OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

My firmware at time of the post was the latest available at the time ("Ozmosis 1.01.0739M" according to bdmesg within the built in EFI shell). The patch was applied to a  a clean Mavericks install and was done right after the 10.9.4 was applied.

Regardless, I've just updated my firmware to the "Ozmosis 1.01.0894 RELEASE" mentioned in the comments above (and downloaded from here). The distortion seems to have disappeared after the bios update. Touch wood I'm all good now.

10.9.4?  The latest pre-release of Mavericks is only 10.9.3.  Also, the latest Ozmosis firmware before 894M was 828M, so you were not previously running the latest BIOS.

I've been running this board as a Media Server and it's been rock solid - haven't really needed the ALC audio as one of the machine's primary functions is to feed 24bit ("HiDef") digital music to one of two DACs.  I originally installed 10.8.x and just recently upgraded to 10.9.2.  The CPU is an I7-3770K, the HD is a Samsung 840 Pro SSD, secondary HD is a Seagate 3TB ST3000DM001.  Currently I run the DVI off the MB but have a PCIe card (one of the lower end recommended - EVGA) ready to go when I have more time to mess with it.

The only "issue" I have with QUO as a vendor is that I also paid for the WiFi+Bluetooth upgrade - last June - separate from the Crowd Funding purchase of the MB.  I recently called them and it seems this upgrade is still "vapor ware."  Does anyone know different?  Has anyone actually received WiFi/BT for their QUO?  Does anyone have any info on any work actually being done to fill those orders?

I asked for a ship date or a refund and I have not heard back.  PayPal won't do jack-all as it's past 45 days.  PayPal's refund policy does NOT accommodate the Crowd Funding model.  Beware!

I'm not *terribly* worried about it.  BT works with an old USB dongle I found in my junk box.  I really need GIG-E so WiFi would only be a convienence.  Just wondering if anyone knows something.

Also, any value to installing the Vietnam Tool on this thing?  Will it be helpful when I finally get around to plugging in the EVGA card?

Cheers - Yonk

I also paid for the WiFi/BT upgrade separate from the kickstarter contribution I made.  The Wifi/BT module they sold us does not yet exist, or did not yet exist at the time of our purchase.  They were, and hopefully are, having it made, similar to how they got Gigabyte to manufacture our motherboards.  I haven't heard of anyone getting one yet, so I assume they aren't finished with them.  It will be a PCI-e card I think.  I would love to hear an estimate on when it will be finished, as well as when we can expect to have the firewire 1394B bracket.

I also paid for the WiFi/BT upgrade separate from the kickstarter contribution I made.  The Wifi/BT module they sold us does not yet exist, or did not yet exist at the time of our purchase.  They were, and hopefully are, having it made, similar to how they got Gigabyte to manufacture our motherboards.  I haven't heard of anyone getting one yet, so I assume they aren't finished with them.  It will be a PCI-e card I think.  I would love to hear an estimate on when it will be finished, as well as when we can expect to have the firewire 1394B bracket.

I scoured the Internet for a 1394B female bracket to header.  Including all the sites in China.  No go.  I DID find a 1394B extension cable, which is a female on one end, male on the other.  It works in-line with another cable just fine - bought and tested.  I figured I'd just end up cutting the male end off this cable and plug the correct wires into a standard header.  Not a big deal, just another project I don't have time for - finding the proper pinout for the header, putting pins on the wires ...  The female end of this cable it recessed and has the screw mounting so it will work just fine on a standard bracket, so that end is totally easy.  I'm pretty sure I bought it off a shop on Ebay and it came direct from China.  If you can't find it, pmail me and I'll try and dredge up the transaction.  Maybe by now someone will have made the same, but with the header on the end instead of the male connector - we can hope ...

I wouldn't hold my breath on the wifi/bt or 1394 headers. It's been nearly a year and most of the systems still have yet to be shipped. I'm happy with my system but I wouldn't risk buying from Quo again. I'll just get a standard compatible gigabyte board next time.

• Like 2

I wouldn't hold my breath on the wifi/bt or 1394 headers. It's been nearly a year and most of the systems still have yet to be shipped. I'm happy with my system but I wouldn't risk buying from Quo again. I'll just get a standard compatible gigabyte board next time.

With the new Ozmosis firmware I now have complete support on my EVGA GT 640 and GTX 760.  I would not buy another single processor board from them however if they made a dual processor board that was fully working like a new mac pro, including power management and sleep, I would go for that without hesitation.

Is it me or is the Quo Wiki down?

With the new Ozmosis firmware I now have complete support on my EVGA GT 640 and GTX 760. I would not buy another single processor board from them however if they made a dual processor board that was fully working like a new mac pro, including power management and sleep, I would go for that without hesitation.

Is it me or is the Quo Wiki down?

I think that's highly unlikely, but yeah I'd be tempted by that too.

Yeah I couldn't get on the wiki yesterday either.

Well yesterday I was doing a little sata drive swapping (not the boot drive), and after restoring the original sata configuration I get a crash every time I try to restart. It seems to reboot fine but before the Apple logo comes up I get a message that my computer encountered a problem and needed to restart or something. Very weird.

Also, I updated to the 894 bios (after the restart issues, it didn't fix it) and now I can't get iMessage working. I've tried amending my baseband serial to 17 digits twice but it won't let me sign in to iMessage. I see one of the features on 894 is "Ensure 'MLB' variable >= 17 digits, pad BaseBoardSerial with digits generated from UUID when needed". Don't know if this could be causing the problem but it seems relevant. 

The only other issue I'm having is that Airplay isn't showing up anymore. I think it might be a 10.9.2 thing because it worked under 10.9.0 and 10.9.1. I'm wondering if it could be related to the Mac Pro 3,1 system identifier. It looked like somebody had a way to change it in nvram but I tried it and then couldn't boot until I reflashed the bios, so I must have missed part of the process.

King,

After I did a fresh install of 10.9.2 I lost audio as I mentioned before. So I then applied the audio patch and rebooted. I did this on multiple occasions before electroshock pointed out that a simple reboot would correct the issue. I noticed in your previous post you wrote in bold to only apply the patch after an OS update. So have I caused any damage by applying it multiple times? I haven't noticed anything, but am tempted to do another fresh install. I would rather not burn the time setting all my apps/preferences back up though. Just curious. Thanks.

Until apple fix own bugs with AppleHDA power management, I will wait then try to fix it, so I recommend to rollback to 10.9.1 version of the driver..

The AirPlay issue is caused by missing "Built-in" property bug introduced also by 10.9.2.

Ah thanks King. I'll give the 10.9.3 beta a whirl and see what happens with Airplay.

Wont fix AirpPlay bug unless you inject "built-in" property on your "airport", that if you can't wait till a fix is released...

After Update, no Facetime and no Messages...

Try the following solution which was recently provided by the nyolc8            #80            

"SOLVED! Logged in to FaceTime! Went to terminal and I just empty this field in nvram: "4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM" by typing "sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=" and pressed enter. FaceTime immediately logged in!  :D  So filenvram plugin needs to be updated because with this I'm getting the error message in iMessage like if I don't have filenvram plugin installed…"

airplay audio video works, check with itunes

This is true. To be specific, Airplay screen mirroring/extended desktop doesn't work. There's no Airplay icon in the menubar. It's not a fault of the board, as King mentions above.

Try the following solution which was recently provided by the nyolc8            #80            

"SOLVED! Logged in to FaceTime! Went to terminal and I just empty this field in nvram: "4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM" by typing "sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=" and pressed enter. FaceTime immediately logged in!  :D  So filenvram plugin needs to be updated because with this I'm getting the error message in iMessage like if I don't have filenvram plugin installed…"

Haven't been able to get this to work. I'm not sure if it's connected to my reboot issue that maybe it's not saving the update to nvram. I'm probably going to do a reinstall and see if it takes care of my reboot/shutdown issue and then maybe I can try this method again.

my Zotac GTX 770 4GB is very slow in Mavericks, Cinebench 21fps and in UNIGINE heaven benchmark 6fps. CPU is I7-3770S and BIOS Ozmosis 894M.

Which GTX 680 /770 works perfect ?

I think you are Off Topic, here we talking about Quo not Ozmosis, i you search around forum you can found a thread where discuss about ozmosis.

I update my Quo mob with the new firmware > 894, I was running before 828.

If Mac OS 10.8.5 was running like a charm with this OS with that > EVGA GTX760 SC 2GB D5 2765

Running Windows 8.1 was more problematic : quo logo > blue logo for windows 8.1 and > black screen without possibility to log in.

With 894 I can finish the boot with the log in in windows 8.1, great...

With the new firmware I can press F12 and choose OSX or windows boot manager.

Just one strange thing, I am 2 windows boot manager in the F12 listing, each one work, so...

I hope each one can get the mob or the full system... 

disconnect windows hd . turn on pc . then tun off pc. reconnect hd reboot you should then just have 1 windows boot manager when you press F12

Tks for the tricks.

Question : I disconnect windows hd > turn on but and the machine boot in OS X > turn off > Plug again Windows HD > F12, just one Windows boot  manager.

Or

I disconnect windows hd  OS X HD > Boot without any HD > plug all drive > just one boot manager ?

Tks again :-)