OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Use DarwinDumper and create the folder that will see the contents of the nvram, it might get some more settings on your machine that will serve you for your profile,sorry mi english

Your English is fine and thanks for the reply. So I ran DarwinDumper, but there's so much info I'm not sure where to look for what I need or what values in the defaults.plist I still need to change. I haven't seen anything so far that seems to be relevant to the plist. It's about 3AM here though so I'll take a look at it again after an 8 hour nap ;)

Thanks again.

@valiant - I can't get my iPhone to connect over bluetooth at all.  When I attempt to pair, the iPhone shows the code, and it reports it is successful, but there is no connection.  

Hmm. I just tried Bluetoothing to my iPhone and it didn't work for me either. I don't know if that's something new (i.e. since I installed Yosemite). I do recall being able to use my iPhone hotspot, but maybe I connected by WiFi and not Bluetooth. The BT pref pane says "Connected" but when I try to send a png to it I get "The device does not have the necessary services," whatever that means, then reverts to Not Connected.

Has

Ok back on 10.10 with the web drivers and reboot is good...

NOW. I'd like to get my SMBios set back to iMac 13,2, as well as add the proper values to ROM and MLB to get iMessage working. The only thing is I'd like to do this via defaults.plist rather than NVRAM so the changes stick through bios flashes. I've seen a few things mentioned about the defaults.plist, in the EFI partition i think, but I'm having trouble finding specific posts on how to edit it. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

If you don't mind, can you explain your reason for wanting to go back to iMac13,2? What do you have it set at now? Did you have problems running as iMac 13,2? I'm asking because I can't get AirDrop working, and I think it might be because mine is set to MacPro3,1, which is considered too old to be able to AirDrop.

Has

If you don't mind, can you explain your reason for wanting to go back to iMac13,2? What do you have it set at now? Did you have problems running as iMac 13,2? I'm asking because I can't get AirDrop working, and I think it might be because mine is set to MacPro3,1, which is considered too old to be able to AirDrop.

I'm on MacPro3,1 right now because of it being the ozmosis default. I haven't been able to get nvram to save, presumably because of the restart kp's I was getting. I haven't tried changing it since I installed the nvidia web drivers though. I want to set it in the defaults.plist so it persists through bios updates. On MacPro3,1 I don't have airdrop or handoff working either. I still need to get iMessage working first.

I'm on MacPro3,1 right now because of it being the ozmosis default. I haven't been able to get nvram to save, presumably because of the restart kp's I was getting. I haven't tried changing it since I installed the nvidia web drivers though. I want to set it in the defaults.plist so it persists through bios updates. On MacPro3,1 I don't have airdrop or handoff working either. I still need to get iMessage working first.

I was having similar issues. The NVIDIA driver fixed all of my shutdown and reboot kernel panics. I am now able to edit all of my NVRAM values, but cannot edit my ROM value. I think this is the last piece to the iMessage issues for me. I am debating resetting my NVRAMs, but am leery now that things are working almost exactly how I'd like them. 

@THe KiNG

Some time ago I was successfully using the S/PDIF port of the Quo motherboard with Mavericks 10.9.2 and Ozmosis bios 828. The S/PDIF port was connected to my Sony DAV-F200 Home cinema system and worked perfectly.

I recently installed bios 1479 and a fresh install of Yosemite 10.10.

Unfortunately S/PDIF in still available as sound output option but it doesn't work any more. It's always connected to the same Sony system, same cable and the same input port.

Any idea how to restore it to a working condition?

Thanks in advance

From what I know you are the only one with not working SPDIF.

Nope - me too. But I kinda don't really care, because I can use and fall back on my external pro audio card.

...actually, I still need to update the BIOS to 1479, but I doubt it will make any difference to this. On Yosemite also.

Nope - me too. But I kinda don't really care, because I can use and fall back on my external pro audio card.

...actually, I still need to update the BIOS to 1479, but I doubt it will make any difference to this. On Yosemite also.

There are 2 situations, pre 1479 and after.

Before using AppleHda SPDIF was working but with no encoded digital

With latest BIOS you do not have to do anything for audio, everything works OOTB, but you have to care a bit and read this topic to find that...

It seems 1479 breaks facetime. Downgraded bios and now facetime works again.

Another problem I had with 1479 is that the initial display doesn't come on if you are using a monitor with displayport connected to the mobo, so can't see bios settings.

Sound worked though.

It seems 1479 breaks facetime. Downgraded bios and now facetime works again.

Another problem I had with 1479 is that the initial display doesn't come on if you are using a monitor with displayport connected to the mobo, so can't see bios settings.

Sound worked though.

Hmm...I was thinking my issues with the MiniDisplay port were related to using a Thunderbolt display. I would get an all or none type response by the system on the Mac side of the build. Usually the integrated video showed up only on the Mac side and the both the integrated and dedicated video worked on the Win8.1 side. It was a bit bizarre. 

I can't speak for FaceTime/iMessage as of yet as I am stuck on editing the ROM value in my NVRAM (I have a couple leads on that I am looking into for that).  I also am seeing a bizarre behavior of my boot order not saving in the bios screen. I am cool with hitting F12 when booting to pick which version to work with, but fixing that would be awesome. 

Beyond that, my build on 1479 is running much smoother. Things are behaving more predictably. I am excited to see the 10.10.1 update to see if things keep behaving the way they should. 

Curious if anyone knows if the Nvidia web drivers work with 10.10.1. They didn't with the beta. Don't want to upgrade unless 10.10.1 fixes the reboot KP issue or the web drivers are compatible with it.

Short version...nope. There is a beta going out there and that isn't loading in oddly. I have rebooted a bunch of times and haven't seen the KP issues. I have unfortunately see the initial booting bug where it will act like it's booting and then I lose the video connection. For the time being, I would stick with 10.10.0 if you not seeing any problems. Hopefully NVIDIA will get drivers out sooner than later. I may play with 10.10.1 for a bit. Worst case, I will just revert back. 

Hmm...I was thinking my issues with the MiniDisplay port were related to using a Thunderbolt display. I would get an all or none type response by the system on the Mac side of the build. Usually the integrated video showed up only on the Mac side and the both the integrated and dedicated video worked on the Win8.1 side. It was a bit bizarre. 

I can't speak for FaceTime/iMessage as of yet as I am stuck on editing the ROM value in my NVRAM (I have a couple leads on that I am looking into for that).  I also am seeing a bizarre behavior of my boot order not saving in the bios screen. I am cool with hitting F12 when booting to pick which version to work with, but fixing that would be awesome. 

Beyond that, my build on 1479 is running much smoother. Things are behaving more predictably. I am excited to see the 10.10.1 update to see if things keep behaving the way they should. 

Hey,

For the boot order issue, I succeed by changing the preferred boot volume in the mac preference panel ( vanilla style )

By the way, my airplay mirroring is broken. Do some one have any idea ? I'm on 1479. On the 894, It was working smoothly. 

• Like 1

Curious if anyone knows if the Nvidia web drivers work with 10.10.1. They didn't with the beta. Don't want to upgrade unless 10.10.1 fixes the reboot KP issue or the web drivers are compatible with it.

Just upgraded to 10.10.1.  

Initial message stating that NVIDIA driver was not compatible with OS.

Then prompted for an automatic NVIDIA driver update and install.

Took 2 reboots to make the NVIDIA driver stick (typical).

No issues so far.

EDIT: Got the annoying "CUDA driver update required" control panel prompt on startup again.

Fixed by adding the following to the info.plist file (thanks DarwinX): 

<key>343.01.02</key>

<string>343.01.02</string>

• Like 1

I have some problems getting the quo mobo see my gtx 660 under win 7, it works just good under os x with both mountain lion and mavericks. I tried follow the wiki but it is a no go what ever I do. It works pretty ok with the cpu video though in win 7 but I need at least something like the 660 or better for the program Fusion which is only win so far.

I have a 3770k cpu and 16 gig ram and a 700 watt psu. I tried to pull the card and set the bios to whats recommended did the install and put it back in and all I get is black screen on the gtx 660 ports, it looks like win is running though but I get no video output. If I leave the onboard hdmi hooked up it will boot with onboard graphics though.

I tried unactivate onboard hd 4000 in win too and all the rest you are recommended to do and rebooted but nothing changed only onboard video works.

I was thinking maybe if I upgrade to the latest bios it would fix it but it runs so good under os x so I am hesitating to do it. I mean it is for just one program so if it is to big a huzzle I will wait for the os x version of the program.

Thanks

@InteliMac Pro: We are back in business with a new NVIDIA drivers. I just downloaded and loaded them up. Things are back to normal. I've booted a few times with no hiccups. 

@alberto21: Thanks for the info. I hit it up on SystemPref/StartUp disk and it did indeed work! I am amazed how deeply the Bios and kext loading are integrated. Either way it worked perfect for me. Big thanks on the fix!! I'll try to look into the Airplay Mirroring on my set up and will let you know if I find anything. 

@Nubira: I'm kinda surprised your having issues with the Win7 side of things. My video problems were mainly on the mac side of things with my build. Does DeviceManager recognize something in the PCIe bay when running a monitor from the integrated video? You may be able to use that as a backdoor to load the driver in assuming Windows sees the video card as a generic video card. 

Anyone have any thoughts on the NVRAM Rom value not being editable via terminal? 

Wake Freeze Problem

I've been having intermittent freezing on wake up after passive sleep.

It wakes up fine after I actively put it to sleep.

