OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

The bios/boot menu only appear if the dvi is connected, and it only appears on that display. The apple display is "dead" until the white screen with the apple logo or the "starting windows" shows up. I can load a video if it helps.

I've experienced this before with some Apple Displays on other hacks .. from what I remember some Apple Displays don't have matching VESA modes to display BIOS screens (res. too low). I did not see any option in the QUO AOS BIOS to adapt and increase the boot screen res, so unless you find such option you most likely not be able to use the Apple Display for anything BIOS related.

Only other option I can think of that MIGHT work: purchase an active adapter. But no guarantee that'll really work.

The bios/boot menu only appear if the dvi is connected, and it only appears on that display. The apple display is "dead" until the white screen with the apple logo or the "starting windows" shows up. I can load a video if it helps.

Its possible that you have to set the CSM boot mode to legacy only in the BIOS. See if that works. If not try UEFI only. Legacy only has fixed it on most of the high rez monitors i have had issues with.

g\

• Like 1

My current issue: Cannot get the GTX 760 to work in Windows. Integrated graphics (HD4000) works in Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.8.5. GTX 760 works in Mac OS X but Windows hangs at 'Starting Windows'. Init display is set to Auto, as is Integrated Graphics.

edit: I think I've learned a little more about the problem- the GTX 760 doesn't have UEFI GOP support. I tried setting PCI ROM control to legacy first but that more or less stopped the graphics card from working all together. Anyone know of a workaround, or could point me in the right direction?

My current issue: Cannot get the GTX 760 to work in Windows. Integrated graphics (HD4000) works in Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.8.5. GTX 760 works in Mac OS X but Windows hangs at 'Starting Windows'. Init display is set to Auto, as is Integrated Graphics.

edit: I think I've learned a little more about the problem- the GTX 760 doesn't have UEFI GOP support. I tried setting PCI ROM control to legacy first but that more or less stopped the graphics card from working all together. Anyone know of a workaround, or could point me in the right direction?

akindy,

I have not tested with Windows 7; however, I had no issues with an UEFI install of Windows 8 and the GTX760 listed in my signature. Im currently connected via a DVI-D Dual Link.

Is you do a UEFI install of Windows 7?

CSM = Compatibility Support Module, the combination of EfiCompatibility, CompatibilitySmm, and Compatibility16. The portion of the Framework that allows compatibility with non-EFI compliant operating systems to run on Framework firmware. Basically it is the legacy non-UEFI BIOS mode.

Microsoft Windows 8® - Enabling Secure Boot

Would be great, if the update to mavericks will work without any problems. But I think it is neccessary to update direct from app store and patch the audio again, but are there any new legacy files?

PKG from post #635 does cover audio for 10.9.

I updated to 10.9 from the App Store without issue. I get some graphics corruption with integrated graphics and a TB display but discreet graphics works fine with a DVI display. Really happy upgrading was mostly a non-issue.

Finally got my sound issue sorted with 816M. I took a look through the output from bdmesg, looking for anything useful, and determined that it was looking for /EFI/QUO etc on the first FAT32 partition is encountered. On the boot for the first export I made, that was on a thumb drive, so I removed it and rebooted. The next boot it was looking at the ESP on my Users drive (GPT partitioned so it has a ESP as well). I could have deleted the partition, but I got curious so I mounted it up, made sure it was formatted FAT32 (the ESP on my System drive was FAT16 for an unknown reason. I must have messed with it long ago.) and dumped the DSDT.aml that I made into it for giggles and rebooted. I now have sound and this line in bdmesg

08:069 00:000 Insert DSDT 0x5D828200 r2  0x9D1F 0x47 "ALASKA" "A M I   " 0x12       0x4C544E49 0x20100331 DSDT.aml

So, with this done thanks go to bs0d for pointing out the format issue, and to THe KING for trying to help with the aml file itself, even if it ultimately wasn't the root of the problem.

Anyone able to use iMessage?

I'm getting all the emails to my other devices that I'm adding a new device to my account, and the messages app itself shows the list of phone numbers/emails to use, but stalls at that point and throws up an error.  I'm at work now so I'll provide more info if need be afterwards...

Also, where does the hardware SN come from?

I'm running the H3A.816M.ROM and 10.9.

I've just upgraded my quo to 10.9 and I've got the audio distortion after a minute problem. At first I had no sound, then I installed the QUO-Audio-Update.pkg. That got me sound but now the stuttering problem. I've scanned through the whole thread but I can't figure out a solution. I'm sure I missed it. Can someone help me out?

Anyone able to use iMessage?

I'm getting all the emails to my other devices that I'm adding a new device to my account, and the messages app itself shows the list of phone numbers/emails to use, but stalls at that point and throws up an error.  I'm at work now so I'll provide more info if need be afterwards...

Also, where does the hardware SN come from?

I'm running the H3A.816M.ROM and 10.9.

I would generate a new SN and set it with the nvram command.  Champlist will generate a serial for you: http://tools.inmac.org/

Then just paste it like so in terminal:

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:SystemSerial=theserial

Go and visit ozmosis in Bootloaders.....

Do you mean http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/ ? I don't see any source code.  Of course opening it up in a reverse engineering tool is quite confusing.

@smgoller you can start by putting your full specs in signature, then you can ask proper for help...

You're right, I'm sorry. It was late and I wasn't paying attention. Signature is updated.

To expand on things a bit, I was running 10.8.4 for quite a while with no problems. Vanilla install, running 816M, ran whatever audio patcher was standard then. Never upgraded to 10.8.5, went straight to 10.9. No audio device shows up, so I searched through the thread and found QUO-Audio-Update.pkg in post 645, I believe. Downloaded it and installed it for 10.9. and found audio works fine for about a minute, then it goes to asphyxiating robot hell. Unfortunately in my haste I did not back up the original manually before upgrading. If there's any more information I can provide, let me know. Thank you very much for replying.