OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

To fill in your signature you go in Acount Settings -> Signature

Try this .. XMAX BIOS (the one I provided) ... disconnect all storage .. i mean ALL, no usb stick , no ssd, no drive.

Can you get the UEFI shell  (y/n) ?

Hi JFF, 

yes! I can get the UEFI shell, short version on top of the screen.

>----

EFI Shell version 2.31 (4.653)

Current running mode 1.1.2

map: Cannot find required map name.

Shell>

----<

I have to say that this time I have unplugged the USB flash drive where I had the BIOS versions, I DID NOT do that on the previous testings, I just unplugged the HDD/SSDs

Thanks!

Hi JFF, 

yes! I can get the UEFI shell, short version on top of the screen.

>----
EFI Shell version 2.31 (4.653)
Current running mode 1.1.2
map: Cannot find required map name.
Shell>
----  
I have to say that this time I have unplugged the USB flash drive where I had the BIOS versions, I DID NOT do that on the previous testings, I just unplugged the HDD/SSDs

Thanks!

Now only plug the drive that you have (or want ) Mojave on on connector SATA0,0.. boot with F12 and go to UEFI shell .. then verify that your Defaults.plist is in /EFI/Oz/Defaults.plist ... if it is not copy it from the USB flash drive ... if it is reboot with F12 at the boot menu reset nvram to force your Defaults.plist on the drive to be read and processed.

Now only plug the drive that you have (or want ) Mojave on on connector SATA0,0.. boot with F12 and go to UEFI shell .. then verify that your Defaults.plist is in /EFI/Oz/Defaults.plist ... if it is not copy it from the USB flash drive ... if it is reboot with F12 at the boot menu reset nvram to force your Defaults.plist on the drive to be read and processed.

Merci!

When you say "if it is reboot with F12 at the boot menu reset nvram to force your Defaults.plist on the drive to be read and processed."

How do i perform the nvram at this point, without losing the BIOS?

I don't see any option at boot menu under F12 that allow to clear nvram, or shall I do the tradional mac ctrl+alt+p+r?

Thanks!

Ok. JFF All done.. now.

XMAX BIOS loaded

Defaults.plist (based on yours with other serials) loaded on FS0

Booted with F12 and cleared PRAM (I assumed I have to release the keys when the kermitlabs logo appear)

Reboot computer with F12

Entered UEFI

when in Shell, cd to FS3 (where the system is ) and cd to system/library/coreservices

executed boot.efi

Screen goes to black nothing happens

Computer shuts down immediately when the power button is pressed.

The screen will flash red .. you can't miss it

correct! now I remember.. I pressed the keys until the Kermit Labs logo appeared.

I need to write down this...

Question : Is your drive encrypted with FileVault ? If so you have to boot thru the Preboot Volume

Question: There is a RecoveryHD partition also .. have you tried to boot that one ?

Question : The OS you are trying to boot was it installed from a real Mac ? or thru the installer on your QUO ?

Question: Can you boot USB installer ?

Try LOAD OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS from BIOS setup or try resetting CMOS according to mobo manual or by removing the battery for at least 30 mins

Edited by IronManJFF
Added RecoveryHD

Question : Is your drive encrypted with FileVault ? If so you have to boot thru the Preboot Volume

NO

Question : The OS you are trying to boot was it installed from a real Mac ? or thru the installer on your QUO ?

Installed on a real Mac (macbook pro late 2017)

Question: Can you boot USB installer ?

Nope, already tried, happens the same.

Try LOAD OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS from BIOS setup or try resetting CMOS according to mobo manual or by removing the battery for at least 30 mins

I did the optimized defaults, 

Also tried to remove the battery, but not for 30 minutes, just a few seconds...

I will remove the battery this night and try again tomorrow

Thank you!

Bon Soir!

I feel it! I feel it! I feel it!

I had a hunch that has been around lately... if my problem  is related to the graphics card?

If it what happens is the UEFI is booting on the build in graphics card, and when I try to boot the macos, the computer is trying to boot on another graphics card?... that was my guess.

So I have plug a RX580 I have around here et VOILÀ!! I have been able to launch Mojave!!

My hunch was right.. so probably all the tryouts before could be working with a graphics card installed (taking in account that this QUO never had a graphics card installed before)

Horay!

Thanks a lot for your support JFF!

and now yes.. Bonne Nuit!

English translation after the original reply ... 

Tu nous fais perdre notre temps. Voici ce qui va arriver ..On va te donner ce que tu cherches pis tu vas disparaître  et on va pas te revoir jusqu'au prochain OS et on va recommencer le manège.

Je sais pas c'est quoi que tu comprends pas dans 'pas de build signature' = 'pas d'aide'.

Si t'es même pas capable de faire ça et de le faire correctemment, tu te démerdes, toute l'info dont tu as besoin existe déjà sur le forum, tu prendras le temps de lire.

C'est dans 'Account Settings' -> 'Signature'

English translation :

You make us waste our time. This is what will happen .. We will give you what you are looking for and then you will disappear and we will not see you again until the next OS and we will start all over again.

I do not know what you do not understand in 'no build signature' = 'no help'. It seems simple enough.
If you're not even able to do that and do it right, you're on your own, all the info you need already exists on the forum, you'll take the time to read it.

To fill in your signature you go in Acount Settings -> Signature

Try this .. XMAX BIOS (the one I provided) ... disconnect all storage .. i mean ALL, no usb stick , no ssd, no drive.

Can you get the UEFI shell  (y/n) ?

Thank for putting me on the spot lol , now I am starting to understand how this site works 

sorry you took personal , it was  not my intentions to do so

I had a hunch that has been around lately... if my problem  is related to the graphics card?

