• Please log in to reply
1485 replies to this topic

toren

toren

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Yeah, I ended up forcibly restoring the OS back to 10.8.4 from a Time Machine backup, and now the Thunderbolt and audio work again.

Thanks for the mirroring tip, russ807 -- the fact that it works makes me optimistic that someone will find a way to trick a card into outputting to a fake monitor so we can do that without plugging in anything extra...

tle88

tle88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

I'm going to skip 10.8.5 and just wait for Mavericks I think.

I think, that You can already starts with the Mavericks.  It works so well.

Combo updates not works in "combo", You need install every combo in order like they were normal updates.

= Full independent 10.9DP4 + combo updates 5 and 6 and 7 in this order.

myHack 3.2 beta 8 with 10.9DP4 make life easy.  I recommend inject every possible needed kexts

from outside to the System (=from Extra/Extensions), because I think that

System is locked into the near future.

(My english is poor, I know.  Hope that You understand.)

T  -.-

kevinaba

kevinaba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Just updated to 10.8.5 and lost all USB 3.0 ports and audio is working fine after installing appleHDA.kext

Running the Quo with a i7 3770K and OZ bios.

Anyone have any ideas for getting these back working.

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

infinitemac.com (φοίνιξ) !

• Donators
  • 614 posts

Kevinaba,

I did not experience an issue with my USB 3.0 ports; however, I did experience the audio distortion.

bdv

bdv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Italian motorcycles riding and fixing, computers, cats, pre-print design.

Kevinaba,

I did not experience an issue with my USB 3.0 ports; however, I did experience the audio distortion.

Hi,

Do you have an url to the latest Hermitcrab bios?

I only got the 739M and cannot find the 801 you have in your signature.

LeetGanker

LeetGanker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi all,

How are you guys getting new versions of Hermitcrab bios? I am still rolling 723M on my machine . 

Cheers,

toren

toren

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

bdv, some people are beta-testing versions of the Hermitcrab BIOS that aren't released to the public yet.  Expect a release soon.

LeetGanker, are you sure you have 723M?  Last I checked, the download page still (erroneously) listed the 723M version, but the download link gives you the 729M version.

xpamamadeus

xpamamadeus

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 577 posts

Hi all,

How are you guys getting new versions of Hermitcrab bios? I am still rolling 723M on my machine . 

Cheers,

here u can grab 801m

http://www.insanelym...-ozmosis/page-7

Geesu

Geesu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

bdv, some people are beta-testing versions of the Hermitcrab BIOS that aren't released to the public yet.  Expect a release soon.

LeetGanker, are you sure you have 723M?  Last I checked, the download page still (erroneously) listed the 723M version, but the download link gives you the 729M version.

How do you get on this beta list?  I'm super confused on where to even go to check for the latest release (tor site)?

Also is source posted anywhere, I'm a developer myself and would be interested to learn more on how this works.

rhys216

rhys216

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

I have a Quo AOS board on it's way to me in the post. I thought the point of this board was to have out of the box support for OSX. Assumed that meant without having to use (software that I can't say here) etc. What does this Hermit Crabs Bios do that the standard one doesn't?

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

• Donators
  • 614 posts

rhys216,

Flash the new bios and you have the ability to boot from an unmodified installer/installation (No bootloader installation).

rhys216

rhys216

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

rhys216,

Flash the new bios and you have the ability to boot from an unmodified installer/installation (No bootloader installation).

Thanks, does this mean time machine will work like on a normal mac?

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

• Donators
  • 614 posts

Thanks, does this mean time machine will work like on a normal mac?

Yes. You could place a new hard drive into your rig and restore from your time machine backup without issue.

rhys216

rhys216

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Yes. You could place a new hard drive into your rig and restore from your time machine backup without issue.

Bonus! Thank you.

Wimdows8

Wimdows8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Actually, that is exactly what I did. A full restore from my Mac Pro. However, this caused my machine to not shutdown properly and sleep did not work either. Screen went off, fans and power LED stayed on (no external USB powered devices attached, HD 4000 onboard graphics, Wake on LAN off etc..).

A virgin install (instead of a full TM restore) seems to have done the trick. Currently using Migration Assistant to migrate profile and apps over, after which Sleep and Shut down hopefully still work...(no reason why not).

UPDATE: Migration Assistant finished, I deliberately left Settings out, and checked Applications and User profile, as well as 'Other files and folders' (25GB worth...) on HDD. Now the issues with Shutdown and Sleep are back. :-(

Will try this again, now leaving 'Other files and folders' out and see what happens.

kevinaba

kevinaba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Alright just bios'ed it to the .801 and the audio is fine but still having trouble with the 3.0's, had imessage working from editing the serial number and adding 6 digits but it has stopped working with the new flash, but I fixed it by adding the 6 digits again.

It is showing the USB 3.0s on the system report but nothing connected to them.

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

• Donators
  • 614 posts

Alright just bios'ed it to the .801 and the audio is fine but still having trouble with the 3.0's, had imessage working from editing the serial number and adding 6 digits but it has stopped working with the new flash, but I fixed it by adding the 6 digits again.

It is showing the USB 3.0s on the system report but nothing connected to them.

Did you restore optimized defaults after flashing.

LeetGanker

LeetGanker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks for the info guys. I've just flashed the new BIOS. I'll give it a go when I finish work. 

@Toren, yup I was running 729M. Thanks for correcting me.

@xpamamadeus, Thank you for the download link.

I'd really appreciate if the developers would fix the boot menu in this release. I've got Arch Linux and OS X installed on two different drives. When I want to boot into Arch I have to disable OS X drive from BIOS, otherwise even if I select Arch from boot menu it tries to boot into OS X and ends up with an error. Would be great if they can resolve this.

Cheers, 

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,096 posts

Can someone answer me this: (probably silly question)

Is the NVRAM on this bios writable, i.e does it survive reset.

Thanks

rhys216

rhys216

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Can someone post up the non-beta 801m bios. Hermit crabs seems to be down.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobo

Topic Stats Last Post Info

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy