OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, telecastaway said:

Anybody have experience with the Thunderbolt ports on this motherboard? I have had two of these boards for years now and whenever i connect a Thunderbolt device it is not recognized until I reboot the machine.

Normal behaviour  for any hackintosh as far as I know

Edited by IronManJFF

On 7/19/2018 at 2:39 AM, jkim74 said:

Running High Sierra with no issues on Quo MB.  (Thanks everyone!)

About to get RX 560 video card to use with FCPX. 

I know there have been some posts about this, but with High Sierra, does this video card work out of box our will I have to patch kext?

Thanks

Don't think it works OOTB ... it is notably absent from  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208544 

• 2 weeks later...

Try with iMac 13,2 plist, same result, Apple logo and that is, if verbose mode black screen ( not really black, is like the screen before booting ), I'm trying with the 5 developer beta, don't know if that's the problem.

Hey guys, Im having two different problems, I wonder if any of you have them too.... ^_^

Firstly, there is an update for thunderbolt 1.2, that I can never install, no matter what version of MacOS I'm running.

And secondly, the new Home app in Mojave, doesn't seem to work for me, I can open it, but it just sits there loading... forever...

Thaaanks :frantics:

Thunderbolt update : You should hide or ignore it .... Apple's firmware update are meant for Genuine Apple hardware. I chose to hide in software update so it does not keep bothering me

Home app in Mojave .. same result .. unsure if it is supposed to work... but maybe I should enable bluetooth and wifi and retry ...

11 minutes ago, IronManJFF said:

Thunderbolt update : You should hide or ignore it .... Apple's firmware update are meant for Genuine Apple hardware. I chose to hide in software update so it does not keep bothering me

Ok, I'll hide it, it does get kind of annoying after seeing it there after a while...

12 minutes ago, IronManJFF said:

Home app in Mojave .. same result .. unsure if it is supposed to work... but maybe I should enable bluetooth and wifi and retry ...

I hadn't thought of the wifi, I don't have a dongle, but I do have bluetooth. It might make a bit of sense if it is because of not having Wifi... I'll see if I can get a hold of one...

13 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

Well guess what it decided not to crash with the latest beta after restart (no BT or wifi).. wonders never cease ... but I have no HomeKit devices to test ...

I would like to offer a huge thanks for all of the work from everyone involved in keeping these QUO boards alive. I have two of them, and just got one of them running 10.13.6 following the many instructions, and using the generously provided configuration files and newest BIOS ROM Z77MXQUOAOS.H20.167X-XMAX.ROM from this thread.

It's currently running  stock config, no additional GPU or other hardware - yet. 

I'd like to install a Powercolor RED Dragon RX-580 card that I have, but I'm not quite sure how to go about that with the QUO config. I'm assuming installing GPU's is different in these boards vs. a "traditional" hackintosh using the Chameleon or other bootloader injection methods.....or am I wrong?

Apologies if I overlooked this information somewhere earlier in the thread.

Any suggestions or information is appreciated.

Thanks!

vco