If it what happens is the UEFI is booting on the build in graphics card, and when I try to boot the macos, the computer is trying to boot on another graphics card?... that was my guess.

So I have plug a RX580 I have around here et VOILÀ!! I have been able to launch Mojave!!

My hunch was right.. so probably all the tryouts before could be working with a graphics card installed (taking in account that this QUO never had a graphics card installed before)

Horay!

So there is now two people succeeding with an external GPU, apparently this new Mojave don't work well with Intel HD 4000 GPU.

Horay!

I was sure your BIOS settings were messed up somehow ... that kinda proves it. Unless they are messed up in the BIOS image itself.

Thank for putting me on the spot lol , now I am starting to understand how this site works 

Let bygones be bygones. Fresh Start.

Let bygones, be bygones. Fresh Start ..

Let bygones, be bygones. Fresh Start ..

9 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

I was sure your BIOS settings were messed up somehow ... that kinda proves it. Unless they are messed up in the BIOS image itself.

But, when they were messed?

I simply downloaded the BIOS from this page, copied to a USB Drive, and then use Q-Flash under BIOS setup to load the file...

I didn't touch anything.. and I tried at least 4 different BIOS, always with the same behaviour.

, what I did wrong?

But, when they were messed?
I simply downloaded the BIOS from this page, copied to a USB Drive, and then use Q-Flash under BIOS setup to load the file...
I didn't touch anything.. and I tried at least 4 different BIOS, always with the same behaviour.

, what I did wrong?

I don't think you did anything wrong but i guess the parms in the CMOS were somehow either corrupted on incorrect ... but then you changed the configuration by putting the RX card into it... so it may have triggered something

On 1/7/2019 at 11:16 PM, IronManJFF said:

I don't think you did anything wrong but i guess the parms in the CMOS were somehow either corrupted on incorrect ... but then you changed the configuration by putting the RX card into it... so it may have triggered something

But then, how come that I can repeat the scenarios? 

as soon as I take out the GPU, I get stuck at the same place, with the 3 BIOS I tried.

Yesterday I left the computer al night without the battery, even like this, the behaviour repeats consistently.

maybe this MB, in particular, has some problem. it's a bit particular, I only can have 2  4GB RAM modules, and only in bank 1 and bank 3, any other combination of positons or sizes does not work, the computer starts and stops, starts and stop, and I can't even enter the BIOS setup.

Now that I know how to proceed, as soon as I receive the new enclosure, I will upgrade my main QUO Mac. (the one that currently has the nVidia 750 Ti) .

Do you recomment, before starting to do a full reset of the board? (fully unplug and battery out during one night)

Thank you!!

Edited by jjrecort

Try this ... Remove GPU, reset CMOS according to manual (turn off power supply and touch the reset cmos pins with a conductor), reboot to BIOS settings and select 'Load Optimized Defaults' .. save and exit.

Only removing GPU without resetting CMOS almost always end up in non-booting.

On 1/6/2019 at 11:25 AM, elviejo said:

The bios is the same IronManJFF uploaded a way back the only difference is that I incorporated a macminmi8,1.smbios instead of the regular OzmosisDefaults.plist, here is the one I used (populate the serial and baseboard serial before, use Clover Configuration to obtain yours, Ozmosis Configurator don't have macmini8,1 )OzmosisDefaults.plist.zip

The bios is the same IronManJFF uploaded a way back the only difference is that I incorporated a macminmi8,1.smbios instead of the regular OzmosisDefaults.plist, here is the one I used (populate the serial and baseboard serial before, use Clover Configuration to obtain yours, Ozmosis Configurator don't have macmini8,1 )OzmosisDefaults.plist.zip

need help please , I am trying to make it work and I am still stuck on black screen .. when I press F12 I have the menu to boot from hard drive after that black screen 

is it possible to have your EFI folder and your bios that you use please 

On June 28, 2018 at 6:57 PM, IronManJFF said:

ROM image compatible with MacOS Mojave (works with previous OS too )

Infinite thanks @Cecekpawon and @TypeThree for providing a solution for Kext injection

I merely assembled it for our beloved motherboard

Z77MXQUOAOS.H20.167X-XMAX.ROM

On June 30, 2018 at 11:41 AM, IronManJFF said:

Step #1
Finding your APFS filesystem mapping.

Boot with F12 and go to UEFI shell
Issue this command

fs1:\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

Does it boot to High Sierra/Mojave ?, if so  go to Step #2, if not repeat Step #1 but this time replace fs1 by fs2, fs3 ... until you get to the one that will boot in High Sierra/Mojave.

Step #2

Listing current boot entries

Once again go to UEFI Shell and issue this command

bcfg boot dump

This will output the boot list that you see when you press F12 at boot. It is a numbered list .. take note the highest number. 

Step #3

Adding the new boot entry

Now issue theses commands (replacing italic by values we found earlier)

fsn:
bcfg boot addp highest number +1 System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi "Name that you want to appear in F12 Menu"

You should get a message saying that the boot entry was added

Restart the system by issuing this command

reset

and go to F12 menu ..it should be there. Select it and it should boot you into High Sierra/Mojave. 

The boot entry will persist until you do a nvram reset or flash a new ROM.

You can then select the startup disk in System Preferences

13 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

Try this ... Remove GPU, reset CMOS according to manual (turn off power supply and touch the reset cmos pins with a conductor), reboot to BIOS settings and select 'Load Optimized Defaults' .. save and exit.

Only removing GPU without resetting CMOS almost always end up in non-booting.

no luck... I can't even reboot to BIOS or anything else... it just keeps starting and stopping... 

I will try again...