• Please log in to reply
1460 replies to this topic

Geesu

Geesu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Yea my apologies on that one, I had used the tony x installer before I found the legacy quo package, which I have now (and it's on the wiki).  I need to do a vanilla install at some point but it's my work machine.  Maybe i'll just bring System 1 into work and take System 2 home ;)

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,050 posts

Any ideas? Latest darwin dump: http://geesu.net/d/DarwinDump.htm

v2.4.9 is over a year old.

You can get the most recent version of DarwinDumper from here: https://bitbucket.or...umper/downloads

Geesu

Geesu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

v2.4.9 is over a year old.

You can get the most recent version of DarwinDumper from here: https://bitbucket.or...umper/downloads

Thanks, added that link to the wiki as well

Nubira

Nubira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Got another card coming to my mailbox soon. I wrote them back and said I love them ( I really do) and actually got a reply from the owner himself, nice I like that. With support from us guys on places like this who knows maby we´ll see a next generation mobos like this. But it´s just my private wishfull thinking so I´m just saying but I sure hope that´s gonna happen.

So any news about nvidia drivers for Mavericks and the possibility sound would work so to speak out of box for the gtx 6xx - 7xx cards?

6rollo6

6rollo6

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hello,

like a lot of users here, I was expecting that the QUO-board will work completely OOB with the stock bios, but I got OSX to run with the Ozmosis H3A 828M bios.

The only problem is that I need to do several resets (kernel panics) until OSX loads, but then it seems to run stable.

I haven't installed the kexts for the internal audio chip, as I am using a Firewire audio-interface, I think that should not be the problem?

The internal graphics run fine, although no chance to get my EVGA Geforce GT 640 2GB card running, but that's not so important for me... All I want is getting rid of that kernel panics...

Here is a dump as well as a photo of the kernel panic message. I hope that anyone can help me.

https://dl.dropboxus...arwinDumper.zip

Greetings,
Roland

bs0d

bs0d

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

@all from a legal position there was no way it could have shipped with firmware containing code to circumvent protection.

a lot of products receive launch day updates, due to the tight schedules involved with manufacturing and shipping times.

@6rollo6, some panic logs will help... did u try without the FW audio ?

Nubira

Nubira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
6rollo6 I have two FW soundcards I will try them both today and report back. I use the 820 bios so there might be a difference though. All in all my motherboard works very good no KPs so far and my gtx660 works too.

Geesu

Geesu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

@6rollo6 you should be able to use your GeForce 640.  If you are having issues booting I'd recommend trying the 820 BIOS.  List of them (with downloads) is here: http://wiki.osx86pro...p/Z77MX-QUO-AOS

IronManJFF

IronManJFF

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

My FireWire 410 works flawlessly with the QUO board.

Rloand can you update your signature so we can better assist you

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

infinitemac.com (φοίνιξ) !

• Donators
  • 614 posts

Hello,

like a lot of users here, I was expecting that the QUO-board will work completely OOB with the stock bios, but I got OSX to run with the Ozmosis H3A 828M bios.
The only problem is that I need to do several resets (kernel panics) until OSX loads, but then it seems to run stable.
I haven't installed the kexts for the internal audio chip, as I am using a Firewire audio-interface, I think that should not be the problem?
The internal graphics run fine, although no chance to get my EVGA Geforce GT 640 2GB card running, but that's not so important for me... All I want is getting rid of that kernel panics...

Here is a dump as well as a photo of the kernel panic message. I hope that anyone can help me.
https://dl.dropboxus...arwinDumper.zip

Greetings,
Roland

• Put your full system specs in your signature.

• Ensure you have an error free copy of the BIOS.
    • Create a Firmware/Patch flash drive
      • Format a second flash drive FAT32 and label it firmware
      • Copy the latest firmware to the flash drive
      • Compare checksum for consistency. Open a terminal window and type the following (replace INSERTFIRMWARENAME.ROM with the actual filename). Compare the notes to the checksum provided.:
        mds /Volumes/firmware/INSERTFIRMWARENAME.ROM
  • Remove non-essential components
    • Remove all non-essential components, including your desecrate graphics. System should be CPU, RAM, Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, primary hard drive, and motherboard speaker (Front Panel Header). 
  • Re-Flash your firmware
    • Plug your firmware flash drive in
    • Start your computer and enter the BIOS using the del key
    • Select Q-Flash
    • Select the desired firmware
    • Upon completion, system should reboot twice
    • On the second startup, you should be presented with the built-in shell (Only if you followed the previous step and have not connected your hard drive.) At the shell prompt type the following to confirm your firmware flash was successful:

bdmesg -b
    • Now restart and enter the BIOS.
    • On startup, press the DELETE key to enter the BIOS. Do the only the following:
      • Restore Optimized Defaults
      • If you have 1600 memory modules, you may adjust the Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) settings​
  • Patch Audio
    • Download PatchALC892 (https://www.dropbox....PatchALC892.zip)
    • Unzip and place the PatchALC892 folder in the root of your install partition
    • Run the following in Terminal. Press enter after every line:
      sudo -s
      cd /PatchALC892/109
      ./PatchALC892.sh

