HD

Boot option #6 Built-In EDK Shell

You can see nothing in that listing on Windows boot manager, but I start straight on windows ?

If I choose 

Boot option #1 SSD Apple

I press F10 save and exit

save & Exit Setup

I choose YES

And I boot in Windows???

Shut down

enter Setup

Boot option #1 is back to disabled ???

​No windows boot manager in this list???

Most of the time I want to be in OS X, so I would like to be directly in OS X

Do you need something more to help me ?

Tks

I just received mine and... it works perfectly!  No drivers needed, it's recognized as native (apple) hardware.

This means bluetooth 4 and wifi with airdrop, handoff, instant hotspot, etc. all that new things coming with Yosemite fully enabled. I'm just doing some tests but all of them seem to work smoothly.

attachicon.gifimage-11.jpg

That's great to know.

is facetime and imessage working for you

Hi need some help.

I update the BIOS to 1479.

I am 2 drive :

-SSD apple OS X 10.10

- Hard drive Windows 8.1

I want to manage the first boot OS.

If I press F12 :

please select boot device

Built-In EDK Shell

Recovery HD

Built-In EDK Shel

SSD APPLE

Recovery HD

SSD APPLE

Windows Boot Manager

Built-In EDK Shell

Enter Setup

​I select enter setup

go to BIOS Feautures

Boot Order :

Boot option #1 Disabled

Boot option #2 Built-In EDK Shell

Boot option #3 Built-In EDK Shell

Boot option #4 SSD Apple

Boot option #5 Recovery HD

Boot option #6 Built-In EDK Shell

You can see nothing in that listing on Windows boot manager, but I start straight on windows ?

If I choose 

Boot option #1 SSD Apple

I press F10 save and exit

save & Exit Setup

I choose YES

And I boot in Windows???

Shut down

enter Setup

Boot option #1 is back to disabled ???

​No windows boot manager in this list???

Most of the time I want to be in OS X, so I would like to be directly in OS X

Do you need something more to help me ?

Tks

Just use the Mac way go into System Preferences then Startup Disk option and choose your install on the restart it will boot into it and all the time from that point on unless you reset the nvram with the four finger salute then you need to do it again. To get a windows entry on your F12 menu choose the last EDK shell in the list ( the only real one there) then you need to use the bcfg command to add an entry for it, follow link below to see some example commands. Now if you go with the fs0: example and your windows efi folder is not on your first drive in the system you will need to mount and copy it over to the first drive in the systems efi folder to add an entry for it. BTW you can use the rm to get rid of the junk EDKs at the top of the list in the F12 leave the last in the list the real one though if you do this. Oh and nothing done in the BIOS for the boot order ever stuck for me when I was using OZ, gave up on it too buggy for me.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface#UEFI_Shell

Just use the Mac way go into System Preferences then Startup Disk option and choose your install on the restart it will boot into it and all the time from that point on unless you reset the nvram with the four finger salute then you need to do it again. To get a windows entry on your F12 menu choose the last EDK shell in the list ( the only real one there) then you need to use the bcfg command to add an entry for it, follow link below to see some example commands. Now if you go with the fs0: example and your windows efi folder is not on your first drive in the system you will need to mount and copy it over to the first drive in the systems efi folder to add an entry for it. BTW you can use the rm to get rid of the junk EDKs at the top of the list in the F12 leave the last in the list the real one though if you do this. Oh and nothing done in the BIOS for the boot order ever stuck for me when I was using OZ, gave up on it too buggy for me.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface#UEFI_Shell

System pref.... 

of course :-)

Tks a lot

Too easy, to found that by myself :-)

That board is really more Mac that I was thinking.

I test later the last part of your post, for Windows...

But once again Tks

Are you using original AppleHda?

I need bdmesg to have an idea.

From what I know you are the only one with not working SPDIF.

Yes, original AppleHda. Ok, I will provide the bdmesg output.

I was reading your past comments about this topic: "There is a bug in audio selector not fixed yet, however Encoded Digital works but needs to be selected by player"

I tried to select SPDIF in VLC media player (and others) but still cannot obtain any audio from SPDIF output no matter if I return in system preferences  -> sound and try to select again SPDIF.

Too bad it seems I cannot have the audio even from the HDMI port. I just connected the HDMI port to my Sony TV, video ok but audio not working.

By the way I'm using the IGPU HD4000 and I don't have any other graphic cards.

Yes, original AppleHda. Ok, I will provide the bdmesg output.

I was reading your past comments about this topic: "There is a bug in audio selector not fixed yet, however Encoded Digital works but needs to be selected by player"

I tried to select SPDIF in VLC media player (and others) but still cannot obtain any audio from SPDIF output no matter if I return in system preferences  -> sound and try to select again SPDIF.

Too bad it seems I cannot have the audio even from the HDMI port. I just connected the HDMI port to my Sony TV, video ok but audio not working.

By the way I'm using the IGPU HD4000 and I don't have any other graphic cards.

Then you are the exception on the rule.

When using IGPU, it was specified that VoodooHda does not cover HDMI audio, so you have to disable it and use old way with patching AppleHda:

!! Note on VoodooHDA, it covers ONLY the onboard codec and is enabled for the moment only for ALC892/ALC1150 !!

!! For discrete graphics HDMI/DP audio AppleHDA is used instead. Those who use internal GPU (IGPU) only will !!

!! have to disable VoodooHda and use AppleHda for HDMI/DP audio !!

To Disable loading VoodooHda.kext from Firmware

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableVoodooHda=%01

To Enable loading VoodooHda.kext from Firmware

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableVoodooHda=%00

I have unplugged all Bluetooth hardware from my system and went back to wired keyboard and mouse. the system goes to 'deep sleep' (powers down) but does not wake up for network access. I've tried with ssh'ing into it and sending the magic packet with Fing on my iPod to no avail ...

Suggestions ?

I have unplugged all Bluetooth hardware from my system and went back to wired keyboard and mouse. the system goes to 'deep sleep' (powers down) but does not wake up for network access. I've tried with ssh'ing into it and sending the magic packet with Fing on my iPod to no avail ...

Suggestions ?

Have you turned on the feature within OS X, and are you trying it with wired ethernet or wifi? To enable, go to System Prefs> Energy Saver and click Wake for Network Access. If you have this set and are trying wired (AFAIK it doesn't work with WiFi), then I don't know what to say.

On a broader note about the Wake-on-Lan issue where it subsequently powers on, I've made a few observations, but still haven't fixed the issue.

• A range of EFI boards (esp. Intel and Gigabyte models) seem to exhibit the same issues for Linux users. See here, here and here for eg.
  • Some users reported fixes by tweaking ACPI settings, but no equivalent setting combination seems to work for me.
  • Verbose boot confirms that OS X calls for a reboot when shutting down following a WoL boot.

I'd therefore think the issue lies with the motherboard settings, or in the way its power management interacts with OS X.

Hello everyone, I need help.  :blush:

I can't get imessage and facetime working with bios 1479. It seems no matter what I try I cannot get Nvram settings to save.

So I was thinking of installing clover and maybe somehow using the kexts/drivers etc. from 1479.

I was thinking at least this way I will be able to add the serials from my real mac (to sm bios?) to get facetime working.

Can any advise how I should proceed and how I can extract the kexts from 1479 to use in clover?

Many thanks

Rhys

I can't get imessage and facetime working with bios 1479. It seems no matter what I try I cannot get Nvram settings to save.

If you can't manipulate simple terminal commands or create your own Defaults.plist, no bootloader in the world will help you...

If you can't manipulate simple terminal commands or create your own Defaults.plist, no bootloader in the world will help you...

King.. I don't know what has happened to you lately. I remember a time when you were very helpful, now it seems you just want to make people feel retarded.

I'm sorry but I'm a noob at all this (even just using macs) and need things explained in plain english.

Can someone who knows how to fix the imessage/facetime verification and who is actually helpful, please explain how to fix the issue, or at least a work around.

I know I'm not the only one here having trouble getting facetime etc working...

• Like 1

I know I'm not the only one here having trouble getting facetime etc working...

Sure if all use Defaults that comes with BIOS is normal, I doubt there are over 1k macs in the world with same serials and Apple is normal to block them.

If you where reading the wiki: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Z77MX-QUO-AOS and do those simple 2 terminal commands with own generated serials like it say in article would have it working.

You can also go advance and replace most important SMBios data to match your mac in the house or create new using terminal again: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1943875

Those can also be loaded from ESP(EFI SYSTEM PARTITION) from EFI/OZ/Defaults.plist as you can see here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301407-guide-insert-ozmosis-into-uefi-bios/ with only condition that plist must be valid otherwise wont get loaded!

Now with all this  said, If the fact that you couldn't spend 30 minutes to use Google, like I did, to find required information, make you "feel retard"(your words), I have nothing more to say then what I said several times, Oz does many wonderful things, it is magic, but does not replace user brain, yet.

• Like 2

Sure if all use Defaults that comes with BIOS is normal, I doubt there are over 1k macs in the world with same serials and Apple is normal to block them.

If you where reading the wiki: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Z77MX-QUO-AOS and do those simple 2 terminal commands with own generated serials like it say in article would have it working.

You can also go advance and replace most important SMBios data to match your mac in the house or create new using terminal again: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1943875

Those can also be loaded from ESP(EFI SYSTEM PARTITION) from EFI/OZ/Defaults.plist as you can see here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301407-guide-insert-ozmosis-into-uefi-bios/ with only condition that plist must be valid otherwise wont get loaded!

Now with all this  said, If the fact that you couldn't spend 30 minutes to use Google, like I did, to find required information, make you "feel retard"(your words), I have nothing more to say then what I said several times, Oz does many wonderful things, it is magic, but does not replace user brain, yet.

The first section with the sudo commands doesn't work from the wiki. Maybe it has something to do with what Tonymac has said. Apparently ROM needs to be legit but the sudo commands I've been doing don't stick.

"As of mid November 2014 it would appear that Apple have once again updated their authentication and verification processes on their backend servers. If iMessage is still working for you DO NOT LOG-OUT or perform any operation that will cause a logout such as a OS update .... etc."

Also can't find this OZ folder?

Would love to just be able to mount an efi partition, find the defualt.plist and add in the correct values.

Untitled.png

Oz probably does do some wonderful things, but the rest leaves allot to be desired.

This board shouldn't have been advertised as OOB hackintosh support because it isn't.

First QUO are literally the worst company ever to deal with if you are not based in US and have RMA.

With every firmware update something breaks.

-Some firmware won't enable displayport during bios. Need to move TV just to edit bios.

-Sound never used to work OOB

-Was using 7870 just fine. Updated bios, suddenly the card would no longer work, switched card to gtx 780.

-Update bios to 1479 and upgrade to 10.10, facetime imessage all broken.

- Many many wasted hours trying to fix stuff

The moral of the story. Just get a real mac because this is all just a waste of life.

• Like 1

The moral of the story. Just get a real mac because this is all just a waste of life.

Sure, for people who refuse to use the brain God gave them, for that kind of people yes, all we do here is just a waste of time.

For the rest of stuff you said I wont even bother to reply, who will read will remain like me, stoned...