OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Next problem - system reboots when brought out of sleep. I've tried the old trick of deleting the Ethernet connection and recreating it to no avail. Nothing in system log or asl files as far as I can see that relates to it.

Wake-On-LAN or wake by user activity ?

I have sleep disabled on mine because Nvidia cards are notoriously 'sensible' to wake/sleep'

Does it also happen if you don't overclock ?

21 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

Wake-On-LAN or wake by user activity ?

I have sleep disabled on mine because Nvidia cards are notoriously 'sensible' to wake/sleep'

Does it also happen if you don't overclock ?

Sense of deja vu here. I still had the SSDT-PM.aml in my EFI Load folder. Don't know how it was working with HS.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this not once but twice (back in June).

On 10/11/2018 at 1:45 AM, jjrecort said:

Thank you a lot IronManJFF,

The 580 and 570 are also good for FCPX, and the WX9100 is a dream I can't afford :)

But I see all the boards are Standard Profile, this means I need to change the enclosure and have a bulkier box under my desk.

So for now I will follow your advice and go for High Sierra until I do the major change of the computer case.

Is the BIOS posted on this page good for High Sierra also?

Attached a photo of my sleek CPU

It's also rack mountable so I can take it with me in a flight case when I'm on tour

And it has a dock for 3x 5-1/4 HDDs without caddy

Thank you!

image1.jpeg

Looks like we had similar ideas!

IMG_20181017_144830.jpg

On 9/26/2018 at 11:55 AM, Casm101 said:

Did you make the necessary changes to the Defaults.plist file??

EDIT: I’m assuming you didn’t already have the beta, and are installing from HighSierra or lower...

hi question, where is the new bios , I have tried a few in many page and link and it not working for me

On 10/11/2018 at 4:45 AM, jjrecort said:

Thank you a lot IronManJFF,

The 580 and 570 are also good for FCPX, and the WX9100 is a dream I can't afford :)

But I see all the boards are Standard Profile, this means I need to change the enclosure and have a bulkier box under my desk.

So for now I will follow your advice and go for High Sierra until I do the major change of the computer case.

Is the BIOS posted on this page good for High Sierra also?

Attached a photo of my sleek CPU

It's also rack mountable so I can take it with me in a flight case when I'm on tour

And it has a dock for 3x 5-1/4 HDDs without caddy

Thank you!

image1.jpeg

hi what is the suppler of your mount case

31 minutes ago, guido13456 said:

for mojave

The one I linked is the only Mojave friendly firmware. If it does not work for you, then you are not doing it right

Please make a proper detailed signature detailing your build to get further assistance

First and foremost thank you for the great help this community has put together in order to keep the QUO motherboard alive!

Yesterday I decided to upgrade my old OSX 10.10.5 setup to 10.13.6 by following the bits and pieces throughout this thread and I was able to complete the upgrade successfully, however I now have two problems:

1) In the BIOS boot options I no longer see the Linux drive that I was able to select prior to the upgrade. When I through the process of upgrading I unplugged all additional drives and only left the one with OSX 10.10 plugged in. Note that after installing High Sierra I had to follow the instructions in the following comment in order to even get my High Sierra to boot, which is located on fs3. My LVM-encrypted Linux drive is on fs7. How can I boot into my Linux drive? I do see in the SATA configuration that it is properly connected.

2) My wireless keyboard mapping is quite strange as it appears that the FN key is now permanently pressed. For example, after QWERTY it outputs 456* for the keys UIOP, which I normally would have to press FN to get those values. This is the same behavior for all other keys which also have FN options.

Thanks in advance for the help.

In the BIOS, change boot options from UEFI Only to UEFI and Legacy to get your Linux drive visible.

Keyboard problem sounds like a keyboard fault. I find that I can fix all keyboard faults by hitting it heavily in the middle of the keys and going and buying a new one.

Edited by ntsmkfob

12 hours ago, ntsmkfob said:

In the BIOS, change boot options from UEFI Only to UEFI and Legacy to get your Linux drive visible.

Thank you @ntsmkfob, that did it!

12 hours ago, ntsmkfob said:

Keyboard problem sounds like a keyboard fault. I find that I can fix all keyboard faults by hitting it heavily in the middle of the keys and going and buying a new one.

I gave up and am using a different keyboard without issues :)

On 10/19/2018 at 11:28 AM, IronManJFF said:

The one I linked is the only Mojave friendly firmware. If it does not work for you, then you are not doing it right

Please make a proper detailed signature detailing your build to get further assistance

hi it is the same motherboard quo 

19 hours ago, guido13456 said:

hi it is the same motherboard quo 

If it would not be I'd tell you to go elsewhere....

I am going to sound blunt but If you can't take the time to do a search or scroll up a couple of pages and you can't take the time to make a build signature then I don't see why I should take my time to help you out.

9 minutes ago, dwdrummer0 said:

Seems like apple are the ones holding up the process...

Well it is true that Apple is trying to slowly transition to AMD, and have been backing them for quite a while, I’m not surprised that they are taking so long to release the web drivers for Nvidea...

@IronManJFF

Hello again ;)

i had accident and i spill water on my computer. 

ive clean it all but now osx dosent want to load. i took out the battery from QUO for a day to let mobo dry.

few months ago u have helped me to run high sierra with correct Defaults.plist ect. thanks for that;)

osc high sierra instaled. 

ive reinstal bios again and put in default settings in case there were some errors  Z77MXQUOAOS.H20.CPWN-APFS.ROM

ironMan provided before. 

ssd with my osx is name HAL500 is plugged in sata 1 and all other hdd are disconnected 

see screenshots plz. 

44998307_246990079305228_1161690642414305280_n.thumb.jpg.1e15f742733f79165f6dfad9518a831b.jpg

it seems  bios dont see Bot options from my ssd. 

IMG_0310.thumb.jpg.959157ff427eb94b59b143e728f300ae.jpgIMG_0312.thumb.jpg.881ee7415e2e190eb7bdb30bf4a21fc7.jpg

when i start computer i see this

44945956_2143527832640985_7270783400473001984_n.thumb.jpg.e87ee3d91f7fa77c014d43e3775c08cb.jpg

after typing EXIT 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c745004830_333769303843761_810653482024435712_n.thumb.jpg.7ef76d5e177b0155a5e25368dbbc7a56.jpg

cd,,next post

Edited by bezna

and picking secelction 

i see this 

44927083_332241354175214_7063716163775102976_n.thumb.jpg.a72840951885f4f9add9dc2c70515f28.jpg

small offtopic

i have 2 x8gb ram 

when i put 2x8gb in bank 1 and 3 my computer is restarting again and again

but when ram is just in bank 1 its all working fine and i check them both.( is my mobo damage by the water) 

aaah and my gtx 1060 is working to but fan starts in the beggining and stops. 

1 hour ago, Casm101 said:

You should know by checking which data port your boot drive is plugged in, and if not, by testing each partition one by one

ive try fs0 to fs10 and nothing My drive is connected to sata 3  port 0 (white port closest to the mobo)