• Restart and confirm working audio. (Certain updates will overwrite the patched file. You will loose audio and will need to run the patch again.)
  • If you are still experiencing kernel panics, consider uninstalling all files related to your firewire audio, as well as those non-apple kexts that I see you have installed. If the KPs stop, then that is your problem.

IronManJFF

IronManJFF

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Or it could simply be that Roland has defective memory modules (it did happen to me).

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

infinitemac.com (φοίνιξ) !

• Donators
  • 614 posts

Or it could simply be that Roland has defective memory modules (it did happen to me).

I had the same issue. Lets see his results first.

Nubira

Nubira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

I say try take out the memory modules very strange {censored} can happen if you have a faulty one. Just happen to me one hour ago. I have been working on a rig for a friend for a couple of days and it worked ever so smooth when I been testdriving it. Same moment I put in the last screw in the side plates it broke, the computer would'nt boot at all the screen was black nothing. Took me 15 really sucky minutes to find out what was wrong so.... The odds for something like that would happen with that kind of timing pretty much is not gonna happen ever, but it did! Its really fast job pull one out at a time and test.

6rollo6

6rollo6

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

@ ALL: Thanks for your help, it was 'just' a damaged hard drive, no more kernel panics! :-)

Nubira

Nubira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Nice, glad it works now. This is a really nice mobo if you ask me.

iztech

iztech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Nice, glad it works now. This is a really nice mobo if you ask me.

Would greatly appreciate you spreading the news on G+, FB, Twitter.

We are working on a TB expansion chassis as well, stay tuned.

DHassel

DHassel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Z77MX-QUO-AOS | Core i7 3770k |Display:Integrated| Ozmosis H3A 828M | OSX 10.8

Can anyone help?  I' a n00b & have a Quo flashed to latest 823M BIOS but can't get sound or iMessage working...  Between the all the TonyMac - hate & all.  Is there any SIMPLE disrtuctions on how to get (ALL) working?  I have tried several time but will take any help I can get (incl TonyMac)  Seems like w/ Quo we fall in the grey area between Mac & PC VS EFI.  Any input woulbe be greatly apreciated!

Current stats:  Quo w/ i7 3770k internal graphics & can DarwinDump the {censored} for ya, just wat to get this system 100% before I conquor the spinng beachball of death on similar (no matter what on install) GA-Z77xudh5th.  Can I use the same BIOS???

Issues:

Can anyone help?  I' a n00b & have a Quo flashed to latest 823M BIOS but can't get sound or iMessage working...  Between the all the TonyMac - hate & all.  Is there any SIMPLE disrtuctions on how to get (ALL) working?  I have tried several time but will take any help I can get (incl TonyMac)  Seems like w/ Quo we fall in the grey area between Mac & PC VS EFI.  Any input woulbe be greatly apreciated!

Current stats:  Quo w/ i7 3770k internal greaphics & can DarwinDump the {censored} for ya, just wat to get this system 100% before I conquor the spinng beachball of death on similar (no matter what on install) GA-Z77X-UD5-TH.  Can I use the same (Osmosis or similar) BIOS???

Issues:

- No sound via builtin but fine w/ USB

- iMessage/iCloud/iDGAF

- Bluetooh via USB recomended IOgear flakey... Works but can BT audio share from iPhone like I can PC

- Ethernet

Works!

- TB eth

- TB HDMI

toren

toren

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

@DHassel, you should probably start with the wiki page:  http://wiki.osx86pro...p/Z77MX-QUO-AOS

It has a download link for the Audio update (the only driver you need to add for the motherboard itself) as well as instructions for what you need to do to make iMessage work (it involves setting a "BaseBoardSerial" of the appropriate length so it looks like an Apple machine).

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

QUO Audio update pkg. by king will patch onboard sound.

and its better to make your own bluetooth card googels your friend.

Nubira

Nubira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Would greatly appreciate you spreading the news on G+, FB, Twitter.
We are working on a TB expansion chassis as well, stay tuned.

Thats good news and Ill do my best

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobo

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy