OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

I've found out that obviously the motherboard's Intel NIC solution is not the typical PHY one that can be found on other motherboards and that relies on the motherboard's Z77 chipset for most of its functions but a dedicated one. This means that you might have to enable the "LAN PXE Boot Option ROM" first (page 28 of the manual, default: "disabled") to get WOL configured. I haven't finished my own build yet so this is just a theory ...

Thank you for the reply, i tried that option but nothing.. The other problem si that for example under Windows, avanced option of the network, there isn't a option for magic packets. So i'm asking, is it compatible with the integrated nic or it needs a pci one?

I want Ivy Bridge and GPU power management that reflects as much as possible my components (my signature is up to date)

#Generated with Chameleon Wizard, Champlist doesn't know about iMac13,2
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BiosVersion=IM131.88Z.010A.B05.1210121459
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductName=iMac13,2
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:SystemSerial=xxxxxxxxx
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BaseBoardSerial=xxxxxxxxx.....
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductFamily=iMac
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductId=Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4

Do I need to issue all of these ?

iMac13,2 does not have Firewire ports, will it still work ?

You installed the Windows drivers that came on the CD ?

i tried, but from that cd i cannot install the lan driver, don't know why, it says that the intel® adapter is not present. I'm on windows 8.1 64 bit. Also tried to download the last driver from intel website, same problem

UPDATE: i finally installed the driver from cd, still no option for magic packet under advanced tab

iMac13,2 does not have Firewire ports, will it still work ?

Here diggitydru writes that he's using a USB/FireWire card with an "iMac13,2" configuration. Maybe he can tell you if FireWire ports show up in "About This Mac".

BTW how did you notice that Ivy Bridge and GPU power management don't reflect as much as possible your components with an (assumed) "MacPro3,1" configuration?

I would suppose that 10.9.4 includes downward compatible "family" device drivers for the Intel CPU & Chipset + NVIDIA GPU that should ensure ideal power management.

BTW how did you notice that Ivy Bridge and GPU power management don't reflect as much as possible your components with an (assumed) "MacPro3,1" configuration?

I would suppose that 10.9.4 includes downward compatible "family" device drivers for the Intel CPU & Chipset + NVIDIA GPU that should ensure ideal power management.

MacPro3,1 did not come  a i5 processor

MacPro3,1 did not come with a Nvidia GTX (some model did come with Quatro or GT8600)

MacPro3,1 did not have USB 3

MacPro3,1 did not have Thunderbolt

iMac13,2 has all the above but not FireWire that MacPro3,1 had.

I remember reading a post from TheKing (I will not  dispute TheKing's wisdom) that MacPro3,1 was chosen for SnowLeopard compatibility OOTB with H3A BIOS, and that it might not be the best choice for Lion and up

i tried, but from that cd i cannot install the lan driver, don't know why, it says that the intel® adapter is not present. I'm on windows 8.1 64 bit. Also tried to download the last driver from intel website, same problem

UPDATE: i finally installed the driver from cd, still no option for magic packet under advanced t

I am getting confused here ..... are we actually talking about a Z77MX-AOS-QUO board or  Asus Sabertooth board in your signature ?

Have you tried with another OS ? 

Sorry old signature, i'm on z77mx, tried Windows 8.1 and yosemite beta

My suggestion : Try with Mavericks or Mountain Lion (beta software is beta software) with custom BIOS, it should work straight away. 

If it still does not work, I would have to conclude that the LAN port is defective

#Generated with Chameleon Wizard, Champlist doesn't know about iMac13,2
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BiosVersion=IM131.88Z.010A.B05.1210121459
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductName=iMac13,2
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:SystemSerial=xxxxxxxxx
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BaseBoardSerial=xxxxxxxxx.....
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductFamily=iMac
sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:ProductId=Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A

I did the above, shows as iMac in about this Mac, everything hardware is working

But when I signed into iMessage... it disabled my AppleID, I had to call Apple to re-activate...

Any idea on what I missed ?

MacPro3,1 did not come  a i5 processor

MacPro3,1 did not come with a Nvidia GTX (some model did come with Quatro or GT8600)

MacPro3,1 did not have USB 3

MacPro3,1 did not have Thunderbolt

iMac13,2 has all the above but not FireWire that MacPro3,1 had.

I remember reading a post from TheKing (I will not  dispute TheKing's wisdom) that MacPro3,1 was chosen for SnowLeopard compatibility OOTB with H3A BIOS, and that it might not be the best choice for Lion and up

OK, I see that I have to learn much more about Macs.

I was of the mind that the "MacPro3,1" platform is kind of a basis because almost anything could be added to it thanks to expansion cards. But in fact USB 3 is part of the Intel chipset and Thunderbolt is somehow linked to the chipset, too - no chance to add it by inserting an expansion card. At least it is possible to add the current NVIDIA generation. It seems that the Wiki needs an update. They're still recommending the outdated  "MacPro3,1" platform ?!

I will give "iMac13,2" a try once I will set up my build (still undergoing case / PSU modding).

We will take down the site tomorrow.

:hysterical:

Nope I don't but my AppleTV is ATV2, not sure it is supported on all AppleTVs

Yeah my Apple TV's are 3rd gens, and it works on my MBP, just not the hack. If I remember correctly I think it worked fine until like 10.9.2. King mentioned something about it being an OS X issue I think. Anybody know how to get it working?

I would love to get my hands on one those.

The one person that knows most of Ozmosis to my knowledge is xpamamadeus. Try sending him a pm.

Now back on topic, anyone has built a hack with the QUO board, stock BIOS (F2N or F3A)  with a successfull overclock would like to share his experience ?

I am asking because H-Bios does not support overclock.... and I have a K cpu

Yes  BIOS: H3B.894M is H-BIOS to me ... I was looking forward to overclock using voltage offset and found out I could not set it. But looks like you were able to change the CPU multiplier nontheless....is that the only thing you changed that you recall ?