OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

So I'm not 100% sure if this is the right place for this question but I figure I'll throw it out there and see what happens.  I just put my build together with the QUO board.  Using an Asus GTX670, and whenever it's in the system and I power on, all I get is the QUO splash, one beep, a second beep after about 10 seconds, then another beep after 10 seconds and eventually it goes to a blank screen with just a blinking cursor in the top left.

No keyboard interaction is accepted, and it never proceeds past this point.

It's worth noting that this was not the behavior out of the box, I was able to get into the BIOS menu with the discrete card until I flashed to 828M.  The onboard video still works fine, I installed Mavericks and have it up and running just fine with the onboard.  But I get no joy with the discrete.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction or show me the magic sauce to get this puppy working.

Thanks!

Using an Asus GTX670, and whenever it's in the system and I power on, all I get is the QUO splash …

After flashing BIOS "Init Display" and "Integrated Graphics" will be set to "AUTO". 
To use your GTX670 set "Init Display" to "IGPU" and "Integrated Graphics" to "Enabled".

Anyone have an issue w/iMessage on Mavericks after updating to 828? I set my SystemSerial and BaseBoardSerial + rebooted, still not allowing me to login :/

Can you check to ensure that your changes were made?

In Terminal:

nvram -p

After flashing BIOS "Init Display" and "Integrated Graphics" will be set to "AUTO". 

To use your GTX670 set "Init Display" to "IGPU" and "Integrated Graphics" to "Enabled".

I had the same issue with a GTX 760, the above settings got it so I could boot OS X and Windows 8 and have video connected to the graphics card, but as far as I could tell neither system was actually using the GTX 760 for processing. Windows showed an error (Code 12) in Device Manager for the Nvidia card, and Mac OS X reported both cards, but was scoring rather low on a Geekbench test. I also tried disabling the integrated graphics and defaulting Init Graphics to PCIe, but that goes back to the issue of a Quo logo then a black screen with a flashing cursor prompt.

Will setting Init Display to IGPU and Integrated Graphics to enabled actually allow the system to use Nvidia graphics? Is there something I should be changing in the BIOS settings or writing to the UEFI shell?

No idea. These settings work well under OSX. Both graphics cards are active, I use this only TITAN. BUT: I would also like to use ONLY the NVIDIA TITAN. So disable the internal graphics card completely. But that does not work, then my TITAN also makes what you are describing.

What the experts say here about this: Can I use only the NVIDIA with the QUO under OSX?

I hope therefore less resource issues related to Thunderbolt. Currently I use Thunderbolt on an AV-IO (Blackmagicdesign Ultra 3D Studio (runs perfect)) and an external RAID5 (Promise Pegasus R6) which causes problems.

The RAID is only mounted when it is turned on exactly the same time as the computer. Is it switched on earlier, the computer will not boot! If it is turned on later, it will not mount (no hotplug - this is known). So the problem is, I have to restart the computer several times in order to find exactly the right moment.

Anyone have an issue w/iMessage on Mavericks after updating to 828? I set my SystemSerial and BaseBoardSerial + rebooted, still not allowing me to login :/

The BIOS(Ozmosis) revision has nothing to do with that, its more like you playing with fakesmc and its plug-ins..

I wont ask for darwindumper to prove that, make sure you don't use experimental kernel extensions and all will be fine...

@all with nvidia 7xx cards, I invertigate the issue(s) reported here, will post my conclusions/recommandations after I have a clear picture.

The BIOS(Ozmosis) revision has nothing to do with that, its more like you playing with fakesmc and its plug-ins..

I wont ask for darwindumper to prove that, make sure you don't use experimental kernel extensions and all will be fine...

@all with nvidia 7xx cards, I invertigate the issue(s) reported here, will post my conclusions/recommandations after I have a clear picture.

I've got a 760 and bios revision 828, let me know if there's anything I can do to help/test.

Hey, is anybody successfully using an Apple Thunderbolt Display with Mavericks and the 828 BIOS?  Previously, I'd be able to use all of the Thunderbolt-connected features of the monitor when I set the TB security mode to "disabled", at least after a warm boot.  Now, regardless of the security setting, the best I can get is the display, ethernet, and firewire ports on it working.  The USB ports aren't being used, which also means no webcam/speakers/microphone/brightness-control.  In system profiler, all of the PCI devices show up, but the USB controllers are listed as "Driver Installed: No", and "Tunnel Compatible: No".

I'm also having the same problem with iMessage, despite setting SystemSerial and BaseBoardSerial as described here.  I've rebooted numerous times since and I just get the "Your Apple ID can't be used to setup iMessage at this time" error.  I haven't done anything with any experimental kernel extensions or anything of the sort.  In fact the only part of my Mavericks install that is non-vanilla is the audio driver patch, which I also applied as described here.  So I'm wondering what I could possibly be doing wrong...

sorry for the late reply. I'm in the middle of improving the cooling on the quo motherboard  as i said before what i can see is the 824 bios changed the buffer to vervet from hoolock which as fixed sleep and duel monitors for me

Ok, weirdly enough, changing my Apple ID password was all that I needed to do to get iMessage working.  I guess my account must have been in some sort of funky half locked, we know you're doing something weird so we want you to call us state.  The account was still fine everywhere else, but for whatever reason changing the password got it working on the Hackintosh also!

Ok, weirdly enough, changing my Apple ID password was all that I needed to do to get iMessage working.  I guess my account must have been in some sort of funky half locked, we know you're doing something weird so we want you to call us state.  The account was still fine everywhere else, but for whatever reason changing the password got it working on the Hackintosh also!

Too late to help, but for anyone searching for the same issue, after setting SystemSerial:

- navigate to your user library (~/Library/)

- do a search for iMessage

- trash all the related plists

- reboot

I'm guessing resetting your password performed the same function of removing any stored account information from logins attempted before setting your serial.

Good call, this may be it.  I had FakeSMC on my 10.8.5 install with no issues, on mavericks it probably caused this problem.  Is there anyway to get to CPU temp information?

Good call, this may be it.  I had FakeSMC on my 10.8.5 install with no issues, on mavericks it probably caused this problem.  Is there anyway to get to CPU temp information?

I have fakesmc ver 901 installed, and can use hwmonitor to get all the info I want. kextstat reports 901 as loaded, so maybe the one in the BIOS is only used to boot. FakeSMC is up to about ver 944 now.

I have fakesmc ver 901 installed, and can use hwmonitor to get all the info I want. kextstat reports 901 as loaded, so maybe the one in the BIOS is only used to boot. FakeSMC is up to about ver 944 now.

Common..., the one you have intalled will override the BIOS one, you can read the bdmesg and dmesg...

Anyone getting any strange graphics issues? If I remote desktop connect to another mac (Since 828M) I'm getting some odd stuttering/graphics distortion.  Using 2 monitors (HDMI, DVI) with integrated graphics only.

Running OS X 10.8.5, 828M BIOS, only installed the Audio Kext from tony installer.  Intel Virtualization enabled in BIOS, set to integrated graphics only with 512MB (reporting 768MB in settings), and set to Profile2 in memory settings.  i7-3770K with 4X Crucial Ballistix Tactical Low Profile 8GB Single DDR3-1600.

I could switch to a GeForce 560 Ti but wasn't sure if that would be better or worse.  Here is an example when I just scrolled up in the thread: http://cl.ly/image/3x0O1Y330Y2b

Here is results of my DarwinDump: http://geesu.net/d/DarwinDump.htm

Thx!

Anyone getting any strange graphics issues? If I remote desktop connect to another mac (Since 828M) I'm getting some odd stuttering/graphics distortion.  Using 2 monitors (HDMI, DVI) with integrated graphics only.

Running OS X 10.8.5, 828M BIOS, only installed the Audio Kext from tony installer.  Intel Virtualization enabled in BIOS, set to integrated graphics only with 512MB (reporting 768MB in settings), and set to Profile2 in memory settings.  i7-3770K with 4X Crucial Ballistix Tactical Low Profile 8GB Single DDR3-1600.

I could switch to a GeForce 560 Ti but wasn't sure if that would be better or worse.  Here is an example when I just scrolled up in the thread: http://cl.ly/image/3x0O1Y330Y2b

Here is results of my DarwinDump: http://geesu.net/d/DarwinDump.htm

Thx!

I have a question for you:

"Do you know what DVMT 5.0 Total Graphic Memory Size for IGPU" is?

No?

Then why are you changing it to 512?

Did you missed when I told BugsB to NOT mess with BIOS settings?

Why you think I asked him that? Because he did exactely what you are doing now and got video corruption then complain..

Why nobody listen me no idea...

BTW the .htm dump is useless for me, yeah I know I said that before...