OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

well son of a...

I'll give it a shot

Update:

{censored} it worked!

Unplugged the fusion drives and tried it with a Mavericks install on a USB3 stick and it. Freaking. Worked.

I wonder what it is about my fusion drive that Oz doesn't like? Hopefully a workaround is found or an update fixes it. I really like my fusion drive.

Great catch, King. Thanks for hanging in there.

• Like 1

Well I split up my fusion drive and reinstalled so that'll do for now. Everything seems to be running great, except audio. Things are showing up in settings, but every time I select SPDIF it just switches back to Line Out (Green Rear).

For SPDIF you will need to set the format to something other than Encoded Digital Audio 

To "fix" the selector set in AudioMidi S/PDIF format to anything else then Encoded Digital.

There is a bug in audio selector not fixed yet, however Encoded Digital works but needs to be selected by player or from AudioMidi(after output is selected).

For SPDIF you will need to set the format to something other than Encoded Digital Audio 

Ah, fantastic. Thank you. Working like a champ now.

EDIT: You responded while I was replying, King. Thank you as well. Are you saying I CAN use encoded digital format if I select SPDIF as my output and then select encoded digital in AudioMidi? I must be missing something because when I try that every time I select encoded digital in AudioMidi it switches right back to Line Out (Black Rear) in audio settings. 

Ah, fantastic. Thank you. Working like a champ now.

EDIT: You responded while I was replying, King. Thank you as well. Are you saying I CAN use encoded digital format if I select SPDIF as my output and then select encoded digital in AudioMidi? I must be missing something because when I try that every time I select encoded digital in AudioMidi it switches right back to Line Out (Black Rear) in audio settings. 

Nah, my bad,since I spend 90% on Windows I have memory leaks LOL ;)

Just checked, works only from player.

• Like 1

This version of vHDA is the best I have ever used, and I have used vHDA since before it was even released to the public!

The detection is the important part and all players that I've tested can see SPDIF and do offer Encoded Digital Audio option if present.

This version of vHDA is the best I have ever used, and I have used vHDA since before it was even released to the public!

The detection is the important part and all players that I've tested can see SPDIF and do offer Encoded Digital Audio option if present.

Is it possible to convert it to a kext? I would like to try it on Clover.

First time post, long time lurker.   I updated my bios on my QUO mobo to the latest Ozmosis 1479 bios.  In Bios Features, Boot Mode Selection settings, I choose UEFI and Legacy, so that I could either boot into OSX or Windows 7.   Upon save and exit, "F12" key pressed for boot options and my legacy Windows 7 HD does not show up as a boot option -- Only UEFI HDs show.

I have retried settings several times with the same results.  In the meantime I have reverted back to the 894 bios.

Anyone have the same problem?   What can I do to resolve this?  Thanks for your assistance.

...Upon save and exit, "F12" key pressed for boot options and my legacy Windows 7 HD does not show up as a boot option -- Only UEFI HDs show.

I have retried settings several times with the same results.  In the meantime I have reverted back to the 894 bios.

Anyone have the same problem?   What can I do to resolve this?  Thanks for your assistance.

Install Windows in UEFI mode.

Or

Open Terminal.app and run this:

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:DisableBootEntriesFilter=%01

I haven't had a chance to install the update BIOS yet, but am planning to do so when I get home. Does anyone know if it changes the situation with Wake on Lan?

I've never been able to get it to work on my board, and so far as I can recall there were no answers to someone else's questions on this a few weeks back.

On a second point:

Install Windows in UEFI mode.

Or

Open Terminal.app and run this:

I've brought across a legacy Windows 7 HDD from before my Quo build, and have unsuccessfully tried to convert a cloned copy of this disk to UEFI. Are you aware of any easy way to convert to UEFI that I could try on another clone?