• Please log in to reply
1328 replies to this topic

IronManJFF

IronManJFF

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Has anyone received a board from a website order yet?

not me

does anyone have a link to the BIOS from HermitCrab labs...

this link https://mrq7bqbfgwmjzd5m.tor2web.org/ does not appear to work...

Notice that it shows rev 723M instead of 739M 

CoBrA2168

CoBrA2168

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

not me

Notice that it shows rev 723M instead of 739M 

Yeah but the actual link takes you here:

https://mrq7bqbfgwmj...OS.H3A.739M.zip

Which seems to be rev 739M.

leesureone

leesureone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Yeah but the actual link takes you here:

https://mrq7bqbfgwmj...OS.H3A.739M.zip

Which seems to be rev 739M.

And that is the version that flashes, H3A.739. Anyone who has followed the link and downloaded the modified bios has seen the comments below and it's part of understanding the next step. I left my 650Ti card in at first and it complicated the flashing process for me, once I removed the card and used the HD4000 graphics built into the CPU things went great. At some point I'm going to want to tackle using an external video card again but for the time being its good and 100% functioning.  

I used a flash drive with ML 10.8.3 and once it was done it rebooted and I was good except for on board audio, there are a couple of fixes for that out out there including in this thread. 

Welcome to The HermitCrab Labs

We like to present you our first Ozmosis (OZ) release!

BIOS

Z77MXQUOAOS.H3A.723M.zip

ZIP:
MD5: 42920fd6bb7f4b9fef07cf4020b2faea
SHA-1: 98f7333ba639754e498ae19cdd523eec948c37cd

BIOS:
MD5: 0075a1008cef8f2dbac913a27ebdc061
SHA-1: c81c777ac121e4061f1b8322a0106a04d7589ad2

Click on the link above, download OZ and unzip to any Fat32 USB flash drive.
Restart with USB flash drive and tap 'End' Key on reboot.
Flash new BIOS
After system verifies flashing, computer will reboot twice.

Enjoy.

INSTRUCTIONS

OZ Boot Manager GUI

Tap HOME key
Use mouse to select OS to boot into. You may also use F12 to access BIOS Boot Manager and select your favorite OS. Simply tap F12 on boot up.

Verbose: When in Boot Selection Alt + V (fixing bug please just tap V once) and then make your choice.

Install from DVD

Insert 10.6.3 DVD
Restart Computer
Tap F12
Select Mac OSX Install DVD

Graphics Cards

Install your compatible [OS specific] GFX
After flashing Init Display and Integrated Graphics will be set to AUTO To use Graphics Card set Init Display : IGPU, Integrated Graphics : Enabled
Restart Computer

Fruitboi

Fruitboi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Hi Guys,

I wanted to report that I finally got to building my box, flashing the ProjectQ motherboard and installing 10.8.4 today. Sweet! Installs from normal retail USB installer without issue. Everything worked except Audio. Installed ALC892 from Toleda to get that working.

Then I got greedy and decided to boot a drive from a MBP.  Everything fired right up! Amazing! I had to install FakeSMC & Plugins to get temp sensors working in iStat Menus and install audio drivers.  Is there a better way to get temp sensors and audio working?

The only issue I can detect is that my CPU multiplier is fixed at the maximum.  My Chameleon system will scale down to 1.6GHz to 3.2GHz to save power. Any idea how to get power management working on the ProjectQ?

Thanks!

joe75

joe75

Revolutionary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Fruitboi, http://www.mediafire...08072013[1].zip

Grab the legacy file there. You will find a script to fix audio in PatchALC892 folder.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,536 posts

Install from DVD

Insert 10.6.3 DVD

I am sorry but 10.6.3 is not supporting SandyBridge or later while you tell about Z77 motherboard?

Is this guide proved? 

smgoller

smgoller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Fruitboi, http://www.mediafire...08072013[1].zip

Grab the legacy file there. You will find a script to fix audio in PatchALC892 folder.

That link is effectively dead, because the account never bothered to validate, and mediafire disabled it.

Is this file anywhere else? I need it.

iLeopod

iLeopod

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Interests:ileopod.wordpress.com

Attached File  QUO_Legacy.080720131.zip   729.01KB   158 downloads

yoyostring

yoyostring

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 12 posts

I am sorry but 10.6.3 is not supporting SandyBridge or later while you tell about Z77 motherboard?
Is this guide proved?

I can confirm this works. This board with the H3A bios can boot directly to an unmodified 10.6.3 retail install DVD. Install went fine, even software update to 10.6.8. I am going to try some PPC apps....

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

infinitemac.com (φοίνιξ) !

• Donators
  • 613 posts

yoyostring,

You did nothing but flash the board and boot from the 10.6.3 retail disk?

No previous installations on the drive that may have had an effect on your results?

flipit23

flipit23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Hi Guys,

I wanted to report that I finally got to building my box, flashing the ProjectQ motherboard and installing 10.8.4 today. Sweet! Installs from normal retail USB installer without issue. Everything worked except Audio. Installed ALC892 from Toleda to get that working.

Then I got greedy and decided to boot a drive from a MBP.  Everything fired right up! Amazing! I had to install FakeSMC & Plugins to get temp sensors working in iStat Menus and install audio drivers.  Is there a better way to get temp sensors and audio working?

The only issue I can detect is that my CPU multiplier is fixed at the maximum.  My Chameleon system will scale down to 1.6GHz to 3.2GHz to save power. Any idea how to get power management working on the ProjectQ?

Thanks!

I am also wondering about what the best way for hardware monitoring is on this board.  I guess there is nothing that will work correctly without installing additional kexts?

modbin

modbin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 114 posts

And it's like I said earlier, as you found out by now, and thus whatever the other guy said... it can be done. You should now be able to boot from your HFS partitions ;)

And wrong again. Just by adding hfsplus.efi you still can't use boot.efi to boot up OS X. That requires some more work. For a start you need at least add support for fat efi files, then write the fsb into the device tree and fix the aptio memory map {censored}. Also a custom smbios is required. Otherwise boot.efi won't even start the kernel. ;)

xpamamadeus

xpamamadeus

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 492 posts

And wrong again. Just by adding hfsplus.efi you still can't use boot.efi to boot up OS X. That requires some more work. For a start you need at least add support for fat efi files, then write the fsb into the device tree and fix the aptio memory map {censored}. Also a custom smbios is required. Otherwise boot.efi won't even start the kernel. ;)

u didnt understand why in first place i put hfsplus in bios.

It wass becouse of Clover and clover can use this driver from bios and then its no need to have this in drivers64uefi folder.

modbin

modbin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 114 posts

u didnt understand why in first place i put hfsplus in bios.

It wass becouse of Clover and clover can use this driver from bios and then its no need to have this in drivers64uefi folder.

Trust me I do understand you. But I was referring to that other guy.

yoyostring

yoyostring

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 12 posts

yoyostring,

You did nothing but flash the board and boot from the 10.6.3 retail disk?

No previous installations on the drive that may have had an effect on your results?

That is correct. There is no /boot on the drive. I used the BOOT override section in the BIOS configuration (DEL) to select my boot drive. F12 doesn't work for me like the web page mentions (Pressing F12 results in no boot for me, doesn't even display the boot drive selection just shows black on the monitor.)

PPC apps work on 10.6.8 with this Board and the H3A BIOS.

Unfortunately the screen res defaults to 1024x768 instead of my monitor's native 1920x1200. This BIOS also does this for Windows and ML until the login screen appears. I am using a GTX660TI and I didn't change any BIOS settings from default. If I find a good deal on a single slot graphics card that works with 10.6 and 10.8 I might try that.

AkimoA

AkimoA

AMD

• Local Moderators
  • 212 posts

as far as i can remember SL never had any supported Driver  for  Kepler Cards correct me when wrong  ,id go for something older like a 9600 if you wanna stick with Snow Leopard   

but for ML your 660 , should be perfectly fine  

ItsJustDave

ItsJustDave

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hello all.  New here.  Finally received my board as a kickstarter backer yesterday.  Busy weekend with the family, but blocked out some time to assemble all of my parts and try booting it up.  So far, I've been running into some difficulties.  RIght now, I can't get it to boot up.  Fans are spinning, everything looks good, but I get no video and no beep codes.

Yanking the memory gets me beep codes, but adding a stick puts me back to silence.

I've cleared CMOS, yanked the battery, no luck.

Currently reduced to the following components:

Z77MX-QUO-AOS

i7-3770K

32G Corsair Vengeance CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10

PSU Corsair TX650M

Anything obvious out of alignment here?

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

• Donators
  • 613 posts

Hello all.  New here.  Finally received my board as a kickstarter backer yesterday.  Busy weekend with the family, but blocked out some time to assemble all of my parts and try booting it up.  So far, I've been running into some difficulties.  RIght now, I can't get it to boot up.  Fans are spinning, everything looks good, but I get no video and no beep codes.

I would pull two of the four memory modules. They are paired so leave one in socket #1 and one in socket #2. (If they are not labeled, #1 should be furthest from the CPU next to the ATX power connector. Counting from #1 its 1,3,2,4. #4 being closest to the CPU. So place your memory in #1 and #2.

Can you audibly describe the beeps? Number of beeps and pauses. Maybe upload a recording?

ItsJustDave

ItsJustDave

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I would pull two of the four memory modules. They are paired so leave one in socket #1 and one in socket #2. (If they are not labeled, #1 should be furthest from the CPU next to the ATX power connector. Counting from #1 its 1,3,2,4. #4 being closest to the CPU. So place your memory in #1 and #2.

Can you audibly describe the beeps? Number of beeps and pauses. Maybe upload a recording?

I've tried starting up with the memory in the 2 furthest slots from the cpu, no beeps.  Swapped for the other pair in the same slots, no beeps.  Here's an audio recording from my phone of the beeps when no memory is inserted.  20-30 short beeps in quick succession, then it'll reboot and do the same all over again.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/si0dgw

Lanceomni

Lanceomni

• Donators
  • 613 posts

I've tried starting up with the memory in the 2 furthest slots from the cpu, no beeps.  Swapped for the other pair in the same slots, no beeps.  

No, they do not go side by side. Please install two modules on the following locations CPU [ ]  [X]  [ ]  [X]  ATX power adapter. See photo below.

In addition, I think it might be something else but lets get the memory in the right place first. Let me know if it does the same thing or if you get a different series of beeps.

In addition, a photos of the motherboard showing everything you see below, especially the ATX 12V in the upper left corner as well as the main motherboard power connector would be helpful.

memory.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobo

Topic Stats Last Post Info

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy