OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

I was going to restore my bios backup of 894 and see if it booted. If it did would that tell you anything?

if it does then it may be the CSM video fail on those corean monitors, but i dunno the model, nor any more information, like if they get correct resolution(you can see if monitor have osd).

Asked for PC-Beeper, do you have one mounted onboard?

if it does then it may be the CSM video fail on those corean monitors, but i dunno the model, nor any more information, like if they get correct resolution(you can see if monitor have osd).

Asked for PC-Beeper, do you have one mounted onboard?

oops sorry. No I don't have a beeper handy and nowhere to get one until tomorrow. The monitors do have osd. They're running at full resolution now. I reflashed my backed up 894 and I'm back in Yosemite. Weird thing though: It kept booting normally and then when it should have brought up the desktop my monitor just stopped getting signal and went into power save mode. I switched one of the monitors to the IGPU and it booted up but was glitchy for a second and then just displayed static. I plugged it back into the GTX but into a different port (it has 3 DVI ports) and voila, back in Yosemite on 894m. I'm going to try flashing the bios again with this configuration and see what happens.

Edit: Having some weird Finder issues now though. Every time I try to open a folder it crashes Finder. I'll try repairing permissions and rebooting.

Edit2: Well apparently there's something wrong with my drive. Tried verifying it and that failed so I booted into recovery and it can't repair it so I'll have to backup and do a clean install. Bios will have to wait.

Can you tell me how you enter again in bios in order to reflash with black screen please?

I flash ed the New bios, yosemite started and all worked well but with f12 i cannot see my Windows drive.. Than i changed some settings of uefi and legacy, after that black screen, i cannot even enter in bios for reflash please help

Can you tell me how you enter again in bios in order to reflash with black screen please?

You have to activate the secondary bios. Turn your machine off. Push and hold both the start and restart buttons for like 5-10 seconds. The computer will start and turn off while you do this. I held them in for a few seconds after the computer shut back down. Then hit the power button again. It should restart a few times and then boot the secondary bios and go through the process of flashing back to the stock bios.

I'm pretty noob however last bios saw all hdds in f12 menù, the new bios works well, everithing work, bios see all hdds as well, the only problem is the f12 menù that see only mac drives

Try disabling the boot entry filter. For you on quo board you would want nvram setting i guess.

// If DisableBootEntriesFilter NEEDS to be enabled, change second line bellow and set to true, then add both line in Defaults.plist

DisableBootEntriesFilter

@intellimacpro,

your new bios issues are almost certainly monitor/csm/uefi/legacy mode related-

remove the GTX, plug an older or lower rez monitor into the motherboard igpu port, update bios, enter bios and make sure your CSM is set to legacy only, then re-install the GTX (disable onboard graphics if you don't use it).

cheers,

g\

@intellimacpro,

your new bios issues are almost certainly monitor/csm/uefi/legacy mode related-

remove the GTX, plug an older or lower rez monitor into the motherboard igpu port, update bios, enter bios and make sure your CSM is set to legacy only, then re-install the GTX (disable onboard graphics if you don't use it).

cheers,

g\

So far no luck. I did as you suggested, plugging into a 1920x1080 LG monitor via a HDMI to DVI (DVI on the monitor) adapter cable and same problem. Tried again with a straight up DVI cable and same thing. I got to thinking last night that I think I had a similar issue when I installed this 1866MHz RAM. It wouldn't boot with all four sticks installed at first, so I removed a couple and it booted and I went into bios and enabled XMP profiles and then it booted with all four. I think that's how it went anyway. If that turns out to be the problem I'm going to throw things.

Update: Nope. Not the RAM. Same problem with sticks removed and with 1666MHz RAM I started with originally. Going to try refreshing again with the old RAM and see what happens. I just don't get why everything works (well at least video and I can get into the bios) with every other version of Ozmosis.

Update2: Nothing but a black screen. 894 and older = good(ish). Newest version (what's the number on this one anyway?) = frustration for me.

Is it possible that 1479 hates my 690? I actually had this exact issue when I turned off CSM on 894. That's how I found out it didn't have a GOP bios. I disabled CSM (to see if it would fix boot logo resolution) and I got no picture whatsoever. But I don't know why that would still give me a problem using the IGPU.

In Q-Flash, is everybody getting a checksum of 638Fh before you confirm the flash? Just curious.

Is it possible that 1479 hates my 690?

It may be a problem with the new CsmVideo driver to not like your GTX 690, but since your specs are secret(I asked you twice for full specification) I cannot help you, Contact vendor of your card, whatever is, and ask for GOP BIOS.

Integrated graphics (IGPU) works only if you take out the discrete card, if BIOS detects discrete as primary and you want IGPU wont work.

Also without status codes(PC-Beeper) is impossible to identify even if the BIOS posted, black screen is generic and tells nothing....

Last resort is to extract CsmVideo from 894 and replace on 1479.

It may be a problem with the new CsmVideo driver to not like your GTX 690, but since your specs are secret(I asked you twice for full specification) I cannot help you, Contact vendor of your card, whatever is, and ask for GOP BIOS.

Integrated graphics (IGPU) works only if you take out the discrete card, if BIOS detects discrete as primary and you want IGPU wont work.

Also without status codes(PC-Beeper) is impossible to identify even if the BIOS posted, black screen is generic and tells nothing....

Last resort is to extract CsmVideo from 894 and replace on 1479.

Full specs are in my sig. Can you not see them? Since you're always railing against people for not having them I figured it would be the first place you'd look. Sorry for the misunderstanding there.

Specs are i7 3770k, GTX 690, 32GB 1866 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO/4TB WD Black fusion drive, Apple Broadcom AC Wifi/BT on a PCI adapter, and a 6 port USB 3 PCI card. I use dual 2560x1440 displays that are reject Apple Cinema panels along with a Moshi keyboard, Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad.

I've tried updating to 1479 under every configuration I can think of and that's been mentioned here. I've removed the GTX (and literally everything else except the keyboard) and plugged into a 1920x1080 LG display via DVI and HDMI. I've also swapped out the RAM with 16GB (8x2) 1600MHz RAM as well as tried with a single stick. 

Everything works just fine on the stock BIOS it shipped with after flashing from the recovery BIOS, as well as 828 and 894. I have no problems with video other than a distorted boot logo. When I update to 1479 under ANY configuration I get a black screen on boot. I've reflashed about 15 times. md5 and Sha1 were good. I've never had a problem after updating a bios on this board until now.

Full specs are in my sig. Can you not see them? Since you're always railing against people for not having them I figured it would be the first place you'd look. Sorry for the misunderstanding there.

Specs are i7 3770k, GTX 690, 32GB 1866 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO/4TB WD Black fusion drive, Apple Broadcom AC Wifi/BT on a PCI adapter, and a 6 port USB 3 PCI card. I use dual 2560x1440 displays that are reject Apple Cinema panels along with a Moshi keyboard, Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad.

I've tried updating to 1479 under every configuration I can think of and that's been mentioned here. I've removed the GTX (and literally everything else except the keyboard) and plugged into a 1920x1080 LG display via DVI and HDMI. I've also swapped out the RAM with 16GB (8x2) 1600MHz RAM as well as tried with a single stick. 

Everything works just fine on the stock BIOS it shipped with after flashing from the recovery BIOS, as well as 828 and 894. I have no problems with video other than a distorted boot logo. When I update to 1479 under ANY configuration I get a black screen on boot. I've reflashed about 15 times. md5 and Sha1 were good. I've never had a problem after updating a bios on this board until now.

Yes I see them, but you the n00b, do not understand that gtx 690 tells nothing to me, asked twice(3 with last post) for manufacturer of that card.

Also "Apple rejected panels" ZOMG, I need the manufacturer/model, its electronic who talks with the graphics card not that apple cinema panel(that is made by LG BTW, Apple only does the quality check).

If even with IGPU it does not work then your superb "Apple Cinema Panels" comes with 5$ electronics use the last resort from my previous post or stay with 894.

I am done with this subject.

god you can be a cranky, condescending {censored} sometimes.

The card's an EVGA. I wasn't trying to brag about my displays. Lord knows they're not the greatest thing since sliced bread. I was just trying to supply you with all the info I could. The company that put them together is called Zalcom Technology and the model is ZM27Qu/z or Zevroid-27Qu/z. That's what's on the back of the monitor, at least. On their website all I see is a Zevroid-27Qu, but it appears to be the same display. I'm not ruling them or the card out 100% but you tell me why I had the exact same black screen issue with everything pulled from my board other than CPU, a stick of RAM, and a keyboard, running from the IGPU plugged into an LG display once over DVI and once over HDMI. No GTX or shady monitors involved in the equation and no reason for it to work on 894 and not 1479 for all configurations. I even pulled the CMOS battery as you suggested for like 10 minutes before one attempt. The last thing you suggested I do is get a PC-beeper, which I'll do tomorrow.

Never heard of that company, I have same "Apple Cinema Panel" but under a "trusted" vendor "Crossover" and never had problem with anything connected to it, not just this board.

Anyway as I said for me works, IGPU I tested same as you LG 1920x1080 but TV, works just fine both dvi2hdmi(LG TV has only hdmi) or HDMI ports, i have no active mdp adapter to test DP port of the monitor, w/o it I have no image till OS kicks in using one of the mdp(thunderbolt) ports.

SO, only then bad cables, 3 bad displays(LOL) I have no other idea.

894, or extract CsmVideo from 894 replace on latest and try.

Haha damn. I almost went with Crossover displays, too. This was my first foray into Korean monitors. I've never used mdp because I didn't think it supported the higher resolution of the displays and didn't even think to attempt it. Do you think using an mdp cable would possibly yield different results? Do the TB ports on the board support video? I could try them and the mdp port on the GTX...

Do the TB ports on the board support video? I could try them and the mdp port on the GTX...

Manual?

Yes they do....

But since I have no Thunderbolt display or active mDP adaptor I have no signal on monitor till OS kicks in using my monitor DP port.

I doubt it will make any difference on your problem, but try anything...