OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

what can I say more then that Oz is not Clover and it will never be.

Hey Bro, don't understand me wrong, a firmaware that run OSX so simply is better then Clover (EDIT --> on a QUO mobo), just worried when my Big Brother will click on "Update OSx button" and audio will not work until I'll arrive to run the new QUO Audio Update  :).

Surely this is better (the benefit) than "OSX that no longer works", as in other mobo, and surely it will be a wonderful birthday gift for him!  (the real reason)

Hi Mirone,

in the near Future running a signed kext (VoodooHDA) can be better that "AppleHDA.kext can't be loaded due to the invalid signature"... after patching it.

In Yosemite GM candidate however the kext-dev-mode flag still works ..

• Like 1

Hey Bro, don't understand me wrong, a firmaware that run OSX so simply is better then Clover, just worried when my Big Brother will click on "Update OSx button" and audio will not work until I'll arrive to run the new QUO Audio Update  :).

Surely this is better than "OSX that no longer works", as in other mobo, and surely it will be a wonderful birthday gift for him!  (the real reason)

Please do not feed "better then Clover" mania, I had enough "fight" with Clover supporters, Oz does not compete with it, was born long before it, will not replace it and does not care about it.

Why do you think that?

I'm sorry for OFFTOPIC!

Well as I said is my point of view, I for one I am tired to hack damn kext every update, and for what?

VoodooHda serve me very well, OK, is still not perfect, but it can be better and even compete with AppleHDA if enough brains join, what it needs now is HDMI/DP support and polish, that's all, but as we see in many "osx86" things, users prefers to not work hard and have a stable solution and instead hack the damn driver each time.

Since I am oftopic I can give you another example of users lazy, is the NVIDIA injector, nobody did a thing on it since official/nvidia drivers works "ootb", "works" with many missing things but nobody care, and I can keep it like this with examples...

• Like 2

Please do not feed "better then Clover" mania, I had enough "fight" with Clover supporters, Oz does not compete with it, was born long before it, will not replace it and does not care about it.

Of course I agree w u, was not my intention, though I mentioned it. :)

Disabler.kext is programmable kext. You can disable all kexts tha match what you wrote inside it's Info.plist.

I do know what a "disabler" kext is and how it works :P

The discussion was about the one in the firmware. Modbin was making a point that it shouldn't be assumed it was for HDA disabling and it still wasn't understood.

Updating Yosemite (on its own HD) to GM candidate has left it failing to boot with the dreaded 'Still waiting for root device' error. I had updated the BIOS to 1479 and run both my normal Mavericks and the Yosemite Dev rel 8 OK, so I'm reasonably sure that I set the BIOS options right.

One other this in that I changed the NVAM setup to an iMac 13,1 some time ago.

Suggestions welcome...

Re-applied QUO Audio Update Package on top of vanilla AppleHDA.kext ... same issue as before on 10.9.4 ...no sound ...start iTunes let it run for awhile and magic sound appears after some time.

Finally figured that one out.... There was nothing wrong with the board or the kext ... It is the amplifier that is faulty .... Feel so dumb atm

• Like 1

Updating Yosemite (on its own HD) to GM candidate has left it failing to boot with the dreaded 'Still waiting for root device' error. I had updated the BIOS to 1479 and run both my normal Mavericks and the Yosemite Dev rel 8 OK, so I'm reasonably sure that I set the BIOS options right.

One other this in that I changed the NVAM setup to an iMac 13,1 some time ago.

Suggestions welcome...

I think iMac 13,2 fits the model.

Shopping for a 27" inch monitor for general use and normal gaming that is not a TV ( NOT 1920x1080) and will not break the bank ( < 700$) ... suggestions are welcome from monitor owners 

I am extremely happy with an BenQ BL2710 that sits next to my Apple 30" Cinema display. It has a wee bit lesser screen estate, but brightness is comparable, text appears in similar size so there is nearly no strain on the eyes. The proximity sensing touch buttons need a bit of getting used to, but are better than flimsy real buttons or some that are hidden in the back. Great number of interfaces and even has a hanger for the headset. Cost was 489€. I checked with AmaUS, is listed as CAD/CAM for $539.94.

LED-Monitor 68.6 cm (27 inch) BenQ BL2710PT 2560 x 1440 Pixel 16:9 4 ms DisplayPort, HDMI™, VGA, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, height, tilt, pivot, and swivel

I love the 2560*1440 resolution.

LED-Monitor 68.6 cm (27 inch) BenQ BL2710PT 2560 x 1440 Pixel 16:9 4 ms DisplayPort, HDMI™, VGA, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, height, tilt, pivot, and swivel

Thanks, adding it to the list of possible choices. How is it connected to your Hack (DVI, DP, HDMI) ? Do you rember which cables where included in the box if any ? 

Thanks, adding it to the list of possible choices. How is it connected to your Hack (DVI, DP, HDMI) ? Do you rember which cables where included in the box if any ? 

If I remember right it came with DVI and HDMI included. I am using both cables. The HDMI shows me the boot process on the integrated graphics (and is connected to my Apple TV sometimes) and the DVI is for serious working. The sound is okay, but doesn't blow you away, so there is a SONOS soundbar under the Apple Display as sound output connected to the optical on the back of the hack plus two SONOS play:3 for surround, which provide more than adequate ambience.

I do not play at all, so can't comment on that use-case.

Hello All

I have started to experience a strange issue since upgrading to 10.10 from 10.9.5 I am on 1479 Bios. Since the upgrade hardware monitor intermitantley shows the memory and core clock and temprature of my graphics card. Normally I would not worry about this but I have noticed a few applications cause the card to clock up and stick there. One being transmission, this is a known issue with no workaround so I dont use it much. I have also noticed this with an eyncription program for a kingston USB stick. I am running with stock nvram values, I had 10.10 beta 5 installed on an external hard drive and did not see this issue. I expect a fresh install may sort this out but wanted to check if anyone else has seen behaviour like this or if it is just me. I am sure I have left some detail out but I can provide more if required any ideas would be greatly pareciated

Thank you

well son of a...

I'll give it a shot

Update:

{censored} it worked!

Unplugged the fusion drives and tried it with a Mavericks install on a USB3 stick and it. Freaking. Worked.

I wonder what it is about my fusion drive that Oz doesn't like? Hopefully a workaround is found or an update fixes it. I really like my fusion drive.

Great catch, King. Thanks for hanging in there.

Had the same problem bios H3C.1479 cant handle my fusion drive