OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

try QUO Audio update pkg by King.

i used it and i get audio after sleep

The one you are referring to, is that the one in the download section of the Wiki or is there a more updated audio package by the King?  Link?

Thanks

While my audio was still working, I used the King's audio package.  I put my computer to sleep from the menu bar and audio still worked when I woke my machine up.  I then scheduled it to go to sleep immediately, as a scheduled sleep cycle is when I had noticed it, and audio still worked once I woke up my machine!  This issue seems to have been fixed with King's audio package.  The real test will be when I wake it up tomorrow morning.  Thanks!

I used the one from the Wiki

Unfortunately, I continue to have the loss of audio.  It does not occur when i wake from sleep all the time, only sometimes.  I work from this computer during the day, so it does not sleep during the day.  I have it scheduled to sleep at midnight.  sometimes when I wake it in the morning I find that I have to reapply the audio patch.  If I put it to sleep manually, or schedule it to sleep now just to test it, it wakes with the audio working.  Very strange issue.  At least King made it rather simple to reapply the patch with his audio package.  It was more of a pain when I had to open the terminal every time to apply the patch.  Anyone else still experiencing this?

Hi Guy ... I need help with my first hackintosh system.

I'm a noob when coming to a Hackintosh so be kind to me ... lol

Here are the H/W Spec

Z77MX-QUO-AOS

Intel i5 3450

4GB * 2 

Asus GT640 2gb

Intel 530 180gb SSD

WD Blue 1TB

I'm able to do a complete Mavericks installation.

but when I check the System Profiles.

I notice my GT640 VRAM totalsize 0MB.

I did the GraphicsEnabler=No or Yes both with the same result.

Does this affact the system performace or it's just a cosmetics?

I'm able to run benchmark Unigine Heaven 4.0 and still able to Run Diablo 3 as well.

and the other things is I'm unable to get my Dual Display when plug in both DVI Cables to the Card 2 DVI ports. Dual Display is not a must but maybe in the future yes.

So i need some advice from you guys.

Thanks

Unfortunately, I continue to have the loss of audio.  It does not occur when i wake from sleep all the time, only sometimes.  I work from this computer during the day, so it does not sleep during the day.  I have it scheduled to sleep at midnight.  sometimes when I wake it in the morning I find that I have to reapply the audio patch.  If I put it to sleep manually, or schedule it to sleep now just to test it, it wakes with the audio working.  Very strange issue.  At least King made it rather simple to reapply the patch with his audio package.  It was more of a pain when I had to open the terminal every time to apply the patch.  Anyone else still experiencing this?

I am also having the same issue. Sometimes the audio does not work when the computer wakes. The length of time the computer sleeps does not seem to matter.  I find that if I just reboot the audio comes back, no need to repatch with the King audio package. Hopefully the next bios release will address this.

I am also having the same issue. Sometimes the audio does not work when the computer wakes. The length of time the computer sleeps does not seem to matter.  I find that if I just reboot the audio comes back, no need to repatch with the King audio package. Hopefully the next bios release will address this.

So I had not not tried a reboot without reapplying the audio patch.  This works fine for me as well.  No need to reapply the patch, just reboot.  Also, I noticed that it doesn't necessarily happen after sleep.  It just happened to me out of nowhere.  One minute audio was working, I walked away from my computer for 15 min or so, when I came back it was no longer working.  My computer didn't go to sleep or even start a screen saver during this 15 min period.  I am also hoping the next BIOS update will address this, or maybe someone can figure out a fix that does not require a BIOS update.  It is above my understanding to even begin to troubleshoot.

Is the development team still active?

****WARNING*****

I strongly suggest NOT using this board. I had a very poor experience (and short) with this board. No second BIOS system and it was impossible to clear the 1st BIOS system. Everyone at the company was no help what so ever. They did not cover a faulty board -and looked for every excuse under the sun-.

In theory, the board sounds great. In reality: your paying a premium for a piece of junk which they don't even stand behind. There are soooo many other boards on the market that do the job just as efficiently without the headaches and the risk. Quo offers some of the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. BUYER BEWARE. Do some research on reviews about the company Quo and if that does't deter you nothing will. I had made the mistake of not doing my research prior because I was amped on the idea of an essentially "plug and play" board. Which was not the case. It is the same damn process as any other board I've used this far.

Goodluck to everyone and be weary.

I have to say I totally disagree.  I have been using my Quo system now for over 6 months and love it.  I have been in touch with Quo's customer service a couple of times and they were helpful, both before and after I got my board.  The bad reviews on Quo come from some angry Kickstarter backers that have not received their boards yet and have had trouble getting in touch with Quo in regards to this.  I can not comment on their experience because I have not shared their experience as a Kickstarter backer myself who did receive my board on time and have been able to get in touch with Quo every time I have tried.  I must admit though, I have not tried a whole lot because I have not needed to.  I am very happy with this motherboard and use the build I put it in every day all day for work purposes where reliability is a must.  I've had virtually no trouble with it.  Certainly much less than any other hacks I've built.   

****WARNING*****

I strongly suggest NOT using this board.

I strongly suggest to use this board. Excellent workmanship and great support by the players in this forum, even with some really kinky questions. Quo has been very accomodating and helpful.

• Like 1

just as things are for me. i was a kick start backer from the on set. 

and i was VERY P...ed off with how long it took to get my motherboard

but as Hackintosh  Builder for a few years THIS IS MY EASIEST BUILD TO DATE

I have no connection with QUO I'm just saying as things have been for me. with the last bios update .

i have HDMI working and updating is just as you would do on a mac.

Becouse of this motherboard I'm getting lazy thats my problem

• Like 1

I finally put together my build after getting all the parts together. While the hardware and OS X compatibility with third-party firmware is fantastic, I'm still reeling from the absolutely disgusting way the Kickstarter backers were treated, and the non-existent customer support from Quo.

I've still got to sort out a graphics card and virtualisation with Parallels or VMware but I think I've read up enough on the process that I should be fine. I'm more interested in dealing with the audio distortion also reported by other Mavericks and 10.8.5 users.

I installed the audio patch listed on the wiki and am experiencing increasing distortion a few minutes into playing music before the music eventually drops out. I've chased down countless forum posts where others with Gigabyte boards experience the same and had no luck with suggestions that Chrome's Flash plugin and other items were the cause. If someone with a Quo board could give a nice succinct suggestion of a driver they know works and how to use it I'd be appreciative - as most suggestions seem to involve DSDT patching and involved processes that this board is supposed to avoid.

The easiest fix I've found is removing the speaker cable from the back of the computer and re inserting it, but this isn't ideal. I've made a short script that resets the audio that is similarly less-ideal as the sound drops out for two seconds.

If you want to use it paste the code below into a text editor and save it as fixaudio.sh or fixaudio.command (if you want to double click it or save it as a dock shortcut. Enable the "Close if the shell exited cleanly" option in terminal preferences). Don't forget to make it executable by typing chmod +x fixaudio.sh into a Terminal window.

You also will need to install the command-line app audiodevice (download here) and make sure it is installed to /usr/local/bin or /usr/bin or somewhere in your $PATH. If anyone knows how to do this without the third-party software install or without the two second pause please let me know!

#!/bin/bash
#
# Script to fix audio distortion with Gigabyte boards
#        v0.2, 10 March 2014
#
# Requires audiodevice
# 
# DL http://whosawhatsis.com/paraphernalia/audiodevice.zip
# INFO http://bit.do/audiodevice 
#
# Instructions
# 
# Make sure audiodevice is copied to /usr/local/bin/
# or /usr/bin/ or other local path.
# Confirm the interface you wish to output to at step 2
# "audiodevice output list" will list the outputs,
# these include "Internal Speakers", "Line Out" & "Digital Out"
#
# TIP make script executable for ease of use.
#
# STEP ONE
# switch to an alternate output
audiodevice output "Line Out"
#
# STEP TWO
# Delay switching back to preferred output
# (needs to be greater than 1sec)
sleep 2
#
# STEP THREE
# Switch back to preferred output
audiodevice output "Internal Speakers"

My Quo Board, work so great with

bios828M

F12 to choose USB

install OS X.8.5

audio patch with the .DNG

several OS update since november (when UPS give me the MOB) , I never loose audio.

Since january, I use some USB speaker (Altec lansing), but from november to december audio from the back panel or front jack. No audio distortion or loosing audio, never. 

I haven't experienced any audio distortion at all.  I started with Lion back when I first got my board, then after a couple of months I upgraded to Mountain Lion, and after a couple more I upgraded again to Mavericks.  I never experienced any distorted audio.  I have my monitor's speakers plugged into the audio jack on the MB.  I listen to music or podcasts quite often with no problems.  Since upgrading to 10.9.2 I have lost audio altogether a couple of times, as I mentioned in an earlier post, but this has not occurred again for a couple of days now, and I'm hoping it somehow sorted itself out.  

Can anyone point me to ths Audio update/Package by king?

Thanks!

Direct link to the file is here [ZIP - 26KB]. If this breaks in the future, check the wiki page for a fresh link.

As mentioned earlier I'm getting distorted audio on 10.9.2 while using this package and also with the script-installed legacy package [ZIP].

Other commenters have previously mentioned they'd tried other methods to fix audio. I'd be interested to hear of your successes and failures. It'd help heaps if you mentioned your version of OS X/QUO firmware, link to the driver in question and give a succinct explanation of steps taken.

Thanks!

[Edited for clarity]

Edited by timmy_pete

As mentioned earlier I'm getting distorted audio on 10.9.2 ...

You forgot to mention your BIOS version, also specify if you are using Legacy or UEFI install.

Make sure you are on latest BIOS and your install is clean/good.

The package should be applied only after OS update!

L.E. Seems the problem appear only on IGPU usage, audio is fine if discrete GFX is used, I will look into this bug.

L.L.E. For a proper report, specify number of displays connected and connection type, seems there are actually 2 bugs, one related to number of display digital ports(HDMI/DP connected, i.e if 2 HDMI/DP onboard wont work anymore) and one related to AppleHDA power management(the noise after some time)

Users that have discrete gfx only will not notice any of those.

• Like 1

I am running Mavericks 10.9.2 with the 828M BIOS.  My graphics card is the Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870.  I have three displays connected to it and one connected to the on-board graphics for a total of 4.  One of the displays connected to the 6870 stays off most of the time (it is a TV hanging on the wall) but OS X still recognizes it at all times.  I am using the MD port, HDMI, and DVI connections on the 6870 and the DVI on the motherboard.  After I started intermittently losing audio on 10.9.2, I decided to do a fresh install of Mavericks because it's something I like to do every once in a while and I thought it might fix the audio issue.  Before I installed the fresh copy I re-flashed my BIOS with a fresh version of the 828M BIOS, although that is the version I was already using.  So it is a clean install of 10.9.2.  As I previously mentioned, I have never experienced any audio distortion of any sort, just the losing of audio every once in a while.

You forgot to mention your BIOS version, also specify if you are using Legacy or UEFI install.

Make sure you are on latest BIOS and your install is clean/good.

The package should be applied only after OS update!

My firmware at time of the post was the latest available at the time ("Ozmosis 1.01.0739M" according to bdmesg within the built in EFI shell). The patch was applied to a  a clean Mavericks install and was done right after the 10.9.4 was applied.

Regardless, I've just updated my firmware to the "Ozmosis 1.01.0894 RELEASE" mentioned in the comments above (and downloaded from here). The distortion seems to have disappeared after the bios update. Touch wood I'm all good now.