• Please log in to reply
1882 replies to this topic

InteliMac Pro

InteliMac Pro

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Well I went through the bios and enabled a bunch of {censored} and tweaked a few things. Not sure which setting did it, but my optical drive is now detected under disc burning. My CPU is now also detected as running at 3.9 rather than 3.5 and everything is a bit snappier and loads faster at boot so that's a nice little bonus.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

Well I went through the bios and enabled a bunch of {censored} and tweaked a few things. Not sure which setting did it, but my optical drive is now detected under disc burning. My CPU is now also detected as running at 3.9 rather than 3.5 and everything is a bit snappier and loads faster at boot so that's a nice little bonus.

Well, when you are sure which settings did it, let us know...

InteliMac Pro

InteliMac Pro

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Well, when you are sure which settings did it, let us know...

I'm honestly not sure, but here, these should be all my settings:

http://s851.photobuc...26/library/Bios

If I had to guess what got my optical drive recognized, it would be under System/SATA Configuration. I enabled Hot Plug on my optical drive. The speed bump is due to setting Performance Enhance under Advanced to Turbo. It also has an Extreme setting, which I'm trying out now, and it seems solid. It didn't bump up my CPU speed anymore, though. Temps might be a couple degrees higher. OS X boots lightning quick now. I think it's due to the optical drive being recognized. At least I think I remember reading somewhere that is what can cause slow boot. Also, whatever you do, DO NOT enable Integrated Graphics. Maybe if you don't have a discreet card installed, but EVERY SINGLE TIME I try it it corrupts my bios and I have to fiddle with getting the secondary bios to engage and reflash. Super annoying. All the other stuff I enabled doesn't seem to have any ill effects, although I can't really tell if they're of any benefit either. One thing I know for sure is if you want to use Parallels you have to enable Intel Virtualization Technology. So there's that. This is all assuming you're running the 828 bios.

Now if I could just figure out why wake for network access isn't working anymore, I'd be set. It just stopped working one day with zero modifications. It's really annoying having to manually wake the computer up if I want to use my Apple TV. Before it would wake itself periodically like it's supposed to, but now it just stays in sleep until I hit a key. Bizarre. 

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

So you know, if you press F12 it will print screen capture to fat16/32 stick format only, or you don't want us to see that you enabled fast boot(hence why it boots faster since it skips some "normal stuff")?

InteliMac Pro

InteliMac Pro

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

I didn't know that. Thanks. My understanding is that fast boot gets you through post faster. I'm talking about when OS X is actually booting, Apple logo and then loading desktop, previously opened apps and windows, that kind of stuff. If that is instead due to fast boot, great. All I know is before I would have a lot of hanging on initial desktop load, but know everything is up and running in seconds. Also, I just woke my computer from sleep and none of my USB peripherals were working other than keyboard. I went back in and disabled legacy USB support to see if it rectifies the problem.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

I will tell you what I said to BugsBunny user some time ago, you are alone on this.

If you think you are experienced enough to play with BIOS fine, but is not fair to came here and complain that BIOS is {censored} or it has bugs because is not like that.

Every bug you mentioned by now is the consequence of your settings, so if you want them fixed load setup defaults, set RAM Profile and SATA HotPlug stuff if you say it fixes your writer and stay away from BIOS.

Maybe is better to do what majority of vendors does on laptops, offer few options in BIOS, or what Apple does, offer none.

UEFI BIOS is not like the older legacy BIOS everyone is used with, or you start learning it, in quiet, and play with it when you know or gave up.

I don't offer free lessons, and I'm quite expensive in private...

InteliMac Pro

InteliMac Pro

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

'Scuse me? I don't recall ever once complaining "that BIOS is {censored}" or that it has bugs (which it obviously does, but the OZ BIOS is much better than what QUO or Gigabyte is bringing to the table). I came here to suggest a possible solution to a problem so others that may have said problem can try, after googling for hours and getting nowhere with it. You obviously never gave me any ideas. I freely admit I don't know everything there is to know about the BIOS, and that by flipping switches with abandon I could possibly cause myself some problems. Obviously now that I have a USB problem that I didn't have before, it's due to something I did, and now I'm going to systematically go back and switch things back until it's corrected. I also don't ever recall asking for your help or "lessons." I posted to a public help forum for help from ANYBODY who was willing to offer it,  but considering this IS a public internet help forum if you don't want to be helpful you're obviously in the wrong place. Then again, since it's the "interwebz," if you want to be a condescending douche, maybe you ARE in the right place in general. 

So for anybody else with any suggestions or tips, feel free to chime in and thank you for your time. 

InteliMac Pro

InteliMac Pro

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Hi, hope I can get some help for an issue I can't seem to solve.

I built my new system with the Quo motherboard and have had it running fine for some time now. Dual boot to Win 7 and Mavericks with no issues except never getting imessage to work but I didn't really care about that.

In going back I noticed this part of your post. There's a fix posted here:

http://www.techspot....g-a-hackintosh/

About halfway down under "Working Out The Kinks" that worked for me. If you haven't seen it, give it a shot.

Figedi

Figedi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

So has anyone resolved the hwsensors ambient temperature bug yet? For me it is also stuck at 127°, note that im on 828M and did a native install.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

So has anyone resolved the hwsensors ambient temperature bug yet? For me it is also stuck at 127°, note that im on 828M and did a native install.

Is not a bug to solve, you do not have Ambient sensor on board so there is nothing to monitor, it will always return max value from SuperIo.

Set in plist to ignore it

ioxx

ioxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Not everyone is made for computers, some things are harder for majority to understand, in your case, that the BIOS has his own A.I.

When you start moving hardware it detects your changes and resets to default...

If is someone at who you want to yell is AMI/Gigabyte, "the others" tried so far to correct their bugs...

Why would not be a non auto reseting value bios made?

xpamamadeus

xpamamadeus

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 588 posts

Why would not be a non auto reseting value bios made?

becouse then noobs will always say that they brick mobo and that nothing work like it should...

Bernard Leclerc

Bernard Leclerc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

@ All

Anyone experienced Parallels Desktop on Quo board ? I am running Mavericks. Would like to use Windows 7 or 8 whitout dual-booting. Any other virtualization program  ?

Thanks in advance.

Bernard L. :)

Jaco2k

Jaco2k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Hi all,

Has anyone got a gtx760 to work without problems?

As described by another user, I also had plenty of issues - here is the description:
- if I set IGPU to boot first, I can boot into OSX side plugged into the GTX760 but I can never get Windows 8.1 to get to login screen. If I login via remote desktop I see that Windows 8 picks up both cards and there is a conflict where the GTX760 cannot get any resources.
- if I disable IGPU, the board doesnt even get past the QUO logo with the GTX760.

I had an 8800GTS that is dying and hence the reason to upgrade and that one will work just fine, even with IGPU disabled or in auto.

Any tips? I am currently stuck with the internal HD4000 since it is the only way to get windows 8.1 to boot...

What is a recommended known good GFX card or which settings would get the GTX760 to work?

Cheers and thanks in advance for the help.
J

Figedi

Figedi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Is not a bug to solve, you do not have Ambient sensor on board so there is nothing to monitor, it will always return max value from SuperIo.

Set in plist to ignore it

If I heeded all the {censored} I did not get to live long ...

So ignore is preferred, and that includes you.

Shouldn't hwsensors then just ignore the sensor? Well I guess you can just hide the sensor data from the tray

psomelet

psomelet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Hi all,

Has anyone got a gtx760 to work without problems?

I use this card with that setting : http://wiki.osx86pro...p/Z77MX-QUO-AOS

I can work without any trouble under 10.8.5

- if I disable IGPU, the board doesnt even get past the QUO logo with the GTX760.

Me too.

Jaco2k

Jaco2k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

I use this card with that setting : http://wiki.osx86pro...p/Z77MX-QUO-AOS

I can work without any trouble under 10.8.5

Me too.

Thank you for the reply - if you re-read my post you will see that I had it working under OSX also (10.9).

The problem is getting it to work under Windows 8.1 with those settings (or other settings)

ntsmkfob

ntsmkfob

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 233 posts

@ All

Anyone experienced Parallels Desktop on Quo board ? I am running Mavericks. Would like to use Windows 7 or 8 whitout dual-booting. Any other virtualization program  ?

Thanks in advance.

It works great. I have a i5-3570K which only gives vt-x and that works. If you have a 3700 you could also have vt-d enabled, but I believe that causes problems, unless it's been fixed in the current BIOS, and needs to be disabled. I've used Parallels for years on various hacks and never had a problem that related to being run on a hack.

I have a couple of XP, a W7, a W8, an Ubuntu and a Mint VMs all working fine.

IronManJFF

IronManJFF

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

@ All

Thanks in advance.

Salut Bernard,

I am using Parrallels 9 with my QUO i5-3570K, all I had to do was enable VT-X support.

Make sure you have at lease Parrallels 8 (under V7 you computer will not get to sleep )

Bernard Leclerc

Bernard Leclerc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

It works great. I have a i5-3570K which only gives vt-x and that works. If you have a 3700 you could also have vt-d enabled, but I believe that causes problems, unless it's been fixed in the current BIOS, and needs to be disabled. I've used Parallels for years on various hacks and never had a problem that related to being run on a hack.

I have a couple of XP, a W7, a W8, an Ubuntu and a Mint VMs all working fine.

Thanks for the info.

Salut Bernard,

I am using Parrallels 9 with my QUO i5-3570K, all I had to do was enable VT-X support.

Make sure you have at lease Parrallels 8 (under V7 you computer will not get to sleep )

Salut IronManJFF,

Merci pour l'info.

Thanks 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobo

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy