OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Tks for the tricks.

Question : I disconnect windows hd > turn on but and the machine boot in OS X > turn off > Plug again Windows HD > F12, just one Windows boot  manager.

Or

I disconnect windows hd  OS X HD > Boot without any HD > plug all drive > just one boot manager ?

Tks again :-)

or just use the shell's bcfg command to delete the entry ?

BALDY_MAN

I disconnect Windows HD : that's correct W Boot Manager > just one time.

BUT :-)

OS X 2 entry in the F12 listing.

So I remove OS X disk > Boot manager 2 entry in F12

I Removed the 2 disks (no system) > start again > Shut down > Connect the 2 disks and OS again > in F12 2 : entry for OS X 10.8.5 and 2 entry for Windows 8.1

The Quo board work perfectly with that multi F12 choice, so...

BUT

bs0d

Coul'd you give me more detail about that trick ?

>or just use the shell's bcfg command to delete the entry ?

BALDY_MAN

I disconnect Windows HD : that's correct W Boot Manager > just one time.

BUT :-)

OS X 2 entry in the F12 listing.

So I remove OS X disk > Boot manager 2 entry in F12

I Removed the 2 disks (no system) > start again > Shut down > Connect the 2 disks and OS again > in F12 2 : entry for OS X 10.8.5 and 2 entry for Windows 8.1

The Quo board work perfectly with that multi F12 choice, so...

BUT

bs0d

Coul'd you give me more detail about that trick ?

>or just use the shell's bcfg command to delete the entry ?

Hi.

U can just reflash your bios and all boot entry will reset to normal.

Its the fastest way in my opinion.

Hi,

Sorry if this is newbie question and mentioned somewhere, I have read the thread but seems can't find the answer.

I just got my Quo board, reflash the bios with OZ H3B.894M and install vanilla 10.9.2 follow the wiki page http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Z77MX-QUO-AOS

My problems :

1. I have patched with Audio kext ALC892 but still not able to get any audio output from line-out. Audio output from HDMI is OK

Did I miss any additional step ?

2. I try to install Windows 8.1 using bootcamp, but it said "This Mac only supports Windows 7".

When I check, I think because it is recognised as "Mac Pro early 2008" which only support Windows 7 (btw, i'm not able to download software support for Windows 7 either, because the server is down, is it removed ???)

How to install Windows 8.1 on bootcamp ?

Do I need to change Product Info to other Mac Pro ?

How to do that in this setup (vanilla OS + Oz BIOS) ?

Thank you.

@samkunun: As I have experienced failures to send any sound out any of the interfaces (line out in the back or front, digital) and wanted to connect my Sonos to the computer via optical I have searched high and low and finally found a german forum, which had a link to a driver called "VoodooHDA.kext" that goes into /System/Library/Externsions, which worked incredibly well - recognised all ports, even giving the color codes - and digital out works like a charm. {I do hope this kext is not in any shape or form linked to Voldemort's blog?}

But mind: I am preferring SL and the great patch by The King (kudos! It is all greek to me when looking into the script....) is making the ports visible, but not usable under SL (obviously not intended to use with 10.6.8), so if you are on a more "modern" incarnation of OS X you should normally be fine with the patch AFAIK.

Also, the previous Apple provided AudioHDA.kext must go for the voodoo to work.

Just reporting back on the encrypted SSD-issue. Searching through a number of Linux forums, I found a link with a BIOS extension ( http://www.fitzenreiter.de/ata/ata_eng.htm ), which could be packed onto a BIOS of a network card or ven into some area of our Quo-Bios, for those that are not faint at heart.

I would so much appreciate to see the capability of an OZ BIOS version with SATA security extensions. I have a couple of ideas on how to get it done regardsless (a way that requires several boot processes to happpen, but something more elegant would be highly appreciate.

How can I send a prayer towards the elder gods who develop the OZ.....

@samkunun: As I have experienced failures to send any sound out any of the interfaces (line out in the back or front, digital) and wanted to connect my Sonos to the computer via optical I have searched high and low and finally found a german forum, which had a link to a driver called "VoodooHDA.kext" that goes into /System/Library/Externsions, which worked incredibly well - recognised all ports, even giving the color codes - and digital out works like a charm. {I do hope this kext is not in any shape or form linked to Voldemort's blog?}

The VoodooHDA.kext has actually been developed by Slice and AutumnRain: http://projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355

I said before, and I will say again, the audio fix package can be used for snow leopard 10.6.8, just select 10.7 on installer window and it will work.

@^andromedar^ the link you provided is for very old BIOS stuff(no UEFI), and can be used for legacy network boot rom replacement, anyway I wont hold my breath in a hope that someone else will do/test this, so good luck!

Thank you, The King, for setting that straight. It seems, I am at the beginning of a venture, not at the end of it.

Why is it so difficult to get at least some basic safety for data at rest into desktops.... It used to be possible before, when the world were using IDE.  :wink_anim: 

But mind: I am preferring SL and the great patch by The King (kudos! It is all greek to me when looking into the script....) is making the ports visible

Sorry, which one is the patch by The King?

Is it the "Audio kext ALC892" mentioned in the wiki ?

If yes, I have applied it, but still, no sound :(

That's why i'm asking, is there any additional step ?

Thank you.

Sorry, which one is the patch by The King?

Is it the "Audio kext ALC892" mentioned in the wiki ?

If yes, I have applied it, but still, no sound :(

That's why i'm asking, is there any additional step ?

Thank you.

audio problem solved...

my stupid mistake, i thought the "front speaker" is the "Line Out --- Audio line-out port"

found out that i should use "Internal Speakers --- Built-in" instead...

now left another problem, the bootcamp for win 8.1.

i have tried to force install it, it will do the partition and restart, but bootcamp is not re-run after restart.

any suggestion on how to install it, or how to change the product info to newer Mac Pro ?

thank you.

BootCamp is neither supported or needed.

Install windows as you would on any pc.

could you please elaborate more ?

my objective is to have dual (or triple boot) and without any refit/refind/clover

all the information that i have is to use bootcamp.

how to do it without bootcamp, any link ?

thank you

my objective is to have dual (or triple boot) and without any refit/refind/clover

thank you

Install windows like on any other pc.

Use F12 to select OS u like to boot or press "Home" to use GUI for same purpose.

thank you

You install, any OS of your choice  on HD of your choice.

If you want to boot on a different OS, at startup press F12 and choose which one.

nothing special, just install.

samkunun

Which difference between boot camp and The multi OS Quo board ?

With boot camp you can choose one the system pref : which OS can boot at the next start up.

When you are in Windows, the the same thing you can select your OS, and the keyboard use the same key on OS X and Windows.

Something more ?

Boot camp just work on real Mac (?) I think.

On the Quo board at start up : 

You can choose in the "BIOS" which OS boot first.

with F12 you can change your OS.

Ex: for me, I choose to go straight to OS X, when I need Windows, F12 : I select, Windows Boot Manager, press return and the start up continue with Windows.

Question :

With a real Mac I can press "T" at start uo to launch my computer in target mode. I can plug this "HD" to an other Mac and use this OS X to boot another Mac.

With F12 if I plug that "T"arget disk to the Quo board, I see that other OS can I boot with it ? Someone already test this way ?

Tks

I have a bluetooth speaker (soundlink mini) and I can pair it ok, however it does not show up in the output devices so I'm unable to use it. I have a couple of other real macs and it works perfectly on them. I have applied Kings audio update and other audio outputs like line out work ok.

I'm running 10.9.2 with the latest OZ bios.

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?

• Like 1

You could try deleting the Bluetooth plist and the networking plist from /system/library/preferences. Be sure to empty the trash. Then reboot and repair your device. I had some similar Bluetooth issues with a number pad after repairing iMessages. It was "connected" but wouldn't work. This solved my problem. What is your "discoverable" name in your Bluetooth preferences? When this occurred on my machine it went from Flip's Mac Pro to CS-B4 or something

It is not a Quo-Problem, it's for all Hackintosh and Macs without build-in Bluetooth: only Broadcom Bluetooth Chips are running OOB in Mavericks and Mountain Lion 10.8.3 and later. I have half a dozen USB-Bluetooth-Adapters with CSR-Chips, all not running...

I'm using a IOGear GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0 USB dongle. My Apple Bluetooth keyboard works perfectly. Also I can pair with the speaker just fine, it says it's connected ok and displays the correct device name (Bose soundlink mini). It just won't show in the output devises in sound.

I'm having a problem with QuickLook.

I haven't seen this addressed anywhere in this thread, so I wonder if it's unique to my install or what.

I saw that The King said the GTX7XX series GPUs weren't fully supported, and I thought it might have something to do with that. So I waited until the 894 ROM was released, and installed that today. It did not fix this problem. Since the instructions for installing the OZ BIOS say to take the GPU out, flash, then reinstall, I took the opportunity to test this without the GPU installed, and the problem persisted even just using the onboard HD4000 graphics, so it's not related to my GTX770 after all.

This is the problem: I can QuickLook static docs (e.g. .txt, .jpg, .doc, .docx, .cbz, .cbr, .html etc. etc.) no problem, but anything rich media (music, video) makes the Finder crash (e.g. .mp3, .m4a, .avi, .mp4 etc. etc.). If I'm arrowing through a directory of mixed format files, QuickLooking them, and suddenly land on a music or video file the Finder promptly quits and relaunches. Very annoying. Plus, I was accustomed to being able to quickly preview music and video files at need.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Has anyone got an idea of how to solve it?

Thanks.