However, at times, when I have left the computer on, it automatically seems to go to an unresponsive "sleep" state--the power LED is still on, the monitor is in standby, and there is no response to keyboard or mouse.  I have to press the hardware reset button to restart the computer.

There have been a number of posts with Mac Mini's and Mac Pro's having this issue since upgrading to Yosemite.

Possibly related to the "displaypolicyd" permissions error.

Some have attributed it to using the onboard audio port.

I continue to have this issue despite upgrading to 10.10.1.

Changing video from HDMI to DVI has not helped.

Anyone else having this problem?

I installed 10.10 and then reverted back to 10.9 and now I can't use facetime?

I enter my login details and in doesn't login. I tried clearing nvram which temporally works but when I restart it won't log in again.

As I use this for work it's kind of a PITA.

Can anyone please advise on how to resolve this. I was hoping there would be a way to add some info to the .plist on the efi partition but I can't access it.

I have a macbook pro retina if that helps with any nvram settings.

Thanks

Ps bios is 894

Pss

When I try to sign into imessage I get this message Your Apple ID "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" can't be used to set up iMessage at this time.

Wake/Sleep Problem

i am having a similar issue (I don't use the Nvidia drivers).  When the system wakes from 'deep sleep' from a keypress or button press , the screen stays black.  At first , I tought it was an issue with the DisplayPort so I move back to DVI but it did not fix it.  I have narrowed it down to Bluetooth , the proof is that if you VNC into it , the screen will then come back on  but the system will not accept any input from a bluetooth device (mouse, keyboard) until you shut it down, unplug the Bluetooth Adapter , re-plug it and reboot.

My IOGear Bleutooth adapter is connected on a USB 3 port on top of the case (better line of sight) , I will try to move it to a USB 2 port and see if the problem persists.

I installed 10.10 and then reverted back to 10.9 and now I can't use facetime?

I enter my login details and in doesn't login. I tried clearing nvram which temporally works but when I restart it won't log in again.

As I use this for work it's kind of a PITA.

Can anyone please advise on how to resolve this. I was hoping there would be a way to add some info to the .plist on the efi partition but I can't access it.

I have a macbook pro retina if that helps with any nvram settings.

Thanks

Ps bios is 894

Pss

When I try to sign into imessage I get this message Your Apple ID "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" can't be used to set up iMessage at this time.

Your system info probably got black listed by Apple when you updated to Yosemite. There are some fixes floating around, but I haven't gotten anything to work yet, mostly because of lack of time to really dig into it. I think you can add your MBP's MLB and ROM values to the defaults.plist somehow but I haven't tried it yet. I've read you can also add your QUO board's MAC address for whatever connection you use in the place of your MBP's ROM, but I haven't been able to verify because just adding them to NVRAM in terminal doesn't seem to work as ROM is reset on reboot by all accounts. Anybody feel free to correct me.

To update the above post. I reflashed bios to 894 and now imessage and facetime etc are all working again. Weird.

Has it kept working after subsequent reboots? 

Your system info probably got black listed by Apple when you updated to Yosemite. There are some fixes floating around, but I haven't gotten anything to work yet, mostly because of lack of time to really dig into it. I think you can add your MBP's MLB and ROM values to the defaults.plist somehow but I haven't tried it yet. I've read you can also add your QUO board's MAC address for whatever connection you use in the place of your MBP's ROM, but I haven't been able to verify because just adding them to NVRAM in terminal doesn't seem to work as ROM is reset on reboot by all accounts. Anybody feel free to correct me.

Has it kept working after subsequent reboots? 

^^^

Thanks

Yes it has kept working after numerous reboots. With 894 facetime etc. all worked ok with yosemite until I moved back to 10.9 with time machine.

One interesting thing, I used imessage debug (V2), and after I reflashed the bios, the NVRAM/ROM had different serials. I guess this is why it started working ok again.

If anyone know how I can access the defaults.plist or any other work around I would be very grateful.

I'm hoping a new bios may fix these issues with yosemite.

Ps

On 894 bios, 10.10 installed fine, but now 10.10.1 won't install at all. Not sure what happens with 1479 though...

i am having a similar issue (I don't use the Nvidia drivers).  When the system wakes from 'deep sleep' from a keypress or button press , the screen stays black.  At first , I tought it was an issue with the DisplayPort so I move back to DVI but it did not fix it.  I have narrowed it down to Bluetooth , the proof is that if you VNC into it , the screen will then come back on  but the system will not accept any input from a bluetooth device (mouse, keyboard) until you shut it down, unplug the Bluetooth Adapter , re-plug it and reboot.

My IOGear Bleutooth adapter is connected on a USB 3 port on top of the case (better line of sight) , I will try to move it to a USB 2 port and see if the problem persists.

recently ordered one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131343121358?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201204735311?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Should have native bluetooth & AC wifi speed.

Using natively supported bluetooth etc cut's out allot of issues.