OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Just updated to Yosemite and everything is working great.  Had to call Apple Support to give them the code for iMessage but it works now!

Did everyone just use the Legacy audio patch for 10.9?  Mine is greyed out in 10.10

@ Redtigerxx somethings not right here. ok lets start for the beginning.  1 reflash to new bios. 2 try default bios settings 3 fresh install of maverick 4 download yosmite from apple store then install over maverick install. ( i don't know you are getting the boot arguments it shouldn't happen so hence the reflash)

I'm gonna try that this weekend. This morning I found out that I only get a black screen on boot. I can't even get in the bios, but I didn't had time to find out what the problem is. So saterday I have time to try your solution, if I can get to the Bios. 

@ Redtigerxx I had a similar situation. I resolved it by repartitioning my hard drive and then I was able to boot from my Yosemite USB install stick without kernel panic. You can determine if your hd is a culprit by disconnecting it and just trying to boot from USB (no other hd connected). Worked for me.

Yes I'm gonna try that. 

Hi @all

Just updated to bios 1479 then to Yosemite. Updated from Appstore. Everything is working just fine. Had to call in for iMessage but now all seems ok.

What do you mean  by 'had to call in'?  Can you elaborate on that?  Thanks.

If I may ask in this forum...

If I have a hackintosh working well on a Gigabyte motherboard, is it worth buying a QUO motherboard?

The main reason I would switch to QUO is the possibility of not running "MultiBS," Clover, etc, every time my OS X is upgraded--this bothers me greatly.

Also, I have to opportunity to buy the QUO motherboard at 1/2 price used, and already have all the other compatible hardware (i7-3770k, 650 Ti)

However, it seems that the QUO motherboard may need some tweaking to work, as well?  Also, it is using quite an older chipset at this point.

Respectfully,

johnny

Respectfully,

johnny

Johny

each time someone ask this kind of question, a lot of people in this forun, said this is not the place for this kind of question, so ...

But : this is not a good question. Why ? Quo don't get that board in stock, they are not able to delivery all their kickstarter client.

@Jkim74 I've built a few hackintoshes and the QUO Motherboard as been the easiest build.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  @posmelet. i was a kickstart backer for this board. and it took months to get my motherboard. i and a lot of ppl were not happy. i don't know the inferstucture  of the company i think the were mistakes made. but i have got my motherboard and its the easyiest hackintosh I've ever built. 

Clean install of Yosemite on the hardware listed below, all is working except iMessage.  I get the following dialog: 'Could not login to iMessage.  An error occurred during activation.  Please try again'.  Same hardware worked under Mountain Lion.

@toastie  link about it on this page. and update your bios to 1479. no need to used patched sound

Forgot to correct my signature.  I am on 1479, and I'm not using any patches, just the vanilla Yosemite installer and nothing else.  I have the iMessage issue, and for some reason now, I cannot shut down cleanly.  If I do a shutdown, the system reboots, and I get a warning that the system shutdown due to an error that appears to be due to the graphics card.  Unfortunately, I don't have the saved diagnostics report. 

@ redtigerxx are you up and running now

Yes, everything seems to function. I think I need to call Apple to fix iMessage, but I will do that later. The next challenge is this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=19450796#post19450796 

Once again I need to enable Kext dev mode. Doe you know how to do this when you have a vanilla copy of OS X? 

@toastie  disable cpu graphics in bios and repair permissions on your H/D

No luck.  Integrated graphics disabled.  Had to repair disk and repair permissions.  Something still odd with shutdown.  FYI, this is the backtrace from the log:

0xffffff81f4ad3fb0 : 0xffffff800043ac46 

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
         com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(2.4.1)[6D99A3BE-D531-3780-880B-13F2FC894A4A]@0xffffff7f80dec000->0xffffff7f80e32fff
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[766FC23F-452C-3B74-951C-598BB17BCF06]@0xffffff7f80b24000
         com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport(2.4.1)[F4738C55-B507-3627-A9CA-3D29A5230A03]@0xffffff7f80e33000->0xffffff7f80e42fff
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(2.4.1)[6D99A3BE-D531-3780-880B-13F2FC894A4A]@0xffffff7f80dec000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.9)[766FC23F-452C-3B74-951C-598BB17BCF06]@0xffffff7f80b24000
         com.apple.nvidia.driver.NVDAResman(10.0)[53CC0E05-7382-336C-8239-AE884D6CA71A]@0xffffff7f80e49000->0xffffff7f810c9fff
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONDRVSupport(2.4.1)[F4738C55-B507-3627-A9CA-3D29A5230A03]@0xffffff7f80e33000
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(2.4.1)[6D99A3BE-D531-3780-880B-13F2FC894A4A]@0xffffff7f80dec000
            dependency: com.apple.AppleGraphicsDeviceControl(3.7.21)[4700601D-3FEB-3B86-B2BA-8D71AF84D1C4]@0xffffff7f80e43000

Looks like there is a kernel panic at shutdown, so it never actually halts.  Which is kind of odd, as the first few times after install, I had no issues.

Still have the iMessage issue, but I think one topic at a time.  

Yes, everything seems to function. I think I need to call Apple to fix iMessage, but I will do that later. The next challenge is this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=19450796#post19450796 

Once again I need to enable Kext dev mode. Doe you know how to do this when you have a vanilla copy of OS X? 

Edit /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist adding it to the kernel flags section which will most likely be empty it is read and used every boot if there is anything to use in it.

• Like 1

Edit /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist adding it to the kernel flags section which will most likely be empty it is read and used every boot if there is anything to use in it.

I've edited the list. But when I run nvram -p in the terminal it doesn't show up. Any ideas? I can upload a picture of the nvram -p results but I don't know if there is any sensitive data in the list.