OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Has anyone got a gtx760 to work without problems?

As described by another user, I also had plenty of issues - here is the description:

- if I set IGPU to boot first, I can boot into OSX side plugged into the GTX760 but I can never get Windows 8.1 to get to login screen. If I login via remote desktop I see that Windows 8 picks up both cards and there is a conflict where the GTX760 cannot get any resources.

- if I disable IGPU, the board doesnt even get past the QUO logo with the GTX760.

I had an 8800GTS that is dying and hence the reason to upgrade and that one will work just fine, even with IGPU disabled or in auto.

Any tips? I am currently stuck with the internal HD4000 since it is the only way to get windows 8.1 to boot...

What is a recommended known good GFX card or which settings would get the GTX760 to work?

Cheers and thanks in advance for the help.

J

• Like 1

Is not a bug to solve, you do not have Ambient sensor on board so there is nothing to monitor, it will always return max value from SuperIo.

Set in plist to ignore it

If I heeded all the {censored} I did not get to live long ...

So ignore is preferred, and that includes you.

Shouldn't hwsensors then just ignore the sensor? Well I guess you can just hide the sensor data from the tray

@ All

Anyone experienced Parallels Desktop on Quo board ? I am running Mavericks. Would like to use Windows 7 or 8 whitout dual-booting. Any other virtualization program  ?

Thanks in advance.

Bernard L. :)

It works great. I have a i5-3570K which only gives vt-x and that works. If you have a 3700 you could also have vt-d enabled, but I believe that causes problems, unless it's been fixed in the current BIOS, and needs to be disabled. I've used Parallels for years on various hacks and never had a problem that related to being run on a hack.

I have a couple of XP, a W7, a W8, an Ubuntu and a Mint VMs all working fine.

@ All

Anyone experienced Parallels Desktop on Quo board ? I am running Mavericks. Would like to use Windows 7 or 8 whitout dual-booting. Any other virtualization program  ?

Thanks in advance.

Bernard L. :)

Salut Bernard,

I am using Parrallels 9 with my QUO i5-3570K, all I had to do was enable VT-X support.

Make sure you have at lease Parrallels 8 (under V7 you computer will not get to sleep )

It works great. I have a i5-3570K which only gives vt-x and that works. If you have a 3700 you could also have vt-d enabled, but I believe that causes problems, unless it's been fixed in the current BIOS, and needs to be disabled. I've used Parallels for years on various hacks and never had a problem that related to being run on a hack.

I have a couple of XP, a W7, a W8, an Ubuntu and a Mint VMs all working fine.

Thanks for the info.

Salut Bernard,

I am using Parrallels 9 with my QUO i5-3570K, all I had to do was enable VT-X support.

Make sure you have at lease Parrallels 8 (under V7 you computer will not get to sleep )

Salut IronManJFF,

Merci pour l'info.

Thanks 

its not.

its like that from begining of all computers..

for people like u its better to stay far far away from bios setup screen.. Or get a real mac that even dont have bios setup...

No. you have too over sense of superiority.

You need to know few things:

10.6.3 Retail DVD is limited on hardware install and have checks on hardware and system model,  what is unknown wont work, ...what you did wrong when you edited your system model and stuff, I suggest you to reflash your BIOS.

For Snow Leopard, as was said here, you will need SandyBridge CPU, HD3000 will work, not sure if it can drive that cinema display...

- You can use Sandy CPU with discrete gfx card,, just make sure is supported by 10.6.8 at least!

- You can use your current CPU and discrete GFX but you will not have power management working since no support .

Hi, The King

thanks again for a number of really good recommendations and pointers you gave me in my attempts to get SL running on a Que-AOS hackintosh. Now, it is all good, no modifications are necessary, out of the box compatibility and all is groovy.

Just to connect the dots, I have tried with an Sapphire ATI Radeon HD6870 but when it arrived, it turned out to be defective. I ordered a Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 after rereading all forum recommendations once more and pondering about it for a night.  The 6870 was a huge affair and I was hoping for something less in size. The 5770 fits the bill and has only one power connector (rather than the two of the 6870).

After a bit of back and forth I had a small display connected to the integrated GPU and connected the Apple 30" Cinema Display with its DVI connector to the Sapphire. Lo and behold: On the small display I was able to determine the OS I wanted (either SL or ML or Linux in several flavors from an external disk). The boot-up Apple appeared on the HDMI-connected display, once I chose SL for booting. I switch it off after chosing the OS I need, as it sticks with the grey Apple screen, anding over to the Cinema display. I would not need it at all if I wouldn't need to use other OS from time to time.

Now happily working on the large screen with the correct OS on a brutally quick machine. I leave the mini displayport connector for use with my MacBook Pros (and I have to admit blushing, that I had actually forgotten that the monitor had a DVI cable, as I had it stashed away in a bluelounge cablebox and I never used the DVI before, since I always had machines with MDP).

Thanks folks for all your help and support. 

^andromedar^

Hi all,

Has anyone got a gtx760 to work without problems?

As described by another user, I also had plenty of issues - here is the description:

- if I set IGPU to boot first, I can boot into OSX side plugged into the GTX760 but I can never get Windows 8.1 to get to login screen. If I login via remote desktop I see that Windows 8 picks up both cards and there is a conflict where the GTX760 cannot get any resources.

- if I disable IGPU, the board doesnt even get past the QUO logo with the GTX760.

I had an 8800GTS that is dying and hence the reason to upgrade and that one will work just fine, even with IGPU disabled or in auto.

Any tips? I am currently stuck with the internal HD4000 since it is the only way to get windows 8.1 to boot...

What is a recommended known good GFX card or which settings would get the GTX760 to work?

Cheers and thanks in advance for the help.

J

Just a bumb, cause I am still looking for a reply to this - right now I am stuck with the internal graphics, which suck for anything else except basic tasks...

Mind you my problem concerns usage under Windows 8

• Like 1

Does anybody of the gentlemen remember what helped with him on the AOS to get the digital out working under SL? It is recognized by the system, but no sound is emitted. The Legacy file scripts only cover Lion and later. Thank you for remembering!

Does anybody of the gentlemen remember what helped with him on the AOS to get the digital out working under SL? It is recognized by the system, but no sound is emitted. The Legacy file scripts only cover Lion and later. Thank you for remembering!

If is 10.6.8 you can use Lion scripts, they will work just fine. ;)

I believe that any graphicscard that works on a real similar mac should work, try to contact them to get this verified though. Their homepage/webshop seems to be down/ofline at this moment  but hopefully it's only a temporary thing.

I will revisit my question - has anyone succeeded in getting a modern Nvidia card working with Windows and this board?

Yes, me with GTX 770, if you have patience you will find how.when I will finish my how to.

If you don't have and like to play on your own, a major tip, at first install windows with discrete card, install drivers for it then, and only then enable IGPU and install drivers for it.

This is Windows...

Hey everyone,

First I wanna say thanks to everyone who has contributed to the thread so far, there is a lot of information I found helpful.

I seem to be running into an odd issue, but basically I built my desktop with the quo board, flashed the bios with hermit crabs labs and it booted on the first try right into the drive that I cloned from my macbook.

However, I've run into some problems. The first issue I encountered was when cloning my macbook drive, it did not let me clone my bootcamp partition to the second partition on the new drive.

I figured no worries, I'll just re-run bootcamp and do a fresh install. However, the computer just restarts in the middle of formatting the destination disk of the bootcamp install, and when holding the home button and attempting to boot into my usb stick with the windows .iso, I simply get a black screen that says: 'press any key to boot file' and when doing so simply brings me back into the osx boot sequence.

I've also done the 'pre' info.plist edit without luck.

I've also purchased winclone as a workaround - no luck there, as well as using an additional HD with only one partition for windows and found no success there either.

Has anyone encountered similar issues or have any idea as to what might be causing these problems.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

-Matt

and attempting to boot into my usb stick with the windows .iso, I simply get a black screen that says: 'press any key to boot file' and when doing so simply brings me back into the osx boot sequence.

That's because you have the wrong \efi\microsoft\boot\bootmgfw.efi on your USB stick. The one from the iso/DVD is only able to boot DVDs. Extract the right one from the Install.wim. It's in \sources\install.wim\1\Windows\Boot\EFI\. 

• Like 1

That's because you have the wrong \efi\microsoft\boot\bootmgfw.efi on your USB stick. The one from the iso/DVD is only able to boot DVDs. Extract the right one from the Install.wim. It's in \sources\install.wim\1\Windows\Boot\EFI\. 

Hi modbin, thanks for the pointers!

I tried extracting like you suggested but when I get to \sources\install.wim and extract all '1' shows me is an xml file with a single character '#', no other files resulted from the extract.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt