OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I can't find the (custom) Bios on the Tor network anymore (and the latest bios isn't mirrored in the Wiki). Pointers Anyone?

Cheers

S.

You check the wiki on the first post?

Wiki not up to date. Not sure why my InsanelyMac login won't work on the wiki.

Regardless, first link in this thread points to Mediafire and is still online, and there is also a GitHub repo with copies of all earlier versions.

Hee Guys, I installed the latest BIOS firmware on the Z77MX-QUO-AOS and did a Yosemite Vanilla install. Everything is working except for iMessage and the audio. On the wikipage there is a link to the ALC892 KEXT, but the installer only gives 10.9 as latest option. I tried a lot of different things, but the audio still isn't working. Did any of you got it working under 10.10? 

Did an update in place. Backed everything up first (Carbon Copy Cloner - now has a new version for Yosemite, but Mavericks version worked for backup). Downloaded and ran Yosemite update. It told me I didn't have enough room in my Core Storage and to retry. I did. No problem second time. Everything that worked before still works, including audio. Simple.

Don't forget to back up first though, as always.

Oh, 894M ROM, Core i7 o/c to 4.1 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 770 4GB, 3TB fusion boot drive.

On the wikipage there is a link to the ALC892 KEXT, but the installer only gives 10.9 as latest option. I tried a lot of different things, but the audio still isn't working. Did any of you got it working under 10.10? 

You need to add the boot flag "kext-dev-mode=1". Once you patch AppleHDA you break the codesigning and it won't load in Yosemite without that flag.

I updated to the newest version of the BIOS. Installed Windows 8.1 in UEFI mode, and OSX 10.10 Yosemite. I am unable to get my graphics card working, which previously worked in 894 and 828. I believe that my card does not have GOP VBIOS.

Specs of the machine are:

i7-3770k

16GB Corsair Vengance

Asus GTX 660 DC2O 2GD5

Intel 520 (Windows)

Samsung 840 (OSX)

1TB Seagate

3TB Seagate

Mobo speaker is installed, beeps at post, BIOS settings are all UEFI and onboard video is enabled.

I believe my best course of action is purchasing a new graphics card, but I am hoping someone could come up with an alternative that would save me the money. I do not do any gaming, but do have 4 monitors.

Not quite a tech issue but has anyone heard from this company? I have been waiting 3 weeks to get an RMA approved and aside from a few e-mails back assuring I would get instructions soon I haven't heard anything back. When I try to call them I get voicemail full errors. x.x

Not quite a tech issue but has anyone heard from this company? I have been waiting 3 weeks to get an RMA approved and aside from a few e-mails back assuring I would get instructions soon I haven't heard anything back. When I try to call them I get voicemail full errors. x.x

When I ordered this mobo I had the same problems. Phone didn't work and I waited a couple of months before the mobo arrived. Some angry emails seemed to help.

My RMA experience was a disaster...why do you need to RMA the board ?

You need to add the boot flag "kext-dev-mode=1". Once you patch AppleHDA you break the codesigning and it won't load in Yosemite without that flag.

I edited com.apple.boot.plist with de kext dev and repaired the premissions. But Yosemite won't boot now. Where did I go wrong? I used this: <key>Arguments</key>

<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>

My RMA experience was a disaster...why do you need to RMA the board ?

I gave my kickstarter motherboard to my roommate and built him a hack mac when I got my Asus board (it didn't come before my 2010 mac pro died so I couldn't wait anymore). It now won't POST or even give any beep codes. I think the firmware just blew up. Haven't flashed an update for a long time, and even switching to the backup BIOS doesn't help. I checked CPU, PSU, video card, etc and all of those components work in different systems.

I edited com.apple.boot.plist with de kext dev and repaired the premissions. But Yosemite won't boot now. Where did I go wrong? I used this: Arguments

kext-dev-mode=1

that should be:  Kernel Flagskext-dev-mode=1

I gave my kickstarter motherboard to my roommate and built him a hack mac when I got my Asus board (it didn't come before my 2010 mac pro died so I couldn't wait anymore). It now won't POST or even give any beep codes. I think the firmware just blew up. Haven't flashed an update for a long time, and even switching to the backup BIOS doesn't help. I checked CPU, PSU, video card, etc and all of those components work in different systems.

Have you tried removing the motherboard battery for 15 minutes ? 

that should be:  <key>Kernel Flags</key> <string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>

I've edited the boot plist from my Mavericks partition, but still getting this image when I try to boot Yosemite. DEA67_F4_C_922_A_4_D1_A_B2_CE_DC5357_C10

I'm using 1479 bios. and  works fine. for me. from maverick to yosemite for apple store.  you don't need  to patch sound with this bios or need to add Arguments

I've updated my bios from this page: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Z77MX-QUO-AOS#Installation_Guide 

What kind of update did you run and where can I find the firmware? 

@ Redtigerxx Link to bios download on page 85. of this topic. load bios try disabling onboard graphics (it look like a cpu setting error) from your screen shot

Tried that bu didn't work. Removed the cardreader and it now gives a 0x0 fault.

@ Redtigerxx Link to bios download on page 85. of this topic. load bios try disabling onboard graphics (it look like a cpu setting error) from your screen shot

Tried that bu didn't work. Removed the cardreader and it now gives a 0x0 fault.

@ Redtigerxx i would try disconnecting everything. but you OS X hd and your install usb. it maybe a hardwear problem

I don't think it's the hardware. My Mavericks SSD is functional and runs fine.

@ Redtigerxx i would try disconnecting everything. but you OS X hd and your install usb. it maybe a hardwear problem

I don't think it's the hardware. My Mavericks SSD is functional and runs fine.

@ Redtigerxx i would just try it. you need to find out if its hard wear or soft wear problem so i would start with hard wear. you need to know what it is .not think.

Okay I tried it, but the same happens. boot args slide=0 is where it goes wrong I think. Any idea what it means?

@ Redtigerxx somethings not right here. ok lets start for the beginning.  1 reflash to new bios. 2 try default bios settings 3 fresh install of maverick 4 download yosmite from apple store then install over maverick install. ( i don't know you are getting the boot arguments it shouldn't happen so hence the reflash)

@ Redtigerxx I had a similar situation. I resolved it by repartitioning my hard drive and then I was able to boot from my Yosemite USB install stick without kernel panic. You can determine if your hd is a culprit by disconnecting it and just trying to boot from USB (no other hd connected). Worked for me.

Wiki not up to date. Not sure why my InsanelyMac login won't work on the wiki.

Regardless, first link in this thread points to Mediafire and is still online, and there is also a GitHub repo with copies of all earlier versions.

Thanks Timmy Pete! ;)

Since Hermicrab labs no longer seems to be online, what is the official (unofficial) source? I mean, these things don't grow on trees and drop down from the sky, so how do you track the latest releases? The Github repo? A mystery poster?.... A man, (or woman) ... (or robot!) who's name nor avatar does not exist in this physical nor ethereal world... (hush hush!  :ninja: ) ?