OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

828M

1. Changed IGPU Fixed Memory Size from 64M to 32M to match the framebuffer.
  2. Changed TB PCIe Cache-Line Size from 32 to 64
  3. Use subsystemid when custom framebuffer for ATI cards is chosen.
  4. Disable nVidia device injection only on GTX 6/7 cards.
  5. Fix nVidia VBIOS version read on desktop ROMs
  6. Fix for nVidia cards when they are not posted
  7. Fix loading injector.kext from Fv.
Flashed without issue. Will try to dig up some other discrete graphics cards to test.

USB 3.0.

I've just installed 828M, but I see it was happening earlier on 820M at least. After a fresh boot or restart, the front panel USB3.0 connector work correctly under control of XHCI at 5Gb/s. After waking from sleep, there is an error in system.log :

kernel[0]: USBF:    2619.241    AppleUSBXHCI::RestoreControllerStateFromSleep - Error restoring controller state USBSTS = 0x401

and the USB3.0 is now controlled by EHCI instead of XHCI and down to 480Mb/s.

I tried toggling the XHCI handover in the BIOS, bu the machine locked up when I plugged in the external drive.

USB 3.0.

I've just installed 828M, but I see it was happening earlier on 820M at least. After a fresh boot or restart, the front panel USB3.0 connector work correctly under control of XHCI at 5Gb/s. After waking from sleep, there is an error in system.log :

kernel[0]: USBF:    2619.241    AppleUSBXHCI::RestoreControllerStateFromSleep - Error restoring controller state USBSTS = 0x401

and the USB3.0 is now controlled by EHCI instead of XHCI and down to 480Mb/s.

I tried toggling the XHCI handover in the BIOS, bu the machine locked up when I plugged in the external drive.

My case has no USB 3.0 front panel, I will get the cable separate and investigate...

AFAIK I have to repeat myself, but providing dumps will help in/to solve some of the issues, as you can see at this moment I can't reproduce your bug, you didn't mentioned the OS version, the bug may be caused by your specific usb adapter and so on...

just installed 828M bios. now sleep works and HDMI Sound. only no volume control  from toolbar 

thats no big deal for me . 

Digital audio, that includes HDMI audio, has no control from toolbar, blame Apple for that, but is not a hack thing....

My case has no USB 3.0 front panel, I will get the cable separate and investigate...

AFAIK I have to repeat myself, but providing dumps will help in/to solve some of the issues, as you can see at this moment I can't reproduce your bug, you didn't mentioned the OS version, the bug may be caused by your specific usb adapter and so on...

Digital audio, that includes HDMI audio, has no control from toolbar, blame Apple for that, but is not a hack thing....

Thanks for looking at this. Having tried the drive in one of the backplane sockets, I get the same problem, so nothing to do with the front panel. The drive is a Toshiba USB3.0 500GB external which lights up white for a USB2 connection, and blue for a USB3 one.

I've attached (I hope) a darwindump. I'm on Mavericks GM (10.9).

When I had 828M installed, I deleted the DSDT I had installed in /Volumes/EFI/Efi/Quo/ACPI/load to get Vervet framebuffer. With 828M, I seemed to have sleep problems - it would sleep, wake up after a few seconds and then stay awake for the duration set in Energy Saver (20minutes) beforer sleeping again. So I reinstalled 820M without putting the DSDT back, but it did not revert to hoolock, but stayed with Vervet. I'm confused!

DarwinDumper_2.8.6_Ozmosis_1.01.0828_Mav_John.zip

Just tested the USB3.0 ports under Mavericks, they are fine for me and USB 3.0 devices does survive and function at same speed after sleep.

BUT, in your particular case, i need a dump before sleep to pronounce 100%, till then I bet is the KVM Switch fault!

as far as im concerned bios changed personalaty  frame buffer that worked for me. to vervet from hoolock using saphire Vaper-x 5770

have HDMI And sleep working. no need to change dstd i wouldnt know how to. just no volume control in tool bar which ive been told is a fault in the os

@ntsmkfob what graphics card are you using?

Not a "fault", Baldy, but a deliberate option. Is this way by design!

Yes ALL digital audio (SPDIF, HDMI) has no hardware volume control in OS X.

In essence it is always node connects to node...

as far as im concerned bios changed personalaty  frame buffer that worked for me. to vervet from hoolock using saphire Vaper-x 5770

have HDMI And sleep working. no need to change dstd i wouldnt know how to. just no volume control in tool bar which ive been told is a fault in the os

@ntsmkfob what graphics card are you using?

Hi Baldy_man, same as you - a Sapphire Vapor-X 5770! I've used 2 screens on it for 2/3 years, so most of my initial problems were getting 2 screens running without the cushion of Clover.

Just tested the USB3.0 ports under Mavericks, they are fine for me and USB 3.0 devices does survive and function at same speed after sleep.

BUT, in your particular case, i need a dump before sleep to pronounce 100%, till then I bet is the KVM Switch fault!

Hi TK,

I disconnected all USB devices except the Logitech unifying receiver for the keyboard/mouse. The KVM was only used as a USB hub to get the Logitech receiver onto my desk as it has pitiful range.

Anyway, problem persists without the KVM, hub on one of the monitors and the USB iMic sound card thingy.

I tried it without connecting the USB3 drive before sleep - same problem. I tried it with and without the Logitech software for the unifying receiver (the LCC software can be pretty flaky) - same problem. I can't try without the logitech kb/mouse as I don't have any wired keyboard/mice stuff these days.

I tried it with a different USB3.0 drive and lead - same problem.

It's obvious it is an easy problem to work round, and if no-one else is experiencing it, please don't waste too much sleep over it. But thanks for your help.

I've attached a darwindump taken straight after a fresh boot.

DarwinDumper_2.8.6_Ozmosis_1.01.0828_Mav_John.zip

@ntmkfob. the update to latest bios fixed my system. ( it changes the personalalty from Hoolock to vervet and that made 2 screens work HDMI and sleep) 

Hi Baldy_man,  having got the 5770 to work with a DSDT and 820M, I tried 828M, but it seemed to give me sleep problems I didn't have before. However, it looks as though it managed to stash the correct info about the 5770 into NVRAM, so when I switched back to 820M, it remembered to use Vervet instead of dropping back to hoolock. I didn't need the DSDT and I didn't want it while trying to solve the USB problem.

I'll wait to see if The KING comes up with anything re USB3.0 and try 828M again.

It's obvious it is an easy problem to work round, and if no-one else is experiencing it, please don't waste too much sleep over it. But thanks for your help.

Not that easy b/c it will require some work on your end:

1. clean install and use of latest BIOS

2. use of wired kb/mouse

Then start adding USB devices one by one and test sleep/wake to see who fault is.

AFAIK there is no other easy way.

Hi, got this Board now, and want to use it with an 24" ACD, can i use the Thundebolt-Ports as an miniDisplay-Port Video-Out ?

will  use the i7-3770(k) CPU with integrated Graphics.

Can someone give me some Information about...?

Thanks a lot... Rene

Just read about a dsdt.aml.. still i need one...?

where i can get a working one..?

Hi, got this Board now, and want to use it with an 24" ACD, can i use the Thundebolt-Ports as an miniDisplay-Port Video-Out ?

will  use the i7-3770(k) CPU with integrated Graphics.

Can someone give me some Information about...?

Thanks a lot... Rene

Just read about a dsdt.aml.. still i need one...?

where i can get a working one..?

Yes that should work fine.

Motherboard already has tuned DSDT,nothing else required apart from the AppleHDA kext.

Thanks for your fast feedback... it would be nice.. i will post my success to install if the Board arrives to me and i can get a i7-3770 CPU.

Rene

It does work I tried that it even pushes sound through it. It was to a hdmi in to my tv though. I have the 3770k cpu